Take a typically anime trope

>Take a typically anime trope
>Apply/add it to your favorite western cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HgwcI0FOpvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>main girl is going to be late for school
>she runs out the door with toast in her mouth
>main guy is an aloof doofus
>they collide
>main guy gets a handful of titties when they land on each other

>big bouncy tits and loli pantsu everywhere
Cartoon improved 1000%.

I would fucking love a shonen battle tournament arc in something like Adventure Time or Star Vs.

>the laziest, most tired trope in anime, the thing mangaka do when they just give up on having story in their battle shonen and just condense it to fights
>love
You're either an underageb& or severely retarded.

I like the cut of your jib

watch Yu Yu Hakusho and HunterxHunter, you'll change your mind.

>Star Wars but with Mobile Suits
YES

>thing is done a lot because it works
>dismiss it as lazy because you demand novelty for novelty's sake

Hunter x Hunter's tournament isn't even that good, the only decent fight in that arc is Gon vs Hisoka and it doesn't even compare to Gon vs Bomber desu

I'd really like more Western magical girl series. The only two I can think of off the top of my head that play it straight are WITCH and Miraculous.

For some reason, Western 'magical girl' series make the characters spies or secret agents, like Totally Spies, Kim Possible, and Phineas and Ferb. Come to think of it, even if you count secret agent girls, I can't think of a bad Western magical girl show.

>Yu Yu Hakusho tournament
No! Fuck that thing went on forever. It was interesting at first but damn it felt like a dozen Nameks. G Gundam's tournament wasn't that bad but most tournaments can go to hell; Japan is bad with pacing.

You can always use more gratuitous nudity. Hell Ranma's tits are the only thing that got me through that show.

The only thing? I thought that show was hilarious.

Maybe I should rephrase that; Ranma's tits were needed to counter Happosai's stupid repetitive bullshit.

Star Vs + NTR

Well it would be a lot more interesting of a show that's for sure.

>big action scene
>bombastic music kicks in at exactly the right moment

Western cartoons are terrible about this

>Mobile Suits
>Not VFs

Not my favorite but...
>monster girl harem
>scooby doo

>elves are treated as objects for a means to an end instead of living creatures with rights

>Character slips on a banana peel
>Time stops
>"N-Nani?"
>Characters watching it start to discuss
>"He-he-he is going to fall!"
>Brain character adjusts glasses
>"the banana peel is a very slippery part of the banana fruit! Someone probably put it there so he would step on it and get hurt!"

>Bunch of people trapped in a fantasy world
>Travelling with a Tank
>Tomboy driving the tank
>Sig 550
This sounds like my fetish, even if the rest of it sounds like a bad plot for animu bullshittery.

So THAT'S where all the kinky women are.

Western Animation
>Tomboys are the worst girls
>Tsunderes are the best girls
Japanese Animation
>Tomboys are the best girls
>Tsunderes are the worst girls

>Character Y dodges a piano falling into him
>Character X goes "Wuot??
>Character Y acts all smug
>Character X goes from a surprised expression to a smirk
>"Very impressive! But you dodged the piano soo fast... That you didn't even noticed that you jumped to to end of a cliff"
>Character Y looks dowm
>Episode ends

kek

The trope I'd like to see the most is everything has shading/good lighting! I never understood why western animators were too lazy to shade, even during the golden age of animation.

ah man i can't wait for october again.

Recess: Dark Tournament Arc

Oh yeah I love how anime actually has shading and actual lighting and really nice looking backgrounds. Its too rare in western animation.

>flashing tits
>not mooning the guy
Redraw this immediately

why wait?

>Perverted Mentor

>Teaches a class of DC super girls

Yu Yu Hakusho was fucking ruined by that tournament bullshit. Fuck off.

>Harm
>Spider-Man
pppfft already a thing

>moe slice of life
>cute horses doing cute things
It works!

>Side character freaking the fuck out over something happening, and explaining it in full detail.

