Dreamworks own Masters of the Universe now

>Dreamworks own Masters of the Universe now
>Show revivals are everywhere and planned (Samurai Jack, Young Justice, Zim, Hey Arnold, even Oban Star Racers is being seriously considered)
>Dreamworks successfully rebooted Voltron for a new audience with Netflix

Is Season 3 actually possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQioKDa-a9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hgTZnPRSeLA
youtube.com/watch?v=OIHdntVTLEw
youtube.com/watch?v=XqI-Q2tBofc
youtube.com/watch?v=baW0uAY-j04
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More likely another reboot at this point.

I honestly feel like that ship has sailed.

I would be all for a new He-Man cartoon, but I don't want them to pick up where the old show left off.

Huh, looks like Dreamworks did do a He-Man reboot.
Thoughts Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=qQioKDa-a9Q

It's a Failmation related crap. Nothing to fo with the 2002's MOTU epicness.

Dreamworks doesn't own Masters of the Universe, only the part that has to do with Filmation cartoon. Mattel is the owner. And without their permission, nothing MOTU related can be produced. And for answering the question no Season 3 cannot be done, since Mattel ended the 2002 action figure line 12 years ago. The only thing that they can do is reboot. But i can't see it happening soon. Unless Mattel could find an agreement with WB who owns Thundercats to create a He-Man/Thundercats shared animated Universe. This could generate enough hype for both franchises.

>The only thing that they can do is reboot. But i can't see it happening soon.

the live action movie is happening. I'm sure mattel would at least make some kind of cash grab to capitalize on that fact

The live action movie's handled by Sony (Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe, Aunt May spy movie, Emoji Movie) and it'd probably stink

For the live action movie i will believe it when i will see it. It's almost a decade that they are trying to make it, so i don't have much hope anymore. And the release date it's probably a trick from Sony, since after few days from this date, the licence turns back to Mattel. Also Mattel doesn't produce MOTU figures anymore, since they gave up everything to a smaller company, Super 7.

2002 He-Man was fucking good the nostalgia fags who shit talk it can go fuck themselves

2002 He-Man's so old there are now nostalgia fags for it

Almost the same amount of time has passed from the reboot to now that had passed from the original show to the reboot.

People like you who fail to recognize the importance of Filmation kind of piss me off. The work they did given the realities of the animation industry at the time was brilliant

Damn
Didn't John K say everyone was miserable there?

I'm not talking about Filmation's importance. I' m talking about the quality of the 80's MOTU cartoon which is poor especially in comparison to the reboot. If you want to shill about Filmation fine, but this thread is about the 2002 animated series. So if you want make a thread about your favorite company you are free to do it, but leave this one for the 2002's MOTU fans.

How would you handle a He-Man reboot that wasn't a 2002 carbon copy?

He-Man/Thundercats shared Universe. Introduce the worlds of Eternia and Thundera and then crossover them. Much like the recent comic book crossover did.

Even if everything you typed wasn't already worthless, it would have been rendered null by your retarded usage of "shill".

Ok continue to be a delusional nostalgic. I' m not going to bother further with you.

It would be the first show not dictated by a toy line. That would free up all kinds of story possibilities.

Which can later spin in SilverHawks

As long as Mattel owns MOTU this is difficult to happen.

I bet you do bother.
watch.
The writing in the 80s show had plenty of subtle story telling, character and world building they had to achieve with such limited resources far outshines the 2002 shows DBZ fights.

The time has come for a girl he-man.

Exactly. For this reason i hope that Mattel finds an agreement with WB, because they own Thundercats and Silverhawks. Besides it's something that can happen. Mattel has a long time partnership with WB, and DC pubblished the MOTU for the last 6 years. So there is the possibility to work on a He-Man/Thundercats/Silverhawks Universe.

You mean, like She-ra, princess of power?

Like MCU Spider-Man, a second reboot would have a hard time distinguishing itself, so it would be forced to do things differently.

Just continuing the 2k2 series would be best.

How come TMNT 2k3 got several seasons and a movie but this didn't?

What chAracter depth He-Man had in the Filmation cartoon? Are you kidding yourself. Just get out the nostalgia sunglasses. The 2002 MOTU was the one that build the MOTU mythos properly. That give depth to the characters. That turn the villains from the Filmation clowns to actual threats. That had a transformation that make sense. That continuity. That gave an explanation to everything from He-Man's transformation to Etrenia's deep past. Filmation had good characters had? Plundor the pink bunny?

That happened back in the 80's
Her name was She-Ra

He-Man 2002 had low toy sales while TMNT 2003 was pretty much one of the few things 4kids had at the time
I thought you said you weren't going further with him?

