Why did he look, talk and act like some weird MexiJapChinaman robot?

Why did he look, talk and act like some weird MexiJapChinaman robot?

...and general Blade Runner discussion, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4NvLkUd7K4
youtube.com/watch?v=WvBw_NnY0L0
youtube.com/watch?v=5A3JkjScUKY
gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cause he was cool as fuck desu

The replicants in Blade Runner know they're replicants. Except Rachael. She's a new type of replicant and shes been given somebody else's memories to cushion her emotional responses so she can be more easily controlled. So if Deckard is also a replicant, he doesn't know about it either. So hes the same as Rachael. So it follows that he must have somebody else's memories too. And there's really only one person who's memories he could have.

GAFF IS DECKARD. If you think about it, it makes complete sense. Who is Gaff anyway? I propose that he was the best Blade Runner in the business before he got injured and acquired his limp, possibly even going after the replicants in the film. He's right up there in the cop ranks and appears to be close to Police Chief Bryant, the same relationship Deckard re-assumes when he's hauled in at the start of the film. Deckard isn't even allowed to fly his own police car. Pretty much every time he needs to go somewhere, Gaff has to drive him. He's a real dick about it too, he doesn't talk to him or even acknowledge his presence. He just drives him around with that resentful scowl on his face. How come Deckard isn't flying himself?

Right through the film, Gaff shows complete contempt for Deckard. Right at the start when he approaches him eating those delicious looking noodles, his way of saying "hello" is by hitting him on the arm with his cane. All the way through he's basically a massive prick to him. The relationship makes sense - this whole endeavour of using a robot to hunt robots is experimental. If Deckard has Gaff's memories and skills than who better to keep a close eye on him to assess how things are going? And how much would Gaff hate doing this? The more Deckard succeeds, the more reason Gaff has to hate him. He's everything Gaff once was and serves as a painfull reminder.

Then we have the one big clue. The unicorn. Gaff knows about Deckard's recurring dream. How else could this be the case unless he also has the same dream?

I've asked before, what Sup Forums thinks of him?

Hit the nail on the head. Just another reason this film is so great

I was happy to see Graff on the 2022 short and in the new movie. I wish I knew how do to origami so I could just fold origami loosely connected to the conversation in any and all social gathering.

>Deckard is a replicant

Then how come he's weak as fuck and almost dies at the end and can't punch through walls and shit?

Different model, Rachael isnt superhuman either that we know of

because he isnt a milspec combat model like Roy Batty, as that would probably make it impossible to fool him into thinking hes a human - if he got hit by a car and got up completely uninjured, hed realise he was a replicant

not every replicant is designed for the same purpose, so most of them don't have the same traits.
the replicant girls don't have the strength of Roy or Leon. both do manual labor, the girls were literally sex toys.

>mexijapchinaman
It fits the bladerunner universe. Everyone lives in huge melting pot megacities. There's chinese and russian writing everywhere. Also that's just how Edward James Olmos looks.

better question is why did he become the KFC colonel in 2049

cool post. Never thought of it this way. does Gaff's scene in BR 2049 contradicts or reinforce this theory in any way?

All I remember thinking was that the actor really should've used some acne medicine in his youth. His face looks like the other side of the Moon.

They sure did kick Deckard's ass though.

And Gaff tells him "You've done a man's job, Sir!" - the ultimate compliment you could pay a replicant.

In The Final Cut Deckard picks up an origami unicorn, having dreamt of one earlier in the movie. He recalls Gaff's parting words "It's a shame she won't live, but then who does?" Clearly the implication is Deckard is going to die like Rachael, presumably they will be allowed to flee and enjoy what time they have as a reward.

Deckard isn't superhuman to prevent the danger he would pose if he ran amok.

honestly, as much as i like blade runner, gaff speaking whatever the fuck that language was to deckard was completely stupid.
he can speak english, yet he insists on speaking hungarian (i think?) to deckard even after he's replied to in english.

did you even watch the movie? there was a scene where some nigger wanted replicants and luv said "why get features you dont need".

>You've done a man's job, Sir
IIRC in one of the early drafts, this line was followed by "But are you truly a man?"

>Lófasz! Nehoggymá! Te vágy á Bléd Bléd ránner

It's called "Cityspeak" you fucking plebian. Get off this board.

