I don't understand where such staunch white knighting for TLJ came from...

I don't understand where such staunch white knighting for TLJ came from, it's strange to me to see grown men trying to replicate the snark of 14 year old girls

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Rebels_TK421/status/949658069549465602
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>i didn't like this movie
>i did
Truly, the debate of our era

Do you think the arguments over TLJ stem more from a cultural cold war than the movie itself?

I don't actually think this guy has legions of followers begging and dying for his takes on Star Wars, especially given how little engagement his tweets get.

Yet he talks like an Arch Bishop in the Church of Star Wars

Because it's diverse, that's it, liberals & SJW's like it
Some of them also think Disney is their friend, probably due to childhood nostalgia & liberals love big corporations

>when you're a braindead corporate bootlicker one month later

Personally i think its more about "how" you think, and TLJ is the litmus test

>Stupid huh?

Refute this.

>Jeremy Conrad

He's the biggest fraud on the internet. He and his fat boyfriend have been on Disney's payroll for YEARS.

can we please do something about him?

This guy is not a shill, just a rabid fanboy white knight. Interesting find on the twatbox, because his hubris towards his expertise isn't matched by how little engagement one of his fame should be getting.

Yet how easily he handwaves off those that dont like TLJ

He doesn't respond to critics of his "mic drop" takes

>i don't understand that hollywood shills have taken over social media

Plus, his viewership has taken a major plummet in recent times since no one is pursuing answers to fan theories anymore

I don't think shills have taken it over. I think some were spinkled in to astro turf, and the useful idiot white knights have ran away wildly with it

>Jason Ward

A bald, fat, ugly, lispy manchild with the political aptitude of a 4 year old.

>men are bad, women are good is an important theme for the future of my country and children according to Ward

Sure thing, fatso.

I'm a liberal, and I absolutely hated The Last Jedi™ with a passion. It embarrasses women by not allowing us to have the same full human experience as men. Rey doesn't need to be trained. Everyone else does. This is embarrassing to women and destructive to whatever character Rey has left.

Can someone explain to me why the movie jumped up to 7.5 on IMDB? What the fuck happened yesterday?

>A bald, fat, ugly, lispy manchild with the political aptitude of a 4 year old.

So many of these guys fit such a description, and this they fight tooth and nail for. I feel like they aren't defending the movie, but trying to prove things about themselves

Um, no sweetie.
Darth Bane is a space Samurai, those books aren't canon

Jason Ward is a fat fraud. He works with Lucasfilm as one of their paid propagandists.

He always toes the party line...saying exactly what Disney wants with NO deviations.

Our ruling elite competes for status by who hates white people the most.

This is them competing for status.

Yes. It sucks, because now in 90% of threads are fair game to discuss social and political topics, because filmmakers keep putting them in their work and critics keep bringing it up.

>using the EU to defend the sequels
They also use the prequels to defend the sequels, because they know all comparison will collapse compared to the OT.

No Escapism

it's political. Political doesn't necessarily mean running for office, legislation, etc. Mobilizing the masses is political. People have been mobilized, grouped into a herd, and have been convinced to shill hard for a sub-par film. It's a cultural thing.

Why does Darth Bane look like Megatron?

Tell me about Bane, why does he wear the mask?

>I'm a liberal, and I absolutely hated The Last Jedi™
same with me, pal

>that fucking image

>It was the RUSSIANS!
>It was the ALT-RIGHT!
>It was the RACISTS!
>It was WHITE MEN!
>It was MISOGYNISTS!
>It was ANGRY NERDS!
>It was TRUMP SUPPORTERS!
>It was PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was REDDIT!
>It was WEEABOOS!
>It was PREQUEL DEFENDERS!
>It was BOOMERS!
>It was MILLENNIALS!
>It was DISNEY HATERS!
>It was REY HATERS!
>It was ROSE HATERS!
>It was HOLDO HATERS!
>It was the HOLIDAY SEASON!
>"People hated Empire back then, too!"
>"Dividing the fanbase was intentional!"
>"It did something DIFFERENT!!!"
>"I love how it subverted expectations!"
>"It made me rethink my views on life!"
>"It emphasized muh diversity/inclusiveness/feminist quota!"
>"It was an 'intellectual' film!"
>"It made some people uncomfortable. GOOD!"
>"It was expected to not make much money anyway!"
>"lulz it's just a movie turn your brain off!"
This is the most damage controlled Star Wars movie I've seen since any of the Prequels. The Disney shills are in desperation mode, and it's hilarious what lengths they'll go to. I haven't seen this much shilling since Hillary's failed campaign.
No amount of self-reassurance will EVER "fix" this movie. It was a complete abomination, and the defenders know that deep down in their hearts.
Disney's nuWars was made to pander to SJWs, and it is this very pandering that will ultimately destroy the franchise at some point in the near future. Deal with it.

