DUDE, CLONING SOMEONES DNA CLONES THEIR MEMORIES AND PERSONALITY AS WELL

>DUDE, CLONING SOMEONES DNA CLONES THEIR MEMORIES AND PERSONALITY AS WELL

>DUDE, I TAKE TV SHOWS TOO SERIOUSLY AND GET OFFENDED BY THEM

They were code right? Why didn't he just rewrite their code if they misbehaved?

It was more enjoyable to break them

He was clearly a shitty coder. Probably should have asked his female employee to teach him instead of stealing her pussy.

I just want to fuck the girl on the right, not read about you autists dissecting a shitty netflix show.

Because hes a beta virgin who likes to make his enemies suffer. A real supreme gentleman

because he enjoyed torturing them and it's why he was the bad guy

Awful episode. Is the rest of season 4 this bad.

How much computing power would you need to extrapolate someone's current memories and consciousness just from their DNA sequence?

Even the endless stuck in video game anime don't get this shit wrong.

Hang the DJ is the absolute worst black mirror episode so far

Hang the dj was the only good episode in season 4

A lot. I think the human brain is said to operate at 1 exaflops (1,000 petaflops). Modern supercomputers are around 10 petaflops

>Yo dude the first episode of the new Black Mirror is fucking whack! You have to see it! Totally shreds Star Wars, bruh

I was curious why you faggots keep talking about this show so I checked the pilot last night... what the fuck was that? Pig fucking? Really? That's the great big social commentary? Muh guberment manipulating the media and a bad actress crying because her husband has to fuck a pig?
WHY DOES ANYONE THINK THIS SHOW IS GOOD?

i thought it was pretty cute

they both mused about the real purpose of "the system", he thought it was a test to see if you would have the guts together to rebel against it, she thought it was a test to see if you could be broken to settle with someone else. turns out they were both right and the fact that they were right 998/100 times meant they were 99.8% compatible. it was a very pleasant surprise, a happy ending in a series that usually thrives on being miserable and tortuous

>enjoyed torturing them
>no rape
???

this is bait but the first episode is easily one of the worst of the entire series and i always plead with people to skip it when trying it out... "50 million merits" is probably the best one of the entire series and it comes right after

>happy ending is a humanization of the execution of a few lines of code
Wew lad, brainlets really are the only people still watching

Metalhead is even worse. Can't bring myself to watch the last one.

bad choice of episode to start with, you should have lurked more

Is Season 3 any good?
I hear 4 is shit but how's 3?

i agree it was a little strange how there never seemed to be any kind of erotic fantasies but i chalked it up to him being a socially weird borderline-asexual prude, or maybe he didn't want to pervert his childhood escapist dreamworld with things he thought were impure.

from a production persepctive, i think the episode was trying to still capture the space-adventure style of star trek and graphic sexual violence would have probably distracted from it.

well shit. what ep should I start with?
also not baiting. I was legitimately confused why people praised it so much.

>DUDE, I HAVEN'T EVEN REALIZED HOW STUPID IT ALL IS AND NOW I FEEL BAD SO I LASH OUT BECAUSE I CAN'T HANDLE MY INABILITY TO PROPERLY ANALYZE A PLOT

how is that possible if DNA does not store memory or consciousness?

it gets better, then turns into shit in third season, which is when Shitflix comissioned it

I personally think it was shit writing.

My order is

The Entire History of You > White Christmas > 15 Million Merits > Be Right Back > National Anthem > White Bear > Waldo Moment

See

finish season 1, eps 2 is good and 3 is very good

>Dude what if videogame characters were real? You'd be, like, totally asshole for abusing them then. So how about, I, like, rip off Westworld. Biting political satire. Blimey.

It'd make more sense if he just drugged them and forced them into the game with that temple connection instead of creating perfect digital clones.

literally any other episode and you can watch them in any order

It'd make more sense if the temple computer thing also saved a copy of their consciousness or something.
And him being CTO allowed him to get a hold of these normally totally not saved files

like i said, "50 million merits" is the second episode and it is miles above the first episode in terms of quality. keep in mind that this series is discontinuous (with the exception of easter eggs here and there, particulately in the latest season). in fact i would go so far as to say that the series premiere might actually be THE WORST episode, i can't think of a single one that's worse. but i think the reason why it's the worst is because of exactly what happened to you - it's about fucking a god damned pig, not really a good way to hook an audience in my opinion. it could have worked as midseason filler but not the premiere.

