Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 Speculation

Since Guardians 3 takes place after Infinity War it won't have to accommodate any crossover tie in stuff and can be its own movie. What do you want to see in the final movie Sup Forums? What new member do you want to see join?

Adam Warlock is pretty much guaranteed to show up. Rumor has it a large part of the story will take place on Earth and will focus on Gamora and Peter (or so I think I heard). Presumably there will be wacky hijinks as the more alien members of the crew meet Earth people.

Prediction:

Main plot:
>Ayesha has made Adam
>Adam goes after guardians
>Adam sees error of his ways and goes with Guardians to confront Ayesha
>Something turns him into Magus
>Ayesha can't control him and is killed by Magus
>Guardians stop Magus (not sure if Adam reverts or dies)

Other than that there's a bunch of stuff. They'll want to expand on the OG Ravagers/Guardians in some way.

Possibly Kamaria returns as Moondragon. With Mantis saying stuff like "you're not my type" to Drax and Gunn saying someone might be gay already, I bet he's then gonna make Mantis/Moondragon a couple, leaving out Phyla. This will be confusing for Drax as Moondragon is his actual daughter who doesn't recognize him and has become a completely different person since they last saw eachother and they don't get along well, while on the other hand he has no relation to Mantis but she has become like a daughter to him.

Also would like to see a return to Knowhere and expand Cosmo's role after teases in Vol. 1, the credits of Vol. 2 and Mission: Breakout.

Oh what a great idea, because picking an alien setting and focusing on the love story between a human and an alien is exactly what marvel needs.

This brings up an important question.

What song should play when Peter finally returns to Earth in GotG3 or Infinity War?

that means that haughty golden bitch will show up too, right?
I love haughty golden bitch.

being created, appearing, fighting, changing his views, then time for magus too?
not enough time.

maybe he appears post credits to finish her off with a
>ayesha: adam?
>magus: No. Not quite. *boom*

Hey, it's not my idea. I think Drax needs more development myself. I'm just saying it's what I heard. And what's wrong with focusing on a romance? Mismatched pairs falling in love is a staple of every genre ever.

>Magus as current time Adam
I know DnA did it, but I still think it's cooler when Magus and Adam co-exist.

The romance between Peter and Gamora has been the worst thing in both movies.

This question made me wonder how much they'll be doing music in Infinity War. Will scenes with the guardians have some of Peter's music or will they just have the general GotG action music be their theme?

Quill is forced to take a paternal role in "raising" an 8-year old cosmically powered Adam Warlock. A kid who really wants him and the other Guardians dead.

Magus traveling back in time to Adam's time is what I assume, if they do Magus at all. But a post-credits scene is the most they can do in the first Adam appearance, I think. It'd be too soon for the MCU.

>being created, appearing, fighting, changing his views, then time for magus too?
>not enough time.
Well he's already created. If he comes out of his cocoon near the beginning (like equivalent to Ego/Meredith flashback or Yondu/Stakar/Ayesha scene) there should be enough time. Shows up and fights guardians equivalent of Ego showing up and Rocket VS Ravagers. Changing his views equivalent of first arriving on Ego. Magus equivalent of Ego villain reveal. If it takes about that much time it should work.

>And what's wrong with focusing on a romance?
Good question, why is Thor 3 copying GoG setting and tone again?

Like everything else, romance can be done well or done badly. I don't hear anyone complaining about the Leia and Han romance in the original Star Wars trilogy. Gamora and Star-lord did start to have a bit of chemistry at the end of -2.

I'd like to see the 'original' stallone team have a rogue one like subplot in which they do the dirty work to make the final victory possible.

He has to get out of his cocoon and be introduced by Ayesha. He appears and fights guardians. He changes his heart and joins them.

I think it'll take more than one interaction with the guardians to go from 2 to 3.

Also, for dark version of character to be impactful , you have to care about the character. That takes one movie. At least that's how I see it.

Disney can in some occasions do two things well with their movies, which are the action sequences and the special effects, every second focusing on a shoehorned romance will be an awkward cringy one.

>Since Guardians 3 takes place after Infinity War it won't have to accommodate any crossover tie in stuff
Good luck with that.

As I said, it wouldn't be my choice either. Drax could stand to get a lot more development and I'm biased toward delving into Rocket's background but he was a heavy focus in -2 so I doubt we will get that.

I suppose. If they introduce him, expand on Starhawk's group, do another subplot with Moondragon there's already enough for a movie I suppose. Although who would be the main villain?

