Dirk Gently

Season 2 is meh so far, should I keep watching it for her?

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/television/1746219/elijah-woods-dirk-gently-tv-series-has-been-cancelled-at-bbc-america-no-season-3-happening
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7DNKXm1gk
twitter.com/alicialutes/status/945022401519140864
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

she looks like bailey jay

Really enjoying john hannah and alan tudyk
chief tyrrol from s1 was gold though

pleasantly surprised with s2 thus far

she was the qt bitch sister in accepted

I didn't expected much from this show first but oh wow, it's so weird and original it surely was a surprise. It seems so tough to adapt these books into a series it feels like so fantasy-ish, even The Hitchhiker Guide wasn't this weird imo

RIP in peace
>we'll never ever see the rest of project blackwing

since it's cancelled does it end with a conclusion at least? im only on ep 2

the main story arc of this season concludes nicely but you can tell this is just the beginning in the overall story

That's sad. shame it have to die but overrated garbage like Walking Dead still goes on to this day

Found it really hard to get into because the character from the books (if I remember correctly) always seemed to be essentially scamming people with his weirdness.

is it really over after s2? shit

It'd be nice if Netflix could pick up the show under their wing like they did with Trailer Park Boys

cinemablend.com/television/1746219/elijah-woods-dirk-gently-tv-series-has-been-cancelled-at-bbc-america-no-season-3-happening

I haven't read the books, but that doesn't phase me. For all I care, they could have called it John Toughly's Bakery. I don't understand what the point is with making adaptations if they don't stick to it. I guess it's a licensing thing, where they're afraid of being sued for plagiarism or whatever.

The show was whacky and sometimes really cheesy and ridiculous in S2. But I didn't mind, because that's what they were going for I guess. The only thing I disliked was the overdone "quirky" character, especially his "Britishness".

The first time they tried in 2011 it looked like a Sherlock clone and cancelled it after 4 ep. BBC really sucks

What's more important, Sup Forums?
Being in charge or doing the right thing?

>the overdone "quirky" character, especially his "Britishness".
very true unfortuately
the actor was quite likeable but they should have left out every other massively overdone "quirky" joke.
The humor and weirdness of the situations more than make up for any of the unsubtle comic relief.
Any time dirk and todd meet rimmer and his bald weirdos and they're just yelling questions at each other because neither side understands what the other is doing had me in stitches.

I'd munch on her burgerbush if you know what I mean

she's cute, but i wouldn't watch it just for her. i mean it's not like anyone's really slutting it up. it's not that kind of show

Hannah has maybe the best arc this season, so yeah

turn subs on for this bitch, she's actually saying shit

whoa. bart was marzanna right?

>tfw no wendimoor gf

>implying that Bailey Jay looks bad

Yeah.

Incubus - The Rowdy Three
Icarus - Dirk
Marzanna - Bart
Lamia - Mona
Moloch - Old man in coma

Max said on twitter there was a chance Netflix would be interested if the series had good numbers, so he urged everyone to watch it on netflix. But that was before the sex assault claims, and apparently Bright sequel is now moving on without Landis involved at all. So who knows

If you want another season watch it on Netflix today, I don't think many people watch the show but there's a chance Netflix will pick it up from BBCA

I wish they got someone else to play Dirk, really think it was miscast which is a problem for me seeing as he is the main character.

I hope that shit doesn't make a difference, with only about a quarter of a million people watching it on TV, Netflix could get fuckhuge viewing figures on it, especially internationally.

i want to support assault victims but now my favorite shows are getting fucked up :(

>Implying the allegations are true
>Implying Max isn't the gayest man who ever sucked a cock

Yeah season 2 is better than one in my opinion, unless you are a Sup Forumstard who gets triggered by the gay stuff.

Problem is Max Landis probably won't be hired because of the recent sexual scandals and he's the reason the show is as good as it is. He writes most of the episode and the ones he doesn't he has a heavy hand in. It's pretty rare for US show to have a show runner who has this big of a role in a show.

to be fair the allegations against Landis are so fucking petty and ridiculous it's hard to believe anyone is taking them seriously

Heres a quick rundown on what he's been accused with

>"One of the worst parts about Max Landis is that I have encountered numerous times at various places and he never remembered me. One time even introducing himself to me and trying to act all buddy buddy." - Some Twitter person

>"I worked in an LA comic book shop and Landis was There for a show. He had one of those big honking clown horns. He kept honking it and generally being a self important trash boy." - Some twitter person

>"I knew him personally for a few years because an ex was his best friend. His mistreatment of myself, other women, and his ex girlfriends resulted in the dissolution of my relationship as well as my ex’s friendship with him. I know many, many women with accounts (several being good friends of mine) of his sexual abuse, misconduct, manipulation, coercion, and assault.

>Hell, he violently shoved me at a party once when I tried to stop him from harassing an ex who wanted him to leave her alone." - Anna Anaka

>The worst part is that fucking screenplay he wrote being all like 'I forgive you for being ignorant about what sort of person I really am' and I thought, what a fuckin' piece of irony, I'm apologising to you because I know exactly what sort of person you are - H Bomber

>A year ago I went to a Halloween party that Max Landis was co-hosting. I just so happened to have completed a screen-accurate Rey cosplay with some rather meticulous attention to detail. He took a selfie with me and posted it to Twitter saying he liked Rey better as a man. - Some twitter person

>"Here is a conversation I had with Max Landis days after my ex assaulted me, where Max told me that I "choose" people who abuse me." - Molly "Future Wife of Kylo Ren" McIssac.

Max needs to come out of the closet and put these "accusations" to rest

jesus christ, landis

Max is a big guy

So if I think Max is a tryhard hack and hate predictable comedy that throws in "le funny joek/gag" not because it's inspired but because it's expected of the audience (and they laugh because they wanted to and needed the joke to signal it), will I hate this show?
I like Wood, but everything else about this show is telling me it's not for me, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe I should go check out Wilfred instead.

Watch this clip, see if you like it (minor spoilers, but this happens early in s1 so not much a big deal)

youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7DNKXm1gk

4u

It is the last season so may as well finish it. It is pretty trippy, that's about it. The first one was inspired, the 2nd is nothing like it.

take a shower you dirty fuck

So, what would you do with a magic wand?

the accusations have no base and are just "a friend of a friend said this" and so on, hes spoken before about how he was an ass to women and treated them like shit cheated on them etc, but never assaulted them

>mfw sjws think he's an asshole to all women because he told a girl who'd been beaten up by her partner to stop finishing for sympathy on social media and instead get actual support and help from close friends she can trust

Yes. I thought it was meh too, but stick with it and it'll get awesomer by the end.

>chief tyrrol from s1 was gold though
I totally didn't realise this was him until he dropped the silly voice in that scene where he killed his ex-wife

some girl was bitching on twitter because she didnt get invited to his Halloween party, and when she turned up anyway, he told her to go away and she started slagging him off.

not a bad actor at all

>when she turned up anyway, he told her to go away and she started slagging him off
welcome to 2017 where this is news-worthy "harassment".

found the tweet twitter.com/alicialutes/status/945022401519140864

>tfw no Tina Tevetino gf

her and todd should have gotten together. farah is too much woman for him

>five day sober-ish
best waifu

I knew these guys looked familiar..

Sherlock & Mr. Priest would be such a great buddy cop movie.

i like the subtle implications that she was taking people's drugs at traffic stops in exchange for not charging them

>Tfw no blackie fu
Fucking season 3 needs to happen reeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

It was implied she's bi.
I think she should've gotten with that pink scissors fellow.

that guy was super gay tho