Earth One: Yay or Nay?

How much of the Earth One line is actually worth reading? I've heard Superman Vol 1-3 are pretty crap, but I've heard good things for Batman. I read some of Wondy, and it was a pretty good take on the origin. I'm a fan of The New Teen Titans Vol 1, if that is any indication of how much I'll like the Earth One Titans book.
My only concern with them is that they seem to be edgier takes on the heroes for the sake of being edgy. Any input as always is greatly appreciated

WW is the only one I honestly liked. I read Batman and Superman but I don't remember either.

WW was the worst of all the Earth One books

Its ultimate meets old earth 1. Notice how non earth 1 chatacters don't show up.

Flash (Barry) and aquaman are next.

My humble opinion

>Superman E1 vol 1
Okay
>Superman E1 vol 2
Pretty bad
>Superman E1 vol 3
Better than vol 1 but not "good"

>Batman E1 vol 1
Okay
>Batman E1 vol 2
Pretty good

>Wonder Woman E1 vol 1
Pretty good

>Teen Titans E1 vol 1
Pretty bad
>Teen Titans E1 vol 2
Pretty badder

tl;dr TT is bad, don't read it. WW is good so far. Batman is also readable and pretty good so far. Superman is a mixed bag.

And if I had to rank it

WW > Batman >>> Superman >>>>>>> Teen Titans

If Morrison doesn't shit the bed on the next one WW will stay on top by a smidgen

>Batman without white eyes
And right into the garbage it goes

They're all pretty good Elseworlds apart from Superman. The grim, mopey tone just reminded me too much of the DCEU, though the cat story did make me well up a bit.

It's kind of disappointing that this line f books is bad. I thought the whole point was to be the "All-Star" line successor, but at least All-Star had one great title

Batman>Wonder Woman>Teen Titans>>>>>>Superman.

Oh, I get it.

Can somebody besides the guy I'm quoting tell me if E1 Supes is actually bad or is it "Mark Waid having a tantrum in the theater because not muh" meme bad?

The plot is just really vapid, this Clark is pretty much emotional ridden and irrational, and the villains are either underwhelmingly written or just dumb.

It gets worse in the Lex Luthor volume because they're meant to be smart but act like fucking morons.

So here's the thing about Superman EO.

Volumes 2 and 3 are fine (although the way Luthor is done is just kind of weird)

But volume 1 is terrible and not just because it's identical in tone to Man of Steel.

In the plot of this book, when Clark moves to Metropolis, he doesn't know what he wants to do for a career, right? So he goes around somehow getting interviews at all the most prestigious jobs in town. And I'm talking science labs, trying out for the fucking NFL...

..and he uses his powers to impress the interviewers.

And he doesn't have the glasses disguise yet.

And the next day, a villain who looks like Tim Burton designed him, imagine NuBo with mechanical angel wings, shows up on Earth and does what Zod does in MoS, broadcasting worldwide demanding Kal-El come forth, because his people destroyed Krypton and tracked the last survivor to Earth. And that's when Clark becomes Superman for the first time, and they have a big public smash-up fight, so you'd THINK some of those scientists and businessmen and NFL people would recognize the motherfucker.

And at the end of the story, Clark decides to wear glasses and gets hired by the Daily Planet because during the fight, Lois and Jimmy's bravery trying to get the scoop impressed him and now they're his role models or some shit. And the thing is, he got the job by writing "an exclusive interview with Superman" and the comic even prints the whole interview and it is TERRIBLY written.

>Volumes 2 and 3 are fine
>fine

*Creatures of the Night intensifies*

They're inoffensive. They just kind of exist.

That actually sounds pretty good and it seems like an Identity Crisis case where Sup Forums just gets autistically stuck on some irrelevant nitpicks.

In Volume 2 Superman incites a coup in a third world country.

...What part of it sounds good to you?

Was it the goth kid villain?

user, that's not even subtle.

I'm not baiting. That's another frustrating thing about Sup Forums. Has the highest frequency of bait accusations over things that are obviously sincere of any board.

gargle my gonads nigger

People wouldn't think you're baiting if your taste wasn't so genuinely terrible that everyone assumes "there's no way this guy can be serious when he says he likes that garbage"

Identity Crisis is good.

Earth One was a fucking mistake and everything in it is garbage

You're welcome to believe that if you want.

But the vast majority of people will think you're baiting if you say it. You need to learn to accept that you're the one who is the weirdo.

munch on my mound you monkey

Nice alliteration.

honestly it had potential

Alfred is based in Earth One though

>Clark not bothering to hide his powers is an irrelevant nitpick

>Flash (Barry) and aquaman are next.
Probably not.

JMS said in a tweet a while back that DC hasn't contacted him again about it and Manapul has been working other stuff.
With Milestone being canned, DC seems to be placing less faith in OGNs and putting them on a the backburner.

Nice try, shill

WW is the only good one, unless you're a SJW.