Long story short, I have a friend who has never watched Wizards before...

Long story short, I have a friend who has never watched Wizards before. He hates Ralph Bakshi because of his Fritz the Cat and Lord of the Rings movies, but he's never watched those either.

So I encourage him to watch Wizards, right? Next time the topic came up, he gloats, with a smug smirk on his face, how he only watched a little bit of it and hated it and rubbed it in how he hates Ralph Bakshi so he by default hates everything he made and won't ever give his movies a chance. Needless to say, this irritated the everliving shit out of me.

How do you guys deal with opinionated, narrow-minded people like that?

I either stop hanging out with them or avoid that topic of conversation with them, depending on the severity of situation.

Why does he hate Bakshi without even having seen his works, and how the fuck does Ralph Bakshi come up often enough in your social circles for it to be a problem?

This seems like the best possible option.
It sounds like your friend has no intention of changing his ways or opinions or of giving what he doesn't like a chance in this case.

>He hates Ralph Bakshi because of his Fritz the Cat and Lord of the Rings movies

Uh, why?

Ralph Bakshi came up because I was trying to encourage him to watch Wizards, which he is aware of it being a Bakshi movie. That's why.

1) The whole backstory between Crumb and Bakshi offends him.

2) The whole backstory between Peter Jackson and Bakshi offends him.

3) No even joking: his brother told him to hate him so he went along with that too.

Because he thinks his Lord of the Rings is shit and are a disgrace to the trilogy.

Please don't reply for me.

your friend sounds like an idiot

well then the obvious answer is that wizards is an original piece and he should just drop some acid and see how the movie goes for the intended experience.

Bakshi in general seems like a really polarizing topic. In this case and in general I would avoid bringing it up unless the other person does.

I think you're fighting a losing battle here. Just let it go.

What is this and is it good?
I have it saved in my bookmarks and I can only assume I got it from here

Huh? How did I do that? I thought you wanted an explanation?

It sure is something and I believe everyone interested in animation history should see it, but if its good is kind of up in the air. I'd give it a watch if you don't have anything better to do.

I've seen Wizards and Bakshi's LotR, and neither are good.

Bakshi isn't some masterful auteur, he's just a dude who got high and made lewd cartoons with hamhanded messages.

Stop bringing up Bakshi. Problem solved.

I did. He was looking for animated movies to watch and I suggested that.

It kind of makes me wonder what else he hates though...

Wizards is probably the second safest movie Ralph Bakshi ever produced.

I've seen just about every Ralph Bakshi animated film. If your friend doesn't like Fritz the Cat or Lord of the Rings, then don't bother showing your friend anymore.

He'll probably disavow you if you showed him Heavy Traffic, Coonskin, Cool World, or Fire and Ice.

He saw that one R.Crumb documentary where Crumb expressed his dislike for the move and is suddenly a comix conniseuer. He'll grow out of it.

do you like drug trips? if so, then yes, it's good.

You shown 'im Coonskin, yet?