>"I am a Jedi, like my father before me"
>contemplates murdering a child
Checks out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU
youtube.com/watch?v=7cxoq8G1-CI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LUKE, put that sword down, your milkies are waiting!

>"I can forgive a 50 year old war criminal who mowed down millions of jedi, including young children, because anybody can be redeemed!"
>Your nephew is thinkin' about being bad again
>"HAN GET THE FUCKIN' SABER"

>I live in the shack on a mountain top on the planet of Ahch-To. My name is Luke Skywalker. I'm 64 years old. I don't believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my lips are a bit dehydrated, I'll walk down to the cliffs of my sacred temple island and milk the breasts of my Thala-Siren. I drink the breast milk while doing Force Projecting, I can do a thousand now. After I drink the breast milk, I use a log to jump across the cliffs to get away from a Mary Sue named Rey and mope around that I failed my nephew by trying to literally murder him in the dark, (it runs in the family). Then, suddenly change my mind, and actually train her. Then walk into her trying to have hand sex with my evil nephew. Then tell her we're done training. There is an idea of a Luke Skywalker, some kind of abstraction that existed in the Original Trilogy, but there is no real me in Rian Johnson's Star Wars. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my outraged gaze, and you can shake my robotic hand that I didn't even have in the previous movies, and feel what Rian Johnson considers flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our one dimensional characters are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

NO UNCLE, NO!!!

Murdering younglings is a Skywalker tradition.

Do you think Rian appreciated the meme potential of episode VII when he set out to rape the series?

lel

>Directed by NayNay Pilgrims

save this

>gets tricked by Obi-Wan into joining a terrorist organization, killing about a million people, and trying to murder his own father
>Obi never even tells him the truth, he finds out all of this from Darth Vader, right after losing his hand
>the only woman he ever loved turns out to be his sister and hooks up with his best friend
Luke had more reason than anybody to turn to the dark side.

There's no way he didn't get a little evil when he had time after the war to stop and think about what happened to his life.

The OT is set over like a couple years

If he had time to think he would have done it then

Bear in mind the whole Kylo turning bad thing happened AT MOST 5 years before TFA

Ten years, it’s implied his turning evil is concurrent with Rey being left on Jakku

Kylo and Rey are the same age tho, how does that-

You know what the writing has been garbage for ep 7 and 8 i won't even question this shit anymore

Jake is more an hermit than a Jedi. He didnt even have a lightsaber anymore.

>His smile and optimism: Gone

ITS GOOFY TIME

I don't want some new female Mary Sue slut, I want muh OT male Mary Sue cuz he was my hero when i was 7.

>Mark Hamill
>not Mark HamilK
uuughh

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DEX'S DINER NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID YOUNGLING

WU TANG, NIGGA

>Luke is a Mary Sue
He literally needed his ass pulled out of the fire in every conflict of the first 3 movies.
Name ONE time Rey has needed help besides when Finn picked up the lightsaber (which is invalidated when she BTFO Kylo immediately after)

Luke drinking milk out of a fat titty monster was the most surreal retarded, unneeded thing. Not even the normies in the theater laughed at it.

>Name ONE time Rey has needed help besides when Finn picked up the lightsaber

When she's completely helpless before Snoke and Kylo has to save her?

he wasnt a marry sue

have you seen STAR WARS?

It's bait.
Saying Luke was/is a Mary Sue is a deflection tactic when ST apologists have their backs to the wall.

Didn't even see the film but it sounds like they were going for an enlightened sage image in the traditions of daoism, Indian buddhism and shinto buddhism. Even characters like Merlin are accounted as doing strange and humble things like drinking from puddles and eating shit.

They absolutely weren't, Luke was portrayed as the furthest thing from an "enlightened sage."

youtu.be/Kj3opk1QFTM

Oh. Huh. I guess that’s true

Indeed

A sage doing something humbling is usually contrasted alongside their wisdom, strength or power, and it displays that they've transcended petty concerns about their ego.

Luke's portrayal was just a broken old man who didn't give a fuck how much he was humiliating himself.

Kek

>Luke is a Mary Sue
>Gets kidnapped and almost eaten by big foot.
>Manages to escape only to be almost killed in the snow.
>Goes to Dagobah to train.
>Has his impetuousness displayed and torn down by Yoda.
>Gives into his impetuousness just as Yoda surmised he would.
>Goes to fight a real Jedi.
>Gets overwhelmed and maimed.
>Loses the weapon Obi-Wan gave him.
>Has his entire life's story flipped-turned-upside-down.
>Falls down a huge chasm and is left clinging to a satellite antenna thing for dear life, helplessly cradling his wound and crying out for help.