Make an animated series with a similar premise to the Dolph Lundgren He-Man. He-Man and a few allies get stuck on regular old earth along with Skeletor and an ever increasing roster of villains. There's a one-way portal or something. The first arc or episode would probably focus on the heroes trying to get home, getting an opportunity, but realizing if they did that they'd doom the Earth to Skeletor's rule, so they remain here to fight him, losing their one opportunity to get back home. Throw in a normal earth sidekick because.

I apologize, you are right. This was my last answer.

Somehow I don't think you even CAN bring back He-Man. It was a product of the times.

And the various memes and gay jokes have turned it into a laughingstock.

No please not Earth again. Everytime He-Man got out of Eternia was a disaster. Keep it to the Fantasy set up of Eternia at least for the beginning.

It got to the point where they just accepted that He-Man's a joke
youtube.com/watch?v=hgTZnPRSeLA
I think Robot Chicken helped sealed the deal for Skeletor's case

"He-Man is gay lol" is entirely due to his pageboy haircut and pink shirt

Just change both

Nigga it's also the mannerisms the original character had
A simple wink looked incredibly homoerotic

And the manly hugs.

Just let MOTU return to its barbarian roots. Just let He-Man take heads and names, like he was doing in the first mini comics and comics.

>take heads

Do Conan on Netflix for that.

>take heads
wait what?

He-Man back in the mini comics and first comics he was not much different from Conan. In fact he was a tribal barbarian and abventure seeker.

It was just a way to say how different He-Man was at his beginnings. He-Man in the mini comics killed monsters, and he was tellling at Skeletor that "his axe was going to drink from his blood".

Son of Zorn apparently got really good ratings until the last few episodes of the season collapsed.

I think that making He-Man now would be a mistake, not because of its marketability but because of how shitty the state of fantasy design currently is. Everything done in fantasy these days is in that obnoxious video game aesthetic where big chunks of metal are strapped on everywhere and there's like 400 different textures and embellishments vying for attention on the costume.

It's like how video game tacticool segmented body armor ruined superhero costume design in movies.

He-Man am gay lol was a meme even back in the 80s yet the 2002 show did just fine beating that.

A new show would need to play up the Frazetta meets Kirby aesthetic more than the 2002 show. Everything was piss hued in that show. Make the sky be a swirl of purples and greens again. Have the landscape be a fever dream again. And for god's sake don't get Cam Clarke. He's great in other things but he does not have the strong voice He-Man should have.
His I HAVE THE POWER was sad.

>And for god's sake don't get Cam Clarke. He's great in other things but he does not have the strong voice He-Man should have.
>His I HAVE THE POWER was sad.

Also, as great as Cam is, hiring him really didn't help with the gay accusations, since...yeah...

I just wish they'd stop fucking around with He-Man's design. What did he even need pants for in the comic?

What this second guy said. If I wanted to read that, there are perfectly good Conan comics on the market, and some of them are even brand new!

He-Man needs *some* level of camp and/or humor if they stick to the Silver-Age like mythos of having Adam be a teeanger who turns into the most powerful man in the universe in order to fight a cackling mad skull warlock. The stakes can be raised and Skeletor and his goons can be a threat as time goes on, but this is what helped stand the series on it's own. And honestly, there may not be *many* sci-fantasy series like MotU that combines several genres, but there are *too fucking many* reboots and adaptations that fuck up the source material or make it so grimdark and un-fun that it's just a waste of time an money.

He-Man wore pants long before today's comics. New Adventures for example.

Yeah that trend of over designing things is annoying. No appreciation for a simple clean design anymore it seems. What they feel that level of visual clutter brings is a mystery to me.

He-Man is a warrior with a sword and axe. Camp or not, it's retarded to believe that he wouldn't use them in a battlefield. And in fact he used them since 1982.

Those looked slightly less retarded because they were simple, actual pants instead of trying to force pants into an already busy design.

Frankly this is nitpick as hell. Pants are pants. You said that He-Man didn't wear pants before, and i proved you otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=OIHdntVTLEw

youtube.com/watch?v=XqI-Q2tBofc
youtube.com/watch?v=baW0uAY-j04

That doesn't mean he has to decapitate Beastman or shove a blade down Trap-Jaw's gullet. Have him cut a monster in half or decimate robot goons with some sword swings, or hell, have some actual sword-fighting with Skeletor. That's all one thing, but again. If I want to read something where a guy is just massacring dudes, hacking them limb from limb, I will go read Conan.