Why do you guys keep harping on this DNA memories thing? It's sci-fi and does nothing to damage the story.

cool

But it's the crux of the story. A big part of the story is getting real life girl to steal back their DNA

San Junipero is pretty bad too.

The first episode isnt that good. Other other 2 in the first season are pretty kino though

yeah that might be the 2nd worst but the pig fucking one is still way below it

>wrong basic science does not damage a sci-fi story
found the capeshitter

why is her skin the same color of blue as their outfits?

>DUDE I CARE ABOUT REALISM IN SCI-FI SERIES

>i hate it cause it has a happy ending and muh lesbian degeneracy

realism is one thing, getting high school science wrong in a sci-fi show is another

>DUDE I DON'T CARE ABOUT CONSISTENCY IN MY FLICKS

>white girl tells black girl to say with her in San Junipero
>black girl screams at white girl saying that even though she doesn't think there's a heaven, she's willing to take the risk of dying in the hopes of seeing the husband she was married to for 40 years as well as their daughter who died in her 30s
a few scenes later
>black girl: "forget my rant, I'm gonna stay in San Junipero forever listening to 'Ooh Heaven is a Place on Earth' on the tape deck of the convertible with you"

>da only things i see wrong wit da episode is da happy ending and da lezbos

It was pretty ridiculous, especially because they obviously intended there to be an undertone of "this is actually a bad ending" with the constant allusions to those people that stay there always ending up in that factory where they hurt themselves, ect because they've gotten bored of even the highs of the program, plus they're left as just computer data in a server factory, but they chose not to go all the way with it. Of course they obviously should have chosen for her to just die on earth as planned for good reason.

san junipero is the 2nd worst episode but the pig-fucking one is just awful all around. it's only the 2nd worst in the sense of "it's the worst of all the good ones"

???She changed her mind and decided to be happy instead of letting her past continue to haunt her. This was her whole arc with the way she refused to let herself get attached to anyone and was just jumping from one fling to the next.

Just turn off your brain and enjoy it

Wrong. It's not about letting her past continue to haunt her. She MISSES her past. She wants to roll the dice and maybe see her husband and daughter again. Then she does a complete 180 just to hang out in San Junipero and go to night clubs and drive around.

maybe he had brainscans too, who cares its a good story

...and their appearance

You think that guys stupid? Buddy, all that torture amounts to nothing. The real life the have no contact with them so how are they going to change their behaviour.
We have no idea how long it was happening but his life didn't get any better.
If that fat fuck had put half of the effort into his real life as he did creating a fantasy world he would have a more fulfilling life. Daly is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, he enjoys being a "victim".

>what is character development within a story arc

Fuck blue girl; marry main girl; kill black

WOT IF WE KILL ALL FAGS FROM Sup Forums WOULD INNIT BE A GREAT EPS?

Why he didnt just shut down the internet cable?

What the fuck is wrong with you retards? You must have some sense of what is actually thought-provoking and what is just head-scratching garbage if you're always making threads dedicated to trivializing the themes of these episodes. OBVIOUSLY, you fucking idiots, the ideas that this show regurgitates IS GOING TO BE ENTRY-LEVEL PHILOSOPHICAL BULLSHIT if they want people to view it. Do you honestly think the common media-consumer is going to look at a show that splayed more profound shit, not understand it, and then say, "Ooooh wow, that was so deep and interesting, even though I didn't understand it... I'll watch another episode and tell everyone about it!" No, they won't. The likely outcome is going to be that they feel the show is boring and not worth the 45+ minutes it would take to watch. That's why, OBVIOUSLY, the producers go for simple human ethical/moral dilemmas, Ship of Theseus shit, and, "Whoa, oh my God, technology is taking over our lives! People are so superficial! WHOOOOOOAAAAH!" etc. bullshit. That's why making these threads is so ridiculous: because the fact that you try to criticize the bullshit themes makes no sense since the POINT OF THIS SHOW is to present these general, easily-probed concepts. These threads are such a waste of time, and I wasted energy just typing this shit up for you tards. Fuck off forever.