Warlock, with his change of heart happening at the end of the movie, not at his first interaction with the guardians.

While I don't want it at all, I fully expect Rocket to be the one who dies.

>final movie
lol

I'm sure they want to bring in some LGBT-color, so its perfect timing for Moondragon and Quasar.

Honestly though I'm dying to see Blastaar on the big screen.

Nobody likes Bug?

Round-up of what Gunn has revealed about it already.

>Set four years after "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" and in the aftermath of "Avengers: Infinity War".

>It'll be the last movie to feature Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot, but there are plans for future movies with a different roster, although Gunn might not return to write/direct them.

>Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and Elizabeth Debicki are confirmed to return as Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot and Ayesha. Karen Gillan and Pom Klementieff are also expected to return as Nebula and Mantis.

>Star-Lord and Gamora will be the pivotal characters, with Gamora having a much more prominent role and emotional arc due to the events of "Infinity War".

>Adam Warlock will be introduced ahead of a pivotal role in the cosmic side of the MCU post-"Infinity War".

>The Ravagers led by Stakar Ogord are also expected to feature prominently in the movie and might even get their own spin-off.

>Gunn has no plans to include Moondragon and considers Drax's family to truly be dead.

>Gunn is no longer adamant that Quill be the only human in Space.

>Gunn was reluctant to direct the movie because it'd be his first movie without Michael Rooker. Yondu is truly and permanently dead.

>Gunn would love to feature Annihilus in the movie, but Fox holds the rights.

They can't use him.

Screw Annihilus, man, Blastaar is the real king of the Negative Zone!

>>Gunn is no longer adamant that Quill be the only human in Space.

MCU Jack Flagg?

Comin Home by Lynyrd Skynyrd

That'd be awesome, but he has to complain about cosmic stuff at least once.

Having him as the villain for two subsequent movies would feel very repetitive though.

He'd be the antagonist in one, not a full villain. And magus would work in a different way than newborn adam, it'll be different enough, especially if adam gets enough development between the two occasions.

>Karen Gillan a ... also expected to return as Nebula...

>Implying she won't die in IW

This. I loved him as a foil for the rest of the crew. And it was nice seeing him come back after being trashed by the Thunderbolts.

Final movie with those Guardians as a team and final movie with Gunn as a Director for the Guardians according to Gunn.

He said it was the last movie with them as a team.

I hope je doesn't get Annihilus because he would do a poor man's Annihilation and without Rich.

The other Human should should be Vance but I think the movie would deal with Peter going to Earth.

Ayesha is hot as fuck.
Mantis is cute as fuck.

Best MCU girls so far.

>without Rich
And why is that?

they have dropped a lot of hints about Rocket's backstory and what makes him tick. That's where I expect 3 to go. People really like him and Disney would be fools, they're not, to no capitalize on him more. There is a reason he is the main character in the Guardian's Breakout ride. You don't spend 1 million dollars making a auto-erotica talking racoon because he's going to loose you money. Since GoT is a series about people with family issues, and Rocket's family is the one we know basically nothing about, expect to meet his mother in Vol 3. Maybe we'll see tiny rocket get dragged away from her to be experimented on. It starts on Earth, like 5 minutes before Peter gets abducted, and we see Aliens pick up normal Racoon Rocket and his Mother

What about Groot?

Groot's story is that of a child growing up over the movies

If the Stallone team gets a spinoff they'll call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy to honor the Quill team.

Or Warlock will be made a human based off of Peter's skin and style.

>implying the movie won't set up phase 4

You know the rule of trilogies.

they don't need to hire another actor!

If Infinity War ends with Thanos defeated, I'm guessing GotG3 will end up as an Infinity Watch lite? Each one gets a gem, etc etc etc?

>Since Guardians 3 takes place after Infinity War it won't have to accommodate any crossover tie in stuff and can be its own movie.
So exactly like 2 was?

there was crossover stuff in Vol 2. We just won't know what it is until we see Infinity War. The batteries Rocket stole will come up

you think we get Blackjack O'hare being Rocket's enemy in Vol 3? Maybe make the character a girl and have her played by Jennifer Lawrence since her and Cooper have good chemistry

the mcu guardians are too pathetic to each have a gem, come on.

one gem to asgard(space), one to strange(time), one to adam(soul), one to thanos(reality), one to earth(mind), one to nova core(power)

One line of speculation is that Ravagers picked up some raccoons on Earth and sold them as research animals, so I suppose it could even have been Yondu's crew that got Rocket's mom. Yondu did seem to know about Rocket's creation in -2.

