Does anyone like these characters?

Does anyone like these characters?

I do, but I resent them because they take away from Garnet's screentime and characterisation

I like Sophie

Rebecca Sugar does.

Yeah, it really does feel like once Ruby and Sapphire were introduced, Garnet wasn't really allowed much characterization that didn't somehow involve fusion.

opposites attract is such a sucked out trope

also I'm pretty sure everyone expected some really deep romance between them but no they literally just jumped into each other, wtf

I fucking hate the design of Ruby. It's like a midget hippie with afro and headband.

Sadly.
I know right?

Peri the hottest gem

I like them as an example of a destructive, codependent relationship. They're both borderline morons who can hardly stand to be apart for more than a few minutes. They are a shining case study of how horrifically fucked up gems are as a species.

Although somehow I doubt that's what Sugar was going for.

>destructive
In what way?

Not that user, but what he basically means is that their relationship is toxic. They barely care about anything but each other to the point where they have no other traits but their relationship. Then when they are apart and argue they drag everyone else around them down.

I like Ruby

I like them. But, like Garnet, they have some shitty voice actors

Just a tad. I just hate their type of relationship, it's just unhealthy.

Sapphires VA is good and Estelle is getting better, but Ruby's fucking sucks. I don't understand how she got any job, but she's on SU and We Bear Bears. She must give good head

They're, sapphire is best

It'd be nice to show them actually being able to function being apart, nobody likes the couple that is so overly in love/attached to each other it ends up being a nuisance to those around them

I find a lot of the voice actors in SU to beā€¦kinda bad. Just the way they sometimes delver their lines in an unintentionally flat way is just uncanny sometimes. I've listened to animated youtube videos with better voice acting than some of these characters.

I feel that they probably hired them as singers first and then voice actors second.

I like Sapphire but mostly because of her design.

Garnet seemed mysterious and cool in the beginning of the series, but like many others have pointed out, she seemed to lose a lot of character when Ruby and Sapphire were introduced.

I guess the message is that if you're lesbian that makes up your entire personality.

>I feel that they probably hired them as singers first and then voice actors second.
Then why the fuck can't Amethyst or Steven sing for shit

Amethyst hasn't been given the opportunity to sing songs about Purple Dinosaurs, so give it time.

I dislike them and I dislike Garnet.
With Peridot ruined I think the only gem I like is Blue Diamond now.

I think Steven's VA has did pretty great in episodes like Adventures in Light Distortion and Stuck Together honestly.

I hate the show in general so stop posting about it

What shows do you like? We should probably have a list of acceptable topics so you don't feel triggered.

>Implying that they hired well

It's just a theory of mine.
I can't even remember most of the songs in this show. They sound completely different from how I envisioned them to sound like from the lyrics.The wrong emotions at the wrong times etc etc But that's personal taste honestly.

I said most, not all.
Though Steven's VA just makes me think of shinji

Those cyclops tears will never not be disgusting. Looks like she has a runny nose.

I'm glad you asked

I like:
Archer
MLP
Gumball
Clarence
Teen Titans Go!
Star Vs
As long as any of these shows are on the catalog and NOT SU, that would be fantastic. I expect you to do your part.

They're probably the most bland and underdeveloped characters in the show.
They also really need to chill the fuck out regarding fusion.

i liked em when I thought ruby was a guy..

This. I miss Garnet as her own person so much. I want her to have a development arc all her own that isn't about fusion at all.

They didn't fall in love right at that moment. It took centuries for them to be as strong and together as modern Garnet, as the earlier choppy Garnet design represents. They just had an attraction to each other.

The episode just showed you the start. It's not going to go through centuries of romantic build up.

>Teen Titans Go!
You gotta be 18 to use Sup Forums.

>Garnet says they should split up
>Steven gets super pumped thinking they're going to fuse and disappointed when Garnet says no
Jesus fuck that made my blood boil more than it should. It's like the Crewniverse knows that these things bother people but instead of fixing them, they poke fun at it. Like the inclusion of pumpkin dog as an obvious way to poke fun at Jasper being missing from the place most of her fans wanted her.