I believe that you are just taking to extreme. But my point was that He-Man did use his sword and his axe in his beginnings. In the first mini comics by Alcala and Texeira, he killed the Glorm, demons, he killed Geldor's goons, gnolls, trolls. In the 87's movie he virtually killed Skeletor when he threw him to the botomless pit (only to find out afte the end credits that he was still alive). So it's not something new. He-Man is a warrior. In a battle there will be times that he will be forced to fight with his sword and axe.

Who has the new encyclopedia, I want it bad

Reboot

I always wanted a gag where Skeletor climbs out of a pit and is like

>"What? The walls were -really- steep!"

>Season 3
It will be a reboot, no continuation.
200X failed and they wont continue a series that bombed so heavy.
Guess if the reboot it, it will be a mix between Fiomation, which suits dreamwork, and 200X.

She-Ra was very popular. Guess she is the real good feminist animation.
Or not, she isnt real feministic, but equality, what feminism should be.

>The live action movie's handled by Sony

Oh great, how will they fuck this one up? Adora transformers into He-Man? Adam in an open relationship with Fisto?

>How would you handle a He-Man reboot that wasn't a 2002 carbon copy?
Overall I have two ideas in mind(heck maybe we could pull an early 90's Sonic and do both, maybe send one to Netflix and one to Cartoon Network);

A more comedic 11 minute series that plays up the sillier aspects of the franchise without being disrespectful of it(cause let's face it, even at it's most serious MOTU is still pretty damn goofy), style wise I'm thinking would be heavily influenced by the original 80's toys in proportions

A more serious* 22 minute series heavily inspired in both style and tone by the Mini-Comics from the 80's

*albeit with some whimsy still left in

Agreed

You fucking slow user?

The 200X failed because the action figure line failed, not because of the animated series. Mattel messed up the whole market with unnecessary He-Man and Skeletor variants, and that brought the failure. The animated series itself was well received. An episode, the Power of Grayskull, was nominated for an award. But if a new series comes out will not be anything like Filmation. This cartoon aged really bad, and run its course, and Mattel probably will want that a Masters of the Universe media will appeal not to a couple of thousands remaining nostalgic fans, but to a much bigger audience or readership. So it will be its own thing. As was posted previously MOTU as a world is basically Frazetta meets Kirby, but this Fantasy genre is not very popular anymore, and Mattel knows that. So it's hard to see them investing money and time to someting which probably will turn to be another failure. There is a reason of why Mattel continues to produce Max Steel's products from action figures to a recently releashed live action movie. Mattel knows that the money nowdays are on superheroes with full body armors or costumes, not Fantasy based warriors in loincloths.

>turning Skeletor into a edgy villain just because he has a skull for a face

I agree. I had a romp watching it with a couple of friends, and I was actually surprised how inoffensive it was. It was doing everything right, and the stories were not that bad for a kid. I remember watching them back to back with He-Man. It was not offensive feminist cartoon. It was actually good because veryone was a character. Did not have the dumb male protags undermining female protags. Or female villains outdoing male protags. Everyone was pretty much just a character regardless of their sex. Which what today's feminism lacks when trying to appeal to both man and women. To bad the toys were more like dolls, than action figures.

Don't be delusional, this is not going to work. The 80's are over. The same formula that worked 35 years ago, will not work again. Nostalgia can't cover up something that it's crap. Or do something good with substance and depth like the 2002 series did, or don't do nothing, and leave it to die.

Skeletor was a kock off to Howard's Thulsa Doom user. Know your stuff first.

Besides that Mattel really fucked up with thew toys,
200X was too edgy, thats why it failed.
Fantasy and science mix is and was still popular.
Even Filmation got 4 awards.
But you are right that super heroes are in the spotlight producing a big shadow.
But He-Man isnt that far away from capes. But the problem is that they cant shit out crap without a soul.
Thats why in my opinion Filmation aged really well. It has a soul and dont try to be too serious but rather cheesy.
i only wrote "200X" failed hard"to trigger you, because you autistical hate Filmation, rather than see what it stands for and what they wanted. :P
Guess you got owned by Filmation hardcore fans

Yeah, it was more like a captain planet way of teaching rights and wrongs.
I even think sometimes it was "thats bad, but happened because" or "he did it wrong but you didnt right neither"
I wish some get the equality than feminist approach.

FAILmation fags are delusional like you. This is not a contest you brainless idiot. Actually idiots like you hold the franchise back. And you like ir or not the 2002 animated series was better. Filmation's days are over long time. The old cartoon not only aged badly, but is only subject of jokes outside to some nostalgic fossils like you, and Mattel knows that, for this reason they don't give a shit about MOTU anymore. Now go and watch again your favorite episodes about pink bunnies and a couple of clowns.

