Why does Star Wars attract so much obsession/insanity...

Why does Star Wars attract so much obsession/insanity? Is there anything else that even compares to it aside from religion? Not even horse girls (real horses) or bronies compare to this.

Other urls found in this thread:

usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/margaret-qualley-is-dating-director-cary-fukunaga-w482822/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if this bitch wouldve done it in socks i wouldve fapped

>Is there anything else that even compares to it aside from religion?
College football

How do I get cute STICC gf?

Mongrel America needed a national mythology

Be Asian
usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/margaret-qualley-is-dating-director-cary-fukunaga-w482822/

Does this exist with sound anywhere?

Elaborate.

it was worth watching for the cute doggo.

based cary

haha she's so funny and weird xd I wish she was my gf I think we'd be perfect together

reminder that she only fucks Chads

every girl does

but he's no asian?

is she dancing to gucci gang?

But I don't want to fuck her, I want to make love to her.

No Chad would stoop so low

Another white girl owned by the BIG ASIAN COCK!

Race traitor whore.

stupid

i can probably not fathom what a cunt she must be with my limited humon intelligence. but i want to see her titties.

rude

She looked so good in the Nice Guys

his dad is japanese but he looks really white

nice legs

yes

Im okay with this

>Directed True Detective
>Pls fug my waifu

is this what female autism looks like?

Whites just can't dance.

is she autistic?

See

Because it is based on a true story. George Lucas channelled ancient extragalactic history and put it on film. All of us know this in our hearts, even those who haven't yet come to that realization. May the Force be with you, OP.

He looks like he consumes a lot of edemame.

so who the fuck is that on that guy's pic

her boytoy

I dont think I really like any of the SW films, but what I do like is the feeling star wars gives you, its imagination fuel on par of the lord of the rings. I remember watching the original trilogy as a kid and not liking it but for some reason the world, the jedis, space ships, weird aliens, the empire, etc all got stuck in my head influencing my playtime and imagination

I would argue some political cults of personality are as obsessive and insane.

Are McDonald's hamburgers really that much better than other burger chains in the US? Is there a restaurant (chain or not) that is considered the best burger restaurant?
I wasn't raised on a lot of fast food and the only other major fast food chains here are KFC and Subway (Burger King exists but is rare).

No they're a joke imo.

Yes Democrats are. Good observation

post more margret

OMG IT WAS HER TURN SHE WON SHE WONS HE WON, SHE W*ONT HTE POPULAR VOTE!!! THIS MAN IS INSANE HE'S EVIL HE'S HITLER WE'RE ALL GONN A FUCKING DIE YOU FUCKING KK FASCIST RACIST NAZI FUCKS YOU FUCKING FUCKSK FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

Well, you can. Soon even in hi def.

NO DRUMPF
NO KAY KAY KAY
NO FASHIS YOU ESS AY

this but unironically

I think Harry Potter fans come quite close.
To channel Jordan Peterson (inb4 Sup Forums) Star Wars, the original trilogy anyway, simply gets the mythological archetypes correct. Even Lucas has stated that Joseph Campbell was a big influence on him. This is why many people latch onto it like a religion. What people really connect with is the archetypal story and characters. However, because most people do not consciously understand the archetypes they confuse their fascination with them with the surface level elements. If it was simply that people liked spaceships and lasers then every knockoff would have been just as successful, but they weren't. I remember something similar with LOTR growing up. I loved LOTR so everyone I knew were saying, "hey user check out this other fantasy book". It had most of the same element to it, forces of evil, elves, dwarves, dragons, magic, swords etc. and yet something about them usually felt off or simply didn't connect with me at all.

This is the reason why many are upset about the sequel trilogy. Disney seems to be focusing on Star Wars being "fun" and having x-wings, deathstars, lightsabers, the force, and all the surface level elements of Star Wars. Yet they seem to be devoid of that underlying mythology that drew people in to start with. By devaluing the heroes success in the original trilogy, it basically devalues and attacks the fundamental archetypes of the original trilogy. That is what causes outrage and backlash. While the sequel trilogy may still have these archetypes present, they are not as "explicit" or map onto them as well as the original trilogy. Instead of having the logical continuation of the mythology of Star Wars, they tried to start their own new thing. Even though most people could not articulate what the net logical move is, they can still tell when something isn't the next logical move.

giv sticc gf