How good are the Flash Rebirth issues?

How good are the Flash Rebirth issues?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flash-1987/Issue-1?id=8862
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are so good that not only will every disease and ailment you have will be fixed, but you will have a greater understanding of the universe and be sexually satisfied for the rest of your life.

Oh.. Thats great to hear. Theres so much time that i don't read a comic that i almost forgot what they are.

How are the Superman and Batrman ones too?

Pretty by-the-book, casual-friendly comic.

I think it is aimed at people who like the TV show and see Rebirth as a chance to jump in the comics.

It's not bad, but it won't be really recommended in the future.

It's mediocre like most of rebirth

I'm kinda confused now

Might as well give it a try then, but to me it's actually not very good at all.

It's only been 10 years of dreck but I fear Flash comics may never be good again.

I liked the New 52 issues and loved the first
rebirth

Well, gonna read a bit and see it for myself

it's called subjectiveness
Read it and see if you like it

I guess you might like it then. It is kind of similar to new 52 level.

>I liked the New 52 issues and loved the first
>rebirth

New 52 included the worst Flash run ever and Flash Rebirth ruined the Flash franchise. So if garbage is what you like then keep on reading.

this looks like that drawing of an Afro-american and a Native american hugging each other crying

What you guys think of Comicstorian?

He has a playlist with all the rebirth issues

It was the first comics that i've ever read. And i did it because of the first season of the show

What are some good flash comcis?

Venditti was not worse than Bart's run as Flash.

Not all of new 52 was complete garbage. Did you stop around #30 or so? That was when the passable issues stopped.

Vol 2 starting after COIE is where most of the best Flash stuff is though, specifically the Waid through Johns stuff (#62-225) with the Flash family, creation of the speed force, and reemergence of the Rogues (though Flash v2 #19 is probably the best Rogues issues period). My understanding is that Barry's stuff in the bronze age is generally ok too but I haven't read enough of it to give you a specific chunk to go through.

In order of quality:

Mark Waid's The Flash, volume 2, #62-129, a break for Morrison's run, then #142-162.

Grant Morrison and Mark Millar's The Flash, volume 2, #130-141

Geoff Johns' The Flash, volume 2, #163-225

William Messner-Loebs The Flash, Volume 2, #15-61

Basically just read Flash volume 2. The entire thing is quality for like 15 years until they try to get rid of Wally. The exception is the Baron run from 1 to 14, which isn't much to write home about.

If you came from the show then you probably just want to read about Barry Allen. Downside is there's barely any good Barry Allen books unless you really like silver age/bronze age crap.

>Venditti was not worse than Bart's run as Flash.

Yeah it was. At least Bart's run was mercifully short and the concept wasn't horrible from the outset with trying to move The Flash mantle onward. Venditti Flash has literally no redeeming qualities or concepts and the art is a dozen times worse.

Barry in the show isn't much like any comics speedster anyway so if he really wants something like that he'd be best served reading the tie-in comics to the show.

>Flash Rebirth ruined the Flash franchise

But Flash Rebirth gave us one of the greatest memes of all time.

Lots of shitty books have funny memes in them.

I thought that you guys loved Rebirth

So i start from here:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flash-1987/Issue-1?id=8862

Everyone loves Rebirth though, so 4chans gotta Sup Forums.
That said, the Flash Rebirth is okay from what I've read so far. It's a little on the nose at times I feel, and some conflicts are a little drawn out, but it's a good read.

Flash Rebirth would have been forgivable if Johns had been able to write his run and follow up on it properly. But he wasn't. I also don't think GL Rebirth is any good on its own (just a continuity cleanup) but it led to SCW so it was worth it.

Yeah.

I suppose so. Like I said, Baron's 1-14 aren't particularly good. Only #1 has a pretty recognizable story and even in that Wally's an unlikable dickwad.

If you want to skip to the Speed Force stuff you can start right at #62. Waid kicks off his run with a year zero origin story.

There's also The Life Story of Barry Allen if you want a synopsis of the silver/bronze age written by Waid. I'd read it right after #100.

There's 2 Flash Rebirths.

The original Flash Rebirth by Geoff Johns is an ungodly garbage dump of a comic forced into existence by higher ups who couldn't give a shit about comics. It ruined The Flash so badly that it still hasn't actually recovered from the mistake.

The current Flash Rebirth run that followed DC Rebirth is a competent if kind of boring Flash run. Safe as safe gets. If Williamson keeps it up for another 20 years he might be the Dan Jurgens of The Flash.

Thanks guys

Important thing here. Read #0 after #94. #0 is maybe the be single Flash issue of all time and you'd miss it out just blitzing through the comic.

I think we should call the second one Rebirth Flash just to avoid confusion.

Fucking DC

As a longtime Flash reader I'd agree with this. Not bad, but it's kind of journeyman work that people won't remember too much.

I don't think the quality of the orginal Rebirth is that bad. I hate the retcon involving the dead mom/prosecuted dad which has unfortunately infected all Flash media ever since, but the story itself is fine.

The mom killing retcon is literally the entire story. The Speed Force retcon was awful. Every character was massively mishandled.

It's a bad book handed down by editorial mandate. Despite leading into a relaunch Flash sales immediately disappointed because no one cared. Amusingly, most of its popularity came long after it it was on the shelves as newbies got funneled towards it and assumed that was the epitome of Flash stories.

is there a shortlist for good comics with the reverse flash?

not a huge fan of the flash but the reverse flash is one of my favorite villains.

I think its just Wallyfags being bitter

His Flashpoint oneshot was great

No official shortlist, but I wrote up a list of his signficant issues a while back.

Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne)
Flash v1 #139, 147, 153, 165, 186, 225, 233, 237, 275, 281-283, 321-325
Secret Society of Super-Villains v1 #12-15
DC Comics Presents #1-2
Flash v2 #72-79, 146-148, 223-225
Flash: Rebirth #1-6
Blackest Night: Flash #1-3
Flash v3 #7-8, 11-12
Flashpoint: Reverse Flash one-shot
Flashpoint #4-5
Flash v5 #19

Normie stuff.

> Rehashes Wally stories to pass as Barry ones
> Godspeed is knock off Zolomon
> Button is filler
> NuWally
> Iris being a bitch
> Random love interests

It's not Venditti tier but it won't stand to test of time. Very Manapul desu

Neither the artist or the writer understand how to write a speedster. They could make a good detective comic but not The Flash

The Button cross over event.

gr8 b8 m8

>If Williamson keeps it up for another 20 years he might be the Dan Jurgens of The Flash.

I've never thought of it this way. It's a perfect sum of this run.

Yeah I hate that the dead mom angle is used by everyone know. Fuck DC sometimes I swear. Like the only time you could make Barry interesting was killing his mom off.

That being said the arc done on his TV show concerning his dead mom was fucking brilliantly done.

Superman is superb. Haven't read Batman but I have heard mixed things about it.

The Return of Barry Allen will probably always be the greatest Flash comic ever for the subjects it tackles. Who Eobard is and what he means and represents in The Flash is core to the story so read that one.

According to editor of the book, it's mostly done to make Reverse-Flash more tied to Barry's origins.