The last jedi is under-performing

>the last jedi is under-performing
>give him the new star wars trilogy
wtf is going on at disney?

Shot their load too early thinking TLJ would be a sure-fire hit

TLJ's profit atm stands at $200 million whereas TFA's profit was at least $1 billion. That profit from TLJ will barely cover the cost of reshoots for the Solo movie, and christ knows how well that will do but it's not looking good so far

Disney is so eager to get rid of the memory of Lucas and the previous films that they attempt to bury them so everyone will forever associate Disney with Star Wars in their attempt to do this they forgot to make their film good and only succeed in dividing the fanbase

Feminism

He makes great independent women characters!

If this was their intention then they fucked up pretty bad because the prequels are enjoying a critical renaissance in the sequels' wake

It was a lame attempt to manipulate the audience by faking confidence in this turd. In fact they knew it was very bad, that's why they forced theaters to lower their percentage and had an obligation to screen this turd even if nobody shows up.
His trilogy will never happen, he'll never direct anything that has a budget higher than $20 millions, yes 20 not 200.

Your right they did. These new movies forced people to reexamine the prequels and what I at least found was that their is indeed a good story in the prequels (at least the last movie) it's just hidden behind bad acting, and ham dialogue.

>I have no fucking idea what I’m talking about: the post

The left will always double down.

Off-topic but what the fuck happened to the IMDB score? It went up to 7.5, what the fuck?

>assume Disney is going to just keep wringing Star Wars nostalgia for merchandise cash forever
>feel bad that my favorite franchise is being wrung dry by greedy corporatists

>TLJ has minimal merchandising potential besides the porgs and Red Crustacean Crew
>but the story is so shit it'll impact the company for years

I don't know if I prefer the cynical toy story version of Star Wars or the edgy pretentious Creative Vision version.

toy version at least had better memes

if they do galatic guardian style, though its probably trash tier ripoff instead of well made movie

ESPN is also imploding

Disney is out of touch

same with the marvel comics

They gave him the trilogy before the film was even finished. Clearly they didn't give it to him because they were happy with his project. Could it possibly be KK was happy with the feminist themes he put into the film and green lit the trilogy? Probably. They won't cancel it until after TLJ leaves cinemas cos thats just admitting it is shitty. Maybe they will after but I doubt it. SJWs ALWAYS double down.

>make every staple hero transwomyn-transnigger-trans-ape
>Why is nobody buying our shit??

>TFA's profit is $1 billion
>that funds R1 and TLJ
>R1 barely does well
>TLJ makes a measly $200 million profit
>that will barely cover the reshoots for Solo: A Star Wars Story
>Solo is set to bomb

Sorry what was that faggot?

dont forget they paid bilions for SW brand

>wtf is going on at disney?
Rian was paid off with the trilogy deal for being the 'face' of this shitshow.
Anything Kathleen wanted Rian would include like the Leia in space or the self insert Admiral Gender Studies or just shitting on Luke.

There's only one thing left. We need to sit back and watch the fireworks as Lucasfilm burns down.

And they've spent billions on the new theme park

I fucking hated the Prequels even before the Plinkett reviews and only hated them further when they reinforced why I disliked them.
But after watching this shit and seeing Mike sell out, I fucking realize that I was too harsh on the prequels.

TFA made $736m profit according to Deadline. This will probably be around $350 - $450m. You have to remember this movies budget was $45m less than TFA, and that adds up.

Where are you getting that the budget was less than TFA? Seems like it would be a lot more considering other Disney properties (Avengers 1's budget to Avengers 2's budget was a 36% increase, but for fairness let's assume half of that at an 18% increase)

prequels is all about toys and flashy action, SW was always movie for kids for being deep, you could say TLJ and TFA is similar being full of plot-holes with crappy developments, but the SJW and unlikeable characters just ruins these movies.

TLJ was a complete disaster in China, India, Latin America and developing markets.It's a disappointment in the USA, but it's doing well in UK, Germany, Japan etc.

So overall not that good, and it alienated a lot of people split the fanbase, and didn't get any newcomers in only repulsed them.

They're setting up Solo to be a failure it's going up against Avengers and Deadpool.

So either they fire/demote Kathlyn Kennedy, kill Rians franchise and take a new direction with competent leadership.

Or they just do nothing, and keep sinking the franchise. We shall see.

Yeah, at least the prequels told a different story, even if it was done poorly. The sequels have completely nullified the OT. DUDE what if the Empire came back and the New Republic immediately collapsed so now we have some rebels fighting it and Luke dies so instead of him being the Last Jedi now Rey is and we've just gone around in a complete circle LMAO.

I didn't like the prequels because they aren't as good as the originals, but now I like the prequels because they're nowhere near as terrible as the sequels.

what if they sink it so low that Lucas and mel gibsom pool their resources to buy it back? Could such a based team up be possible?

Don't forget all the advertising and merch