Mortal Engines

youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38

Are you ready for car fucking kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, yes and yes!

did she really need binoculars with technology sound when you open them to see a tank city the size of a mountain?

I think the idea is she was trying to identify what city it is, but I'd think the two huge fucking lions and Union Jack on the front might be a hint.

At least the actors are not CGI, I guess?

>but I'd think the two huge fucking lions and Union Jack on the front might be a hin

clearly islamabad m8

Not enough cannons

What's even the point of a city chasing another city? Couldn't you just knock out their tracks easily?

The rules of Municipal Darwinism say you aren't allowed to do things like that. The bigger faster cities have to earn the right to eat smaller cities.

>rules
why does anyone care about that shit?

Because the alternative was extinction. They'd hunt each other into nothingness within a few years. Municipal Darwinism says if you manage to catch another city you absorb all of it's supplies and take it's citizens safely into your own. It's competition, not war.

Ah. I got through a couple of the books when I was around 10 so I barely remember anything. I think London used some superweapon against a city chasing them, is that against the rules?

You had me at
>Hugo Weaving

Yes, near the end of the first bookLondon builds a superweapon called MEDUSA and tries to use it to destroy all their enemies. But it gets sabotaged and blows London up

RULES OF NATURE

Nah too many niggers and some woman lead

I still don't quite get why every city getting chased doesn't just open fire out of desperation, but it makes a bit more sense now I guess.

Because even if they are eaten if they play by the rules they just get moved into a bigger city and start a new life there. But if you break the rules then your life is forfeit.

>filthy Anglos no longer sends their crooked teeth goons to colonize shit for England
>England now comes to you to colonize you at the comfort of your home

I'm in. Just imagine motorized Germany.

there are cities that roam around and just shoot smaller towns, they are pirates. typically they enslave the inhabitants

in municipal darwinism, the goal is to become the biggest city, by consuming smaller ones and increasing your own size. so they gobble up smaller towns, use their parts, and add the population to their own

why don't the small towns join them willingly?

Because they want their freedom and independence. To preserve their own culture.

Man I loved these books
>tfw the daughteru got BLACKED

>my face when Hester kills herself because Tom died

>America is totally wiped out
Unfortunate, I'm sure Detroit and Philadelphia would have been alpha predators in the future.

jesus christ this looks stupid...it looks like Snowpiercer all over again.

>"gas gas gas" playing softly in the distance

Because both movies advocate a survival of the fittest world view and that not all men are created equal?

I need this edit now.

>Mortal Engines

It's gonna flop because of the name. What kind of moron allowed that to happen?

what the fuck

What's wrong with the name? The city vehicles are treated like living things. Mortal Engines.

Yeah, so just call it Mortal Cities then instead of this retarded name.

So you agree or not?

>all that CG

At least it's something different for once.

Snowpiercer was great and the only reason you don't like it is because of . Snowpiercer is prime leftist butthurt material.

Do you suggest they build actual 2000 foot tall 2 mile across mobile cities?

meh

>do u suggst dey build actul moon-big killstar?!?!

Do you honestly believe the death star was to scale? Do you believe Metropolis built all those giant cities to scale? Do you believe the hobbits in the LOTR movies were actual hobbits? Things can be done without CG you underage faggot, and it wouldn't have that obnoxious CG look.

Answer the question. How would you do those shots outside of building an actual mobile city?

Even as a kid I would have thought this was fucking stupid.

Trash tier Euro sci-fi.

not him but surely you could use some detailed miniatures? it would be hard but look way better imo

You build the fucking city, but not to scale. You only need a relatively small model (pic related), then through camera work you do whatever shit you need.

>b-but how do you animate it?

Animatronics have been used for so much more advanced animation of biological creatures compared to just a few moving mechanical parts (youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU). You can use some CG for some parts if you really need to, but CGing everything is just a lazy cop out from doing actual work (it's not even cheaper, it's just that with CG you can change it quickly, with practical effects the director needs to have a lot of foresight as to what he needs) because modern audiences think this weightless ugly shit is ok (and chinks don't care anyway and they're becoming the main audience quickly).

>No cutie asian MILF sky pirate waifu
Why even live?

Looks like generic Dystopian YA plain jane MC crap. I thought it was better than that.

Disregard this user, there were no real agreed upon rules. Most cities are so large that no real ranged weapons can take them out. In the book London is trying to find ways to create some sort of antimatter weapon so they can just nuke other cities. In later books they manage to create an uplink with a satellite that launches an orbital nuke on cities.

The later books and also the prequels also establish the rules and culture of Municipal Darwinism and why those things weren't allowed.

Having not read the book, won't there be continual diminishing of resources? So London takes this little city, but if the world is fucked, surely no ones building any more right? So wouldn't the eventual end be no more prey cities and only a few big ones too big to hunt each other?

I have 0 interest in watching this

That is a major point of conflict in the series, the Traction Cities that have only known that way of life and and the Static Cities that realize moving cities are wasteful.

>"they don't kill the cities they just capture them and integrate the population"
>fire giant harpoons that would turn an elephant into mincemeat
>drag the city with force so that anyone inside would fly off their feet and crack their head open on the nearest wall

>EPIC NEW SAGA
3 movies? 6 movies? or will it be an extended cinematic universe they will milk for years?

4 books, 4 movies.

Just turn your brain off bro!

Dead art.

Ironically Lucas killed it with prequel green-screen technology.

>"I may have gone too far in a few places."

TFW you accidentally a whole industry.

Might as well be at this stage, so many fucking niggers, Muslim preachers and Quran quotes on buses.

It's Jackson, 4 books = 12 movies.

We need to fund this.

It's not the CGI so much as the cinematography. I fucking hate it.