Honest thoughts on Berserk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIoILN_KrhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scared of Sup Forums, chump?

Beserk is okay. Not nearly as good as you Sup Forums tards think

great OST
youtube.com/watch?v=dIoILN_KrhU

I want to see a live action adaptation just to witness the eclipse and the casca rape

Not television & film

>that sword
>live action
no

Griffith did nothing wrong

>Berserk (2016)

Strong ideas, but the manga stretched itself too thin and now I think it's too late for a decent conclusion. Pretty much the same problem my other favorite seinen, Battle Angel has.

i'm not crazy about it

It's pretty good. It's got its flaws, but it's more compelling than it has any right to be

Its no naruto but its ok

Pretty good art and has some great arcs but overall it's only okay. It's been memed into greater relevenace because of all the boat memes and it"s "muh manime". Waste of time to get into though, it will never have a decent conclusion and amybe not even have a conclusion at all considering how slow its being updated

A manga which is about nothing, goes nowhere, the creator stopped caring so he just makes up nonsense to sell books every few months... I can't wait think of a more pointless waste of time.

If you stumbled onto the original anime series without knowing anything about it? Mind fucking blown. An unfinished/ambiguous ending to a goddamn masterpiece. Then on the opposite end of the spectrum, this will definitley wash away those tinted glasses you've been wearing since you first watched it.

What's wrong with Black Swordsman, Conviction, Falcon or Fantasia?

>Not Godhand Forces

Honestly kind of sick of the whole thing because Miura is incapable of getting a competent studio to adapt it and instead we got Berserk 2017.

It’s the move from medieval fantasy realism to high fantasy

As a standalone, the anime might be one of the most ambitious things from a narrative perspective out there. The first episode is a one off of Guts killing an Apostle that is completely disjointed from the rest of the series.

We then spend 19 episodes meeting new characters and learning to like them and all their quicks. Despite its violent nature, the show stays fairly light hearted with comedic relief and the good guys always winning. And then everything goes to shit in the most violent, perverse and disturbing way possible.

I will give credit where credit is due to Miura, The Eclipse is one of the greatest, most emotional scenes in all of fiction. But with a high point like that, the series will never again reach that water mark. IMO he should have ended it with Guts and Casca escaping the Eclipse. Leave it up to the reader to decide what came next because clearly he has no idea how to ever capture that emotion again. IMO, the original anime, with a few tweaks, is the quintessential Berserk experience.

>Leave it up to the reader to decide what came next because clearly he has no idea how to ever capture that emotion again.

What about the Black Swordsman and Conviction arc?

>le edgy Sup Forumseddit comic

Fuck off.

A. Its incredibly plodding. We've spent the majority of the series post-eclipse now and what actual progress has Guts made? He has the Berserk armor and that's it. He's no closer to killing Griffith and hasn't even come close to killing a member of the Godhand. Last I read he still hasn't even fixed Casca yet either (though he is close)

B. Its now a "Monster of Week" manga. Rather than having fights with some genuine emotion and passion in them, we just get page after page after page of Guts tearing through whatever phallic redshirt monster he comes across without any bearing on the actual story.

C. I really don't care for the new characters. Almost every single one is an anime archetype of some sort. And since they have "powers" they now detract from Gut's power (as opposed to earlier in the series where he was a god amongst men). Now so they have a purpose we constantly have Wizard lady saving Guts at every turn.

GO BACK

Slug Baron had a nice story but that was about the extent of it. Nothing really punches you in the gut like the Eclipse. Nor could it, honestly. Which is why I think Miura should have ended it on a high note (in the literary sense) rather than dragging it on. Imagine if The Prestige continued on for 20 minutes after the reveal. That's how I feel. Even if it's good, it still detracts from the work as a whole.

At least to me, there wasn't a lot of emotion left and in it's place we got shock. "Casca's rape was an emotionally disturbing scene for people? Well how many more monster-rape-scares can I throw at the audience so they feel SOMETHING close to emotions through shock?"

don't fucking remind me

You're wrong.
>about nothing, goes nowhere
This is completely wrong.
>the creator stopped caring
Maybe.

>he just makes up nonsense
There is nothing nonsensical about last chapters. It's natural progression and continuation of the main plot.

Evangelion is a bit better

As soon as it turned from horse rape and blood orgies into little loli witch defeating big strong demons with the power of the EARTH and WIND I just knew it will never come back from that and I can't understand anyone who even likes that shit

Good series, not a lot like it out there, basically a good version of Game of Thrones.