What does Sup Forums think of Megamind?

What does Sup Forums think of Megamind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dy2zB8bLSpk
youtube.com/watch?v=BRaKIakzPB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It really had style

Garbage movie. Like 99.9% of dreamworks movies.

It was quite good.

G O O D M O V I E
I love how they started playing it on cn more

fucking based

Explain

Thought it was really good actually. It seems Dreamworks is at their best when their putting spins on genres, like Shrek with fairy tales, this and superheroes, etc.

K I N O
Even the spic dub is god-tier.

was expecting total trash
was pleased when it was 6/10

I remember liking it a lot.

Pretty great. Good voice acting, animation was good, and the story was entertaining. Really liked the "Showmanship" scene.

Sup Forums's really high on this movie from what I've seen.
Personally I thought it was below-average, then again I loved The Croods so it's probably just me.

>Liking The Croods
Terrible taste

It was a good babies-first-capeshit.

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. 8/10

A perfect example of how bipolar dreamworks quality can be.

For every Megamind or Kung Fu Panda we get, there's always a Shrek 4 or a Turbo to counter it.

I liked it even though the trailer spoiled a lot.

I really liked the movie, but kinda wish Metro Man stayed dead.

Best scene, imo
youtube.com/watch?v=dy2zB8bLSpk

I went in expecting to love it. I really, really didn't.

It's a world with only 5-6 people in it, the morality is unbearably ham-handed (he's only evil because people see him that way!) and the whole thing smacks of Shrek-esque "we think we're waaaay smarter than we are". It's not a bad movie by any stretch, just a deeply, distractingly flawed one.

And saying that Incredibles was better feels like a cop-out... but it totally was.

Not a masterpiece by any standards, but still pretty good.

Wish the girls role was reversed kind of like how all the other characters. I liked the idea of the role reversal

>the morality is unbearably ham-handed
Oh, yeah, it is pr-
>he's only evil because people see him that way!
Apparently, not ham handed enough. Seeing as you missed it.

Well that's what the studio as founded on,given that the founder was an animator from Disney who got shafted and left

In what way?

Nature vs nurture? Not judging people by their appearance? People pursuing their dreams instead of being shackled to the roles society imposes upon them?

Why must Dreamworks be so inconsistent?

No, Megamind is treated like shit because he's a troublemaker. It is only after he betters himself that he is accepted. Because, being a shitty person is what makes people dislike you.

The blame lies on himself, not the people around him.

I must have missed the message of self-improvement given that the only people he ever interacts with are his sidekick, his love internet, her sidekick, and not-Superman (for all of two scenes).

He tried to be nice and when it didn't work out like he hoped and they punished him for it, he decided NOT to be nice since they didn't seem keen on letting him be nice even if he made mistakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=BRaKIakzPB0

Tighten = MAN OF STEEL (2013)

Metro Man = SUPERMAN The Movie (1979)

Mega Mind is unheard of

>"I'm going to be nice by bringing in literal explosives to school!"
Said no nice kid, ever.

I brought fireworks to school, that counts as an explosive, and I actually did say it was going to be "neat" which is just another word for nice. And it wasn't explosives, he brought a little robot suit for minion and his death ray binky. Which if you noticed malfunctioned, thus making a nice spectacle into a bad event. The explosion you're remembering was made from house hold cleaning supplies and all it did was paint everyone blue.

>Mega Mind is unheard of

Megamind is a spin on Lex Luthor, a super intelligent bad guy that would probably do good for humanity if say... the goody too shoes was gone?

Well, shiet. Anyway, the point is more like kids are punished for messing up even when it isn't their intention.

Scenes like this one is where the self improvement stuff seems to be more clear.

>All your gifts, all your powers and you squander them for your own personal gain!

People begin to like him when he stops being a little shit who uses his talents for his own amusement and instead begins to be the good guy. They don't choose to give him a chance, nor see him through a new lens. He literally changes what he does to earn their adoration.

MegaKino

Ahkshully!

My only real complaint is that they should have had more villains and hero's mentioned. Metro Man and Megamind were the only two shown, so who's Megamind going to protect the city from?

That's a constant problem with kids films, that's why I just watch commercials.

Character design was unsurprisingly kinda gross and weird.
Plot, character, and growth were surprisingly good.
Entertainment value was surprisingly good.