>one to strange(time), one to earth(mind)
That's 2 to earth
>one to thanos(reality)
You really think they'll let Thanos keep one?

They let him keep one in the comics and we'll get farmer Thanos anyway, so it's okay.
Also, yeah, two to earth, but in a very different situations. Asgard is a singular entity, government/techie parts of earth and magic ones are very different worlds.

so we have a scene in Vol 3. where its little Peter looking at the mother Rocket and her son and feeling sad because its with its mother and he isn't. They Yondu tells him to get away from them

I could see that happening, with Pete eventually realizing that Rocket is one of the raccoons he saw.

Will Adam be introduced in Infinity War or GotG3?

The latter.

and then Rocket attacks him when he realizes it was him and he could have released them

That's unfortunate, I was hoping that he'd be an influence in Infinity War, but I guess they have enough characters.

but will we get infinity gauntlet before gotg3 or after?

Howard The Duck

Before.

I recall Gunn teased that Peter wasn't the only child of Ego still alive, so I'm guessing the third film's theme will be sibblings as to match 1 and 2 being about mothers and fathers.

The ending of gauntlet seems worse, then.
Unless they lied about Adam's introduction.

If that had happened Rocket would never have been Uplifted. Horrible as his past is at least he's not a mere animal any more.

People suggested Mantis could also be daughter of Ego, as it would explain her powers and why he cared about keeping her around

Guys.
Cancerverse
Except instead of Mar-Vel, it's Peter's Mom.

Reminder Guardians overcame Batman x Superman

he doesn't seem to be too happy

Of course he's not happy, but he's getting there as he learns to be around people. Better to be an unhappy (but improving) sapient than a lower animal.

>>Gunn was reluctant to direct the movie because it'd be his first movie without Michael Rooker.

wait what

Hev really, really didn't want to kill Yondu, but felt like it was necessary for the story's sake

Rooker is one of his best friends and has been in all of his movies. Gunn considers him a good luck charm.

Huh. Who was he in Scooby Doo? W-was he Scooby?

which was a bit dumb, since Yondu was easily the best character

Easy fix. Use him in a flashback scene with the OG Ravagers.

Like Iron Man 2, GotG3 will be the headrunner for the next phase

Does he mean that it's a myth THAT he doesn't like Nova?

That said he has said in his Q&A in facebook that he has no interest in using Rich in his movies and regardless of him liking him or not that seems apparent.

I can see GotG vol 3 having an after credit scene with Rich though.

Kinda hard to do that without Rich and Thanos. I don't think Marvel plans to use the former after IW, and I don't see Rich coming into the MCU anytime soon.

Oh, son of bitch. Meant to say latter there

Not Thanos but after GotG Marvel is definitely looking for Cosmic properties to adapt and Nova and Quasar are the big ones to adapt.

Although I'm sure seeing how both characters are white guys and that's not progressive they'll make Rich into Ricardo Rider and Wendell into Wendy Vaughn.

They won't use Sam or Avril because they don't wanna pay those hacks at Marvel Entertainment just like how they made Ned into Ganke to avoid giving Bendis any money.

Given how Gunn has talked about how Vol. 3 will essentially be the last ride of the current Guardians line-up in the MCU, anybody up for guessing how everybody's going to turn up in the end?

>Gamora finally reconciles with Nebula post-Infinity War, the two head off on their own to find the rest of Thanos's "daughters," and generally deal with the fallout of his tomfuckery.
>Groot either stays with Rocket and the two stay in the bounty hunting game, or finds his true heritage and returns to Planet X.
>Rocket heads off with Groot to do as their wish. OR sacrifices himself in the finale of Vol. 3 in a Yondu-esc manner.
>Drax gets killed or sacrifices himself in the finale of Vol. 3, likely trying to save Mantis (or, if Gunn whims it, Moondragon).
>Peter either continues to explore the galaxy as a hero, and eventually playing a mentor role to a new cosmic character (points if it's Nova), OR finally returns to Earth full-time. Cue tearful reunion with Grandpa Quill.

MCU has done a good job at avoid politics, unlike Marvel. I don't think they'd feel it necessary to genderswap or anything.
Still, I just don't see it panning out for those guys. Maybe if they give me a real reason to think otherwise, I would. Right now, though, it just seems so unlikely.

nope

>Does he mean that it's a myth THAT he doesn't like Nova?

