It was kino.

Why is this series so damn good?

pure cíno

Lt. Fick, you might want to recommend these men for commendation

TEMPO. TEMPO. TEMPO.

Sometimes i feel i've got to

Run away i've got to

>tfw that was the only time where Trombley sang along

It's funny just how much more positive the show paints him than the book.

CUS I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRT BACK BABY

*clap* *clap*
:/

GET AWAY FROM THE PAIN YOU DROVE INTO THE HEART OF ME

Proof that even the military is just another job with incompetent space fillers and middle management fucking things up.

TAKE MY TEARS AND THATS NOT NEARLY ALL

TAINTED LOOOOOVE

*trombley in back*
Oooohhhhhhhhh

TEMPO
E
M
P
O P M E T

POLICE

He didnt deserve cancer.

It’s a suicide mission, a god damn suicide mission

GROOOOOMING STANDARD

I expected more from the book. The only reason why I read it was to get more interesting anecdotes and banter, but it felt disappointing. Most of the interesting stuff was already in the show. The book only gives you a bit more information about each character. What they don't show in the show was the fear everyone had. I especially remember a few descriptions of how Espera had a really frightened expression during certain assaults.

HOW MUCH LONGER ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO SIT HERE WAITING TO DIE IN AMBUSH ALLEY

>tfw i will never be assured of this

whats wrong with your voooooooooice

The show contains more information that wasn't available at the time (like Godfather's pov on the whole mission).

IT'S BLACK HAWK DOWN

He really hates body hair.

>tfw Gunny was a child molester

>tfw Grimes from Black Hawk Down repeatedly fucked his pre-pubescent daughter up her ass

>GO THIS WAY, I KNOW A SHORTCUT
>*almost dies because they got lost*
He's like a cartoon character.

AMERIKEEEEY IS WATCHIN

Baby killer

He was such an obnoxious and edgy retard. It's what the children on b think they are without realizing how retarded they are.

>"shut up kino soyboy"

That was the point. He's supposed to be the edgy raised on videogames killing is fun guy.

I though that was the whole idea of his character
Some disillusioned corn fed retard.

Grooming standard indeed

But he's not a fictional character. That's how he is in real life. I'm not criticizing the "writing". I'm just saying that he's an absolute asshole with no redeeming quality about him.

Some people are just like that, the Marines was probably the only place he could realistically go

MAKE GODFATHER PROUD

good source material, using fruity rudy who kept things authentic, stayed true to the setting and didn't try to hollywood it up (note how there's no music except in the last episode), great acting, etc

It really is the honesty of it that makes it great

Make no mistake...

THERE
WILL
BE
NO
FUCK
UPS

peak ancap,top kek and all the rest

FOLLOW MAH TRACEEEERZ
ENGAGE ENGAGE

try reading Fick's book.

THAT CUNNY WASNT YOURS TAH LOOSE

Fucking Brad, man

>you a smoker?
>no, just lucky i guess
based ferrando

>Hitler stash is rad
>Looked good on Hitler

the smalltalk in this is fucking great

>Walt follows a direct order and guns down civilians
>you okay Walt?
>Trombley follows a direct order and guns down civilians
>lol baby killer
the book didn't give Trombley as much shit as the show did

wat

This is now a Fruity Rudy thread

'Hit me up with some of that sweet, sweet nj.'

We're all gay for Rudy!

POLICE THAT MOOSTASH

>did you smoke?
>no... guess I was one of the lucky ones

Has the Mad Dog ever commented on his portrayal?

how do you even get this Chad?

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY?

Alright gentlemen, Battalion just sent out word that Generation Kill threads in Sup Forums will always be good and devoid of obnoxious shitposters. Now, I understand some among you might be suspicious this will always be the case, but I've checked it on the net myself, and it's been confirmed to me beyond any doubt.

I'm assured of this.

should have stayed with francis in military school

name a more iconic duo

Poke > Ray

My dream TV series: Generation Kill set in the Halo universe. 6 part miniseries following an elite spearhead group of ODSTs invading a planet who barely encounter any aliens and only hear news about how humans are getting their asses kicked elsewhere.

Literally impossible.

I literally fell asleep while watching generation kill, fucking boring ass movie

the background dialogue for me

i catch something new that the grunts are saying on each rewatch and it usually makes me laugh

soy

I wonder if Trombley still has his Mexican gf

he lost both legs in Iraq.
i doubt it.