Is every episode of this show.
>I'm gonna copy ur dna and make u suffer

lmao

Remember the episode where they grow a human ginger in a bathtub and gave him a personality from his social media; same principal applies here. As for memories, Meth Damon probably records their conversations in real life and integrates it into their virtual memories.

>DUDE LET'S LEAVE OUR LIVES BEHIND AND EXPLORE THE VIDEO GAME FOREVER

That really is the dumbest thing about it.

>British Cinema

As if it isn't every soyboys ultimate fantasy

in this thought experiment they're not really their lives to lead though, they're just weird memory robots

WOT IF STRA TERK BU' INSAI A CUMPATAH, BU' THEN AN UPDATE MAKES IT GO PUFF. DEEP INNIT?

It's all just meant to make you think about the implications for your own life being a simulation.

>torture ai
>deserve to die
ok

Stay away from my dna asshole

Because they were complex neural networks. Just because they're inside a computer doesn't mean a programmer will understand how their minds work.

epigenetics is basically genetic memory

thi is the best episode of season 4.. thst says it all

>programmer will understand how their minds work.
He absolutely does because he was the one who designed it and coded it. It's like saying Wernher von Braun had no idea how rockets worked

yeah, shit I just realized that makes no sense. how can thoughts and memories be encoded in some DNA?

Can't they cyber-kill themselves in Junipero if they choose?

it isn't of course

>No pussy

Is he retarded?

Epigenetic expression has nothing to do with actual memory retention.

shit wasn't believable to me for the simple fact that there was no raping going on, he would have been raping all of them

>ITT people acting like they understand DNA any more than what they know from watching tv and flicks

Why couldn't DNA imprint memories?

This has to be the ugliest cast of all time. Are they british?

>steals someone's DNA
>get's consciousness and memories of their long lost identical twin

that would have been a twist, huh

The infinite procedural universe he created has an earth planet in it, he matches the DNA he finds with the DNA of a person from the virtual earth.

He's so smart the virtual earth is a 1:1 simulation of ours who gives a shit

He had weird sexual hang ups because he's a fucking aspie

This game was about his attachment to his Star Trek whatever show. Which was all about being of the utmost virtue and decency. No sex going on.
He no doubt had other games where he raped chickens or something to get climax

Well?

He didn't design their minds, idiot. He generated them from their DNA. (somehow)

Even current day deep learning algorithms aren't fully understood by the programmers that "train" them in a sense that they could tell in detail what every single neuron does, or that they could easily go in and surgically change some part of the network to do what the programmer wants. A neural network is not a traditional computer program where every line is written by a human.

When you increase their complexity to that of a human mind, they'll only become even more of a black box.

>have to wait 16 hours for DNA to get digitized
>doesnt have backups

I just realised time travel isnt real. The Terminator therefore had terrible writing. Back to the Future.

Holy shit magic isn't real. JK Rowling is a fucking hack. She just made it up

Why couldn’t he just get their nets from the fact they’ve all plugged into the online game at some point?

Now, I ain't tryin' ta say dis is wat da future gonna be like but...

You know dese lootboxes all them gamers be made about, yeah? Imagine if, like, you had them at work. Kids have em at school. Have em at the store, and on the bus. You could win a box full of prizes anywhere, but you couldn't open the box yet. And you didn't know what was inside it either.

But you could buy the key, anywhere. Out of vending machines on the street corner. See what was inside.

And, maybe, something bad was inside sometimes. Most of the time it was kinda ordinary, like a coupon or a free soda. Sometimes it was really good, like a free car or computer or house. But, sometimes, cause of population getting too big and all... there was a gun inside and it just goes out and shoots you. There. Dead on the spot.

Call it 'The Lottery'. Maybe the keys fund schools and the homeless. I dunno.

Also just realised a lot of movies aren't even real. Actors get paid to say lines on film. Holy fucking shit. "Stories"? It's a conspiracy to spread lies and deceit man.

DUDE IF U TREAT COMPUTER CODE BADLY THAT MEANS U DESERVE TO DIE LOL