Eddie Olmos created Cityspeak by combining Hungarian and several other languages. He even took some language courses at Berlitz.

*Bryant identified Khora as "trained for an off-world kick murder squad", and Pris as a "basic pleasure-model" but this seems like a production goof, as it's Pris who's dangerous and manipulative, whereas Zhora fled in a panic. Pris is also tough enough to submerge her hand in boiling water, much like Leon Kolwalski, who was made for military labour.

If you knew or had to deal with any foreigners on a regular basis you'd know that they do that shit all the time. And it's fuckin annoying.

Yeah, because he's fucking with Deckard, ya mong.

Zhora was "retrained" to be an assassin

It's just slang. The future world of Blade Runner doesn't have language barriers like we do now.
If I said "lul fucking cuck beta soyboy shitpost" youd reply in english, not internet slang speech

oh shit, blade runner DEEPEST LORE is back on the menu boyz

>tfw you're nyugdíjas

OH SHIT!

So are the greatest lines in film history all related within 10min?

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

then

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4NvLkUd7K4

literal
kino
find me anything better I dare you

youtube.com/watch?v=WvBw_NnY0L0

*teleports behind you*
BRYANT

Another thing. Bryant have to explain to Deckard what replicants are, despite the fact Deckard was supposedly a seasoned Blade Runner. We can assume that he doesn't have all of Gaff's memories just essential ones to shape his personality.

>let's make a blade runner replicant
>wait don't give him super strength lol
This makes no sense.

Colonel Sanders IS A REPLICANT

>This entire post
Truly a thinking man's film

It does make sense. In order for them to believe that they are human. They have to make them human like as possible. Both he and Rachel were experiments as Tyrell said.

If he realizes he's special, he may realize he's a replicant, and may not want to be a blade runner

>coolest motherfucker around in dystopia 2019 LA
>best cop chief in miami
>best space admiral on tv

he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Jesus fuck, I'm either being meme'd harder than I have ever been in my life or you all need to re-watch the movie.

Nice meme.

Now it makes sense.

>all nexus 6 models were banned from Earth
>Rachel somehow had a free pass
Can someone explain this?

ah, never mind. have fun

No, Gaff is the real deal.

Gaff doesn't show contempt for Deckard. Have you never had a professional working relationship with another man your own age?

>because he isnt a milspec combat model like Roy Batty
He would have been designed to hunt down milspec combat models like Roy Batty. Being weak as fuck is a poor design choice for such an occupation, isn't it?

Gaff made origami figures to annoy Deckard

In the theatrical version. It was mentioned that he was speaking "city speak". Every cop in the Blade Runner universe were required to know every language.

Mark 0:52
youtube.com/watch?v=5A3JkjScUKY

She didn't
Since she was a top-secret experiment by Tyrell, and was nearly indistinguishable because of her implanted memories, she avoided most suspicion.

As soon as she escaped from Tyrell's protection, she was considered a fugitive.

It's more like a "mixed salad" in Blade Runner.

you mean Colonel Sandels?

As much as I truly appreciate this original take on Brade Runna, you're reading too much into Graff's treatment of Deckard. He's just a prick, that doesn't make Deckard a replicant. Furthermore, the sequel clearly revealed that Deckard was intact human.

Brainlet detected

It's also hinted that she's one of the very few (if not the only) Nexus 7s

Deckard was a bit of a prick himself.

Maybe they gave him the resillience to get bashed through walls by combat models like we see in the film, but not the same strength, instead making him rely on his police issue weapon (same reasoning, so if he goes bad he's not a superhuman killing machine)

Clearly stated that they're only allowed on on he Tyrell premises. The bitch escaped.

>sequel clearly revealed that Deckard was intact human.
It was ambiguous actually.
For all we know he could be human, or both him and Rachael are experimental replicants that are as close as "being human" as Tyrell could make them. They could age, were weak, and could breed. Rachael died in childbirth, she couldn't be that strong

He seems and acts a mix of many races and cultures because this movie is meant to be a prophetic work of enlightenment/liberal globalism illustrated by gnostic, masonic, and fascistic* themes (*meaning corporations working with govt: see Tyrell Corp and the symbols in his chambers).

