What are some good comics that focus on female characters? Preferably ones that are more adult/mature in nature

What are some good comics that focus on female characters? Preferably ones that are more adult/mature in nature.

Also, why does Jessica Jones suck so much dick, especially compared to Alias?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6aQTJw1wlQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seconds, Y the Last Man, Ghost World.

I can't wait for the second season of Jessica Jones. It's going to be written by only women so we'll see some really cleverly crafted dialogue from Jessica this season. It's going to be epic.

Also Persopolis and a graphic novel whose name I forget about a girl who wishes for absolute beauty and the results. Beautiful Divine or something.

I remember now. Beauty. It was just called Beauty. Also Lost at Sea is popular but personally I didn't care for it. Others might like it though.

why do manchildren care that there's a woman only screening of something?

How is Seconds? I've always wanted to read it but just never have for whatever reason. Is the tone more mature then say Scott Pilgrim?

Probably the same reason feminists care there's men's only clubs.

>Sexism requires a history of structural oppression.
I fucking hate this argument of "i-its ok if they weren't discriminated against before!"
BITCH THIS ISNT SOME GODDAMN FAIRY TALE VILLAIN WHOS SUPPOSED TO TAKE WHAT HE DEALS OUT THIS IS A FUCKING SPECIES AND LINGERING ON WHATEVER BULLSHIT YOU CAME UP WITH IS ONLY GOING TO KEEP THINGS GOING IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL UNTIL WE ALL END UP IN YOU-GET-FUCKED-IN-THE-ASS-LAND AND WE'RE THE MAIN ATTRACTION
HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUCKING STUPID AS TO THINK THAT HYPOCRISY IS JUSTIFIED JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A PAST
BITCH YOU DONT NEED EQUAL RIGHTS YOU NEED AN EQUAL FUCKING BRAIN

Wow.
I can't tell if they're trying to drum up some outrage in order to try and tap into some cheap viral marketing via angry word of mouth, or just stupid.
Regardless, I sure can't wait for this shit to spread fucking everywhere.

I actually haven't read most of Scott Pilgrim outside the first issue or two so I can't really say how they compare.

Okay... What is that reason? That's what I'm trying to figure out here.

>THIS ISNT SOME GODDAMN FAIRY TALE VILLAIN WHOS SUPPOSED TO TAKE WHAT HE DEALS OUT THIS IS A FUCKING SPECIES

that's what systematic means. there's not one mastermind it's the result of years and years of shit piling up.

>LINGERING ON WHATEVER BULLSHIT YOU CAME UP WITH IS ONLY GOING TO KEEP THINGS GOING IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL

we are all complicit even you. trying to talk clearly and calmly is a great way to do better

> Feminism is about equality
> O, except in this instance

It's actually worse than private clubs considering it's a business that's available to the public.

Because they're just reverse SJWs that get completely assblasted by the tiniest things and think everyone is out to get them.

Has it been delayed yet?

>this entire post
What did he figuratively, metaphorically, and literally mean by this?

Fyi, saying that you can't be sexist against men, is literally sexism against men. I don't understand how people can overlook this inconvenient fact.

Rant about how SJW's justify their persecution while still maintaining the victim complex.
I'm calm now.

That's exactly what they're trying to do, yes. They need guys outraged at Wonder Woman so they can turn her into a feminist icon. It'll be endless merch money if they can pull it off.

Just including current ongoing series.
>The Wild Storm
>Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: The Big Lie
>The Old Guard
>Violent Love

I cannot ever recall this tactic working.

Love and Rockets, although there's a lot of different female characters and they all act differently.

Because sexism means "this inconveniences me." Obviously something that only matters to men can't inconvenience them.

> We are all complicit even you

Prove that I'm sexist and that I contribute to systematic sexism. I'll wait.

Yeah but it's only a screening and the proceeds go to charity. It's like ladies night at a club.

Literally wut?