*Ruby and Sapphire are going to unfuse

>strong
>literally only fusion to be objectively shown to be weaker than a single gem

I don't think she would have beat jasper if that reactor wasn't there. At the very best they were matched. Meanwhile a fusion of a literal failure and a halfbreed that still can't figure out half his powers TROMPED that same gem.

Not only is she a shit character, but she is a shit fusion. Objectively worst gems in all their forms.

I like Sapphire, her voice is beautiful and her design + personality appeal to me. Ruby's alright, I don't like or dislike her.

At this point I really wish Garnet wasn't a fusion and Ruby & Sapphire were entirely separate from her. It would be better for all of their characters.

>opposites attract
>both characters are absolute shit
its amazing how the show took a dive in quality as soon as they showed up
not only are they both bad but they ruined both garnet and pearl with them

I was talking about their bond and the strength of how together their fusion is compared to others we've seen you autist.

>they ruined both garnet and pearl
Pearl didn't need anybody's help, she's always been shit

yeah but now she is a rapist :\

>Pearl
I don't want to fucking hear about Pearl. They managed to take an arc that should have been both about Garnet and Pearl development and made it all about Pearl and her insecurities instead. Everything is about Pearl. Only Pearl can have the important relationships and mysteries.

Rubies are cannon fodder and Sapphires are aristocrats, of course a fusion of those qualities wouldn't beat a literally perfect soldier

That pales in comparison to attempted murder. Or attempted manslaughter, if you prefer.

Steven is one of the strongest gems just like Rose was. He just hasn't realized his full potential yet. Any fusion with him is going to be very powerful.

once they started shitting pearl they couldnt stop
nothing in the show is planned user, pealr may have tried to kill baby steven first in a timeline but consider the timeline of how the episodes aired instead

I watch Archer while drinking so I think I qualify.

Sapphire is fun to the point that I wish she was her own character and not just "half of Garnet", especially because in reality it comes across that all of the good Garnet moments and lines are from her side, while all the annoying parts of Garnet are traits Ruby has.

Fusions in general are inconsistent. At times they're their own being (Sardonyx especially is this) and others it's just two characters talking in one body. Garnet has become the latter since the reveal.

I get the feeling Stevonnie has some crazy strength we haven't quite seen yet. I could definitely see SU doing a thing where a fusion with a human is actually a boost instead of a detriment somehow. Same with Steven's half-humanity.

Yes, they are cute

Underage drinking is bad too.

That pissed me off too. The scene in Friend Ship where Pearl is blubbering and Garnet has to comfort her and give advice to her is ridiculous. Pearl did a shit thing to Garnet and she never fully owned up to it. Ruby talked about how she didn't want Garnet to be the bigger gem this time and in the end she was the bigger gem, like she always is.

I meant before, in one of the season one episodes.
Technically, Stevonnie is physically a Spess Mehreen but extra heretical.

>and she never fully owned up to it
Explain.

Not that user but the first thing she tried to do was act like it never happened, then when she was finally forced to deal with it she immediately made it all about her. Pearl can go to hell.

They haven't been good since the episode they were introduced.
Of course, that holds true for almost all the characters, and even when it doesn't, it usually is with a margin of error of 1-2 episodes.

I like Sapphire too much.

Hopefully, the other Sapphire sticks around too. They are easily the most qt type of gem.

Wasn't the whole point of that episode was Pearl trying to make up for what happened in Cry For Help?

She looks like a Minion.

Seemed to me like she was trying to avoid dealing with what she did, she thought catching Peridot would make everything ok and didn't consider how Garnet might be feeling at any point.

Dykes.....and thats it really

A sexy minion

They don't sell my juice at places freshmen can bum some Bud Light off of a bum.

Are you hitting on me?

A cute minion.

Ruby's ok, I guess. It's harder to find cute fanart of her because tumblr artists take the whole "bunch dyke" thing she has going on and then dials it up to 11. Art that makes her just look like a tomboy is the best, but more rare than ultra-dyke Ruby.

No, she was doing that to appease Garnet, to make up for what she did, so that things would come back to normal.