Not even gonna lie, I'd love to see shit like this in something like adventure time.
>"Finn, the Lich has possessed the princess!"
>"Gasp, the Lich has possessed the princess?"
>"Oh my glob! The Lich has possessed the princess!"
>"But how could the lich possess the princess?"
>speedracer.jpg

Yu Yu Hakusho's tournament was so long it's literally the only thing I can remember from that series.

Sounds like a western Speedwagon or similar character

MLP is basically a magical girl series.

Speedwagon is a good example of it.

That said, you can't beat speed racer for sheer delivery, or in this case, YTP delivery.
youtube.com/watch?v=HgwcI0FOpvY

That thing where something happens and it's like 20 reactions cutting in one after another from everyone present .

The bit where the characters suddenly get hyper detailed as a transition into "serious mode"

Overly detailed internal monologues that , despite their length , don't disrupt the flow of time outside of the monologue

I like these things

>Its a tournament arc
>but with super heroes

I'd read it. Hell, make it into a mini. Would be fun

That was quite the rampage.

>works
Sure, works to get little children who are too lazy to read and just want to see heroes punch each other in the face to buy the issue.

Do you know another thing that "works"? It's when they take a comedy/drama/mystery shonen and force the author to turn it into a battle manga just because those are more popular. Less novelty, more of the same shit, the mangaka's soul is crushed, but it "works".

Just because the fights themselves were good, it doesn't mean the tournament is a good arc type. It's still a lazy and creatively bankrupt move. That's like if in a cape comic, instead of the formula of "crime happens -> hero investigates -> hero fights and apprehends villains" the comic would just be full of people in colorful costumes punching each other in the face. Or in an echi manga instead of coming up with ways to plausibly display fanservice, the author would just have all of the girls be compulsive exhibitionists who would randomly show their tits every 15 minutes. All of that might be fun for an issue, but then you just get sick of it. Like eating cake for breakfast, lunch and supper.

gender swap for no reason

It's funny how the guy was also the hottest girl on the show hands down. But then again, it was drawn by a woman, so it didn't really have any fantastically sized tits or extra-lewd behaviour.

If only we didn't have all this moralfaggotry in the West we could also enjoy tits in kids' shows. But no, American parents would either have their child see a real life murder than a drawn naked woman.

that serious mode thing I'd love to see in western shit. its really hype or funny when done right.

>cop also goes trough the emasculizer just to keep an eye on the prisoner
That's some dedication.

But being turned into a girl isn't even a punishment. You'd have to be a chauvinist prick to think that. I prefer sissification as a form of justice.

More importantly, his fuck buddy is the judge.

yeah its really odd how we glorify violence over what is inherently pleasurable.

Show kids people beating the shit out of each other in cartoons like but god forbid show an almost bare breast. or even just a shapely figure

>it's a torunament arc
>but with superheroes

Um... user...?

was it rape?

>Huge off model over the top reactions to shit.

like in happens in some cartoons, but not enough especially these days.

it had like FIVE tournament arcs. same as Flame of Recca too.

no look closely, she has money sticking out of her blouse side. she seems to be a prostitute.

Ayyy
Great minds think alike.

Countdown Arena.

>You'd have to be a chauvinist prick to think that.
Or you know NOT trannyfuck

>judge and prostitute are same person
>the cop goes through the machine
>everyone's so fucking happy
This is a great comic and what did they actually mean by this?

the guy isn't he's shedding tear in panel 3 and 4.

Star is a girl with magic powers, but that's not even close to what the magical girl genre is. That's like saying Transformers is a giant robot series because it has large robots in it.

It's obviously a magical girl show *parody*.

Do you mean Warhammer?

what if western millennial cartoons but anime is basically the entire premise of Steven Universe, ie the show with the most direct references to evangelion this side of a Gainax joint.

It takes lots of themes and elements from magical girl shows, but it's hardly a parody. Bee and Puppycat is a better parody than Star.

