Was he really all that ugly? Sure, he was a ginger with brown eyes and was a manlet...

Was he really all that ugly? Sure, he was a ginger with brown eyes and was a manlet, but his face is symmetrical and he had a pretty good jaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

forebears.co.uk/surnames/kovacs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's just a slavic descendant.

well my mistake.
forebears.co.uk/surnames/kovacs
apparently Hungarian or Romanian (Transylvania) but if we except the language, it's pretty much the same thing.

He didnt seem manletish to me but I havent finished watchmen

Well he was poor so by women's standarts yes he was ugly.

In this kind of old drawing style where everyone has a nice jaw being ugly means being average Irl and good-looking God-like(like for example Ozymandias)

He's 5'6". I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but he wears elevator shoes, which are for men who want to increase their height by a few inches with their shoes because they are insecure.

Ginger, ears too big, son of a whore, small.

I actually think the fact he was portrayed as ugly, was more to do with his actions then his portrayal visually. He was supposed to be the contrast to Ozzy who was this perfect human, but in the end Ozzy's personality and actions make him a uglier person. Where as Rorsach I remember back on more fondly, based on his ideology and morality being pure.

Halfway through the book where they did that backup-interview with Ozzy where the interviewer is basically describing how perfect Ozzy is. I noticed that Rorsach and Ozzy were supposed to be in direct contrast to each other.

maybe Rorschach just hate whores but actually like prudish, conservative and religious womens?

While we're on the topic, was Nite Owl a Jew? Dreiberg is very jewish but it's never brought up.

Probably not insecurity in Rorschach's case as much as it's keeping people off his trail.

Whoa, thought this was Question for a second.

Well his dad was in banking and was disappointed when Dan didn't go into it as well. So has the stereotype down.

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a question knock off.

Everyone has heard this but DC didn't want Moore using Charlton characters so Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were originally Question, Blue Beetle and Captain Atom respectively

How was nite owl blue beetle?

Well they have literally the same ship, to start

I think he would just respect the latter but not sure he would allow himself to like a woman that way.

Even then if he were to form a relationship with a woman and started to like her that way, the moment she would kiss him he would think her a whore. So she would have to be a nun and forever unavailable to him.

That said Rorschach is incapable of forming any healthy relationships of any kind, much less with women since his mother ruined them for him.

Then again he's pretty polite to Laurie in the beginning up until she gets involved with Nite Owl then it's him being pissy and him suspecting her of orchestrating Manhattan's exile to Mars and just being an ass.

He could have been a non-practicing Jew or a person of Jewish descent who wasn't Jewish, they exist.

He is supposed to be below average looking, just look his ears, the whole point of his reveal its to show he was some nobody, with a lot of defective features like being a manlet and a ginger.

>rorschach's pure morality
are you forgetting that he's a far right nutcase or is that part of what you like about him?

Rorschach is not pure, he's prudish and more conservative but he's anything but pure.

Legacy crime fighting nerd who relies on his gadgets and has a giant ship (Archie is basically The Bug) who later retires for whatever reason and lets himself go (although I guess fat Ted came after Watchmen).

In the comics he suspects Laurie because Manhattan gets accused of giving people cancer and then he leaves and then Rorschach sees Laurie with Daniel and he finds it suspicious. But he does tell her after she rescues that it's good to see her in uniform even though he never liked her in uniform with an added "no offense"

The movie however plays it a bit more like Rorschach being upset that Laurie was the one that brought Daniel out of retirement (which is a sour point between Rorschach and Dan because Rorschach hates that Daniel quit). He also makes comments about it in the movie that weren't in the comics. Like he only tells Daniel that he's happy to see him in uniform (but not Laurie like he does in the comic) and then snappishly tells him that he should've known it would only "take a pair of legs" to motivate Daniel to which Laurie yells at him and then they start arguing until Daniel just shuts them up.

Also the "you've been lazing around" speech (before the awkward handshake scene) gets an added "You've gone soft. Especially with women" line in the movie.

The movie had a lot of problems but IMO it went really in depth with Rorschach and Nite Owl's relationship.

I meant it as morally pure as in morally consistent. English is not my first language, but I thought it would be like pure alcohol is 100% alcohol. So if he is "pure" he's consistent and 100% set in his believes morally. That's what makes him pure. That might not be the way it works in english, but that was my intention in using the phrase "pure".

It's his ideology that makes me like him, it's his ability to compromise not even in the face of Armageddon.

If you kill, you are evil. Ozzy murders innocents, he is evil, Rorschach doesn't he is morally pure. Ozzy is the ugly person inside because of his actions, while everything about Rorschach is ugly (believes,looks), what's inside is pure. If that makes any sense?

>all the bad things about gingers
>goofy ears
>piggu nose
>never cared about grooming himself

He doesn't like women at all. He could never get it up for any chick.

I doubt it. If he was Rorschach would've brought it up.

were there any instances where Rorschach was blatantly racist? His gripes were only ever morally charged, not ethnically iirc.

meant to attach this, a clear example of him not even addressing race, just degeneracy.

