Injustice 2 got me interested in the lore of the Lantern Corps, specifically the Red Lanterns...

Injustice 2 got me interested in the lore of the Lantern Corps, specifically the Red Lanterns. Are there any volumes about the various Lantern Corps worth checking out?

read johns run, especially the lead up to blackest night, he goes into detail about every corp. Rage of the Red Lanterns and Agent Orange get some good lore about the emotional spectrum. Red Lanters even gets its own New 52 run which was suprisingly really good.

anything with Bleez

Is Johns among one if the better comic writers around? I always see his name mentioned.

Supergirls red lantern run was pretty good but start with Johns run leading up to Blackest Night.

A lot of people love him but a fair amount do not. I'm in the former's camp.

His GL stuff is pretty highly regarded, but anything recent with his name on it seems to get a lot of flak on here. I haven't read much of anything recent from him so I can't speak for that.

eh, he's a pretty standard cape writer. most of his stuff is just good, nothing is great and nothing is bad. Which when it comes to capes is pretty good

Yeah Red Lanterns are pretty cool, they used to not be able to make constructs because they were always Angry and my waifu Bleez is in there. Can do some Issues with Atrocitus when I get home or something.

He's pretty good, but I'd say the reason he's so frequently referred to is because he's one of the people that has broken/created more new status quo in the (relatively) recent period

What are some good Issues you guys want posted, kinda have a slight cold so I can't really think straight. Wanna do Secret Origins?

Soule's RL was damn awesome. Surprisingly emotional too.

Ratchet ;-;

Is there a trade that collects the 'birth' of Dexstar, and the rape and birth of Bless? I find their origins far more interesting than their continued existence.

not OP but I'd be up for that

>guy who shows up and does literally nothing has me interested in this

how and why

It would've at least made some sense to have him interact with Kara

I want her and Simon together so bad.

Not Atrocitus specifically, but reading up on the origin of Dex-Starr, and the Red Lanterns being powered by their hate. Sounded interesting to me so I wanted to seek out some stories.

Anything is fine.

Alright You got it.

Does Atrocitus have any unique voicelines with Supergirl? Although I guess it'd make more sense for her to interact with Red Lantern Guy

This is more of a Hal story rather than Atrocitus but it shows how he affected Hal being a GL. I also like in Flash point it's the book of the Flashpoint instead of book of the Black that Atrocitus talks about.

>ywn protect his smile
;_;

Thanks Lantern user.

Has anyone ever done a count of how many times Johns has gone back to recap Hal's childhood and watching his dad die? I'm guessing it's at least six.

Quite an emotional roller coaster.
Np, I still haven't done this one request an user asked me weeks ago since I've been busy ( Which is StarTrek/GL vol1 and 2) so might as well do one request for tonight.

He's loved by people who happen to share favourite characters with him (Captain Cold etc.), not a bad thing because that includes me.

Apart from that he's okay.

Even when John was a Marine, he's still telling other people he's in the Marines.

They legally cannot call it a green lantern book unless one of the criteria are met:
>Jordan watching dad die
>Jordan watching Abin Sur die
>Someone going over how all the big name lanterns have their own special form of willpower
>Stewart going on about that time he killed a planet, or that other time he killed a planet

etc

>>Someone going over how all the big name lanterns have their own special form of willpower
I actually like that. And someone should photo Shop Johns body on Cyke and instead of JEAAAAAAAAAAN its XAAAAAAAANSHIIIIII.

Man they really glossed over how awful his mom was

what did his mom do?

She got cancer
Everyone bald is a huge asshole
re: Kingpin, Atrociturs, Lex, Braniac, Megatron, etc

>Atorcitus
who

My mom would do the same and you have to remember that Hal left his family when he was 18 to join the Air force even tho he knows how his dads death affected their family.
She didn't talk to him even though she was dying, you should read the Storytime user its all there.

Well telling your son that he's never allowed to see you again even on your deathbed because he dared to go after his dream job seems pretty trouble to me

He can write GL really well. Hell he basically saved the series. The rest is very hit and miss.

Here's a handy list to get you started at the beginning of Geoff John's run.

I liked Earth 1 Batman, still waiting for Vol 3. Its a pretty fun Elseworld Story to read.

based Frank Laminski

oh right sorry
i thought he meant she was awful like she beat her kids in another comic or something

If someone can Link the DesuArchive, I actually did the whole Run.

Yes, but did you post the Mega link is the real question

Did not make a Mega Link since I am retarded.

Does DC have an established Cosmic section like Marvel does/did? Or it mostly just Lanterns, Martians, and Kryptonian remnants?

They used to print New gods shit.

cerealfags love him, Sup Forumsntrarians hate him.

He writes Green Lantern like he's tenderly fucking the pages, so Lanternfags generally like him pretty well.

wait
what is atrocitus and why was he in space super jail? all i know is that he's the red lantern corps leader

Nah, skip anything about Red Lanterns that doesn't have to deal with Dex-Starr.

They don't really use it as much, but there are things like Adam Strange, Thaanagar, Legion of Super Heroes, etc.

Alright so Atrocitus is this super old Alien ( Around a million - billion years old) where they still use Manhunters as the peace keepers of the Universe, the Manhunters go crazy and kills the entire Sector and Atrocitus is the survivor and 4 others and then he fucks this grotesque alien thing so he was able to learn blood magic and shit and then he goes to jail because of him being a terrorist bent on destroying the guardians with the 4 other survivors, its basically the Guardians fault like always.

It's expanded upon a lot in the red lanterns arc that came later, plus the rest of the build up to Blackest Night stuff.

Short version, he's a long-time GL villain who comes from sector 666 which is the one the Manhunters holocaust'd when they went crazy. Him and his creepy monster buddies were prisoners on Ysmault after the Guardians locked them up for reasons, and he eventually creates the Red Lantern Corps.

>he fucks this grotesque alien thing so he was able to learn blood magic and shit
that sounds hot. is it illustrated? also why was abin sur visiting space jail? are the prisoners psychic or something?