Has a boyfriend

>has a boyfriend

>is alone on purge night

what was he doing?

Purging, I guess.

Cucking her

Half the time it is a lie. Its basically a nice way to say "fuck off".

Bad writing

This.

Doesn't matter. Morty deserves better women anyway. Morty should be saving himself for pure women instead. Like the girl version of himself. That way when people tell him to go fuck himself he can.

Leave it to a bitch to think that lying to your face is nicer than honestly telling you that you're just not her type.

Haha
It's not bad writing, the way she phrases it cleverly hints that she's just lying to put Morty down gently, but failing at it, it's actually pretty good writing

No
Season 2 was worst than Season 1
That episode was probably the worst episode in that season
Rick and Morty is generally a bad show

Whoaaaa bra slow your roll, we're talking about this one part of dialogue, not the season or show as a whole

He doesn't exist.

"I have a boyfriend" is girl for "I'm not interested."

OK there Mr. "Nice Guy"TM

It was Rick.

I will never understand why beta males are permitted writing in shows. Female characters like this cunt and the cunt who killed Bird/Phoenix Person never getting punished? You can thank the beta males for that shit. Especially because Rick and Morty is only getting female writers for the first time during Season 3.

fpop

tits or gtfo

>voiced Bea on Fish Hooks
>Oscar was more or less Fish Morty to the point where Justin used the same voice for him

What did they mean by this?

A woman's power lies in her ability to make men believe whatever they say, the vast majority of the time that takes the form of a lie. Men are more straightforward because their power lies in physicality, and their ability to respond to any potential physical consequences of what they say is much greater than that of a woman.

Women are cowards because of their nature, it's not something they have control over.

She was being a winch..

>I would prefer to see her in evil Morty's herm..wearing a collar and drouped ears.

>tell sperglord you aren't interested
>he pulls out knife/gun and attempts to kill you/himself

i'm not even a woman but i wouldnt be honest with you fucks either, 95% of you look like school shooters

And the only reason women can so freely lie to the point they destroy lies is because men are unwilling to castigate them for destructive acts of the sort. If there was a law that criminalized the helping of women by men? Women would cry because they know that pissing off any random dude could equal a societal approved bloody beating or even killing.

Wow, just, bro what kind of shit have you been reading

Evolutionary biology

>implying Tammy isn't going to get killed at some point
also you sound like a very bitter beta male

Waiter, there's /r9k/ in my Sup Forums

Who hurt you, user?

I'm asking so I know what to tell people when you shoot up your school.

What published source on evolutionary biology told you all women's words are lies?

*Evolutionary psychology

Ah, the ugly stepchild of biology, the realm of "just-so" stories, un-testable assumptions, and cognitive guesswork.

I'm extremely successful with women, actually. Probably because I take the time to understand human nature, and not blunder through life wondering why people act the way they do.

The Protocols of the Witches of Feminion

You don't understand how establishing and testing theories works in a psychological format, do ya son?

How do you know what anyone here looks like, you aren't digging through my Sup Forums account history are you?

This. If a woman says she's not interested in the guy 90% of the time its not going to stop the guy from still pestering her. Hell girls can say they have a boyfriend and that still wouldn't stop the guy from continuing to hit on her. Guys just can't take no as an answer

>all women's words are lies

That is an exceptionally strange thing to pull out of the original statement, as the main point of the statement remains unchanged if the part about women lying often were removed.

careful with that meme, it's vintage

You don't understand how often even those softer standards aren't fulfilled by evolutionary psychology do you champ?

Even the best of them have to contend with the fact that the environment of ancient humans has so many unknowns... and the fact that we have only the barest understanding of brain function... so explain to me how they are testing things in the field user?

Because I'm pretty sure there were a few that I worked with, but I'm willing to hear your unique perspective.

>Tell guy he's "just not her type"
SOME POSSIBLE RESULTS:
a) Guy gets defensive, demands to know what is wrong with him and then gets argumentative if she points out his flaws. If she doesn't, she's just a bitch
b) Guy believes this means that he has a chance with a bit of change (her opinion or his prospects) so he continues to bother her periodically or keep tabs
c) He leaves her alone

VS:

>Tell guy she's dating someone
a) He leaves her alone
b) He keeps bothering her anyway (and would have if she had told the truth)

I'm not a chick, but I'd totally lie to you guys

>He lives in another state, you never met him before, he doesn't go to our school

>No I don't have any pictures of him, he's private like that

If you are a guy and go for the "do you have pictures of him" attempt, you've already lost any shred of credibility in saying you aren't creepy.

The Sup Forumsmblr is strong in this thread

>teehee you caught me, I guess that means I have to go out with you!

assmad roasties detected.
Warning
Roastie removal mode activated

>No, it just means you're a liar, and a bad one at that. It means my suspicions about you being dishonest were correct, and as such, I now realize you're not the sort of company I'd like to be keeping anyway. I am no longer interested. Begone, thot.
That being said, straight up prying information out of the person you're stalking is the worst possible way to go about it. You could just as easily find out in five or ten minutes on your quarry's social media accounts.

It's very inconsistent. Just like Harmon's other shows.