How can Rorschach be racist when he's actually a full justice psychopath who never did anything aganst innocent.
he's "racist" against criminals, that's not because he's republican and anti-commies that he is automatically racist.

he considers some innocents degenerate (like his landlady) but never hurt them.

Ginger males are always ugly.

>If you kill, you are evil.
Are you talking about Rorschach or your own beliefs? Because Rorschach killed lots of people. And he was a hypocrite since he defended Comedian who was a rapist and a murderer, both crimes Rorschach killed others for.

The Comedian know what he did, it's basically for testing people.
being a huge douche to wake up your heroic side.

Maybe. He never brought up Silk Specter being polish, even though she shouts it from the rooftops.

Doesn't he not bathe at all

He only puts perfume, even steals Dan's

That's correct, Rorsharch and his filthy apartment are described as smelling awful

Maybe the art style didn't convey it, but I think it was stated (or at least heavily implied) that Kovacs/Rorschach didn't really take care of himself (especially after he snapped).

you know he even respectfully addressed her as Ms Juspeczyk after she corrected him. Not like immediately, but he first called her Ms Jupiter and a couple issues later he referred to her by her actual last name, out of what Im interpreting as a courtesy.

He's pretty respectful of Laurie until he thinks she might have orchestrated Manhattan's exile.

In the movie he was much bitchier towards her.

> t. Moe Syzslak

He was a big supporter of the atomic bombing when he was a kid, I think that was put in to show that he's ultimately a hypocrite.

I think at some level he realized this and couldn't deal with the contradiction and why he stood his ground for Manhattan to vaporize him so he'd die not compromising his ideals.

Moe is supposed to be Italian apparently.

His face is pretty ugly but his body was bangin' other than being short.

Ozzy is an extreme utilitarian, arguably as unwavering as Rorschach. From his perspective he had two choices, let human civilization be destroyed in a nuclear war that would easily kill hundreds of millions if not billions or kill the population of one large city, the choice was obvious to him based on his beliefs, no compromise required. His drive to do the most beneficial thing for humanity as possible could also be described as pure.

He's not horribly ugly but he looks old for his age.

Why not just cut the fabric?

yes give your opponent the opportunity to break your arm and steal your knife

Not really. Isn't he 45?

What happened to Hooded Justice anyway? I know he just went missing but surely his fate was implied somewhere in the book.

Killed by Nite Owl

Is it bad that I agreed with Ozzy and was quite happy when Rorschach got vaporized?

Comedian either hunted down and killed him; said he have the last laugh when HJ stopped the rape, Rolf Mueller's (presumably, if it was really his secret ID) body was found shot in the 50's.
Or he after quitting due to HUAC, he went off the grid to be gay with Captain Metropolis (faked his death).
Before Watchmen isn't really canon, like the movies.

No memeing, but we may actually find out in the big DC and Watchmen crossover

I don't buy it. The Comedian was a weird sort of character, but I don't see him holding a grudge for so long only to shoot the guy.

He probably didn't go out of his way. Hooded Justice had ties to elements that the government didn't like, so the Comedian probably just got orders to 'deal' with him, and chose to botch it in a way that was satisfactory to him personally.

since when was rorschach 5,6? I can't remember anywhere it mentions his height and he looks pretty tall in the comics, also I tried to find his height online and I can't see a mention of it anywhere.

To be fair, he only said that because one of the few details he could glean about his father was that he liked President Truman.

Reminds me of Ed Hurley in a way

my favorite super hero.

When he's caught it's revealed that he is on lifts.

>far right nutcase
>>>/leftypol/

never really understood what did killing that guy achieved

Yeah. I like how they buzz-sawed through his wrists in the movie.

It says in the second panel.
Fatso's entire body, then his forearms through the bars and wrists are an obstacle and out of reach.

Long face, tiny ears, tiny eyes, puggish nose, thin eyebrows, receeded hairline, droopy mouth. This is why he's ugly.

yeah but killing him just leaves his body there. if anything its even more of an obstacle because if he were alive he could at least lift his arms up so they can reach the lock or even wriggle free.

For intimidation you twat. His 'job' involves scaring people and not being 5'6 helps with that.

He could clean up nicely, but the point is, he would not. He's a smelly, creepy weirdo, who's insecure about sex and sexuality. Some sort of /r9k/pol/ hybrid.

Is it wierd that If im personally doing a profile of a character I'll try to find which Sup Forums board(s) they would browse?

Yes, that's stupid as fuck and you should feel bad.
inb4 you get defensive
You asked and I gave you an answer,
faggot.

t. ignorant idiot
Yes, his dad was into playing with shekels

He isnt far right. He isnt a fucking neoliberal you ignorant idiot.

And any moral system can be PURE

I know for manchildren this is hard to believe but normal people doesnt believe the same when they are kids as when they grow up

It's retarded.