I sure as hell don't. They're non characters. Their only thing is how goddamn in love they are with each other to the point where they literally cannot stop fucking each other. It's goddamn sickening.

at first i liked sapphire. now i disliked them both of them. ruby as a character and va are insufferable on par with sadie.
they are co-dependent but not in a good way, if the stakes were high during the baseball game, they wouldve all perished due to being grab-ass and couldn't keep composure for at least a quick game.
it also cheapens garnet as a character of her own. she is obsessed with herself now and more prone to violence. s1 garnet >>>> current garnet

This is true. Pearl is shit, but the show didn't turn to shit until after ruby and saphire showed up. That's when Garnet stopped being interesting as well.

I do, because I want to be in an icy hot threesome with them, culminating in them fusing on my dick.

That's exactly what I said? She was doing that to avoid talking about what she did, and she still didn't think about Garnet's feelings at any point. She just wanted things to go back to normal without actually acknowledging what she did.

Pearl made it too much about herself. Her being sad and lonely and jealous of Garnet's 'perfect' relationship is an explanation of her actions, but it shouldn't be an excuse. She should have done more to acknowledge what she did was wrong. Garnet felt taken advantage of, the show didn't do enough to assuage her feelings IMO. It ended up being more about Pearl's feelings than Garnet's which bothered me.

>She should have done more to acknowledge what she did was wrong.
Like what?

I call dibs.

Ah yes, the "it was totes rape" episode. Fuck Garnet. Fusion isn't that goddamn important and she was an oversensitive cunt. Pearl was in the wrong too for giving that much of a shit about fusion and also she's so goddamn annoying with her shrill voice, but Garnet's entire thing is fusion and nobody gives a fuck anymore. Honestly, fusion ruined this fucking show.

>Fusion isn't that goddamn important
It is to her, and Pearl knows that. Pearl was 100% in the wrong.

Fine. I hope you like getting double cucked.

>But it was to her
And she needs to get the fuck over it. Garnet was wrong too. Pearl should've gone all the way and called Garnet out. Instead she pussed out like a bitch.

Garnet fusion was ok. But episodes after peridot moved to barn was horrible

I didn't plan for that.

>Called her out
On what? Seriously, what could Pearl possibly take the high ground on in that situation?

Same fucking stone

Whaddaya mean 'same fucking stone'?!

They're technically cousins. It's only an iron deficiency dictating the hue of the gemstone.

No they're extremely obnoxious, they're like a teenagers unrealistic fantasy of what a lesbian relationship is like

They unironically pissed me off a lot when they ruined the baseball game in ''Hit the Diamond'' because they thought flirting with eachother was more important than (from their perspective) saving Peridot's life

It was the most fun part. Other part of episode was crap

the Rubies (not including garnet ruby) were the best part

Nigga the Rubies were never a threat and Sapphire knew it, when she was with Holly Blue she kept up her act perfectly

>letting homeworld know where Peridot is when, as far as you're aware, Peridot is a wanted fugitive
>not a threat

I just want to melt her insides with my steaming, sticky affection.

the logical explanation is that they care about Steven, Pearl and themselves but not Peridot

>letting homeworld know where Peridot is
Would that happen before or after the Rubies had their asses handed to them? Baseball had literally no effect on the outcome of the situation and Sapphire knew it

Garnet was way better when she was a ridiculously cool and funny aunt figure to Steven, now her entire personality is just muhfusion.

if they just beat the Rubies away then the Rubies would clock there was something in the barn and report back to homeworld

And besides that, if her future vision foresaw this she could have told the others instead of knowingly giving them a heart attack because their flirting was oh so kawaii

>Fusion ruined this show.
This. It's been so overused that at this point you expect two characters fusing at any climatic event as a deus ex machina. There was a time in the show when everything was about fusion and everything was solved with fusion. Thank god they moved on from that.

>knowingly giving them a heart attack
Nobody gave a shit, what are you talking about? Steven did a little but that's about it

On a side note I find my attitudes towards the gems pretty much lining up with Peridots, two gems being fused all the time would make me uncomfortable too

Don't know if this is because Peridot is somehow the most realistic character in the show or I am an autist on tier with Peridot.