Bright

I enjoyed it. Why are "film critics" such cunts?

fuck off max and kill yourself btw

>(((Film critics)))
FTFY

Why

>mfw that "TV spot" for the orc UFC fighter

Orcs are inherently strong, why the fuck don't they just have a league of their own?

They can lift fucking cars. Who wouldn't want to watch pro fighter orcs launching each other across the octagon with super punches? That's an entertainment gold mine.

Deals with the topic of race in a way and within a certain genre that doesn't let them feel like an enlightened intellectual. The fact that the public isn't listening to them and loved it irks them as well, they hate it when what little power they have to influence public discourse is taken away from them.

I'm a film critic.

me too and I liked it alright

a movie can be both enjoyable and bad. but i don't think that's the case with bright. it was neither enjoyable nor good.

I loved it and I wanted more about the Dark Lord and the Inferni. Can't wait for the second one.

The ending felt a little botched and rushed though and there was some bad editing. A lot of the quips went over my head.

All in all, a 7.4

Not brilliant but good enough

>watched it because of the memes
This was a pretty terrible movie. I like the costume design for the orcs. Some of the elves were world of warcraft tier cgi. The plot was predictable. Jakoby and Will Smith wander to one part of town. They have to find someone. A gun fight ensues.
>idpol the movie
For a movie that was so obviously spouting idpol memes, it was a surprisingly pc movie.
>orcs are mexican gangsters
>but there are also just regular Mexican gangsters too
Some of the world didn't make much sense to me.

And the acting was bad. Will Smith seemed like a fish out of water.

Why are critics panning this but praising Jumanji? I'm not a cookie cutter so I haven't gone out of my way to watch any PG13 blockbusters since BvS.

The elves were CGI? They're just humans with rubber ears and contacts, what do they need CGI for?

Other than the one who got turned into a wall.

>All in all, a 7.4

what the fuck

I tried really hard to like this movie. And I did enjoy some parts mostly stemming from the amusement of seeing modern day high fantasy.
But the script has too many issues and inconsistencies, plotholes, characters swinging moods too often and with no discernible purpose, followed by sub par action choreography.
I will still watch the sequel in hopes that it will be better.

I'm interested in seeing more. Some of the acting was bad but there were compelling villains I wanted to learn more about, Jirek the Orc who I wanted to learn more about, and I'd like to see the series move outside of LA and to other locations.

I know it's far from perfect or great or even very good but I would recommend it to other people so they can draw their own opinion. Comfy action scenes, a nice car chase, some elf babes, convincing villains, great costume and set design and a bit of mystery but bad acting, jokes that fall flat, some bad editing here and there and a rushed ending. the good outweighs the bad.

More Like:

Europeans = Elves
Asians = Hobbits
Indians = Goblins
Americans, Brazilians, and Russians = Dwarves
Middle Easterners/Arabs = Trolls
Jews = Sarumon himself
Blacks = Orcs

No one gets humans

>Some of the elves were world of warcraft tier cgi
What the fuck are you talking about?

not a 7.4 or a 7.5?

The critics live and die by the access that movie studios give them.

Netflix creating its own "blockbuster" style franchises is a threat to the studios so they tell the critics to trash the movie.

7.5 to 7.9 would imply that it's above average and throughly enjoyable for the most which unfortunately is not. I cringed a little during scenes so it's on the lower side of 7. it's good enough but still wades in mediocrity.

shhh.Stop using common sense. 1 + 1 = 3!

Niggers and jews

>it was neither enjoyable nor good.
It was enjoyable

5 is average
5.5 to 6.5 is above average (but probably flawed)
7 to 8 is good to very good
8.5 to 9 is excellent
9.5 is near masterpiece
10 is masterpiece

Action was pretty dank, setting was somewhat interesting kind of reminded me of vampire bloodlines on pc. The plot itself was obvious but wasn't too bad. I give a 7/10

First of all they hate max landis because of fake rape accusations

Because they are right and you, a bunch of people on this board, and teems of morons think this mediocre movie is amazing.

I enjoyed it. Mad that the dark lord didnt appear though. Tikka a cute.

Nobody in this thread said it was amazing you fucking doofus

>If you act like my enemy, you become my enemy
what the hell was this even supposed to mean

Can you guys stop coming up with dumb theories. The movie isn't good. That doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed.

But if you enjoyed it that means it's good to you

RUNNING FOR THE
CROWN

I liked some parts but overall thought it got overshadowed by plot issues.
I can see why people like it, but it's also EXTREMELY easy to see why people would think it's shit.