You sure sound like one.
Your excuses for not telling someone why you are not interested in dating them is rather infantle, especially result a.

Do you think a woman won't get defensive if you tell her she isn't your type? God forbid you explain why, she'll just dismiss you as being gay or probably an immature virgin.

Women just tend to be more emotionally intelligent. They exploit this.

I'm a girl, and desu I just tell men I have a boyfriend so they don't second guess themselves. Yall think that "not my type" means "unattractive to all women" for some reason. At least if I have a boyfriend, it says nothing about you personally. It's a win win for everyone.

That and last time I did I got followed to my car and called a cunt repeatedly.

>there's an alternate universe where you were born with a fraternal twin of the opposite gender and you both live mentally and socially healthy and financially stable lives while boning each other every night

Must be amazing.

>creepy
Typical

And also for a guy to save face.

>tell sperglord you have a boyfriend
>he pulls out knife/gun and attempts to kill you/himself
Spergs gonna sperg regardless of what you say, idiot.

Yes, and that's why guys do it too.

"I have a boyfriend" = sorry im not available atm
"you arent my type" = you have a flaw and im directly calling it out

Which one is more likely to make a sperg sperg?

Both translate to "You can't have me" to the kind of sperg who'd commit murder over not having a girl, idiot.

>Even the best of them have to contend with the fact that the environment of ancient humans has so many unknowns... and the fact that we have only the barest understanding of brain function

We understand and observe patterns of human behavior, make predictions on how people react to stimuli in the future based on these models, and act accordingly. Just because we don't know exactly what axon is triggered and when doesn't mean we can't have a working model of human behavior, or make reasonable inferences on the reasons these occur.

Basically, it requires you to be able to think a little bit, as there is no "direct" evidence for such things at all. Let me break it down for you:

>females have been weaker than males for millions of years of evolution
>females that failed to keep things that hurt or triggered violence in males were killed by said males, limiting their reproductive success
>females that could manipulate males through lies, and keep themselves alive by using the violence of males, by proxy, had greater chances of survival

I know that because your gender studies professor told you there's no difference between men and women that this is gonna be hard for you to grasp, but it's pretty simple stuff.

Not in my experience. By a magnitude of at least 10 to 1. Maybe you're so insecure that both trigger you, but most men (even spergs) are happy with the easy out without their ego bruised.

>I'm no longer interested
But that's the point.

Good.
No friendzone.

I can't imagine why that guy couldn't get a girlfriend.

>Cyberstalking your crush just to get info and potentially strongarm them into a relationship
That'll be a story to tell the kids. You know, whenever you visit the basement where them and their mom are chained up.

Well, it's not just crushes. It works for debtors, people you want to blackmail, etc.

To most men, when a woman says "I have a boyfriend," we just assume she's a liar, because it's so often used in the way you describe.

If you're asking someone you barely know or don't know at all and they refuse chances are they don't want to be friends either and would only say so out of politeness. Friendzone is just a polite way to decline without hurting the other persons feelings, the actual "you're like a brother to me" is very rare.

Does it matter if it's true or not? It's a clear no either way.

It does matter, because it reflects extremely poorly on your social image if people are under the impression you can't be assed to tell the truth in even the most mundane scenarios.

What you just described in the first half is psychology. Not something we were talking about. We were talking about evolutionary psych.

The retrospective explanation of real science with speculation is often all that makes it into evolutionary psych. I know it's hard for you to imagine that I'm anything but a barista, but I've worked in a genetics lab for four years (and now am about to take my boards after completing my first two med school) when all you know of science is high school level.

>"If I discredit the word that describes me, maybe I'll be more desirable"

On a serious note, where the hell did she disappear to when the purge survivors quickly devolved back into planning another purge?

I think the show should have showed her reaction that scene

But you presumably don't know or don't want to associate with that person anymore. So again why does it matter? Either she's taken or a liar, you either can't or as you keep saying don't want her.

would you fuck morty?

would you fuck you user?

Yeah, great, we're not talking about genetics, we're talking about trying to establish the "why" of behaviors seen typically that are cross-cultural. Like I said, it requires thought. You're never going to see a gene that has "This gene evolved due to the interactions early man had with large mammals that are now extinct" so it requires inference, discussion, and logic.

The rigidity in your thinking makes me wonder if you're good for anything more than a lab tech.

Also, the word "creepy" has no credit in the first place, because it has no actual meaning.

>mfw this entire thread and Sup Forums proves why people lie about being available.

I'm just saying as a general rule that it's bad for everybody when a anyone lies to get out of something that in no way requires it. In this specific case, it also makes the woman look worse to people who know her. I encourage my girl friends to try to be better than the average woman by being as honest and courteous as they can in matters of romance as a general rule. Obviously, if some crackhead is tweaking out and pushing to fuck you in the back alley then lying would be justified.

If it has no meaning then why is it a widely recognized word?

because the alternative is the truth and not feeling like like everyone lies to you because you don't really deserve the truth for whatever reason. Though really it doesn't matter it just means there's no real win scenario like user implied

Ultimately you don't know though and pressing the matter makes you worse off. Telling a girl to prove she has a boyfriend or calling her a liar is going to sink you even if you were right about her lying. You either make an ass out of yourself or walk away, and most girls would prefer you do the latter.

