What do Millennials think when they watch this film?

What do Millennials think when they watch this film?

I'm curious because they really have no generational frame of reference to understand it and can only watch it really from a Film Studies 101 perspecitive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27LLPANAgzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Millennials

I don't think you fully understand what that word means.

No I think I have it nailed down. We're talking about the first generation in history that will do worse that's parents.

It's pretty easy to put yourself in the shoes of someone stuck in a deadend job and surrounded by a culture that buys shit just for the sake of owning it.

The amount of debt Millennials have taken on just blows the mind.

I couldn't even imagine living like that. Like Nigga go get a second job driving for Uber and pay that shit off LOL.

muricans need college degrees and jews are raising the price of education every year

i think mostly about the aesthetic.
the dark grimy echo-y city setting.
it's oddly comfy and puts me to sleep.

Millennial here, I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but I gave it a second shot and it mad a LOT more sense and I loved it. Not sure how representative I am.

X will do worse than their parents too, but yeah.

>I'm curious because they really have no generational frame of reference

fuck you mean

>What do Millennials think when they watch this film?
How old are you?

>t. millennial in denial
This movie literally represents the "millennial" generation you retarded faggot.
You want to hate on the next gen... the one with justin bieber and candy crush. Fight Club was pure 90s core.

>Tyler Durden, i'm project mayhem

Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner.

'95 here. Male discontentment during peacetime is nothing new, and the extremism brought on by resentment of the modern world is only something that continues on the longer men feel like they have no purpose. That being said, this film is taking the piss out of that philosophy. Tyler's a fucking idiot and a hypocrite.

Boomers did much worse than their parents.

>tylers a hypocrite
No

youtube.com/watch?v=27LLPANAgzw

He spends the whole film shitting on what Western society thinks the ideal male should be while looking like a literal model, dressing in more elaborate clothes as the film goes on and the Narrator's mind unravels. He attacks establishment while creating his own to do so, positioning himself as the leader of men with no identity to speak of, while making himself the only identity that matters to them.

Yknow someone that's like 37 is a millennial, right?

the range is like 21-37 now. Maybe you're thinking of the lowest millennial age bracket or the one below it.

Best Waits

fight club isn't a film, it's a joint at best.

That is the movies point.

>"I am disgusted at the society that strives to look like supermodels in ads"
>Alter Ego is a pinnacle of male supermodel body of that time.

Right. So Tyler's a hypocrite.

has fincher ever made any films or movies? asking for a friend

>not blaming the 60s movements and left movements or even the generation that came out of it
AHAHHAHAHAAHAH
"if people see what equality really means they will obviously revolt"

The Game was p good desu

very Fincherian

Shatner would probably win.

>Debt levels keep going up
>Blame millenials instead of the boomers that designed the debt system
What did this brainlet mean by this?

*Fincheresque

He literally has split personality disorder, he is "two people" at once. If that makes him a hypocrite then sure.

Real talk

you're thinking of gen z or y or whatever. millenial refers to people born from like 75 to 1990.

isnt that kind of the point? all he really wants is to be in control, but because the system doesnt suit him, hes an anarchist.