Was anyone else disappointed when they found out it was a movie and not a 12 episode series

I was disappointed when you find out Wills a fucking bright

I know a tv show would look like shit and have lots of shit filler revolving around cuckoldry instead of whatever it is men actually wanna watch

close but no cigar

0 to 0.9: Breaks new ground for terrible
1.0 to 1.9: Awful; not a single redeeming quality
2.0 to 2.9: Seen worse; still really bad
3.0 to 3.9: Definitely below average but a few redeeming aspects
4.0 to 4.9: Just below average; bad outweighs the good by a bit
5.0 to 5.9: Mediocre; not good, not awful
6.0 to 6.9: Has moments but not strong overall
7.0 to 7.4: Not brilliant but good enough
7.5 to 7.9: Above average; enjoyable
8.0 to 8.4: Very good; great
8.5 to 8.9: Exceptional; one of the top ten movies of the year
9.0 to 9.4: Amazing
9.5 to 9.9: Absolutely incredible; spectacular
10: Indispensable, an absolute classic

Bright could be ranked in the 6 range but i liked it enough to put it a low 7

This. It kind of feels like half a movie. Will Smith finding out about the Bright thing is something that should happen about halfway. I could have used a Dark Lord tiny reveal or hint or teaser or something too.

No cause it’s been known it’s a movie since like April?

Enjoying something doesnt stop you from watching it critically and understanding that its shit.

I dont enjoy shit unless it's your mom's food baby on my sheets

The Mouseketeer has to pretend this movie wasn't advertised at comic con alongside his movies

Just watched it again. Held up nicely. I got to say the scene where they walk in to the building Tikka busted up, Will Smith calls in a dangerous magic user warning over the walkie and we see that chick in the wall I about had a raging fantasy boner happening. Edgerton basically carried the film for me, but as a genre fan, it is refreshing to see a genre film that doesn't suck. Looking forward to the sequel and I think I'll get some rewatch mileage from this one.

i took it as a quote from something within their universe. pretty silly thing to complain about anyway
have you ever watched a movie before? he was OBVIOUSLY going to be. you could have bet the farm on it
they did show you the dark lord tikka is the dark lord[/spoilers]
i swear its like this was the first flick some of you have ever seen

Maybe because people like you are retards.

>have you ever watched a movie before? he was OBVIOUSLY going to be. you could have bet the farm on it

Yes, and I was hoping Landis wouldn't do it, but alas. It being so obvious is also part of why it was retarded

they're hacks who don't want to hold a real job

I wonder what a Panahu is

an entire race of Cara Delevingnes

more like
Humans = Middle class whites
Elves = sheltered elitie(which a big part is jews irl but alot are also non jewish white)
Orcs = Underclass in general but with some aspect of blm

There is a myriad of appalling historical baggage that comes with making the black guy “the animalistic one.” Suicide Squad did not have to cast a black actor as Killer Croc — Ron Perlman voiced him in the animated series — but it chose to, and it then chose to make his dearest ambition watching BET music videos, because what else would he want to do?

And by covering Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje in such thick makeup and prosthetics, the film made him unrecognizable, which followed the dubious tradition of covering up actors of color. Almost all the Na’vi in Avatar were played by POC, even though they could have been played by literally anyone, and when Lupita Nyong’o appears in The Black Panther, it will be among the first times she’s actually shown her real face onscreen since winning a fucking Oscar. The one saving grace is that Killer Croc makes it to the end, unlike El Diablo and Slipknot — because God forbid he doesn’t get a final scene of admiring big butts. Jesus fucking Christ.

Am I the only one who wants to fuck Jakoby?

Yes.

Now let's get back to sexy elf women.

not giving it a solid 7.6

>orcs are mexican gangsters
it's ok boy, you are on /tv you can say they are the niggers of the world

>setting was somewhat interesting kind of reminded me of vampire bloodlines
it clearly took a lot from Shadowrun

For a movie about orcs and elves and muh dark lord it was good. Anyone with higher expectations is a retarded snob

I'm looking forward to seeing dwarves in the sequel to not!Shadowrun

I just watched it, it was fun. Choreography and fight scenes were great, Noomi was great.
Best original netflix film so far, miles better than that boring crap with Brad Pitt.

I remember a thread when some user told us a story about Noomi seducing him while they were shooting a movie long time ago (he was a cameraman or something like that).
He said she is fun as fuck, and a great girl.

Reminder that this is tipped to win an Oscar

The antagonist's actual intentions could have been better explained (she needs the wand but is ok with giving it to an assassin? Her entire doomsday cult/gang is her, the two grunts, the assassin and tikka?) and Will Smith being a Bright is a shitty Deus Ex Machina, but besides that it's entertaining, solid 6/10 desu.

movie said they're slow and immobile. probably very susceptible to grappling technique

that's pretty generous, didn't expect this rating after reading your post. cheers mate

I thought canonically Croc was a negro, until his condition started.

I enjoyed it, but after finishing it I realize I enjoyed the setting more than the actual movie.

I watched it becaues it reminded me of Shadowrun. If you remove all the races and shit, you're left with a bland cop buddy movie.

It could have been much better, it starts good, but the world, the characters, the villain and all isn't developed at all.

Dwarves are Jews
Tolkien himself said about it.

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've read about it so far I would give it a 6.2. Good idea, not good enough execution.

I went in knowing it was a fun popcorn flick and it delivered on that front.
Gets a few points for originality. Makes me want to play Shadowrun