>filmation aged well

No it hasn't. And I grew up with the original versions. They have aged like shit. Now go shill filmation somewhere else you delusional cock sucker.

t. edgy manchild

Rainbow cock sucker.

reminder that He-man was considered the most violent cartoon of all times when it first aired, and was seen as such for quite a while.

dam, I thought it was a twink he-man from the thumbnail
still good tho

Only if they keep his iconic original look.

>Oh great, how will they fuck this one up? Adora transformers into He-Man? Adam in an open relationship with Fisto?
Even better. They wanted a crossover with Barbie.

For starters, it would just be "Masters of the Universe." He-Man's name dropped from the title because for the majority of the first season, he wouldn't even exist. It's more team focused, with Man-At-Arms leading a team of Mekaneck, Ram-Man, Lizard Man and one of the PoP girls for diversity. Maybe Frosta. Adam and Teela tag along in the same capacity as the Thunderkittens, younger trainees.

The show would begin with a premise similar the Lundgren movie. Gwildor (or Orko, if you prefer) arrives on Eternia via his Cosmic Key, he came here randomly to evade pursuit be the Evil Horde, who see it as a tool to allow them to expand their galactic empire at a more rapid pace. He is pursued by Force Captain Keldor. Upon his arrival, he learns of Castle Greyskull's powers and opts to conquer it and use it to usurp control of the Horde. His brush with its power turns him into Skeletor. Adam finally becomes He-Man in the season one finale to defeat Skeletor.

Season 2 is Hordak finally catching up to take the Cosmic Key, as well as destroy Eternia because he sees the power of greyskull as a threat and also just for the sake of killing Skeletor in the process for being a traitor.

>Aunt May spy movie

wat

>Failmation
It was badly animated schlock engineered only to peddle plastic to mucus nosed kids, but it was my badly animated schlock.
Not to mention the EXTREME ANIME-esque reboot you mention would not exist without it. Please show some respect, junior.

Without Mattel's toyline wouldn't exist the Failmation crap in the first place, "not muh" faggot.

No shit, retard. I'm actually old enough to actually remember actually owning and playing with the toys, kiddo. My nostalgia for the mythos isn't second-hand like yours is.

Ok grandpa. You own the franchise. Now get lost back to your nostalgia driven shithole.

I like the 200x stuff. I just don't like whiny faggots that don't like or won't give a chance to anything that was created before they were born. It's a shitty attitude to have about things and I wish you kids would do better.

Filmation run its corse. Its days have long passed. The animation, the storylines, have evolved since then. Appart from childhood nostalgia there is not much to say. All things are moving forward. Deal with it and move on too.

>implying that the 200x stuff hasn't run it's course
It's 15 years old, faggot.
And stop pretending like you can appreciate the motu at all in any capacity. That cartoon wasn't even made for you. It was made for the kids that watched the original. Go back to appreciating the japanese collector fad cartoons you little faggots watched and leave my 20 minute toy commercials alone.

this, literally no one remembers the 2002 show
meawhile the original is like Adam West's Batman, its campyness makes it way more memorable in pop culture

Better not be remembered at all, instead of being remembered for being only as a joke and meme material. There have been almost forgotten shows at the same period with the Filmation shit, like Thundarr which were much better than that. Remember something doesn't make it necessarily good.

>literally no one remembered the 2002 show
The people who watched it because they were He-Man fans are really the only ones. That and the kids that had their older brothers watch it and they would tag along (op).

You know it's a nice motu cartoon discussion thread when the op tries to alienate literally 95% of the motu fanbase from the discussion.
You really should just be discussing digimon and leave the masters of the universe stuff alone.

My dear Filmation shill. The OP make a specific thread about the possibilities that the 2002 MOTU animated series could have a 3rd season. So between us you are the one that continues to bring Filmation on board. So between us you are the one that you should get lost. If you consider yourself 95% of an entire fandom, then you should make a thread about the Filmation cartoon, and walk out of here, leaving the 2002 MOTU thread to those who want to discuss about it.

you are just like the people that hate Transformers G1 just because other people like it

Really why don't you just make a Filmation thread, and leave this alone? Why are you forcing it to a thread, which doesn't deal with it?

>My dear Filmation shill
Jesus cringing christ.
And you're fucking stupid if you think I'm gonna leave this thread to a couple of yugioh mongoloids. I gotta make sure you mouthbreathers aren't appreciating things wrong.

You are not leaving this thread, because you don't have the guts to do a Filmation thread. Do it. I promise that i will not be involved at all. But you know already in what direction the Filmation thread is going to turn about, so for this reason you are not doing it.