Shade the Changing Girl, Journey into Mystery featuring Sif, Sword of Sorcery, Young Liars, Tomboy, Meat Cake Diary, Daisy Kutter, The Life and Times of Martha Washington in the Twenty-first Century, The Ballad of Halo Jones, Ghost World, Slott's She-Hulk, My New York Diary, Wicked + the Divine, An Age of License, Beautiful Darkness, Prez, Stray Bullets, Stumptown, Black Kiss, Cooke/Brubaker's Catwoman, the original Spider-Woman series, Troublemaker, Nailbiter, Top 10 by Moore

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ladies nights at clubs are specifically designed to attract more paying customers IE men, It's not literally a ladies only night. Ironically, it's also not uncommon for women get into clubs for free before a certain time.

I don't care about women's-only screenings, they do these "chicks at the flicks" deals where I live and it seems to work for them.

What's funny about it is that these very same women would scream bloody murder if there were male-only screenings of movies.

It's the same kind of reporting like when they claimed people cared about Starbucks cups when it was literally one guy on twitter/youtube being angry about it.

They do these things to bait a small group into being mad then report on it like it's a large group of people.

Also an example, the one theatre in Alabama or some shit that didn't want oo play the recent beauty and the Beast and suddenly every Christian is upset.

I had pushed that from my memory damn you.

Or any chick from Gamergate really.

I think people are getting wise too it though. It didn't work for Ghostbusters.

>How dare you get mad over something that is stupid

If Ghostbusters was even passably good it would have worked.

Yes, it is stupid, which is why throwing a tantrum over something so tiny and harmless makes you look like the king of petty retards.

That didn't stop them from trying.

youtu.be/6aQTJw1wlQ8

>Tiny harmless and Petty
You realize you are on Sup Forums right? By that logic I shouldn't complain about comic books or cartoons.

>Sup Forums is filled with republicans now

what the fuck happened?

It's a power thing and the vast vast majority of the power structure is patriarchal.

It's like saying a mosquito can't hurt you. Technically they can poke you and draw blood but it's not like an injury. Men can be treated differently and negatively but it's not the same thing.

this is like a fallacy thing i can't prove because i dont know shit about anything or anything whatever
this is somehow even stupider than that

its horrible

Yes, I think that was implied. They had to try for it to not work.

ugh this thread is just.... gross. you're literally making me all sick with your ignorance.

Can't you make the same argument about the people complaining about the "man babies"?

> YA GIRLL POWER WOMEN ONLY SCREENINGS OF WW
> What? Isn't the discriminatory? Sexist even?
> Imagine if it was a male only screening?
> Shouldn't we about inclusiveness and not promoting decisiveness?
> WOW! MAN BABIES! IT'S ONLY A MOVIE!

>AHAHA! Men crying is funny?
>Why do men have a hard time showing emotion?

>It's a power thing and the vast vast majority of the power structure is patriarchal.

I mean it's all good if you get to define that sexism means, Patricia. Despite it having meant one thing for most of it's history.

sometimes they do ladies only too at certain clubs or at strip clubs.

>we really have pro-feminist retards posting on Sup Forums now
You fuckers, as usual, were teh weakest link and let this shit in
Great job,"Sup Forums is love" was your dead sentence

I think having to define these things via power-structure is purely to take away any notion that they themselves are subject to prejudice and bigotry. Without that, they'd just be hateful shitheads.

>Sup Forums stopped being a cuck
No but memes aside is it that bad aslong as we don't become Sup Forums i don't see a problem with republicans being here, we are not Tumblr and don't try to make us be anti everything we dont like.

So did this thread devolve into /r9k/ shitposting yet?

>implying we are better than tumblr

>a mosquito can't hurt you.
would've a been a better idea to use any other animal instead of the most deadly animal on this planet
mosquitoes are one of the few species that should actually be wiped off the face of this planet

Depends on your poison. Do you prefer to die by suffocation or self immolation?

Actually I'd say it's better here because at least the dumbshit we get into here won't follow us around.

I think they know. Just a hunch.

fag

I kill giants has a pretty mature theme.

