So did jack indirectly erase all his friends from the future

So did jack indirectly erase all his friends from the future.
After all despite Aku being evil the world was realy technologically advanced and a lot of races came to live on earth for some reason or other.

If jack erased Aku from history than is it possible all of the people he helped will never even be born because he drastically changed history.

Personally i think the ending where jack somehow defeats aku in the future and just accepts the fact this is his world now and the past is just the past would have bean better.

The ending we got felt like the kind of shit designed for the widest audience possible.

Can you autists stop with this shit already.

We got the ONLY possible ending. Any other ending would have utterly destroyed the show.

>So did jack indirectly erase all his friends from the future.

I'd say that is most likely.

How would making a better future destroy the show?

Because there was NO "better future" to make. The world was basically dead, Aku had destroyed too much. Any faint flicker of hope that Ashi or whoever else may have given Jack is just that.

For a dead world it sure did have a lot of people living in it.
And a lot of creatures and a lot of nature.

This
Everything in the future that is Aku is corrupted.
I remember an episode in which Jack contemplates how fucked up the world is for a brief moment, can't remember the exact moment though.

Fucked-up people, creatures, and nature, that is. Only way to fix it is to GET BACK TO THE PAST.
This user gets it.

Why does this same thread keep poping up where someone asks "did jack erase all of his friends?" Is it somehow a meme not to understand basic time travel now? Is this shitposting? Is everyone just stupid?

And while I'm at it I'm also sick if people bitching and moaning about jack "erasing his friends". When he went to the future his prime motivation was the same as it was before hand, "save his kingdom, his family, and the world from Aku". By being sent to the future he saw a distopian world where aku had comited several genocides including that of his own people, enslaved entire races of people, and alowed space pirates to invade and pilage innocent peoples homes. A few nice people or things doesn't change the horrors of this world so preventing it altogether was for a greater good.

Since his direct action caused all those people in the future to never exist it basically means he also committed genocide against them, the only possible conclusion where jack doesn't allows a genocide to happen by either direct action or inaction is merging the two timelines together somehow and letting things balance themselves out.

>was realy technologically advanced

Because he flung him thousands of years into the future. Of course it would be advanced.

This is a world with magic, souls, prophesies, afterlives and reincarnation. I don't see why all this woould be denied by theories of how time travel theoretically would work irl, it's entirely possible that all those character were still born or reincarnated in a better future. Ashi would be the exception because she was made from Aku, who probably has no soul and the sword was made to completely destroy.

It's a circle, the goal from the beginning was to GET TO THE PAST and now he is in the past. I wish they had two episodes to finish the series the last episode felt a bit rushed but I enjoyed it.

There is really nothing to get. People really need to rewatcht the series, they seem to think that the show represented different values from what it actually offers.

Its not genocide if they never lived you blasted faggot. By that logic taking a shit is also genocide because you kill off everyone in the universe where you didn't.

>they seem to think that the show represented different values from what it actually offers.
>GOT TO GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST
Seems like you're the delusional one here, user.

They did live, you can either understand timelines as both coexisting as different dimension in which case nothing he did matters or understand it as he being directly responsible for them not being alive.

Um, why? I am saying the same thing as you, I think? I was criticizing the fact that people didn't want Jack to return.

You should make that clearer then. Because most anons who post that kind of shit hate the ending.

I thought it was pretty clear. Don't wanna be postin entire essays just to voice my opinion over a show.

Jack getting back to the past and undoing the future that is Aku was the ONLY way the show could have ever ended...

... that said, the finale needed to at least have some kind of epilogue scene that show that the new future was a clean, peaceful-looking one.

No his future friends weren't erased they die in the future that is Aku's.

Jacks current timeline is a divergent/branching timeline. As it continued to curve away from the past timeline Ashi's existence became an impossibility until she was erased.

Aku rules the future of the original timeline and all of Jacks friends are dead

Really my whole point with Gennedy is that he tends to focus way too much on set pieces over actual writting at times.

He's kinda like the Stanley Kubrick of cartoons.

>Don't wanna be postin entire essays just to voice my opinion over a show.
user... I don't know how to tell you this, but this may not be the right board for you.

Wrong

Finally the conspiracy fits. It WAS all just a dream.

Not wrong it's the only way the ending makes sense.

Jack stays because he has a point of origin, Ashi was from the future so the line connecting her thins until it breaks.

At best what could happen is for her to go back to the future and fight Aku.

Nah, I like watching you guys. Lurking Sup Forums is hilarious.
And you have many delicious reaction images.

Except that's clearly not what Genndy wrote

may not be what he wrote but it's clearly what happened. If a hack writer wants his ending then he needs to write it properly.

