One of the best episodes of the show

One of the best episodes of the show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLhejo6uOMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

certainly one of the funniest

Well, yeah. It has Uncle Grandpa.

I always thought Uncle Grandpa looked stupid so I skipped this episode

Uncle Grandpa is based. One of you fuckers better record the episodes in June. It's nearly impossible to find every episode of the last season.

I remember you fuckers told me to skip this when i first watched the show.

His weird Merry Poppins shtick is weirdly endearing. I'll miss him.

Fuck Pizza Steve, though, good god.

Yeah his design is fucking retarded but his show is funny when it dickslaps the other CN shows constantly
youtube.com/watch?v=SLhejo6uOMs

/sug/ was the part of the SU fandom that liked the episode the most overall

uncle grandpa is an underrated show in general.

i feel like the show would have been less hated in the 90s or early 2000s, before cartoons became so oversaturated with "LOL so Random!!1! xD" humor.

>"too cerebral"
What does Pizza Steve mean?

>"This just in: None of you other guys are getting a pickup next season!"
>UG doesn't get a pickup next season
pottery

The fact that so many people failed to get the joke here amazes me.

I think they knew at the time of making this that they weren't getting a pickup.

What joke?

>When Raven left and Colin returned to design a regular show boarder fresh from the finale joined the show
what if when Zuke leaves a UG boarder takes her place

Doubt it, sugar probably replaced her with a nobody from tumblr, probably a black person or whatever minority she don't have on her team yet.

So, the most well decorated turd?

it means milhouse is not a meme

>the best Steven Universe episode goes to Uncle Grandpa
Top kek

Yeah, but it's also the best Uncle Grandpa episode, which means that the best UG episode is from Steven Universe.

Well, that means the replacement has previous storyboarding experience, which is nice. I could hardly care WHAT show they worked for, as long as they're able to keep up with the pace while maintaining decent quality.

It's poking fun at Spongebob winning every category in animation in Nick's Kid's Choice Awards.

technically the only nobodies from tumblr sugar has hired (Zuke, Amber, Mira W aka Tang) were all hired as storyboard revisionists first

>a good chunk of the UG crew, including one of that specific episode's boarders, Zeus Cervas, were former post-movie spongebob people

>The best episode of the show

ftfy

Uncle Grandpa is honestly better and funnier than this shitshow, and I don't even like UG that much.

is that an animorphs reference?

it single-handedly redeemed amethyst from being worst gem.

too bad canon pearl made Say Uncle pearl lose her best mom points.

Hilary Florido and Kat Morris were both from Regular Show.

You'd be surprised how talented the board artists on the show were, mainly in the earlier seasons, though, BUT STILL.

>"The Grampies" was likely boarded by either Brett Varon or Zeus Cervas
>"Watermelon Gag" (pic related) was boarded by Zeus Cervas
D E E P E S T L O R E
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E

>mainly in the earlier seasons
surprisingly out of the 8 classic boarders from season 1B (Joe, Jeff, Paul, Raven, Lamar, Hellen, Hilary, and Katie) 6 of them were still boarding by the end of season 4 (Joe became a director and was replaced by Colin, who was previously a character designer, Hellen left and was replaced by Zuke, who was previously a storyboard revisionist)

hell once zuke leaves late season 5 we'll still have 5 of those boarders (raven left and colin became lead character designer, being replaced by Madeline and storyboard revisionist Amber Cragg) will still be boarding on the show

I don't even watch tv, but thanks for telling me.

Can someone explain me why do most SUfags hate this episode?

Is it because people still try to think its part of the canon despite the episode itself making it pretty clear that nothing about it is canon?

Is it because the concept of a "Let's poke at ourselves with something stupid" type of episode seems to not process well with modern mentallity?

Is it because they are all weeabos that can only see things through a "Filler / Not Filler" filter?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this ep is particularly amazing, but the inmense pure hatred that I hear the fanbase have about what's basically some harmless shit is incredible. Specially when there are way way waaaaaaay worst SU episodes out there that ARE canon.

It probably is a yes to all of those. I personally love that episode so I couldn't tell.

you know, I fucking loathed that episode at the time. But going back and looking from a larger perspective, I really appreciate them being able to laugh at themselves, and take things a little less seriously. I loved Pearl in that nega-zone "THAT'S NOT MY BABY!".

pfft, I didn't know that. Somehow that just makes it better. It's kind of not a surprise either,
I can totally see the early Spongebob touches on UG

Truly the only episode that's good in SU

It was better than expected but the whole crossover was forced because UG was failing in ratings and the creators are friends.

The Sadie/Lars ship joke was good.

My problem with UG is all the voice acting doesn't seem to fit the character designs for m and Pizza Steve is literally retarded.