I couldn't see a Western cartoon getting away with the one episode that is just two of the main characters narrating at each other to fill in all the plot holes the writers forgot to show in the actual episodes.

>team full of villians with unique powers, backstories and interactions.

Hiatus x Hiatus?

>Bee and Puppycat
literally who

Isn't that basically the (hated) LOK Remembrances episode?

Gon and Hisoka don't fight in the tournament since Gon wins agains Hanzo, you're thinking about something that wasn't a tournament.

He's thinking of the Battle Tower or whatever its called

nah, that's a recap episode -- summarizing all that has already been seen -- and Western cartoons do that often enough. I'm talking about the episodes in Lain and Ergo Proxy and even fucking Evangelion where the story just STOPS while someone in-story rattles off facts about things that happened off-camera.

Western cartoons do the "are we all on the same page? because shit's gonna get real." Anime does the "we're running out of time so I'm just going to tell you things and you'll have to accept it before we move on."

>opening theme plays during the final battle
>show has multiple OPs plays the first
If only cartoons had OPs

No it would be like if capes were stranded to fight on a planet in some type of "Secret Wars".

I wouldn't mind characters announcing their attacks as they did them.

Not him, but Tournament arcs are a fantastic way of showcasing characters that don't get a lot of love and giving some fan service in having two characters that wouldn't fight otherwise have a match. It's a great way of giving the fans certain things that they wouldn't get otherwise, and can be done just as well as any other type of story arc.

Dragon Ball had some great tournament arcs, and the Chūnin Exam's Tournament in Naruto was a lot of fun and gave us some of the better fights in the series.

It's not remotely a recap episode. Did you actually watch it, or are you just one of those bandwagon haters who didn't even bother?

>That's like if in a cape comic, instead of the formula of "crime happens -> hero investigates -> hero fights and apprehends villains" the comic would just be full of people in colorful costumes punching each other in the face.
So pro-wrestling?
I would read a pro-wrestling comic with meta humans.

I'm pretty sure Warhammer isn't star wars with mobile suits

>Superhero parody Manga/Anime
>Characters yell their attack names before using them.
This bothers the fuck out of me. If you're going to parody something, why bring in conventions from other genres that never pop up in these things?

You don't need an entire arc, though. Teen Titans did it awesomely with a single episode.

Teen Titans did a fantastic job at it, but it did feel a little rushed because it was all compressed into a single episode.
Sure, plenty of shows pad it out way too much, but usually Tournament arcs have more plot stuff going on than just fighting. Just like the episode you just posted does.

I know it's really fucking dumb, but imagine if a show like samurai jack basically did a shot for shot remake if the ending of gurren lagann.
Wouldn't that be weird as hell? No way they would spit on the fanbase like that.

>Star Wars but with Mobile Suits
Isn't that just Gundam?

Honestly the ONLY problem I had with that episode was that we didn't get the follow-up with the girls fighting (especially with Terra being there). Mind you, that's a pretty big problem.

Not even a tournament. Its more of a training arc than anything.

One if many

There almost always great

You really should read a manga, it is much better than anime

It's a complete transformation. Brain included. You'll feel at home in your new body. It would be an actual punishment if they change everything except the brain leaving you a lesbian with body dismorphia.

>these character really don't get enough panel time, should I develop them as characters?
>and these characters wouldn't normally fight, should I write some clever plot twist to make them fight?
>lel, nope, I'll just write a tournament arc like a lazy piece of shit

For some reason I was thinking of the Fire Island Players episode in LoA. Don't know how I fucked that up.
"bandwagon haters" really?

Secondary character sometimes simply aren't important enough to the plot to warrent further development, or their character arc is concluded so it's hard to include them in real arcs as major characters. And Hero vs. Hero stories are always fucking stupid outside of tournament arcs, let's not pretend otherwise user.

Brainlet detected.

What's a jib?