Who else thinks it would have been way better if there was a few more episodes where aku foolishly leaves jack to wander the earth suffering after becoming harmless (he could have ashi as a hostage)? I think this would have been way better, jack could actually gather the army and fight AKU in a legitimately satisfying way.

10 episodes just wasn't enough IMO

We needed moar Aku.

But what about all those people who helped/saved jack in the future, if they didn't exist he wouldn't have lived. If ashi disapeared jack probably will as well and that would just fuck shit up

Again he went back to the past. The past just branched it branched in the past thanks to samurai jack.

Original timeline they are still fighting Aku

So what you're saying is that jack basically pulled off a rick and morty and jumped to another timeline? Wouldn't that mean the origional aku is now totally invincible in his own timeline?

He didn't jump to a new one, it's just a branch of the old one

and yes The Future belongs to Aku assuming Ashi didn't get pulled back

I can't look at this picture and not see Ashi's enlogated face anymore.

>Show is about a guy trying to unmake the future that is Aku
>In the end, he does that.
>WOOOOOOW WHAT THE FUCK GENNDY?

The show did fairly well to establish that Jack isn't "meant" to be in the future.
>Doesn't age.
>God's are supporting his quest.
>Time portals all over the place.

Yes they dont exist at all not will ever exist again.

NEVER EXIST AGAIN.

>when Jack faces some of Aku's minion, you can see the discomfort in his face
>he even says what sorcery is this
>it is clear that he isn't fit for this time period
>"hurrrrr he should have stayed guys haha"

that xenophobic piece of shit should have learned his lesson instead of rotting away in his ancient japan

Did you just assume his gender?

They did a shit job at showing the future was fucked beyond hope. Too many trees lady bugs and the like, plus a lot of the weird shit there wasn't actually bad.

>the show is the most idealistic of CN shows, with clearly defined lines of good and evil, of honour and dishonour, of right and wrong.

>still somehow believes that he erased his friends from the time line, instead of making them have peaceful lives on the future

>muh time genocide is real = saying that Marty Mcfly, PPG on Him's controlled future, Flash in Flashpoint and so on are genocídios world's by making a better future

>Still believing on the "muh butterfly effect" meme when 99% OF CARTOONS DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT. Examples of "changing the past but people still live with different lifes" include: Jack Chan animated show, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, Gumball, Mystery Inc., Justice League, Dexter's Laboratory (THAT WAS WRITTEN BY FUCKING GENNDY).

>>muh time genocide is real = saying that Marty Mcfly, PPG on Him's controlled future, Flash in Flashpoint and so on are genocídios world's by making a better future

None of those are anywhere near the same time scale. You're not too bright are you?

I am convinced now that you never watched the show.

I watched the whole damn thing, the future had shit tons of hope, the highlands, bazaars and raves were strange but not bad or wrong. And when Aku twisted them, they were righted with ease after his machinations were destroyed.

Timescale doesn't matter because in YOUR view some people would have been born in a new timeline and others wouldn't, and changing anything in it would erase them. You are just trying to move goalposts to scale, not act.

And you want some with similar Timescale? I can give, Jack Chan

>So did jack indirectly erase all his friends from the future.

It was a pretty awful future. Even the lizard monks who had it pretty good would have helped him erase their current status quo by letting Jack use their portal if Aku hadn't destroyed it.

You are moving goalposts fucko. You are the one not so bright.

Did you deliberately miss the billions of lives that Aku ruined? Did you forget that he steals oceans for kicks? Some bastions of hope ain't cutting it.

>Timescale doesn't matter because in YOUR view some people would have been born in a new timeline and others wouldn't, and changing anything in it would erase them.

Yeah, therefore time scale matters a lot. It's the difference between thousands and billions. Also, most of those are more explicitly comedic so there's less of an expectation of logical consistency.

>And you want some with similar Timescale? I can give, Jack Chan

What?

This is a bullshit discussion. Genndy fucked up by not clarifying whether or not Jack saved the future or erased it. End of story.

>Samurai "End Your Friends" Jack
>Samurai "Blot out the Scot" Jack
>Samurai "Don't Save the Rave" Jack
>Samurai "Gutter-stomp the guttersnipe" Jack
>Samurai "Get rid of the kids" Jack
>Samurai "Monks get dunked" Jack
>Samurai "Who's Lulu?" Jack
>Samurai "Retcon the Robot" Jack
>Samurai "Girl-Be-Gone" Jack
>Samurai The doggone dogs are gone" Jack
>Samurai "No True Scotsman" Jack
>Samurai "Daughter Eraser" Jack
>Samurai "Purple-haired girls don't belong in this world" Jack
>Samurai "Archer? I hardly know her!" Jack
>Samurai "Too fat to exist" Jack
>Samurai "Gone baby, gone" Jack
>Samurai" This isn't Sparta" Jack
>Samurai "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" Jack

>the billions of lives that Aku ruined

Well now they never existed so I'm not seeing how Jack helped anything. Should we start executing rape victims and replace them with fresh new babies? That seems to be the morality that Genndy-apologists are advocating.

