Rape thread

Has ever been any instance of rape in comic books done right and where it doesn't feel it's shoved in there just for being edgy? What makes it different and how do you make rape work in comics?

ssss ssss

Anyone got the "I wonder what Dr. Light is up to?" page?

Winda West, Howard the duck's friend that isn't Bev, was raped. They never caught the guy and it wasn't really brought up again.

Part of the recurring theme of Howard, I guess. Horrific shit happens and you just have to move on or die.

I'm coming back to getcha.

Slade and Isherwood's got some competition, huh

God that scene was great. Didn't feel out of place or edgy.

Anyone have the one with fat frank-uh I mean kingpin getting bootyblasting in a prison shower?

LoGH 2 when Hyde rapes Invisible Man to death

Interesting they reverted back Dr.Light to his old self.

no invicible rape?

Most Garth Ennis books, as he mostly plays rape for laughs. And strangely enough, it often works.

Jill in Lucifer got raped by a tarot card deck, and it made 100% sense in the context of the story

Starfire count?

Swamp Thing got anal probed by aliens once

Rape is great! More characters need to start raping in comics, it's a severely underused plot device and character developing mechanism.

Alan Moore wrote Legend of Galactic Heroes?

Hi Brad!

Hi Alan.

>it's shoved in there

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Mockingbird pre-retcon?

It can't work in comic books. Murder is a big deal, because it means that the victim won't (or shouldn't) appear again, so people will care about it. Rape happens and it's over, and then everything more or less returns to normal for the reader. They know it's not actually real so they don't really care.

That's why it's about the character development and how it affects the connections and relationships the character has. It can potentially change a character completely forever if handled right.

Providence.
Dude gets raped by himself.

Didn't Nightwing get raped?

>raped by hot woman

That's not rape. Please stop spreading this meme.

It was never handled well. Also I think he got raped twice

The rape scene from Invincible works because it was the guy who was unwilling, right?

/thread.

But it was literally shoved in there.
>phrasing intended
A bunch of editors wanted identity crisis to be "mature" so they wanted red herring rape scene.

Not only that it was to explain why villains were so campy during the Silver Age. And to basically prepare for the dumb idea of Brother Eye.

Spiderman got molested as a kid by two different people.

Didn't the writer for one of the rapes say in a interview that "yeah it was forced sex but it wasn't rape" or something along those lines?

Tarantula for unconsensual sex
Mirage for rape by deception
Raven for dream rape
and he was 18 I think when he fucked Liu so he wasn't statutory raped

Two? Skip and who else?

How brutal was the rape with Tarantula?

Yep. Similar thing happened when Batwoman was raped by a vampire. The same kind of excuse was used

>campy because they all had brain damage
Identity crisis really is an 14 year old's edgy fanfiction.

Pic related.

._.

Source?

Mark Millar's Ultimate Namor mini

why is she jacking off this fish person?

Her cunt is beat up from weeks of getting raped by the fish guy. Poor Kitty Pride, Moore really did a number on her.

oh thats shadowcat why doesn't she just faze away so the fish can touch her

Alan Moore's Neonomicon

About 20 seconds in google found it.

Moore has some fucking issues I swear. This is seriously depraved.

>All of those fit young people on Slade's team.

Dr.Light is going to have a blast.

Asses will be torn out and pussies will be popped.

Whyboner.gif

How do you rape someone to death

By beating them while you're banging them.

Can a character with an explicit history of having raped someone be redeemed, be a protagonist, or likeable? How acceptable would such a character be? I mean we have mass murderers turning a leaf in comics.

>fish shooting a stream of cum instead of a cloud of it
Who made this trite

Don't you remember that time Superman raped Jimmy Olsen?

Alan Moore has perfected the art of just trolling with garbage.

Huge fish dick.

If they slowly progress from a psychopathic rapist to a compassionate person who regrets all the fucked up shit they did, yes.

