Who's the aphex twin of movies?

who's the aphex twin of movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQdhzQkddCc
youtube.com/watch?v=FODvjYoVEi8
youtube.com/watch?v=ngWTmYqqKxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kubrick

Literally the only living musical genius.

Fuck, you're an idiot.

he looks so much like Boromir

Was it music video kino?

great argument

bjork is still alive, quite a comment to make, even within the electronic genre

good question tho, someone on the fringe but people have heard of, like Harmony Korine or like... NWR?

chris cunningham is the aphex twin of music videos

kevin shields

Chris Cunningham, only the twat never made all the films offered him. daft cunt never jumped to making features, and stuck to twiddling his thumbs making five minute clips with even dafter musicians that mean fuck all. waste of fucking talent.

>bjork
>genius
um no, new album is trash

>Autechre

>me

>Syro
>Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006-2008

artists go in swings and roundabouts senpai

>Sup Forums thread
>it's shit
perfect

to be a genius you have to make music people actually want to listen to

Andy Stott is better and

death grips

Syro is nothing short of a masterpiece in comparison to Bjork's new Arca jerk off session

kys

>confield isnt his favourite album

Windowlicker

>>>/pitchfork/

no
never looked at pitchfork in my life

Aphex Twin is for autists

Literally my favourite music video.

I watch it every couple of months

Fuuuuuck makes me so mad.
All of his videos have a distinctive style and voice yet he decided to get married to some turbo SJW dyke and just film her gay band all the time instead of making sci-fi kino.

He's a pop musician you fucking pleb. Just because he uses terrible synth settings for his melodies doesn't make him a "genius"

this

a bald assertion...

ok

Boards of Canada > Aphex Twin > Autechre

NEED TO FIND ME SOME MOTHAFUCKIN BITCHES NIGGA I'M HORNY AS A MUFUCKA

Where does Johnny Hawk factor into all this?

Stott > Ishikawa > Yamaoka > all

"idm is really technically complex, therefore it is genius"

I'm going to check out these artists and if they suck I'm going to come back here and beat your ass.

His masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=cQdhzQkddCc

Gaspar Noe

It's worth watching Shinya Tsukamoto's films since most of Ishikawa's work was making the soundtracks for them

>A hugely influential with giant cult appeal, but ultimately mainstream unheard of project from the late 90s/ early 2000s with dark futuristic Sci fi tones who's legacy will mostly survive in how it had influenced others.

slightly above average dub techno will never be worth noticing

it's neither dub nor techno

>I got btfo so I'll start spouting nonsense

stott will be completely forgotten in the next 5 years. u mad?

stop being stupid, fool.

>Boards of Canada
My fuckin man

stop worshipping slightly above average dub techno, p4k drone

>I wish those musicians would not allow themselves any repetitions, and would
go faster in developing their ideas or their findings, because I don't
appreciate at all this permanent repetitive language. It is like someone who
is stuttering all the time, and can't get words out of his mouth. I think
musicians should have very concise figures and not rely on this fashionable
psychology. I don't like psychology whatsoever: using music like a drug is
stupid. One shouldn't do that : music is the product of the highest human
intelligence, and of the best senses, the listening senses and of
imagination and intuition. And as soon as it becomes just a means for
ambiance, as we say, environment, or for being used for certain purposes,
then music becomes a whore, and one should not allow that really; one should
not serve any existing demands or in particular not commercial values. That
would be terrible: that is selling out the music.

>I heard the piece Aphex Twin of Richard James carefully: I think it would be
very helpful if he listens to my work Song Of The Youth, which is electronic
music, and a young boy's voice singing with himself. Because he would then
immediately stop with all these post-African repetitions, and he would look
for changing tempi and changing rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat
any rhythm if it were varied to some extent and if it did not have a
direction in its sequence of variations.
BTFO

learn to greentext retard

fuck off stockhausen

drug-addled electronic "musicians" will literally never recover
how can one man be so based?

it's neither dub nor techno, i don't know what p4k is, stop replying to me or you'll face consequences.

everybody ITT kill yourselves

I'M GONNA FUCKING DO IT
I'VE GOT THE OXYGEN TANK RIGHT BESIDE ME

SAY GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

>repetition is bad
t. brainlet

lmao good job getting all these cucks to reply

haha epic eked! epic troll!

>I don't get syro

Bro I haven't heard a melodic Rythmn in music like that forever, and I'm not even warm to his other stuff.

Op is talking about some film maker that has leaped his relevancy into cult iconic Figure. He's just dedicated to the craft of analogs like some one might be wth recording on film. hes also legendary for sticking to his madness and virtually dedicated to derive ideas endlessly and great enough to bring it to some pop standard. Plus I remember his interview he allegedly didn't do, where he gushes on taking LSD and stuff and now being a family man. Dude is a rock solid taste maker my man.