>Scott: Hey Jack me boy take ya pic ah mee dauthas
>Jack: They're all about to ceass being so... I'm going to go with the time travel girl

Oh I saw that he was a dick who destroyed planets and enslaved the survivors but hope still existed.

They should've at least made a scene where someone tells Jack that any reality without Aku is infinitely better and more valuable than their reality.

Ashi's essence was half Aku, that's why she went poof.
Gimme proof that anyone else disappeared.

I love when Phineas and Ferb did this. The adult Candace who was basically the protagonist for most of the episode realizes she dun goofed and pops into oblivion and everyone continues like nothing happened. This kind of thing can be funny or easily ignored when it's a comedy but if you're trying to make an epic action-adventure climax revolving around time travel you need to take this shit into account. Jack just seems like a stupid asshole now.

There is none, but Occam's Razor would suggest that they did. Genndy should have clarified "no they didn't all die because umm Zeus did it".

That's just more fucked up. What kind of message does that send? "If things look bad give up hope and kill yourself"

>Also, most of those are more explicitly comedic so there's less of an expectation of logical consistency.

What is Jack Chan? Justice League? Mystery Inc?

Also Samurai Jack is comedic as many of them, you are talking about a show with FUNNY TALKING DOGS, HANNAH BARBARA CAMEOS and gay robot scat singer. Hell, there is much more inconsistency on everything on Samurai Jack, than any of the shows that I mentioned.

>Genndy fucked up by not clarifying whether or not Jack saved the future or erased it.

Please, I'm just saying that it is the most logic conclusion based on his usual writing, the way that the show is written and how 99% of cartoons and comics treat the trope.

If anything, you should be saying that there is a 50/50 chance instead of claiming "huur duuur he killed everyone, time genocide is real"

Nah, people would still be pissed no matter what the explanation. Making us guess is the correct choice.

>Any other ending would have utterly destroyed the show.
>Jack kills Aku in the future
>Go back to the past using the Guardian's time portal
>Kills Aku in the past
>Scene in the future confirming that the show works with split timelines and that the characters in the future are living happily

How does this "destroy" the show?

>On the wiki of episode CI, its says: “The female vocal at the end of the episode, “renchaku ha na hanasa na” is Japanese for “your love has been set free.

what female vocal?

>Justice League?

Are you seriously citing capeshit as an example of coherent storytelling? Also, pretty much all capeshit time travel follows many-worlds so none of this shit would be an issue there. Part of what made the SJ finale so ridiculous is that Jack fucked over his friends whether time is linear or divergent.

>If anything, you should be saying that there is a 50/50 chance instead of claiming "huur duuur he killed everyone, time genocide is real"

The setting is explicitly magical and obviously anything can happen, but since Genndy didn't fucking tell us we kind of are forced to assume the simplest explanation. Which is that Jack erased about a trillion innocent people. If the finale was exactly the same with like a 30 second epilogue showing the Scotsman and his daughters hanging out in a happy future no one would be bitching like this.

Since when "preventing horrible futures and changing it to a good one"
became a bad thing?

It is one of the oldest tropes on time travel and one of the most common and nobody complains at all.

This user knows what's up. This dilemma was discussed in the episode with the Shaolin monks, and I genuinely thought this is how the ending would be.

Why would anyone be pissed if Samurai Jack actually saved the future instead of murdering it? What ridiculous fanboy apologism. Genndy fucked up, get over it.

Which characters are each of these referencing?

This is the only way that it would have made logical sense, but I would have also accepted "the people of the future still exist because a wizard did it". Genndy did neither.

At least they wouldn't have been stabbed in the back by Jack. Who left them with a living Aku, or he just obliterated them.

I really wish that there was someone who tried to stop Jack because of the existential dread of nonexistance. I mean you could even undercut his motivation by having all his friends and family killed and replaced by Akubots.

All Jack had to do was kill future Aku, discover that saving the past is pointless, and live in the future being held as a hero.

That's all. No sacrificing his allies just to save some dead people.

First of all, there is no proof Jack murdered anything. Ashi died because she was half Aku.
Secondly, people on Sup Forums will bitch about anything. Look at what you are doing now for instance.

He should have at least beaten both Akus, present and past. That way it doesn't feel like there's a parallel universe where Aku still dominates and Jack never came back to save.

