Where did this quality go in the later eps

Stream here.

weebcrew.moe

Wait

Is Jack missing his sword?

>Armor gets torn off in Episode 2 by women
>Gets laid

The signs were there all along

Me too, they were honestly the highlights of my past few weeks...

wow that green horse riding spirit looks important

Ill be sure to keep an eye on this plot thread

>there will never be another cartoon that all of Sup Forums watches live together
>we will never have fun threads quite like the weekly sj threads ever again
Why even fucking live

>What's with the quality drop after Episode 1?

Wow...it's almost like the PILOT EPISODE is designed to be better than the others to snag your attention!

Hmmmm....

>you will never be in that sticky for ep.8 again

>Naked lolis

Gennedy you mad man

Just wait for the Venture Bros threads babe

The fuck are you talking about, tons of shows have subpar pilots

>The "muh first 3 episodes" meme

Would it have been better if we got 5-10 more episodes? Would that have fixed the "problems?"

Did he make the right choice?

Of course he fucking did. AS is saving animation as we know it (along with Netflix).

>no anime tonight
>only overhyped samurai jack reruns

A few more episodes would have

>Gave enough time to make Ashi's change more believable

>Getting Jacks sword more interesting instead of "lol, heres your sword back"

>Actually let Jack and Ashi develop romantic chemistry

>Flesh out the ending so it isnt a compressed mess

Shows that're meant to last a long time, maybe

But shorter shows almost always have a higher budget spent in the earlier episodes

Highlights I came for:
>Trap punching the shit out of a baby
>Scaramouche fight
>Music from Tomb
>Blood imagery
>Snow fight
>Jacks pimp clothes
>Literally kill yourself
>Samoorai
>EVERYBOOOODDDYYY
>Aku realizes he fucked up

What're your highlights Sup Forums?

yes, actually. It didn't need another season but it needed more episodes in the fifth season.

I genuinely believe that a full 20-26 episode season would've made Season 5 the GOAT. You can tell that Genndy wanted to go big in the first 3 episodes, but like a college student bullshiting an essay at the last minute he had an excellent start, ,meh middle, and sub par ending.

Honestly he just probably wanted to shut everyone up and give them their fucking ending as quickly as possible.

>No DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE

What did he mean by this?

I got to that part and instantly regretted not putting it on there

Better tell Aku, babe.

Total thread population after e3: 0

Other favorites:
>Real flesh and blood
>Now go kill!
>Tomb tracking shot
>KILL THE SAMURAI

Out you go.

Reminder that you have to be absolutely retarded to not notice the drop in quality after episode 3 (or 4 if we're being generous).

Episode 4 is on, should I stop watching now?

I'd have settled for 3 more, for a genuine half-season. At least one of those could've gone toward making the finale the 2-parter it needed to be, whilst the others could've expanded on Ashi's transition and Jack recovering his sword.

That said, if we could get a do-over with the same 10-ep limit, there's plenty of ways to cut the fat:
>Opening sequence redundant after ep1
>Flashbacks with Woolies/Archers/SA-MOO-RAI waste precious time showing shit we've already seen
>Finale wastes time showing Jack's allies gathering around TVs when it could've just cold-opened with the original season1-4 opening

There's probably more, but those three together account for 11 minutes worth of screen time that don't move the plot forward in any meaningful way. Might not sound like much either when most of that would be spread over 7 episodes, but then again, the tomb scene (not including the fight) is only a little over 100 seconds long despite feeling like a nailbiting eternity.

Episodes 4-6 weren't bad.

Episode 9 was also good, if you can excuse it being set up

If there's an alternative ending, someone post it here. Otherwise, this is my new headcanon.

fanfiction.net/s/12504007/1/The-Law-of-Conservation-of-Souls

I like the subtle detail of drawing Blossom's arm detached from her body lol

It's a well known fact that scotsmen who survive to old age grow gatling guns in place of their penises.

Jesus. Learn some basic biology.

Let me say this for the millionth time,

>Hope Is Lost
Tag line for the season

Certainly explains the sheer number of daughters

Speaking of the Scotsman, If I had a say on how the season would go, I would've just kept him as an old man throughout the season. Ghosts are neat and all, but I like the whole "badass old warrior" trope or convention or whatever you call it

>alternative ending
Jesus Christ, we have creator gods, time-warping demons, canon valkyries and valhalla, and demon-repelling ghost bagpipes.

Know what?
Jack wanders around until he find the guardians portal in his original timeline. Turns out the image we saw was jack being old in the past.
Beats the guardian, starts a new quest between dimensions and timelines, finds the Ashi from the timeline we saw.

"But... but how? It seems fate has guided us together at last. As though something were watching over us, guiding us... perhaps it is destiny... perhaps it is..."

CELTIC. MAGIC.
Good god lad, took forever an' ah' had to call in a few favors, but we got this mess sorted! Now get to plowin' and sewin'! I got ya' beat on shear number o' daughters so ye' got some ketchin up tah' do!
Mind, if yer' lady there takes after 'er mum you might get on me level' righ' quick!

What's going to play at the end of the final episode in place of the marathon teaser??

What if they replace the DBZ super reruns with Samurai Jack reruns forever.

>Fell asleep and missed half of it

FUCK

Time to draw Jack and Ashi I guess.

Okay, that made me laugh.

>kino
>after that fucking ending

jackfags are hilarious, see you on memorial day nigga

This is great, dude. Did you write this?

I made that image when episode 2 just aired, I didn't know it was going to jump the shark. Anyway, even then it's still better than Steven Universe.

Gurren Lagann

There are more intentional errors than that in that comic.

>Getting Jacks sword more interesting instead of "lol, heres your sword back

That wouldn't fix shit, because the sword was meant as way to move his character development. It disappeared when he lost his way, it came back when he redeemed himself. It's that fucking simple, the fuck did you even want from it?

I agree with the rest in the sense that I would've liked to see Ashi and Jack interact more, but that's only because I simply wanted more episodic episodes before the finale. Otherwise it was fine.