The SJWville

Anyone else addicted to this show? Never paid it even a moment of interest because it's clearly marketed as just more puerile Seth MacFarlane dreck but it was free on demand here recently and it is so much better than I ever would have given it credit for. It's maybe 15% comedy and 85% serious, on the level of Star Trek, when ST was actually worth watching.

I think this would be a major case of a shitty marketing campaign hurting a genuinely good series.

That's how seth had to pitch it to fix, as a comedy. They wouldnt let him do a serious star trek adaption so he fooled them thinking it would be mostly a comedy

I unironically like this show. It's actually redpilled if you pay attention to episode 3 and the one shitting on plebbit.

>the one shitting on plebbit.
That's the one I'm up to right now. So far, that's really been clever but it's also interesting that reddit pissed off someone so much that they actually wrote this episode.

This is Seth Macfarlane power fantasy: the show.

The fact that he chose to be cucked in the first episode shoulnd't go unnoticed neither.

It's weird to me that that would be your take on it. He seems to be the biggest turd in the show. The other commanders outperform him, his wife actually cucks him more than once almost causing him to lose his mind, overqualified crew joined his ship because they felt someone like him would need all the help he could get and according to one episode, his ship and its entire crew was actually killed because of his haplessness.

I mean, him putting himself in the show in this capacity is the worst thing about the show but you do start to warm up to it when you start to appreciate all of his inherent flaws as a captain.

I don't like the aliens boyfriend. When I heard his planet had 1 gender I assumed they just live solitary lives. Anyways weird how it feels a little bit better finding out he was actually born a girl, feel bad for the baby though.

Because instead of shitting on reddit it can be seen as an allegory for mob rule in general.

He's always been a Trekkie. I knew from the start that he at least really loved that he got to do this.

Take note that Klyden, Bortus' mate, often exhibits typical female personality traits, so the sexual reassignment surgery is obviously less than 100 effective..

>Reddit
A points based system has been talked about to death in fiction and China was in talks about doing something three to fours years before this episode aired

If Klyden is such a bitch, how is Bortus the one who got pregnant?

The points are 100% controlled by the people though. It's an upvote and downvote system and if you get too many downvotes, you have to go on an apology tour where you pretend to be sorry for things.

I like the Orville, but the episode Nosedive from Black Mirror did it so much better.

I like it too. I like this idea of comic characters within proper storylines. It lets you get involved with the story, while the characters actions give it a comfy lightheartedness.
Definitely one of the comfiest shows on tv in years, maybe since X-Files.

Trannies can't get pregnant

>SJW
>the crew is anti-gender reassignment for children

show you don't pay attention. it actually explores ethical issues, like good Trek did

its obvious their all male species is something that's unnaturally enforced

they probably only conceive with medical intervention

I liked the practical effects

Honestly that episode changed my opinion on issues surrounding intersex kids and the options before them.

I also really like how they handle some of the comedic aspects. When they return with the female Moclan and the proaescutor gets all pissy, I love Ed's "First off, you've been a huge dick all day." Trek always has this tail between the legs attitude that I never quite liked.

>a tiny girl is physically strongest member of entire ship complement
>gay couple who are married and have a child
>an entire planet comprised entirely of gay Black men
>two commanders, one male and one female, and both are Equalâ„¢ in power and competence
>female Black medical doctor (one of the best chars desu) but she's a single mom who don't need no man and raises two boys on her own
>that one episode that's about the race that eliminates all females for being inferior and a hindrance to society, then it turns out their god is really some lady hobo in the mountains and they're all "wow.. that really made us think..."
>Black human retard is actually the smartest man out of everyone according to test scores but he only pretends to be retarded because being smart is boring to him

What else am I missing?

>What else am I missing

For starters, a large amount of justification and context for these things.

>>a tiny girl is physically strongest member of entire ship complement

physically strong, but all her storylines are literally based on her insecurity

>>gay couple who are married and have a child
>>an entire planet comprised entirely of gay Black men

they are essentially forced into this by thier culture, one of them was force gender reassigned.. when it came to their child none of the rest of the crew approved of this

>>two commanders, one male and one female, and both are Equalâ„¢ in power and competence

Mercer is the captain bro

>>female Black medical doctor (one of the best chars desu) but she's a single mom who don't need no man and raises two boys on her own

and her boys are total shits probably destined for the hood, and and only start improving when male role model Issac comes along

>>that one episode that's about the race that eliminates all females for being inferior and a hindrance to society, then it turns out their god is really some lady hobo in the mountains and they're all "wow.. that really made us think..."

Uhm, the jury ruled to reassign the child, they failed. I assume they're holding out for a followup story on this anyway

>>Black human retard is actually the smartest man out of everyone according to test scores but he only pretends to be retarded because being smart is boring to him

Yeh hes a typical nigger, just wants to get be lazy and drunk and shit.. the white people realize how he can be actually productive and make him do it..