>Are you seriously citing capeshit as an example of coherent storytelling?

We are talking about cartoon here fag.

>Also, pretty much all capeshit time travel follows many-worlds so none of this shit would be an issue there

Except that on every episode where JL and JLU dealer with time travel, the current timeline was show to change with actions of the past, no different from what happened with Ashi. Like a prosperous city appearing slowly infront of Vandal Savage on the future, after JL saving the planet thousand years ago.

>we kind of are forced to assume the simplest explanation.

But the most simplest explanation is that Genndy did the same thing as he did on his previous works with time travel, that he did the same thing as 99% of writters do,and that he did something that is along the lines of the morality of the show, not the opposite.

nah man they totally died 'cause it helps with op's constant bitching

Nah, we wanted to see Jack saving the world and erasing countless years of atrocity. Why you assume that people wanted your speciphic Headcanon to happen?

There was an episode where Jack refuse to go back in time because it'll mean the death of two monks who were fighting with him.

If going back in time meant they were going to die since Jack wasn't here to save them, then the same rule apply in the last episode of season 5 and all the characters are truly dead.

You're just pulling shit out of your ass, I'm just basing myself on what the show did.

>"Hero" selfishly sacrifices current existence just so he/she can be with his waifu and fuck over the main "villain".
That sounds very familliar........

Except he did. Ashi disappering implys there is no alternative timeline.

Or that she ceases to exist because Aku is dead, and she is half Aku.

how do we contact genndy so we can force him to retcon the entire ending

also who has the updated version of the chart

That was just Jack literally being 89IQ in that episode and I don't take it as canon. For me it's just the writers going "hurr durr gotta teach these dumb children something about camaraderie they can understand."

You are clearly missing the point. Jack saved the monks because it is what he does, the same thing that compels him to go back into time is what makes him not let others die for him.

Jack destroyed his friends either way. If he erased the timeline, the Aku's influence leading up to everything (including the circumstances of their births) would also disappear.

If both timelines coexist, then Jack fucked up because he didn't kill future Aku, meaning that in the future EVERYBODY got their asses handed to them because he took the sword with him into the past.

Genndy fucked up by having Jack not kill future Aku.

The introfags are completely ridiculous

>entire show is about showing how his mission is in the future and the protagonist acknowledges it explicitly multiple times
>there are many absolutely "do you understand it already you dumbfuck?" moments and scenes showing just that
>the entire final season is pretty much "you're still depressed that you fucked up, but you shouldn't be cause you actually did good in the future" and, again, the protagonist acknowledges it explicitly

But there are some intro lyrics and that was the only possible ending!!! Hurrrrrrrrrr

Also, while time travel works OK as a premise and unattainable goal to motivate the protagonist's adventures in the future, the moment you try to actually employ it you fucked up and you fucked up badly. And when you're trying to defend you look dumb by default.

If the timelines coexist, and Ashi is gone, you can bet that Future Aku is dead too.
Ashi came from Future Aku, so, if she is dead, so is he.
qed

and so is everybody else

>why let people die for you to go back on time
>if I can save them, and go back in time on other way
>and thus ensuring that they will have better lifes on a better future

This is in character for Jack.

No
They can still exist even without Aku, at least most of them.

>Jack destroyed his friends either way.

They likely were born on the future with different circumstances, like most shows do. So what is the issue?

Yes. In that case, we go with the former option, in which case Aku's influence led to the births of everybody in the future to some extent. Ashi was directly created by him, but he also created the circumstances necessary for Scotsman, monks, Da Samoorai, etc. to be born.

Without Aku, Person A fucked person B instead of Person C, and the circumstances across thousands of years of terrorizing the universe are completely different.

None of the characters outside of Jack's family and the gods exist anymore.

they were born in the world that is Aku, without Aku they would not exist, just like Ashi.

So what about all the others guys that died for him in the final battle and who died when he left and the timeline still existed? Because that's how time travel works in SJ universe according to this episode.

>in the future EVERYBODY got their asses handed to them because he took the sword with him into the past.

HOL UP HOL UP

If he took the sword into the past then that means it could end up in the future the long way around. My headcanon is that baby grew up to find the sword and slay Aku.

yeah it was shit and rushed
The hero story must involve the hero learning and developing.

After everything Jacks been through he ends up at home ,nothing changed, puts his slippers on and has a wank like it was all a dream.

Staying in the future would have been bittersweet but much more hopeful and comforting as he would have all his friends and most importantly Ashi

>Demongo shows up
>Literally never shows up or is relevant at any point
Why even have that entire scene if they did nothing with it and it went nowhere?

>like most shows do
Name 5 shows that do this.