Why does that keep getting posted here like it's some masterpiece of criticism? It's pretty juvenile and doesn't say much more that "I didn't pay attention to the movie, and I don't like it." Seriously, pretty much every one of those points is just opinion that seems to have missed points that are blatantly obvious in the movie. It's also obvious that whoever wrote it ignores flaws the series has always had, and is only applying them now to nitpick over a gut reaction to a movie that didn't fulfill their headcanon. It's not even worth responding to (seriously, paying attention to the movie would answer all of those points), and if you think that childish garbage is good criticism, you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Nobody likes The Last Jedi™ because there is simply nothing there to like. It's a series of poorly constructed vignettes about bland (and embarrassingly patronizing) affirmative action "characters."

It's motion for motions sake, built on the shoulders of real giants and failing that legacy....entirely. It's hollow repetition is further abused by an assembly line of cheap soulless corporate toy commercials (Porgs™).

It is, by any measure, the objective end to the magical core that allowed Star Wars to hover above all over franchises for the last 40 years.

It's just another IP now. To be raped by a blind profit seeking, child slave labor employing, borderless corporation (Disney) known for bland corporate tripe.

Nobody thinks of Rose and Holdo as anything other than left wing wish fulfillment. People in my theater LAUGHED at those characters, and I live in one of the wealthiest and most liberal places on Earth.

We've gone from Vader, Lando, Jabba, and R2-D2 to Rose and Holdo (the menopausal mentally ill lesbian who destroyed the resistance). Let that shit sink in.

Star Wars is Dead™

Bane wasn't doing fucking jedi mind tricks and fighting force users without training buddy. He killed his dad inadvertently, all of his other 'force abilities' were the subtle kind you saw in untrained force sensitives in other EU material, aka he seemed really lucky (good at cards, fast reflexes because he can sense something is going to happen before it does, ect).

You can't really compare the characters when Bane spends the first third of his life being beaten by his father and getting into fights with other miners while Rey was just scavenging metal and sucking off portions guy.

t. low effort shill

Portionposting was the fastest I’ve seen a meme die.

Tell that to Ganjaklub.

The best way to "do something" about people and companies like him is to ignore them and not do anything that will generate money or publicity for them.

from a certain point of view

>jabba the hutt gives speech about right wing beliefs

Not sure what’s worse, having Star Wars and MCU movies every year for the foreseeable future or having to deal with people bringing politics into fucking everything for the next 3-7 years at the very minimum.

Both

>Dath Bane
Literally who

Most of these people have no religious or cultural foundation, they seem they identity it things like Star Wars.

Link to the tweet that thnks that infographic is a salient point, not mine

twitter.com/Rebels_TK421/status/949658069549465602

>they seem they identity it things like Star Wars.

This. Without the Ebonics.

What is Jeremy Conrad's belief system? His Religion? His cultural practices or cherished heritage? What would he die for?

The answer to all of these is NOTHING. He's a fat, shallow corporate consumer, and compensated shill. The kind of middle-aged man who actually hangs plastic action figures from his living room wall without a whiff of irony or shame.

Himself and Jason Ward are NOTHING.

They're the chubby ill-bred ass-end of a dying consumerist system. They believe what they are told to believe. That's it.

> best Star Wars movie

Disney, tell Vlad to make the bots more subtle/realistic

> Star Wars is inherently political

I gueas. Like G.I. Joe...

They are people whose only culture is pop culture

>piece of escapism fiction's world building has some recognizable political structures to make its universe make sense
>actual themes are hero's journey, good vs evil, coming of age, myths, legends and legacies
>"umm sweetie star wars HAS ALWAYS BEEN about fascism and proletarian revolution!!"

>Literally who?

I have to wonder how many of those retweets and likes have the exact same question, but only liked or retweeted it because now they have their "gotcha" token, despite not actually knowing shit

I can't help but see the Poe vs Holdo subplot to be Rian and Kathy's feelings on "Berniebros" vs Hillary.

i can't believe nigresses actually read this

Bane?

>liberals love the Last Jedi and defend it vehemently
>conservatives hate the Last Jedi and attack it vehemently
When did Star Wars become a vehicle for politics ?

when disney kikes bought rights to it.

her face looks like a fake plastic face

>Proleterian Revolution
>led by wealthy powerful royal women like Leia and Holdo

>both Republics were already a nightmare of corruption, dysfunction, and slavery

Movies should be about the universal human condition. Not the perpetual back and forth of inefficient political arrangements crowding each other out at the barrel of a gun

The Lucasfilm Story Group is filled with low IQ trash.

desu Ford probably agrees because not only is he not in it anymore, but it also shat on canon enough that he wont have to deal with crazy fans as much anymore.

Don't worry.

The Star Wars fan base is about 50% smaller now anyway.

I think the fact that you didn't actually try to respond to any point in depth shows how much of a shill you are.

Shit. I like Popeye's. What didn't he like about it?

This user speaks truth.

What?

