This show is way better than Steven Universe. It's a lot of fun and has a really good story

This show is way better than Steven Universe. It's a lot of fun and has a really good story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4LjSa4XKfoI&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=1CXYLyxKp9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Obviously. Steven Universe is shite.

/thread

It's basically the same thing, but keep telling yourself that.

oh boy, here we go. Same user starts spamming "LE BAIT" threads to be le troll.

>has a really good story
no

can't believe there's a show that forced even more shitty anime references into it than SU

>anime references
Dude, it's a fucking magical girl parody, what the fuck do you expect?

true, who am I to expect that western animation will ever again do something original, I must be fucking mad

both Steven Universe and Star Vs put their elements together in a fairly new and intriguing way

Steven Universe is an EVA parody
Star Vs is a generic magical girl anime parody

They're both parodies of japs

lets nuke them again btw

Star is cute, but the show is mostly brainless trite with "Muh lore".

The best way to discribe Star is just to say that it's surprisingly good. Not surprisingly good as in, 'I watched this and was surprised that it was good;' but more like, 'Why the fuck is this so damn good?'

Anyone who genuinely believe SU has better writing than Svtfoe is inflicted with some type of mental retardation

>Steven Universe is an EVA parody
What? It's pretty obviously 'What if a little fat boy was sailor moon and with optimus prime as a mom.'

Any one that believes Crybabby universe is good at all is probably fucked in the head.

I beg to disagree.

The shows are comparable, but 'Star versus' is a lot more saccharine.

"Ugh. My mom gives me such a hard time. Can you believe she banished me to Earth?"
"Oh, ha-ha, Earth isn't so bad!"
"No, but how would you feel if your mom sent you to another world?"
"Uh... heh heh..."

"Okay, so he looked like an ugly monster, but it turns out he was just this guy, you know? Anyway, we're friends now. I even babysat his kids this one time!"
"That's so cool!"
"Have you ever had a monstrous enemy who turned out to be a friend?"
"Well, there was this centipeetle - "

"..So that's his deal. He's really kind of pathetic - this little birdy guy, attitude three sizes bigger than his body. Says he wants to rule the world, but if you ask me he's really just got approval issues. How about you? You have a nemesis, right?"
"Kinda? The Diamonds, I guess."
"Oooo, diamonds... are they shiny?"
"Ah-heh-heh-heh... well, they're these huge queen ladies and they're really pretty, I guess."
"Ohhhh..."
"They first wanted to drain the Earth of all life, but now they just want destroy it. They made this huge weapon out of the remains of millions of dead warriors and if it ever hatches, it'll rip the planet apart!"
"...."
"...In their defense, they're really upset my mom killed one of them."

To clarify: I watch and enjoy both of them.

Wow. So bitter. What do YOU consider a good show, my cynical friend?
Personally, I watch cartoons to be entertained. For this reason I always feel a little out of place among people who watch children's TV shows to gain deep philosophical insights.

I don't like it, the plot is interesting but there's too much high school lolrandom crap.

Make a show about Star's mom and you might have something good.

ITS GONNA GET ALITTLE WEIRD! ITS GONNA GET ALITTLE WIIIILD!

luckily I think that's where we're going next season, it's summer break for Marco and there's some crazy bullshit going down on Mewni that Star drags everybody into.

And people say this isn't the most autistic board.

how is it trite? plotwise

A really good story, just like Star is a really god friend.

GRAVITY FALLS!

What sane person would EVER say that??

.....Okay, MAYBE /toy/ MIGHT be more autistic.

That's it, threads over, we can all go home now.

One has mildly attractive rocks.

The other has a hot lizard.

The choice is clear.

>Wow. So bitter. What do YOU consider a good show, my cynical friend?
TMNT 03, Ben 10 original and alien Force, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, you know, shows where the Protagonists are competent and likable and not just useless children to used in some forced message about how if you kill your enemies they win or some trite talk about relationships.

Star Vs is better.

It's actually on the level of Japanese Children's TV instead of the patronizing garbage that is Steven Universe

You can actually expect stuff like this in Star VS
youtube.com/watch?v=4LjSa4XKfoI&t=1s

>Ben 10 original and alien Force
Wow, shit taste there user.

You also forgot about ATLA.

>Star Vs fans with another bait thread.
Isn't Star only in it's 3rd season? While Steven Universe is on it's 5th if my memory serves, it might be 4th if I'm wrong.
My point being that one show had enough time to start strong, and then get bad. It could happen to Star, the show's too young to start calling it great just because the creator added some lore after a first season that even some fans call mediocre.
Plus, any show where if the creator absolutely CANNOT make something out of their side characters, then there's the possibility that she'll just remove them, is no doubt written by a hack.

