Just like any man.

I'm the sailor.

Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade

jesus, wrong file
take this instead

The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five
But I am still alive...

woah that's crazy, never noticed that before.

The bastards hung me in the spring of 29

I work with my hands

Ok, good to know

no friggin way

So are we all agreed that OTGW was this decade's ATLA? A series that was so good, so clearly and carefully thought out and well executed that it blew everybody away?

I cant wait to marathon this show come october.

I was a sailor...
I was born amongst the tide

I want to kiss Wirt! While holding hands

I can't wait to pressure family into watching it with me.

I sat through A Christmas Story for 20 years straight they can't complain now the shoe's on the other foot.

I work with my hands

I like the theme song better than the main characters. I love it so much

youtube.com/watch?v=WJeeA_O88Zw

Ahhh it's so good

I need to make an annual halloween rewatch of this a thing, its so good

And with the sea I did abide

So was Wirt a little brother to Beatrice, or a love interest?

They seemed like the same age. In fact, Wirt seemed a little older. It was a lot of her telling him what to do just because Beatrice was a bitch and Wirt was too.

Sibling, I guess

>Beatrice was a bitch
Beatrice was pure-hearted and kind.

She grew up with younger brothers and is probably used to treating them a certain way.

Trouble is she's a bird now so her bossy routine doesn't work as well when she's the one who needs help doing everything.

Some people think that a little brother because she seems to be taller than him... But the truth is that like Steven Universe these characters don't have a definite height but relative, and Beatrice to see next to its family seems to be of its same height or even smaller.

Beatrice is for Wirt the same as for Dante, his ideal wife and a force that helps him to be a better person (unintentionally in the case of Beatrice and Wirt).

You might consider them the true OTP of this story (because McHale discredits Sara in an interview, calling her a high school crush and blatantly implying that Wirt does not really know her), and Sara's tapes (additional content written by McHale ) Wirt expresses a strong desire to re-meet Beatrice

"I am a feather that has been separated from his bird"

And he says that he will pray to God so that he may reunite with her.

Like any other work based on the divine comedy, Wirt [Dante] has to be separated from his Beatrice but they will be eventually reunited. (You can see an example of this dynamics in DMC4, Dante Inferno or Umineko No naku koro ni)

If we ever get a sequel I'd love for an 18/19 year old Wirt trying to find his way back to meet her. Maybe you could press a little harder on the horror side and have him come through on a more dangerous rode.

The two bugriding frogs are the two kids.