Every Liberal that I know totally despises The Last Jedi. It's just an awful film that shits on lore.

And there is absolutely nothing "liberal" about having women vs men. It's divisive nonsense that leads nowhere.

Wasn't Han an Imperial Pilot who defected after seeing how the Wookies were treated which is how he got that life debt from Chewie? Is that not canon anymore?

Watch Solo: A Star Wars Story™ this upcoming May to find out!

(((Reformed))) Theology.

Womanist = Nigger Feminist.

Though the Legends books don't count, he was trained as a fighter while working in mines. He got his ass kicked and dreamed his death which happened without him knowing. He then went on to train with Sith Masters.

That's very different from starting out perfect at everything, winning every battle, and being able to do impossible feats that took people ages of training and practical experience to do.

In a sense. The people defending it are mostly Twitter blue checks, who are almost always leftists employed and educated in liberal arts who employ critical theory in their writing and worldview. They're also very shallow normies which is why they apply their philosophy to pop culture instead of something more serious. TLJ was made by people like this, for people like This, without regard for the fact that the moviegoeing masses don't buy into this crap.

if you have a twitter you should set

straight. The pretentious le star wars expert who retweeted it feels it's just as much his mic drop as the guy who posted it

Leftists prefer subversive art that trashes archetypes and mythology. They literally prefer ugliness and dischord to beauty and order

>best star wars movies
>uses a meme from the 1970s movie

>looks

they have to reach into EU for darth Bane, of which i'd say

It's almost like it's a bad movie or something

LEGO already spoiled the Kessel Run so that might as well be a free space.

Just replace leftists with Jews and you're pretty much spot on. That's where all this shit's coming from, anyway

TLJ being bad makes me angry but like everything this will pass.

The whole damage control operation keeps on pissing me off. This movie is full of flaws and is essentially a 2h32 long empty shell. Yet if you dislike it you might as well be put in the same bin as the Trump supporters.

The difference is that jews use subversive art as a weapon against the goy whereas leftists are actual masochists that prefer ugliness and defeatism due to a personality defect. Jews encourage it but don’t feel that way personally

(((Star Wars))) is dead.

40k is the sci-fantasy of the Huwyte Man.

The Jews are the masters, the leftists are their pets. That's the only difference.

>prequels
>damage controlled
hah waaw

kek, not for long, pal. They're going after that too.

I know.

And I fully expect the new Paul Atreides to be Black (but Chani will still be white so they can get the obligatory I BBC conditioning in).

>grown men trying to replicate the snark of 14 year old girls
soyboys are real user

The Prince Bell guy is trying cozy up to them with his "expertise" he wants to be their Salacious B Crumb.

And does he not realize that exact thing has been a very popular move to make lately?

When does new and fresh start to detach from the soul of the original work?

You might aswell just replied:

K.

this looks like a meme but its sad how much ot this shit will be in the movie

I doubt gw is retarded enough to piss off their base aka the people with money that keeps buying their pricey stuff.

>the fact that you didn't actually try to respond to any point in depth
Why should I? The criticism doesn't have any depth. I don't see the point of making a long ass list of nothing but "that's your opinion," "Star Wars has always done that," and "it's in the movie, you just didn't pay attention." Again, if you actually think that list is any kind of substantive criticism of the movie, that's kind of hilarious.

There are a ton of legit, interesting and pertinent criticisms in this thread. You've ignored all of them.

Tell Disney to up their shill budget.

Why does she look more attractive as an alien

>The whole damage control operation keeps on pissing me off.

This.

This is what TLJ™ will be remembered for (in addition to being a terrible movie). A ceaseless onslaught of corporate shills defending a terrible movie because it aligns with their SJW mission statement.

No-one will remember it in such a way except a couple of outcasts who can't let go of what's supposed to be an ephemeral media buzz. People on the wrong side of history since corporate media will be sure to speak praises of TLJ whenever it is mentioned in nostalgia bait tv shows.

>Don't like it? Unfollow.
>people like this follow @realdonaldtrump specifically because they don't like him

>tfw I thought the movie was okay

The corporate media can't control people's opinions on everything though, as evidenced by the response to this film. As time goes on they'll have even less power because media wi become more decentralized.

>parents are nobodies
Has nothing to do with the argument and should be removed
>Abusive/neglectful upbringing
Entirely different upbringings. Rey didn't get the shit beat out of her by her father all the time.
>Survived for years in a hostile environment
Bane's environment made Jakku look like Cunniligus Prime: The Planet specifically designed to pleasure stronk women
>Could use Force powers without training
Bane accidentally killed his father out of reflex and could only do basic "potential trainee" shit like be a good driver.
Rey could do jedi mind tricks, move shit around, and kick ass with a lightsaber, without knowing a goddamned thing about the Force.
>Deliberately used the Force to perform seemingly impossible feats before receiving any training.
Lol, they must've forgotten to put the X on Darth Bane's side.
>Audience reaction
Accurate.