Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eP05iSzpz94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who is he sentry of?

So, real talk, what the fuck is Sentry? His whole thing doesn't make sense

ITS ME, ITS ME, ITS THAT S-N-DOUBLE-TRY

The Void.

A jewish clusterfuck.

Him and banashe still have the blue look.

wasn't it hinted that he was the embodiment of God's wrath against the Egyptions that sent down the plagues?

or he was actually behind the plagues or something?

what the fuck even was that?

Sentry is a separate personality created by a schizo (Robert) who become full evil(Void) and then they split up like Piccolo Daimaoh and Kami Sama. Sentry is depressive and agoraphobic. He feels like a unnatural being and Robert aka Void is just a cynical son of a bitch.

Ignore all Bendis bullshit in Avengers/New Avengers.

isn't Spectre stronger?

they're both basically religious mumbo jumbo characters

So how should they introduce him into the MCU? No
>they shouldn't
With the nature of his powers you could practically do anything with him. In my opinion his most important traits to keep are his friendship with everyone(especially Hulk) and The Void.

Also, this would be perfect for his trailer music.
>youtube.com/watch?v=eP05iSzpz94

I would be pretty easy to reintroduce him in Ultimates under Ewing.

The Spectre is as powerful as God needs him to be

But is ineffective against someone who has no soul/is already dead

I suppose its true for the Radiant as well

No. Sentry is mine. Fuck your mcu shit.

so sentry being able to be effective against soulless and dead beings makes him stronger than Spectre then

but what if the two got in a fight? would Spectre beat Sentry?

The Sentry is powered by bullshit. The only way to beat him is if he goes the right kind of nuts.

The original series was a fucking great little story all on its own. Everything after that is kind of a stupid clusterfuck.

wut

He's powers are whatever he thinks they are. You could only beat/kill him if he's so down on himself he basically wants to lose/die. Imo his powers are bullshit in the most interesting way possible.

i thought god gave him his powers and he's just a better superman?

Ambiguous retcons from a shit writer. Robert is a fucking insane reality warper, that will probably be retconned easily if/when he shows up again. What he believes is reality.

My headcannon is that him and molecue man are out getting pizza while Galactus is in MM's empty room.

>how should they introduce him into the MCU?
Just make Sentry Netflix miniseries and left the ending ambiguous like the comic and that's it. No Sentry cameo and no appearance after the miniseries

If they do him he's going to be in the movies. What would be fucking awesome if the did a "lost" 40s black and white adventure serial like mini series that Fury/Stark/Strange finds with old type effects and everything. It starts to get more "real" and mindfucky as it goes on better effects and Robert becoming more unhinged as The Void approaches.

yeah I believe that was Bendis who did that, basically making him the angel of death

Or rather, the Void was. I think the Sentry side of the whole thing was just a side effect of the potion Bob drank or whatever, the Void was the true power.

It still weirds me out that the conclusion of the Sentry's big story was just for him to beg Thor to murder him, there was no helping him. Kinda bleak.

I think if they do Sentry it will be to build up to Dark Avengers/Siege.

Siege was a fucking awful comic, but it could probably be turned into a decent movie with more competent hands behind it, like what the Russos did with Civil War.

I actually really miss Dark Avengers era Marvel.

Cap was dead, and Spider-Man comics were kind of shit, but it was a fun time otherwise.

I dig it.

Just have it the same way as the comics, he was "there" the whole time. Edit in old scenes with him with CGI. It'd be the biggest mindfuck.

agreed

R.R. Lost Beyonder

I don't understand, why isn't this glorious basterd shoehorned into everything?

Because that would be a good idea and we're talking about Marvel's comic division here.

you do NOT want the current stable of marvel writers touching the sentry

its better this way.

even lemire, who is normally ok, couldn't get the basic x-men powers right. do you think he could have done a good sentry story?