/who/ - Doctor Who General

Tea edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYCU2Hk247M
youtube.com/watch?v=apmSGbvma9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for foon!

45 years of observational evidence of regenerations in Doctor Who.
1st regeneration of the Doctor. 1966. Male to male. Gender does not change.
2nd regeneration of the Doctor - forced by the Time Lords. 1969. Male to male. Gender does not change.
The observed regeneration of The Time Lord Abbott K'anpo into the form of the monk Cho-Je. 1974. Male to male. Gender does not change.
3rd regeneration of the Doctor. 1974. Male to male. Gender does not change.
New form of the Master. Actual regeneration not shown. 1976. At the end of his cycle, the Master's form is of a male decaying husk. Survives due to energy released from the Eye of Harmony.
Observed regeneration of Romana. She tries on several different bodies before settling on the firm of the Princess Astra of Atrios. All of the bodies she tries on are female. 1979. Female to female. Gender does not change.
Observed regeneration of the Master, enabled by the power of the Keeper of Traken, the Master possess the body of Tremas of Traken. 1981. Male to male. No gender change, although the Master chose another persons body to steal.
4th regeneration of the Doctor. 1981. Male to male. No gender change
5th regeneration of the Doctor. 1984. Male to male. Gender does not change.
6th regeneration of the Doctor. 1987. Male to male. Gender does not change.
Observed regeneration of the Master, kept alive by his own stubborn will to live. Possess a human body. 1996. Male to male, but again, chooses his new body to steal.
7th regeneration of the Doctor. 1996. Male to male. Gender does not change.
The Time War Happens
8th regeneration of the Doctor. 2013. Male to male. Gender does not change, although the Doctor is told by the Sisterhood of Karn that he could choose his next body and gender change is possible. The Doctor chooses a warrior.
9th regeneration of the Doctor. 2013. Male to male. Gender does not change.
The Master granted a new regeneration cycle by the Time Lords for fighting in the Time War. The Master runs and

hides.
NuWho
10th regeneration of the Doctor. 2005. Male to male. Gender does not change.
Observed regeneration of the Master. 2007. Male to male. Gender does not change.
11th regeneration of the Doctor. 2008. Regeneration averted. Regeneration energy diverted into the Doctor's severed hand to form the human Doctor.
No change.
12th regeneration of the Doctor. Last of his cycle. 2010. Male to male. Gender does not change.
2011 The Doctor mentions the Corsair, who had gender fluid regenerations.
Observed regenerations of the Human/Time Lord hybrid Melody Pond, AKA River Song. 2011. Two regenerations observed. Both female to female. Gender does not change
The Doctor is granted a new regeneration cycle by the Time Lords.
13th regeneration of the Doctor. 1st of his new cycle. 2013. Male to male. Gender does not change.
New form for the Master. Missy. Regeneration not seen. Male to female. Gender changes.
Observed regeneration of the Time Lord General. 2015. Male to female. Gender changes. The General advises her previous regeneration had been her FIRST one as a male.
14th regeneration of the Doctor. 2nd of his new cycle. 2017. Male to female. Gender changes.

Link the past thread dumbass

What's /who/ with you? What Doctor Who media have you recently infosorbed?

Last thread:

Is it true that Peter Davison asked that the writer of Nekromantia never write another Doctor Who story again?

nth for Jodie.

I’ve cut myself off from Doctor Who until series 11

just had a thought about possible fonts 13's titles could use and made this

if we're getting a more 80s sort of vibe like we're speculating then imo the most 80s font I can think of is Kabel - I used the Neue version here because that one has italics

Never listened, what's wrong with it?

second version with a different text position

looks more like a 70s, Pertwee era style font

fair point but it still feels like the same vibe

I finished Big Finish's War Master.

Boy is The Master a dick. He seemed like he's not a dick then blam! he wires people into doomsday machines and almost destroys the universe by giving everyone good ideas.

It's cluttered, noisy, confusedly plotted, unnecessarily edgy with no ramifications and really kinda boring.

That’s really cool

Love the use of the TUaT vortex and the colouring. Definitely want a mint green vortex at some point.

I was inspired to do the green vortex from this picture I found

technically we had a mint green vortex in the Angels Take Manhattan titles but S7A vortexes aren't canon

S7A wasn't canon

>yfw everything after The God Complex and before The Snowmen was all a dream 11 had while sulking on his cloud

stories you forget exist

>Planet of Evil
>Underworld
>Four to Doomsday

v2

OK, it's time for Big Finish to end. This is unsuitable for children and a disgrace to the Doctor Who name.

v3

I prefer the green colour, but otherwise this one is better.

>Full-cast
More like full-length

Dickolas Briggs

*full-mast

nth for THE SUPERIOR JUDY

what could should/will Jodie's logo and vortex be, /who/?

Purple? Green? Orange/gold?

Ink

youtube.com/watch?v=MYCU2Hk247M

>742503▶
>stories you forget exist
For NuWho:

Curse of the Black Spot
Hide
Eaters of Light

Nice but nah. For one thing, the sequence has to be

The sequence is pretty good but the music is fucking GOAT

that's abysmal

I like the way the logo transitions out, with the Hartnell whisps

While I love the Zygon Invasion/Inversion, I hate the Zygons and hope they never appear again

I think it's safe to guess that we might have seen the last of stuff like that for at least Series 11.