PKD, Scott, and many others are privy to, or can at least, foresee the future based on ruling presuppositions and techne. And that future is social engineering people to be rootless consumers squeezed into tiny boxes, having no convictions, pliable to any social experimentation brought forth by the elites, ultimately to live and die according under complete control--full spectrum dominance.

How does this relate to Gaff? Well, how does full spectrum dominance work? You break down identity, language, culture, beliefs, faith, etc. And what you get in the end is the New Man. This is the end result of gnosticism: a reshaping of man according to (elite) man's desires.

Furthermore, Gaff is a Mercurian archetype, meant to be the guide for Deckard's awakening (elnlightenment/luciferian concept), and ultimate rebellion (gnostic virtue). Look at the origami pieces: a rooster symbolizing the awakening, the man with phallus meaning the confrontation eith temptation (Zhora's edenic theme with the snake), and unicorn (you be the judge).

If this is the case, then how did Deckard live to be 70-something?

See:

now the dust has settled can we all agree that 2049 is the superior film?

But Rachel died after the usual life expectancy for a replicant.

Nice headcanon, faggot.

You better watch your fucking mouth son

No, kiddo. Not at all.

She died from giving birth to Ana.

Rutger Hauer is bae

I heard the sequel completely bastardized his character. Is this true?

Such an autistic reason to descredit the movie. The sequel is superior.

He is just a shitty anime character mate

Nope. It stayed true to his character.

lol

Not really. He's just in a nursing home in the new one. It doesn't really do anything to the character.

His character is basically a cameo. Doesnt really affect the plot in any meaningful way.

>good scenes are only when characters are reciting lines into the camera, not their actions in the context of the narrative
this kind of mental midget logic comparison is a disgrace even for the original

Both are extremely good films, but some of the shots in the original certainly haven't aged that well tbqh

copy pasta
gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html#
dont give this tard credit

Nice head canon, but you'll never know if it's true

2049 can be discredited on many such comparisons. And also that of it's easily-impressed millennial fanbase.
>I sympathize with k, therefore the film is good
>tfw no gf
>kinoesque, a visual feast
>best shot of all time *watches films primary from post 2010*
The context of the narrative in 2049 is that of a rehashed, unoriginal spectacle that just happens to be better than the average Hollywood flick. There are too few moments that can be said to be inclusive, and not just renditions of age-old tales and themes depicted in hundreds of films prior.

>I propose that he was the best Blade Runner in the business before he got injured and acquired his limp, possibly even going after the replicants in the film.
This is what your entire theory depends on and YOU COMPLETELY MADE IT UP.

This would imply that the police chief was in on it too. Do we have evidence to back that up?

>Have you never had a professional working relationship with another man your own age?
No.

Adriaantjuh

your vlogs suck ass, Rob

This is the gayest theory ever.
Gaff is tsundere for Deckard.
He makes little gay origami shit and makes a unicorn (a homosexual horse) and leaves it for Deckard as in a "Call me" kind of way implying Rachael is going to die soon.
When she does die Deckard can run into Gaffs arms and be butt buddies.
Deckard's unicorn dream is merely symbolism for his homosexual subconscious.
There.
Blade Runner is nothing but a huge gay undertone.

You literally didn't give a single argument of why is that dumb comparison picture a good comparison, you just went on a rant about the sequel in general. Again, a terrible nonsensical comparison

>Look at me my projection is valid argument.

You mean user is not Gavin Rothery, vfx director of Moon?

their entire first conversation? like leaving Deckard no choice about the matter and so on

If Deckard has Gaff's memories, why doesn't he understand Cityspeak?

coz he wasn't built to be a runner, he was built to ascend his programming, fall in love with his partner and father a miracle. Gaff's bladerunning memories were just a patch to give Deckard a job and a fighting chance.

So they gave Gaff's blade running memories to a rep that wasn't made to be a blade runner, and never in Gaff's blade running memories did he ever use Cityspeak?

>batty boy is a nutcase who literally kills a bunch of people that didn't deserve it
>says some poetic stuff while he's dying
OMG SO DEEP THE FEELS

2049's Tears in the Rain equivalent is when K is on the steps in the snow.

The BR scene you're looking for is the one where Pris is flailing around like an average Sup Forums poster.

I do not believe they would be able to pull it off

were the replicants Deckard exterminated speaking City when he retired them? you're conflating the hunt for clues and interviewing of people--plain detective work, as blade running