>people have a worse opinion of you if they think you're a liar
>that's the reason people lie

???

have a lot of guys pulled knives?

>Telling a girl to prove she has a boyfriend or calling her a liar

No one has suggested anyone do this.

How do you know they didn't have previous experiences that made them decide that it's better to lie than deal with possible consequence? I agree that it's a shitty thing to do to someone you know but to a stranger it's a harmless lie that doesn't mean anything.

>talking to women
>not just assuming you're disgusting and never trying
normies out

Pretty much this.

Guys, rational as we can be can abuse that power easily into coming off as demanding or controlling of situations where we have no part in imposing.

There really is no need to try to catch someone in a lie when it's a lie meant for self preservation, show boundaries and bad as it sounds, avoid a potentially toxic relationship.

>more emotionally intelligent
You realize it's not exactly hard to seem that way when you basically have a remote control for 50% of the population between your legs, right?

it's an excuse for you to wash yourself of any consequences of your actions.

people don't follow you to a car yelling cunt unless you really fucked with them.

also, can you imagine how insulting it is to be treated like a irresponsible child because a girl is too afraid to tell the truth?

maybe if you weren't the manipulative type who would lie at the drop of a hat to potentially save face or embarrassment people wouldn't call you a cunt.

>How do you know they didn't have previous experiences

Mainly because it's one of the most common traits of women to lie about things big and small, often for no reason at all. Speaking from direct experience, I've known many women from all economic classes, races, creeds, education levels, etc who lie almost as a reflex, and often struggle to deal with how it negatively effects their relationships.

... again, we were talking about evolutionary psych.

If someone just came up and said "This gene evolved due to the interactions early man had with large mammals that are now extinct" without any studies showing gene distribution, fossil records, environmental evidence, or even meta-analysis of other studies to make that point, they'd be laughed at.

The fact that you don't seem to get the need for scientific rigidity/rigor in study formation makes me wonder... actually, no it makes it quite clear that the majority of your "scientific discussion" takes place on Sup Forums.

creepy, adj.
>causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease.

And then the thousands of years of literature from men of all statures across cultures that all have the theme that women are liars

Get your head out your ass, user. Most "science", not just evopsych, is not based on rigid proof, or falsifiability, or even the scientific method! There's a reason most published studies in pretty much every field are false.

Spotted the whiny cunt who follows people to their cars. Yes believe it or not that happens, and you just sperged out for presuming someone lied to you, just like the car retard. You proved the point.

Some people are dicks like that. Then again some women are cunts.
So it evens out. Trust no one. Shut yourself off from the world. go insane from the lonliness.

If it's someone I don't know, I probably wouldn't be pursuing a relationship either way, but that's not the point.

On a personal level, lying to "soften the blow" damages your own image. But in the eyes of a total stranger, someone whose thoughts, combined with other strangers, will create a broad social stereotype based on what they experience, you've just contributed to the stereotype that women will lie to avoid relationships.

Most men can actually deal with rejection. It happens in the office, it happens in competition, and it happens with women. That's life. Some men actually enjoy hearing what their flaws are, and then working to fix them.

But men hate lies, especially lies created to coddle. It's patronizing as hell. It's like saying, "You can't handle the truth." It's as if you're treating them as children, and it's far more likely to result in a grudge, compared to another rejection amongst an ever-growing pile.

this

it's a way to avoid responsibility for any actions on her part.

>"This gene evolved due to the interactions early man had with large mammals that are now extinct" without any studies showing gene distribution, fossil records, environmental evidence, or even meta-analysis of other studies to make that point

Rightarooney, buckroo. Luckily, we're not talking about specific genes, and having a predictive model of the future as an individual (as long as you're willing to change it as new evidence comes in) is better than saying "the scientists haven't told me what to think, so I'll just blunder through one event to the next." No one is suggesting that it be codified in scientific literature based on inference alone.

>creepy, adj.
>>causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease.

What's it like living with autism?

Holy shit, so my critique of evolutionary psych being false/lacking rigor/not falsifiable (that the starting argument with me was over) is something you agree with?

HO BOY

I'm illustrating the options at the point of her telling someone she has a boyfriend. Realistically what are the options in that scenario beyond confrontation or walking away?

He doesn't exists, it's one of many lies we tell others to not hurt their feelings.

it depends on what you did to me, honestly.

but lying to someone by definition makes you a manipulative, selfish, liar, so i'd probably call you that in a calm, monotone voice, once. no need to repeat myself.

Oh... so your argument is just "I feel it to be true, not waiting for the scientists to catch up with me".

So that's why you started this by claiming that evolutionary biology backed you up. Gotcha.

There aren't any, but what does it matter? I'm not saying anything about how people should react to a woman using that line to get out of an interaction (which, in civil society, should be taking her at her word and not pressing the issue), but talking about how women shouldn't do it, because it hurts everyone involved on different levels.

While that may be true, considering the situation, how sorry she seemed about it, and all Morty went through to help her, I'm not sure this is the case.

What's it like wondering if anyone loves you?