Why can't anyone at Marvel write Jean without using Phoenix or the Scott/Logan love triangle?

Why can't anyone at Marvel write Jean without using Phoenix or the Scott/Logan love triangle?

Why isn't anyone there willing to write Jean as a new character?

Because no one actually cares about Jean Grey. Just create a new character at that point.

Because otherwise she would be boring as shit.

Jean Grey peaked with the Dark Phoenix story

she's just drama bait and a sick joke

Because that could be interesting.

Jean prostituting herself for money is my fetish.

Ruins was a mistake, user. Everything about Ruins was a sick mistake.

Ruins?

If you don't know what Ruins is, don't find out. Friends don't let friends read Ruins, and even anons who don't know each other don't let each other read Ruins.

I'm reffering to doujins tropes. I want to see her be fucked and used for prostitution.

Attuma tried, and failed.

>without using Phoenix
Dark Phoenix Saga
>Scott/Logan love triangle?
Because a lot related to and were rooting for Wolverine without realizing he came across as a stalker.
Jean is the most powerful psychic on Earth when she's alive, there's so much shit you can do that with just an ounce of imagination but it's always love triangles and muh fenix.

But still, Hopeless is doing okay so far. I want Present!Jean to come back, surprised she hasn't already since that would cause a huge sales boost.

>I want Present!Jean to come back, surprised she hasn't already since that would cause a huge sales boost.

They've held off on bringing her back for so long so it wouldn't interfere with the Scott/Emma couple. That's not an issue anymore, but they may have left it years too late for that sales boost being as big as it could have been.

Also, as with Old Logan, having an alternate version of the character around will hurt the sales boost of the 'real' version returning.

Current writers are incapable of doing anything other than rehashing Claremont's original run.

Because a lot of people have this weird notion that if a character is from a team book then they shouldn't have solo books and giving them a solo book to try and flesh out the character is "forced" for starters. Then you've got the issue that for whatever reason characters with telepathy are either useless or their powerlevel is rapidly shifted to godmode by unimaginative writers. But the biggest issue is that for a good thirty years she had writers who treated her rather blandly most of time coupled with her being the focus of one of the most famous stories in comics so you get the Phoenix obsession. As for the Scott/Logan love triangle, that was the attempt to liven up her character - it's relatable, melodramatic, and morally questionable enough for conflicting opinions but not so much as to reflect negatively on the character. Unfortunately that's all she got as the classic "X-Men character turns evil" plot was given to Maddie Pryor.

>They've held off on bringing her back for so long so it wouldn't interfere with the Scott/Emma couple.

Didn't she give them her blessing? Why would it have to fuck anything up?

Bendis wrote her as a cunt who turned her friend gay.

Scott has a history of leaving whoever he's with when Jean's around, whether she wants him to or not.

writing Jean as anything but the girl in love with Cyclops or Wolverine and possesed by the Phoenix? Are you fucking crazy??? Next you'll ask Nightcrawler to be written as anything but the religious guy, or Kitty as anything but the girl to ship, or Colossus as anything but her stalker.

Don't talk crazy user.

I found Ruins to be hilarious. It's pretty funny, c'mon

Scott has a history of being stalked by Jean and the Phoenix.

No, Jean Grey peaked with Grant Morrison. Best Jean Grey ever. Every other version of "Jean" who isn't Madelyne Pryor can fuck on back to the White Hot Room.

OMG, Ruins wasn't a mistake, it was typical Warren Ellis writing a dark comedy.

Pic is the scene in question.

Nick Fury and Captain America are cannibals in Ruins. So Fury ate Prostitute Jean Grey.