I haven't watched since season 1, but I head it's still great. also considering it's influence on this, should I watch sailor moon? my girlfriend really likes both, but I feel kinda fat for watching sailor moon despite it looking interesting

>if you kill your enemies they win
What are you doing here? You're supposed to be running the country.
(No wonder the deficit is getting so high.)

those rocks aren't even attractive aside from lapis and pearl who are slightly above average at best

yep it is but still
show is mediocre as fuck
lore is basic as fuck and season 2 episodes are literally mexican novela

>I feel kinda fat for watching
what

>original
Nigga, nothing's fucking original. One idea came from something else.

>Everyone who doesn't follow capeshit tier morals must be Trump or a Trump clone.
Go back to Wherever you came.

Anime does original shit all the fucking time.

Plotwise it's fine, the problem is most episodes don't further the plot at all. Watching Star misunderstand some earth thing like "As seen on TV" products can be entertaining, but it's nothing new and doesn't really do anything a dozen other cartoons have done before.

Like I said, the two things the show has going for it would be the cute factor and the lore, but the lore is slow and not always there and if you want the cute factor you should probably be on Sup Forums.

You don't even know which country I was referring to, do you? Fucking Americans, always thinking it's all about them.

>and if you want the cute factor you should probably be on Sup Forums.
Unless you feel disgusting appropriating Japanese culture, like I do.

>Weeb shit is original.
Yeah, maybe about 20 years ago.

I don't know, the people on /toy/ at least usually focus on products made for adults and not small children. It seems to be mostly high quality figures nowadays.

I'd probably put /mlp/ as most autistic, but it's an offshoot of Sup Forums which is just a sliver less autistic.

If you were referencing Trudeau you did a poor job of it considering that he actually believes that "If you kill your enemies they win" trite.

Sailor Moon is worth watching. It hasn't aged that well, but it's an extremely important work that has had major impacts on hundreds of shows from all future magical girl shows to many foreign shows that just copy parts of it.

That was kind of my point, idiot user.

>appropriating

/toy/ is definitely the most autistic and it's not even close. Come on.

/tg/ is a contender for second place.

Taking another's culture for oneself. Appropriating.

No, anime still does original stuff on a regular basis

Meanwhile Western "animation" has continued to wallow around in its own filth of mediocrity at best.

>Dem Whities be takin our culture, Das Raysis!

Japan pops out some new interesting ideas all the time. Instead of just popping out generic shitty shows they'll pop out a PMMM or a Stein's Gate, both from this decade and both doing completly new shit with old used topics. They also do a great job of mixing genre, like Gakkou Gurashi, which mixes 2 genres Americans have never tried to link.

I agree, but stop making this stupid bait threads.

user, how are you Appropriating a culture by watching a show??

What the fuck, man. Not cool, not cool at all.

I don't know, it seems like /toy/ people have money, unlike basement dwelling cartoon torrenters.

/tg/ seems like a decent place with an autistic subject, but Sup Forums is clearly an autistic subject discussed in autistic ways.

The theme song is pure garbage.

meant to say gay
hmmmmm interesting

Because anime is Japanese through and through. It's literally littered with cultural references (but even if it wasn't it would still be appropriation).

I think the first seasons were supposed to develop the characters and make them familiar to the audience while slowly building up the plot.

There will be a lot of plot in season 3, I mean there's going to be a two hour long movie with nothing but plot at the season premier

It's better than most magical girl shows just by the simple fact that Usagi is actually a character with a proper arc and flaws she has to overcome, unlike other shows that just make their protags perfect,their only flaw being a lack of assertiveness (Madoka).

It wasn't written by Brian H Kim

They haven't done anything with the story yet, ya dummy.

Madoka is not the protagonist of PMMM even if her name is in the title. She's a decoy protagonist, she's pretty much never the focus of the show after the first few episodes. The real protagonist has many flaws, and still hasn't overcome her biggest flaw but the next movie seems to deal with this as everything is leading up to it.

>the problem is most episodes don't further the plot at all.

I hate you plotfags. You ruined LWA and now you're going to ruin this. Episodic with mild continuity is the master race.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CXYLyxKp9w

> Episodic with mild continuity is the master race.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either go full plot or full episodic (with plot for episode 1 and the finale). Any other mix is a waste of time.

Problem is that for the majority of the first season, she's a moron.

It took about 40 episodes for me to finally have some sympathy for her. What really helped me through that first season was the other girls, and the filler actually being entertaining. The main plot and the protagonist felt like the weak points of SM, and I never watched what came after the first season.

You are lower than an animal.

Your right, my bad. I am sorry for appropriating Black Culture just then.

Anyone else really hate Ponyhead? Why couldnt Star's actual bestie be a Mewni noble girl like her?

you should

Ironically I feel like this is backwards, from reading the other thread, and all of Star's biblical references.

Literally every good show is episodic with mild continuity. Name one that isn't.

It does attract the autism. You just need to report/ignore them.

That's a reference to the bonglord of Canada

I wish I was a bonglord.

Im actually glad they make anime "original".
Wish those nips could do something about that lip sync though.
Im tired of watching still images and only flap their mouths for like 2 minutes.