This is what makes the series almost infinitely re-watchable for me.

>Lilley's wife wants to join the USMC
>Single second off-screen comment saying "Yeah, she's gonna look like a fucking cumdragon."

It's apex banterkino.

Source.

You mocking me?

I read both books and was disappointed when I could never find the story about the squad getting ambushed with an AA gun (zeus maybe?)

>no redeeming quality about him.
Hell of a SAW gunner and he was the one who spotted that AA vehicle that had them all pinned.

> SPC John Stebbins was renamed as fictional "John Grimes." Stebbins had been convicted by court martial in 1999 for sexually assaulting his daughter.[8]

WHOPPER JUNIOR
WHOPPER JUNIOR
WHOPPER JUNIOR

I bet none of yall read fruity rudys book. He is one interesting motherfucker. Hard life, good guy. Very fruity and spiritual, but if it works for him then it works for him. And he's 100% about being supportive of people. I'm sure if he wanted to he could start a little cult and get some girls to worship him in a harem.

The authenticity and the best military radio chatter I ever heard. I watched Hurt Locker pretty soon after finishing GK and it was like a fucking joke.

It was a ZU-23.

Oscar Mike

They were calling me that?

You mean a ZSU-23?

That's a fucking Shilka, completely different thing. From that close a Shilka would've killed the entire HMMV column, the Cobras, and then spotted the JTAC and shot him too just for good measure.

I might be way off or getting mixed up here but wasn't the AA vehicle in GK tracked and the ZU-23 is just the gun itself, not a vehicle?

I don't think so. If it was a ZSU-23, it would have an integrated radar system which would've detected the Cobras and blown them the fuck out before they even knew what hit them. I mean, those things take down fixed-wing CAS like A-10s. Second, a Shilka would never be just laying there next to a road, waiting to ambush infantry columns -- these things are deployed way the middle of fuck nowhere with their radars off, and then wait until possible enemy aircraft approaches before revealing itself.

The ZU-23 is a static platform that can be fixed in any kind of terrain, even on the back of pickups and trucks, which makes it cheap and mobile, perfect for delivering a shitload of firepower onto a unsuspecting convoy of HMMVs out of fucking nowhere. Of course the guys firing that thing in the show could probably barely read numbers, so they took too long before managing to range it properly.

Just watched the scene again and they refer to it as a ZEUS and then a ZSU when calling in the air support. Unfortunately this is the best view we get of it so it could be either the troops mid ID'd it or it was a mistake by the show runners.
Think it might have even been a ZSU-57? Judging by the size of it and it'd explain why it had no RADAR.

I dunno man. It really had the silhouette profile of a low-mounted emplacement, but I guess like you said, it's hard to make it out exactly. With any other show I'd just say it's the writers being retarded and having no clue what tacticool bullshit they're trying to pass off as comms, but since this show in particular takes a lot of care with being as accurate as possible, it's very possible I'm wrong and they did have a Shilka just laying there. They were First Recon after all and it's not all that impossible that maybe they just caught the thing with its pants down while it was having its tracks repaired or whatever.

It definitely was a Shilka.

> Second, a Shilka would never be just laying there next to a road, waiting to ambush infantry columns

This is a disorganized Iraqi army we are talking about. All concepts of logic and tactics get thrown out the window.

Unlike most military shows, it was a very down to earth portrayal of the "heroic marines". They swear, they banter, they make mistakes, they sometimes know jack shit and have to make poor decisions. Gave it an air of authenticity you don't often see in TV shows or movies about the military. Also made it relatable with how many fuck ups were present in all levels of leadership, and in classic David Simon writing, how institutions are a problem.

I found it astounding Fruity Rudy isn't gay, just very metro.

> Iraq – 100 ZSU-57-2s ordered in 1970 from Soviet Union and they were delivered between 1971 and 1973 (the vehicles were previously up to few years in Soviet service).[4] All ZSU-57-2s and Type 80s were destroyed or scrapped prior to 2003.[3][11]
From the ZSU-57-2 Wiki page. Now I don't know what to believe.
I'm going with it definitely being a ZSU but whether it was a 57 or 23 we'll probably never know.

It's honestly the most accurate onscreen portrayal of the military.
t. US Marine (POG)

>just very metro.
that's another word for closet fag, pal

youtube.com/watch?v=OubHHtNM94s

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PUSSY