The only classic baddies I want back are the Sontarans, done properly, cos we haven't had a full on Sontaran story since 2008, or a great one since the 70s.

Doctor Who is dead.

Here's a radical idea.

How about an entire season with no monsters?

Here's a radical idea.

How about an entire season with no Doctor?

Torchwood is shite

Definitely Sontarans. I also want modernised Axons with a good story. And a branch of Voc/Dum bots, whatever they were called.

No, but seriously. What happened to the Sontarans? They went from genuinely compelling masters of espionage who successfully mounted an invasion of Gallifrey to ineffectual teddy bears.

>______ Who

It's better than SJA.

The Sarah Jane episode was the best Sontaran in years, miles better than Sontaran Stratagem/Poison Sky. The Sontaran Ordeal is pretty good too.

No, just Who. With a question mark.

>Who?

If you include the seasons that aren't CoE then it is, unironically, worse on average

I don't know why, but whenever I run through episode titles in my head, I always forget
>Father's Day
>The Lazarus Experiment
>42

I surprisingly agree. I hate Strax and think that a Sontaran story, if done well, could be GOAT.

Literally.

Night Terrors
Tooth and Claw
Fear Her
The Shakespeare Code
The Lazarus Experiment
Daleks take Manhattan
Evolution of the Daleks
The Lazarus Experiment
Fires of Pompeii

There are a lot of forgettable episodes in the RTD era
Planet of the Ood
Sontaran Stratagem
Poison SKy
Unicorn and the Wasp
Planet of the Dead.

Wow there all a lot of forgettable episodes in the RTD era.

What went wrong?

The BBC decided to reboot Doctor Who

Night Terrors
Tooth and Claw
Fear Her
The Shakespeare Code
The Lazarus Experiment
Daleks take Manhattan
Evolution of the Daleks
The Lazarus Experiment
Fires of Pompeii
Planet of the Ood
Sontaran Stratagem
Poison SKy
Unicorn and the Wasp
Planet of the Dead.

Wow there all a lot of forgettable episodes in the RTD era.

>s8 capal: fuckity bye
>s10 capal: frickety farewell

I forgot about Night Terrors whilst writing up my list therefore it is the most forgettable NuWho episode, case closed

Night Terrors is a Smith era episode.

I know but the majority of my list are RTD epsiodes

And I didn't say it wasn't one, I just said it was the most forgettable

the entire RTD era was forgettable besides the moffat episodes

Why do people hate on the silurian redesign? I mean, on principle its actually a good idea: its easier to be sympathetic to them when they have a more human-like face. If you're going to tell THE EXACT SAME STORY 4 times, you might as well strive to make them more sympathetic each time to enhance the tragedy.

I know what you mean, although I'd say it's more to allow the actors to strut their stuff, but human faces are inherently less interesting.

It's the fact that it's clearly extremely cheap and the only reason they drastically changed the design was to save a bit of the budget. It's not a shot at creating sympathy, it's a cop out. Also, a good writer should be able to make you feel sympathy for a non-humanoid alien anyway.

Nisldo?

youtube.com/watch?v=apmSGbvma9I
was this really necessary?

No, because it's not canon

>'TV shows you've dropped this year' thread on GallifreyBase
>everyone says Doctor Who

>GallifreyBase

>Gallifreybase

>GallifreyBase

S9/S10 soundtrack release date when

Literally early 2018.

>ballifreygase

>meme arrows

Shes weirdly hot. Not the best looking woman, 7/10 but has a nice but weird face structure.

S9 is eraly this year, S10 is still unannounced.

If Who is the doctor's last name, what's his first name?

Doctor

Doctor.

Basil

Le basil funkenstein

Basil

The Moffat era has canonically revealed his name as Dr Basil Bad Penny Who

Chibnall's Cletus Cull is already one of the best things about his tenure

Put your trip back on, CletusCuller.

Where should I start if I want to get into the audio dramas?

Preferably stuff from the new series and I haven't gone back to watch classic Who yet.

The more over the top/badass, the better. Think the end of Human Nature/Family of Blood and other moments when the Doctor just didn't give a fuck. Doesn't have to be about Ten, though.

Start with the Eighth Doctor stuff, I'd say. It's not exactly New Who but it's not classic Who either so it kind of bridges the gap between them.

This isn't what you asked but you'd probably enjoy the Sylvester McCoy era. Start with Remembrance of the Daleks if you watch.

>what should have happened
>Twelve is about to regenerate
>someone who cares about him is in tears watching him die
>Doctor: "I guess... this is it."
>"No, no, you can't go. You can't!"
>Doctor: "Fuckity bye."
>Doctor dies

>Preferably stuff from the new series
The only new series ones are the TDAs, because Tennant is the only NuWho Doctor who's signed up, unless you want to listen to Nicholas Briggs do his shit Eccleston impression for an hour.

Out of the TDAs, I recommend Time Reaver. Classic Doctors, New Monsters, probably Day of the Vashta Nerada.

Master should be compulsory for every fan whether they've watched the classics or not.

epic

Groundbreaking post, user

Don't listen to the audios dude. Most of them are shit except the eighth doctor.
The only reason /who/ talks about them is because Briggs keeps shilling it on here.

Also War Doctor

See and listen to the Hex/Evelyn series

I'll check it out. Thank you.
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out where to find classic Who to watch it.
Good to know. Thank you for the list of recommendations.
I can drop them if I lose interest.