Yea, rumor is "gunn won't use nova, he doesn't like him" that's not true.

The truth is, Nova has a moratorium for his own movie.

He still hasn't given a good reason for cutting Rich out of the first movie.

>He still hasn't given a good reason for cutting Rich out of the first movie.
>The truth is, Nova has a moratorium for his own movie.

dude.....learn to read

Literally the only reason he gave for excluding Rich was "I don't like his helmet".
If Nova was supposed to have his own movie and they've been planning it since GotG 1, they would have said something by now

maybe no one was planning it but he wanted to leave the option open for the possible future Nova director to do his own thing with the character instead of following Gunn's setup?

>If Nova was supposed to have his own movie and they've been planning it since GotG 1, they would have said something by now

You're really this dumb? They don't want to just introduce the character arbitrarily. He is on hold for potential solo film. The same thing happened with Carol in AoU. Wheddon wanted cram her into a scene or two and Fiege vetoed it saying it was the wrong way to introduce the character who would eventually be getting a solo film.

Rich is the same situation. They haven't announced anything past Avengers 4 except the potential spider-man movie. They're not going to announce a Nova movie yet, they're not announcing anything. That's how moratoriums work. They're not "planning" it, they're saving it. Its so when they can slate it and can do it, they can come at it the right way and not just announce a movie in 2013 before GotG for a 2022 release. Stop being stupid and have some damn sense.

He was supposed to be in the first GotG movie. Perlman wrote him in with a large role.
I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you that.

>early drafts never get changed, gunn and fiege have never altered early drafts before, they always stick to the first idea and never change ideas, why now?

this is you.

James Gunn said Warlock is his favorite character in comics. OF COURSE he'll be in GOTG 3. He's playing the "Can't confirm anything" card.

The sad thing is, Star Lord is an appealing movie character precisely because he's nothing like the comics.
But Nova fanboys think they are being cheated out of a 1:1 Nova in the MCU.
Really, what would a second helmet-wearing Earthman add to the GotG lore?
The answer is nothing. There's no Annihilous, the only thing that rescued the character from the trash-pile that was the New Warriors.

I want light space lesbian and bald space lesbian
Kitty Pride

They already race swapped characters but yeah I don't think they will gender swap.

Opening scene of young Yondu, Stakar and the rest of the OGuardians stealing a powerful artifact (Ultimate Nullifier?)

Ayesha has nearly completed work on her weapon/lover Adam (a Rocky Horror-esque beautiful idiot), but to finish him needs the artifact

The Guardians, fresh off the Infinity War, are universal celebrities who have drastically cleaned up the galaxy

Peter and Gamora are still struggling to express their feelings, some other arcs for the rest of the team involving love/romance/marriage/whatever

Ayesha hires Slykar and the OGuardians to retrieve the artifact, which had since been lost on some sort of super dangerous planet

Somehow the Guardians catch wind of this and attempt to retrieve it first, Indiana Jones-esque hijinks ensue as the two teams race to track down the artifact

OGuardians narrowly get there first (maybe because Gamora/Peter are forced to stop and rescue the other one) and get the artifact back to Ayesha, which she uses to turn the benevolent Adam Warlock into the destructive psychopath Magus

The two Guardians teams unite to take him down, destroy the Nullifier and turn him back into Adam Warlock, Ayesha realizes she's an asshole and the two live happily ever after

Yeah I know he said he thought his helmet was silly but people exaggerate his feelings about the character.

If anything to me it feels like he's not that interested in Rich and that he doesn't fit Gunn's Guardian narrative so he avoids using him. He did say that Marvel Studios was looking into Cosmic properties and that Nova might be one of them and since he's going to be the Cosmic consultant for the MCU he would know.

He said he wanted Peter to be the only human in space for the first two movies so Rich obviously contradicted that not to mention Rich was in the early drafts for Perlman's GotG (she likes him) but she dropped him because she wanted to streamline the story and then Gunn took over and did his thing.

Also what would you have Rich do? He needs an origin story as his first introduction and making him Xandarian would be shit.

It's also most likely that Rich will end up getting his own movie along with Quasar and whatever Cosmic properties the MCU has.

He won't confirm Adam because he hasn't even started writing GotG vol. 3 but it's more than obvious Adam is going to be there since he was in his vol. 2 script and he cut him from there. Also the after credit scene with Ayesha naming her pod Adam.