>I think they know
i just wanted to talk about how much i fucking hate mosquitoes

>company A can refuse service to males, roughly 50% of the population
>company B cannot refuse to write a gay message on a cake, even though homosexuals make up roughly 2% of the population
really gets the ol noodle going. i wouldnt see wonder women either way though, but thats just because it looks bad, and warner bros has a bad history with their comic book movies

>THAT'S RIGHT WOMEN, WE'RE FIGHTING DA PATRIARCHY BY MAKING THIS SCREENING FOR WOMEN ONLY
>Some dude: That's dumb
>LOL #MASCULENITYSOFRAGILE, I LOVE SLURPING ON THESE MALE TEARS, FUCK MEN
Third wave feminism is a cancer

You picked a shit image to start with, OP.
Either that, or you only wanted to start this bullshit.
No matter your intention, you shame yourself.

They grew up

>Is the tone more mature then say Scott Pilgrim?
As someone who has read both multiple times, I can safely say: yeah and it's worth a read.
Hell, even if you don't enjoy it, it's not like it takes very long to read.

Op here. I actually agree that private, small business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. However, discriminating against a group of people based on say gender, race sexuality, ect, is a horrible business practice. The key here is that it's the good ol "feminism is about equality, until it's not" trope. In this situation, you can't blindly discriminate against a group of people and still be the good guy. Of course, our culture on a whole doesn't value men so who cares if they're shit on in countless aspects of society.

Wait, was this the actual official twitter?

For fucks sake

chill man, its just a marketing gimmick, if they only had female only showings you would have a point.

Where's that guy from earlier who said shitting on men isn't a big part of female empowerment? I wanna laugh at him

Female? No. Feminist? Probably.

>Calling out far-left bullshit makes you a republican

k

That fact that the money goes to Warner Bros and all the men who run it is of course lost on them. It's hilarious

>as we don't become Sup Forums
Too late.

>We changed the definition of words to cover or obvious hypocrisy
I hate this identity politics bullshit

There are systemic levels of oppression, but that doesn't negate one person's suffering at all. It doesn't give people a free pass to shit on others, and that's exactly how people use it. The notion of 'power' or authority operates on so many different levels like social, cultural, economic, demographic and not all of them necessarily reflect one another 1-to-1.

You can sympathize with a person when they lash out at an unfair system, but ultimately they're still responsible for their own actions. Petty pissing contests further discredits real problems, and I'd find it infantilizing if someone excused me if I did something shitty because I'm apart of the perceivable oppressed group.

tl;dr: don't give a shit about op's pic but done with the attempts to justify prejudice

We live in a matriarchal society. All the proof you need is in the divorce courts.

Everything by Terry Moore.

Because Alias was smart enough to make Purple Man a somewhat creepy villain, instead of a whiny manchild bitch.

Divorce courts do not define society. Come off it.
this.

>Alias

>Good

They're both shit, fampai.

As for your question. Try pre-Dynamite's Vol 3 Vampirella. Just outright ignore anything that happens during and after that point on.

>Divorce courts do not define society.

Yes they do. 50% of marriages end in divorce. 90% of custody battles award the children almost exclusively to the mother, while the father has to pay child support. The father is forced to pay his ex wife to raise children who he will rarely ever see, while the mother is free to poison the children's minds with hateful lies about their father so that they won't want to see him. The consequences of this system, which exists exclusively to benefit women, has had far reaching and dire consequences on society because it involves the psychological development of so many people who grew up in broken homes.

I don't disagree but I can see how someone can enjoy Alias over the show. The dialogue alone makes me want to go deaf and don't even get me started on the overhyped villain.

Oh, and as for OP's question, Beautiful Darkness is good,

>every country has republicans

Liberals turned into the new conservatives.

>female only screening
This sort of inequality has bothered me since I was a little kid. It's sad I'm now considered sexist for hating it.

>50% of marriages end in divorce. 90% of custody battles award the children almost exclusively to the mother, while the father has to pay child support
Not that user, and while I get what you're saying, these aren't accurate statistics.
If you're going to argue this point which is relatively important for people to know,
especially those looking to get married then you really should have accurate information.
Sourcing it in the same post is a good idea, too.

It really only bothers me because you're effectively cutting out ~50% of the population for a gimmick that doesn't always work well.