Chinese romcom EX-FILE 3 earns 3x as much as THE LAST JEDI on Saturday

OHNONONONO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xDPWjqE_Ho
forbes.com/sites/robcain/2018/01/06/4-key-reasons-why-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-a-catastrophic-flop-in-china/#4396f3c66d04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ex gonna give it to ya

Is that romcom good?

kek

Hollywood better hop on that cinese romcom bandwagon.

taken from another thread before some faggot says "B-BUT A BILLION ISN'T BAD":

>Going by another Disney-owned property that had a huge hit first time around, the difference in budget between Avengers 1 & 2 was approx 36%

>That would be the equivalent of TFA's $306 million budget becoming a $416 million budget for TLJ, which sounds a little high, so let's say the budget is only 18% higher, that would make the budget for TLJ $361 million which sounds more realistic

>With that budget, an average cost of marketing a blockbuster comes to $100 million on top of that, with making merchandise adding another $150 million (bear in mind TLJ toys are pretty lackluster, either exactly the same as TFA toys, or the new characters just don't sell shit), and one more $100 million to distribute worldwide

>That puts the entire movie at a hefty cost of $711 million. Now take away about $200 million AT LEAST for the money they make from merchandising, and that means Disney need $511 million back to make their money back from this movie.

>Disney did the sane (but greedy) think of saying they would take 65% of theatre takings. Accounting for what it's made so far, Disney have made their money back and a profit of $218.3 million

>But compare that to the cost of TFA, along with the profit from merchandise and bigger box office take, TFA made a profit of at least $1 billion

>movie about a Chinese woman being blacked does poorly in China

Unpossible

Thala-Siren is not impressed

I thought it was a Chinese chubby boy getting blacked. Are you saying the film is not nearly as progressive as I thought?

Is EX-FILE 3 kino?

THE CHINESE DON'T LIKE STAR WARS. WE GET IT YOU AUTISTIC FUCK. STOP POSTING THESE THREADS.

What is Chinese Cinema like?

Looks like generic mid-2000 young adult comedy youtube.com/watch?v=0xDPWjqE_Ho

in 2 years EX-FILE 4 is gonna earn 4x as much as episode IX

What happened to big name Hong Kong directors? What WKW up to nowadays, for example?

ROSE YOU USELESS BITCH!!!! DIDN'T GET US THAT CHINESE YEN!!!!!

i fucking wish we had generic romcoms again, that is a past that will never come back, same with generic action movies... or just generic movies in general, everything is at the extreme these days, either bloated several billion dollar movies or the most several billion dollar movies that are made to look like b-movies.

That looks good, I honestly want to see that.

LOOK ME BROTHA MUH GIRLH AND YOU NO BUISNESS

How will niggers ever recover?

The problem is I bet they were planning to use the extra money to fund future shit. All they've paid for now are the Solo reshoots

its a vietnamese woman not chinese

if it was chinese it would have been banned

CHINESE RACISM IS JUST A MEME THEY DONT CARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE RACIST ARE WHITE PEOPLE

Fuck the mods

the budget for promotion in China would be even higher than that

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2018/01/06/4-key-reasons-why-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-a-catastrophic-flop-in-china/#4396f3c66d04
>Contrary to what some movie analysts have written, this is not a failure of marketing. Disney pulled out the stops for its Episode VIII release, partnering with leading cinema chain Wanda to create a “Star Wars Art Zone” promotion in 110 multiplexes nationwide. A traveling event visited eight malls in the top seven box office cities. Disney held a red carpet marketing event in Shanghai with writer-director Rian Johnson and star Daisy Ridley. It established marketing tie-ins with Pepsi, Samsung, Renault, Alibaba and its Youku streaming platform. It placed multiple Last Jedi posters in nearly every cinema across the country, and ran The Last Jedi’s trailer before almost all the movies that played in December, including the blockbuster hits Youth and Ex-file: Revenge of the Exes.

>Indeed, every moviegoer in China was aware of The Last Jedi’s arrival. Most of them simply didn’t care.

>Disney did the sane (but greedy) think of saying they would take 65% of theatre takings.
I thought that only covered the first (up to) 4 weeks

They should be thrilled their mediocre movie is doing even this well.

>EX-FILE 4: The Feminist menace

BASED AS FUCK

And if the theatres didn't adhere to this rule, Disney would take 70%

You think they're going to kill off Rose in the opening scene of Ep. 8?