What's with all the paedophiles lately?

casca being raped by griffith, and guts being raped by donovan. actually every rape scene in berserk

>implying fish semen would still look like a cloud despite the fish person not being in water

You rape them over and over again until the mental and physical anguish breaks them. This can take days of constant assault. No sleeping, no eating, no drinking. Eventually, the person's body has taken so much abuse they wish for death. The abuse typically destroys their organs and leads to them simply bleeding out or dying of shock.

It is an inhumane and brutal method of execution. The Japanese used it at Nanking.

As a survivor of childhood assault, can confirm

Nah that's death from inanition.

In that case the rapist is abusing and letting the victim die from inanition

Jesus fucking christ

By causing internal damage

The invisible man was still alive when Hyde left him, but died soon after. My guess is he bled to death after having his insides rearranged by Hyde's dick

Now I'm sad.

GOOSH GOOSH

Dick so big it broke that twinkie's spine.

>lately

Hyde raped him in monster form. Massive internal bleeding is what killed him, judging from the amount of blood on Hyde.

I don't want to hear any more I've had enough

How about metaphorical rape?

Are you sure they don't die of dehydration?
You die like in 3 days without water, and I think it doesn't cover vigorous activities.

It would be interesting, closest I could think of is probably GoT, but Tyrion was kinda a gray rape on top of a gray rape.

prowl deserves everything that happens to him and worse

That time Jean mind raped Emma because she caught her and Cyclops having an affair.

Yeah it sucks to have your significant other cheat on you, but that doesn't justify rape.

I'm pretty convinced after reading this that Alan Moore think lovecraft is a fucking joke and his fans are just a bunch of geeks that need to get laid hell its even in his swamp thing run

That was my guess. Moore loves to use other creator's ideas and characters for satire and social commentary.

Once I tried to think of something darker than rape and what I came up with is not-rape*.

I had an idea for a story where basically Jimmy Olson invented the persona known as Lex Luthor.
He as Jimmy starts an intimate relationship with Kara's alter ego (unknowingly at first) by acting the same way Lois acts around Clark.
They have lots of consensual sex.
He fakes his villain persona's death to drive her spirits higher.
He enjoys this satirical relationship based on both of them not opening up about each other.
She eventually reveals that she is Supergirl and Jimmy reveals he is for all intents and purposes Lex Luthor.
No plastic surgery, body swapping, reality altering, or just generally any form of mind control.
Supergirl loses her mind.
It is clear Jimmy knows Clark is Superman.
Clark confronts Jimmy only to realize he can't convict him of anything or even bring himself to exacting any kind of vengeance.

Apparently his Providence series is a bit of an apology for Neonomicon, but I haven't read it.

lovecraft IS a fucking joke

I remember that Sup Forums thread about the a hypothetical Marvel comic where Spider-man is convicted of rape because of the Purple Man being smart enough to give a woman a "hazy memory" of being raped by Spider-man and it creates this huge controversy in the shared universe.
She was told by the Purple Man to refuse to be tested for rape.
Then one user suggested that at the court hearing She-hulk represents Spider-man and goes on about radiation based superpowers and how Spider-man has radioactive blood "and not just blood, every fluid" and the victim tested negative to the radiation test and complied as it wasn't exactly a rape test.

That is diabolical. I love it!

Wasn't there a script out there for Wonder Woman being raped? Has she ever gotten raped in continuity before?

Hyde did more than rape him. He beat the living shit out of him, broke a lot of bones. Really fucked him up good for what he did to Mina. And for being a traitor.

Yeah, but it was Kyle who got bueno'd.

You make them have a baby.

Who went crazier, Frank Miller or Alan Moore?

Except Alan Moore isn't crazy, senile, or suffering from dementia. Frank Miller suffers from all the above.

>casca being raped by griffith
beyond edgy

Guts' rape is probably one of the only scenes that isnt jerkoff material

I still cringe remembering that.

Ooh, who was she supposed to get raped by?

hehe

Miller.

This is par for the course for Moore. Plus, he's calling out Lovecraft on his "only the willing mated with the elder ones" bullshit.

Quick question why did Moore think any of this was necessary

Moore doesn't write stories without rape.

How not to write a villain

Knew I had this folder for a reason

Very curious to see how Priest writes him.

I hope he takes a cheap shot at him being Dr Rape