And this is all one movie out of three.
He needed to be saved at least twice (three times iirc) in A New Hope. He was fucking humiliated at the end of Empire. And he was helpless before Palpatine in Return of the Jedi.

jedi are corrupt hypocrites throughout the entire series, works for me desu

seems hamil is the only one who never got this

>a child
For the last time Kylo wasn't a child and currently just a manchild.

Here here

youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU

>like my father before

Actually it does check out

>protect the galaxy for over 1000 generations
>get fucked up by Sheev, the most powerful Sith Lord in history, during an era of stagnation
>just trash it lol

and how well did they protect it? (leave EU shit out if this)

the only time we see the Jedi being the prime and only military authority is in TMP, and they sent 2 guys to save naboo from invasion.. how did that work out?

the naboo and the gungans had to raise up and fight and die themseleves for freedom

then the jedi council shows up to hold a victory party...

The fuck? Kylo's actor is older then him. lmao "child"

>and how well did they protect it?
We don't know the details, but the fact that the Republic was still there after 1000 generations is a pretty good mark in their favour.

and what proves those 1000 generations were actually good?

you've been consuming jedi propoganda bro

also what happened after naboo? did they uncover sith lords nefarious plot? noo they literally do his bidding for the next 25 years plunging the galaxy into total war and building the framework for the empire

yoda knows.. that's why he destroyed the temple

>i am a child murderer, like my father before me
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y

Yeah, people saying Kylo was a child at the time are the same types who insist on calling Trayvon Martin or Micheal Brown "children"

WAKEY WAKEY BEN

Kylo is like 30 and Rey is 19-20.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cxoq8G1-CI

TLJ shills, you have TEN seconds to explain this away

>Luke senses a grain of sand of good in the ocean of evil that was Dark Vader
>Who has butchered children by hand and caused the deaths of millions
>Luke is willing to risk his life to redeem him

>Luke senses the roots of corruption beginning to take root in his young nephew planted by the evil being Snoke
>Plans to murder him in his sleep

It's beyond awful

>I'm a child murderer, like my father before me

>Plans to
He ignited the lightsaber without even thinking, he said himself it was instinct that he wasn't going to act on but by that time Ben already saw and got (rightfully) freaked out.
Snoke probably had something to do with it considering it was implied he was already messing with Ben by this point.

Luke Skywalker. Hero of Yavin Four. Saviour of the Rebellion. The Last Hope of the Jedi Order. Dirty Hermit. Milker of Alien Titties.

thats some turbo mental gymnastics

Learn what buzzwords mean before spouting them.

The same instinct Anakin had for killing kids was passed down to Luke.

Wasn't going to act on but he didn't just ignite his lightsaber, he also raised it so he could strike Ben with it.

Wasn't that just in Ben's version of the story?

Okay, everything this poster said,
Here is the explanation you're looking for, except for the part about where it's implied Snoke was already messing with Ben. It wasn't implied, it was outright stated. Luke breaks down what happened verbally, he didn't come into Ben's room literally planning to kill him, he wanted to talk. When he looked inside Ben he got a glimpse of Kylo Ren.

Who killed his own father and was personally responsible for the destruction of Luke's New Jedi Order. Luke literally says this, "he would bring destruction and the end of everything I loved and for one second I thought I could stop it."

It's not.
It's wholly within character. Luke has always been this way.

Even when he wanted to redeem Vader, he wouldn't tolerate any talk of Leia being turned to the Dark Side. He almost killed Vader for fucking with him like that, but he didn't. And one movie before that, when he thought his friends were in danger on Cloud City he left Dagobah and flew off into Vader's trap like a dumbass only to get his ass beaten and maimed, and he barely contributed to his friend's escape from Bespin in doing so. As a matter of fact you could argue that by needing to be rescued himself he kept them there longer.

tl;dr impulsively acting on Force premonitions (and just generally impulsively trying to stop bad things from happening) is not only totally in character for Luke, but Anakin too.

You know what they say, "Like father, like son."

Hi there, Rian.

"HEY BEN WANNA SEE MY NEW JEDI ROBE AND LIGHTSABER?"

>he understood the movie
>he must have written it LOLXD

I would have preferred a lighter interpretation of Luke too, but don't act like it's out of character. It's perfectly valid even if it's not what you want.

I mean like he did almost kill own father.

You mean Ma Hamilk?

Because defeating someone in an open fight after being masterfully triggered by the other is the same as trying to kill someone in their sleep, amirite?

>image from Bens twisted version
>forgetting Ben was in his late 20s when he saw Luke
0/10

>The man who got his hand chopped off is a Mary Sue. The mean who couldn't physically save his father and has to burn his remains is a Mary Sue. The man who lost 3 teachers (most dangerous job in the galaxy?) is a Mary Sue.

>Luke's answer to mega space hitler is talking every time
>Jake's answer to his nephew having morally ambiguous thoughts is to consider murder immediately
>jake totally is Luke bruh

three?

He's basically a man-child anyway at this point.