What an uneven film. Why is there hype about this?

What an uneven film. Why is there hype about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nofilmschool.com/2017/11/download-screenplays-three-billboards-shape-water-and-more-award-contenders
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fox Searchlight
they have critics and insiders on their paylist.

I genuinely have no idea. I liked In Bruges, I like Frances McDormand, I like Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson. I hated this though. It's so poorly written.

Life is “uneven”. Shit was great.

>poorly written.
You’re just being contrarian. Even critics that didn’t like it agree that it was well written. A shoe in for the screenplay Oscar.

It's shit. That bog nigger hasn't a made a decent film since In Bruge. Each film he makes gets progressively less funny and interesting

Great film fuck off, why cant we just acknowledge the good shit like this and acknowledge the shitty shitty fuck films like Disney's NuWars The Last Shiteye.

What did you like about it?

If you wanted an even film, you should have watched Four Billboards

If you make a film with no relatable characters at all you have failed as a filmmaker. In this I actively hated everyone, and not in a "love to hate" way, I just thought the were all awful.

>Why is there hype about this?

It's a "powerful" film.
It's a "significant" achievement in film-making.
It's an "important" feature.

Which social euphemism do you prefer? those are your only options.

I sometimes fantasize about making really pandering movies like this and becoming a really annoying progressive as an almost performance art

I do too, and I think it's normal too. I think it's just the desire to fit in and just be a general people pleaser.

It doesn't make it any less shit and right.

fpbp

and wrong*, oops

Fuck off. Everything is completely on the nose and made as obvious as possible.

It was so glib

>New Police Chief sweeps back his jacket so you can see his badge
I don't even have words for how much i hate this shit, if it wins of KoaSD i will flip

*wins instead of KoaSD

Killing of a Sacred Deer won't even be nominated. It's either this, Lady Bird or Get Out

CARLOS

This meme soy flick was liberal as fuck though, niggers were always depicted as civilized noble heroes and whites only as backward or goofy/evil rapists

In reality that rape crime would have been comitted by a nigger most likely as evidenced by statistics

>The assistant at the advertising agency talks about the Mexican guy delivering the money
>ha ha what a dumb bitch it was just some guy not a delivery man
>Later on we find out that Willoughby gave the money so we're expected to believe that he, what, found a Mexican man to walk the money into the shop? Either that or it was a delivery man who was a Mexican.
What even the fuck was this stupid film hek

>haha this is real cinema!11!!!!!
fuck off shill

Ok?

people got hyped because yms gave it a 10

>as if whites have never raped once
Back to Sup Forums faggot.. you are ruining my board with your asinine bullshit.

>Where do you think you are.jpeg

This is Sup Forums. We like things till theyre popular, then say we always hated them. Then when they stop being popular we call them pleb filters and say we were the only ones who always liked them.

I really wish I could see I love you daddy.

>implying i didn't like Billboards because of its politics
Its just poorly made

3/4 of those films suck and you can't even see the 4th one.

>A Canadian dog fucker gives praise to an emotionally insincere flick so the entire film reviewing hierarchy decides to like it
This seems like an unlikely series of events

Only one of those is good and its Farrell Kino

>Why is there hype about this?
because so few films are CGI shit schlock, that if something is even vaguely watchable, it's automatically branded "kino"

>We like things till theyre popular, then say we always hated them.
t. I've been here whole 3 months

>We like things till theyre popular, then say we always hated them
Only memesters do that

You retard, those were two different payments. One came from the mexicans. The one for the next month came from the sheriff.

How can you know that?

I watched the fucking movie, idiot. One payment happens. Then time passes. Characters acknowledge this passage of time by noting how much time has passed in their dialogue. Then Willoughby's letter literally says "the next month is on me".

He kills himself like, the next day. From what i could gauge the film took place maybe over 2 weeks at the most. She also receives the letter immediately the next day.

Dude... The black friend goes to prison for weeks. Mildred talks about 2 months passing by with no progress at one point. Pay attention when you watch films, jesus.

>The black friend goes to prison for weeks
This was literally not touched on
>Mildred talks about 2 months passing by with no progress at one point
When? I remember her talking about 9 months but not 2.

