G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #240

G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #240

STORYTIME

This only got ripped a day or two ago, so I'm only getting around to storytiming it now. Anyway, let's read it.

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

Letters page

And that's that.

Actually a pretty decent cover.

I wonder if this character is going to stick around long term.

Nice page.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT?!

> this was an actual toy from the 80s.

lol

> even after all these years.
> after dying TWICE in this series.
> Dr. Venom still haunts this freaking comic.

> Dr. Venom lives again.
> for a third time.

OMG!

Granny didn't do all that by herself, did she?

>Spirit and Roadblock vs. a tank

This is a nice setup.

Well that was awesome.

This might be the best battle scene in a G.I. Joe comic in years.

Is he supposed to be invisible or some shit?

Dr. Venom really is the biggest S.O.B.

Someone save that mad scientist from that dead mad scientist!

D'aww.

This is going to end poorly.

Except not really obviously.

Can anyone tell me, if I liked the classic Hama Marvel series, is this one up to the same standard?

For a guy who never had a figure or anything, Dr. Venom keeps slithering back like a bad penny.

Nice Snake-Eyes drawing there.

Not quite, but it's still worth reading.

Is he the most important character that didn't have an action figure back in the day? He's got to be unless I'm forgetting somebody.

>Mambas in the sky

Nice. One of my favorite personally owned toys, back in the day.

I was just thinking exactly this line of thought when he first appeared earlier in the issue.

I love how Hama in the IDW series has made sure to include so many of the old school vehicles from the 80s toy line.

Makes me nostalgia bladder exasperate

I wish they'd remake them.

I'm just glad this series is so faithful to the old school G.I. Joe, because otherwise Hasbro has no idea what the fuck they're doing right now.

Yes, him and Kwinn. (I guess you could include Scarface, too.)

They showed up in year one, when there were only a handful of characters overall. Hama had no choice but to create characters to fill out there stories.

Billy also showed up in year one, but he was still a little kid then.

Firefly ever come back? I haven;t read any of this run since it hit IDW? I know they made him into some super ninja for a bit towards the end of the Marvel run.

Imagine if Cobra Commander figures out something's not right with Mindbender because he puts on a shirt.

Firefly showed up a while back, back in his original uniform, with no reference to him being the Faceless Master of the Koga Clan, he was working with Crystal Ball and taking on Joe Colton, the original GI Joe.

They actually created the Baroness in #1, just so Cobra would be more than just Cobra Commander and nameless soldiers. She went on to appear in the cartoon from the start, got a toy, and became one of the most popular characters.

So I’m gonna start reading the original Marvel series. Planning to read at least all of Hama’s work over the years. I have a question though, are the Hama books published by Devil’s Due/Image canon to the original Marvel series and/or the current IDW series? I don’t particularly care about canon as long as the books are good, but I was just curious about it.

thank you, user

I believe he has said the Storm Shadow series is. There's no reason why the GI Joe: Declassified miniseries wouldn't be, as well.

GI Joe Frontline #1-4 doesn't really fit between the Marvel & IDW series, but it's worth reading anyway.

Thanks. I downloaded everything I found, gotta organize all this stuff now.

NOTHING Devil’s Due/Image is canon.

heh

If Hama considers the Storm Shadow series to be canon, then it is.

GI Joe: Declassified served as a prelude to the Marvel series, don't know if Hama still considers it canon, though.

bumping for others

Last time Venom body-jacked someone (Billy) he basically came right out exposing he was the evil Doctor alive again didn't he? Curious as to what he does this time round.

That would be clever.

Or because he's less interested in dental hygine.

Their personalities are quite different. Dr. Venom is a lot less bombastic and a lot meaner. Someone who knows Mindbender well would probably be able to tell.

So apparently Larry Hama went to a convention in Bangor, Maine this weekend, and only one person showed up to his Q&A session.

I'd drive all the way to Bangor for a 1 on 1 with Hama.

That doesn't even make sense. Non-canon means non-canon.

>only one person showed up to his Q&A session

for fuck's sake

Who told you it was non-canon? Hama himself has declared the Storm Shadow series is canon.