But to get back on topic I gotta agree with the Kubrick comparison

lynch

The Tuss is some of the greatest musical arrangement known to mankind.

how is aphex twin a pop musician? I know you are trying to some ultra edgy Sup Forums core but just get a grip. The average joe shmo has no idea who he is, even most people with an interest in music wouldn't listen to him. Stop being a cunt.

t. nigger

BASED
t. negroid brain

aphex twin is literally autechre for people with double digit iq

Why does he get so much credit when the only actual music he writes is with Puscifer, which only a small percentage of MJK fans actually likes?

>Literally the only living musical genius.

You watch yer mouth m8

>it can't be pop music unless it's famous
Popular --> Popularis --> Common/of the people

imagine being this uncultured

Why do you retards think he's by far the most popular electronic musician that ever lived? Autechre, Boards Of Canada, etc. don't even come close even though they have been as prolific and experimental as ole Rick. It's because he writes catchy pop melodies. He's the beatles of electronic music, a style that should be the opposite of catchy

>"I keep forgetting that most people are totally friggin’ oblivious to how they are being programmed and controlled from birth upwards from your name, being a ‘citizen’, which basically enters you into a contract, it goes on from there."

>"Recently, when some journos were saying, ‘So you actually believe 9/11 was an inside job?’ attempting to paint picture of me bein’ a crackpot, I was totally shocked – they were intelligent people but still they didn’t get it … I’m really, really sorry to all folks who might be reading this but if you believe the ridiculous story that is being peddled about 9/11 from the mainstream media then you are absolutely gullible … Not believing the mainstream media is very hard for some folk who have put their trust and faith in the state and press, breaking that faith will not be an easy process for many."

>"9/11 was just the tip of the iceberg … but how do you break this stranglehold on humanity? You have to start somewhere to break the illusion and 9/11 is a pretty big weak point in the illusion, but still so many are fooled."

Is RDJ /ourguy/?

>ENO
>Those early Roxy Music albums
I love this man

youtube.com/watch?v=FODvjYoVEi8

>He's the beatles of electronic music
Yeah, he's overrated as fuck bland music for plebeians.

>Because he would then
>immediately stop with all these post-African repetitions, and he would look
>for changing tempi and changing rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat
>any rhythm

Yeah but you can't dance to that, you can barely dance to Aphex lol

Aphex needs to make money somehow ffs. You can't make a million from purely experimental shit.

Reminder that Avril 14th is his best song.

Well yeah, that's what I said you fucking moron

the opening tracks of syro are nothing short of genius

Lynch or Cronenberg.

Kubrick is the pink floyd of movies.

>the beatles of electronic music
The fact that so many books still name Aphex Twin as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" electronic artist ever only tells you how far electronic music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Electronic music critics are still blinded by commercial success. Aphex Twin sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore he must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Electronic music critics are often totally ignorant of the electronic music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that RDJ did anything worthy of being saved.

>Why do you retards think he's by far the most popular electronic musician that ever lived?

Possibly Deadmau5, not even meme'n either. Everyone knows who he is because of the stupid fucking hat, even people not into electronic music. He's a good businessman.

He also crosses the barrier where he sometimes appeals to the Aphex crowd with the odd track, but yet has absolute pleb tier shit that the normies love. That's how you make money.

I thought this was a joke. Somehow i doubt richard thinks the jews did it.

To be fair, there is no living musical genius.

the harmonic and melodic content of richard's music is way more complex than autechre's
you would know this had you any training in musical theory

Kanye

Richard is only rehashing shit done centuries ago but with wacky synths while Autechre is following the logical evolution of electronic music and taking cues from artists as diverse and important as Xenakis, Stockhausen, Russolo, Jikken Kōbō, Riley and Feldman.

richard's wacky time signatures are babby-tier compared to autechre's style of aleatoricism.

brainlet detected

lol...
the complexity to autechre is merely perfunctory. they've never ever written functional harmony as compelling as those of syro; they couldn't write melodies like those of SAW in a million years
If you're one to be impressed with the implementation of convoluted Max patches and rasterized interpretations to contemporary classical music tropes, then yeah, stick to Autechre

Yeah totally not true david guetta deserves greatest or most significant electronic artist fucking retard

No one listens to RDJ for "wacky time signatures", his melodies, sequencing and ideas on track progression are the best there is, listen to Drukqs and tell me I'm wrong, every long drill'n'bass track on there feels like it as a narrative, a dark twisted one at that, but tracks like Taking Control, 54 Cymru Beats and boxenergyremix just sound so good to me it's unreal, dude is from another planet.

WATMM-tier babies who still need melody to enjoy music.
how does it feel to be stuck in the XIX century?

Sup Forums autists are the type of retards to think tarkovsky/lynch/fassbinder/godard are the masters of cinema

i'd say cronenberg

Didn't see that coming. Definitely /ourguy/, not necessarily because of the 9/11 stuff, but the general mistrust of the media and the state

Posting (relatively) new afx
youtube.com/watch?v=ngWTmYqqKxE

COLONISEDkino