>Mildred talks about 2 months passing by with no progress at one point.
Try again. Not in the screenplay boyo.

nofilmschool.com/2017/11/download-screenplays-three-billboards-shape-water-and-more-award-contenders

Based Screenplay poster helping me win the argument

Imagine craving escapism this hard

I thought this deserved to win until Shape of Water.

Acting - Good
Directing - Woeful
Cinematography - Woeful
Score - Utterly terrible
Script - Heavily Overrated

>What an uneven film
>uneven
well i'm convinced

the amount of faggots on this board is truly astounding. Everything falls into the black or white logical fallacy for you people.

it's a good movie. if it doesn't blow everyone's sucks off that's ok. it's a unique film with some good humor and development. I really like peter dinklange

This is maybe, no, this is definitely the worst post I've ever read. Literally never post in my thread ever again you fucking moron.

this is bait

the real pleb filter is having negative opinions on three billboards and mother

this is more "pretentious normie" filter

no
it's very legitimately a mediocre film made by a british playwright with a very surface level understanding of american culture

I can only suspend my disbelief so much

>Main character assaults two children in public Infront of a bunch of kids parents, no repercussion even though the PD was looking for a reason to antagonize her and she is the town's pariah
>Sam Rockwell commits attempted murder in public and the new chief of police is an eye witness but he just gets fired
>Main character burns down the police station and nearly kills someone(who doesn't smell or feel a raging fire directly behind him) and would have been the prime suspect regardless, not only that but she is found at the scene of the crime and just let go

There just didn't seem to be consequences for anything. it undermines everything when it feels like there are no stakes. Add to that the fact that the main character is a sociopath (not necessarily a bad thing) who we're supposed to sympathize with. If she were a man her behaviour would have been considered pyscopathic, cruel and unacceptable but instead she's presented as a funny stronk woman.

I enjoyed it overall but I was ultimately let down given the hype and the potential it had. The performances were great all around and I particularly liked dinklage.

Also was the son gay?

I.Love.You.Daddy.2017.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

Its clearly a comedy user. People on this board will watch shit like dumb and dumber and tell them to turn their brains off but then watch a movie like this and point out all the logical inconsistencies as if everyone didn't pick up on them in the theater. This movie was about the characters and the situations.

I made it about two minutes into the film, to realize my assumptions of what kind of tepid middlebrow crap it is were correct, and turned it off.

Honestly I hate Fox Searchlight movies.

>really pandering movies like this

How do you feel it panders?

>He kills himself like, the next day.

No user

Do you think Dixon went into hospital with horrific burns and came out th next day?

Sometimes the passage of time in a film isn't just day/night/day my friend

this is a good pleb filter

>No user
Read the script buddy, Willoughby and his family are out by the lake --> Mildred gets the money --> Willoughby shoots himself. Thats how it flows in the film because its literally the same day. Then the very next day, Willoughby's wife gives Mildred the letter in which Willoughby tells her that he payed for the next month, I don't understand why she does this because none of the characters motivations make any sense throughout. But thats what happnes.

Feels like a bit of a cop out to me. Any good comedy still follows the x happens therefore y happens story structure. Dumb and dumber is dumb schlock and doesn't pretend to be anything more. When you're mixing your dark humor with clumsy social commentary I guess I expect a bit more . Add to that the clear attempt(and success) at effective drama and some suspense and I think it's dishonest to use the excuse that it's simply a comedy. Also the comedy bits with the 19 yo girlfriend were just bad.

>It was on a bookmark in a book about polio
>I mean polo!

Ughhh

Fuck off with this

I also hated the writing. The scene where Woody talked about his cancer may have well just had him stare directly at the camera and say “See, look, I’m a complex character.” Almost every argument ended with out of place violence. The writers had no idea how to escalate tension without involving a physical fight and I find that a sign of poor writing.

Yeah I absolutely don't understand the praise for the writing, except for the sequence where Woody committed suicide. Not a nice piece of writing, very insensitive but on a second viewing there are pieces that are oddly satisfying