ITT we share life lessons we learnt from tv and film

ITT we share life lessons we learnt from tv and film.

I'll start: always shave against the grain. So glad TWD showed me this tip.

>shaving
top soy

Shaving against the grain is how you cause ingrown hairs. Dimwit teenagers do it because they don't know any better and just want to look prepubescent.

Anyone who doesn't shave against the grain is not properly shaving.

t. a guy in the Army who shaves everyday.

t. bad genetics and/or nignog

It also can cause skin cancer if you're not careful. Always moisturise after a shave

First pass with the grain, second pass (or third if you haven't removed enough) against the grain. Optional second pass across the grain before against the grain for maximum safety. That way you won't get ingrowns unless you're retarded.

Keep an empty stomach until the hard part of the day is done

Go with it first to get a close shave, then go against for a clean cut. You have to be careful though, different people look better with different shaves. A clean cut can make some look babyish, while just close can make others look haggard. It’s about what makes you look right

here's how most men's face and neck hair grows, for the uninitiated

>the chin

it can be a struggle

Beards are the bra of masculinity.

A masculine beard is full and connects across the face. It can either be well trimmed or bushy, but it must be taken care of.
A soybeard is one that is patchy, thin, scraggly, and purposely unkempt in an effort to get it to grow as long as possible.

like this guy's?

KEK
Literally every single picture of a soyboy shows him with a full grown beard.

How the fuck can anyone shave their moustache against the grain? It's physically impossible.

Shaving doesn't give you cancer you goddamn retard.

>open mouth
>beard
soyboy.png

With multiple passes.
Worth noting that if you use a straight razor you can potentially get against the grain smoothness without having to do against the grain because of just the sheer sharpness of the shaving angle

pic related
if you want a clean shave you gotta go against the grain, there's no other way really

>shave with the grain on the face
>go against the grain on the neck

always comes out smooth and clean, but i cant grow a full beard for shit, I only have to shave once a week, feels bad

>wanting to look like a jihadi

Unless a sexually attractive woman has said that your beard looks good, you shouldn't have a beard. The fitter you are, the less shit a shaved look will appear, as your face will have more tone. Only skinny-fat redditors and fatsos have beards.

How am I supposed to do the middle part? My nose is in the way.

You're not supposed to do that so this thread is already screwed

with a straight razor you mean? when I use a straight razor (rarely, because I don't want to constantly be hyper-focused on not slicing my own neck) I do it sideways, it actually gets everything better than a safety razor

cant grow a proper beard so might as well

chin is a bitch to shave, the area between the lower jaw and the neck too

No, I mean a normal razorblade. What you call a safetyrazor.

If you go upwards with it, you would hit your nose.

Chin is easy, neck too except for area around adams apple. I cut that one a lot.

oh, I usually do it first down, then sideways, then it I didn't get everything I puff up the lip and then go up
but i'm autistic when it comes to removing every single visible hair fossil from my face

no but seriously, I never got the "never shave against the grain" tip. how are you supposed to shave properly then? opposite way will leave head of the hairs visible, which is what some people try to avoid

>but it must be taken care of
if you're gonna be a preening faggot you may as well do it in the gym

i have a big beard because i'm fucking ugly and it hides the fact that my jaw & chin look like they were removed due to cancer. it fucking pisses me off how it's become the soyboy and hipster style and now i look like one of them. the alternative is looking like beaker from the muppets.

this
I let my scruff grow for too long just because I don't want to nick my fucking adams apple for the hundredth time

This tbqh

t. A guy in the Navy who shaves everyday.

>learning from TV

OP was raised by a single mom, confirmed.

>Fag enlisted who life peaked in bootcamp and now feels the need to mention his military service every five seconds even though he is out or a supply fag.

No discounts here so no one cares.

>he doesnt shave with the grain first
>he doesnt shave against the grain second for a perfect shave

fuck out of here

also: best life lesson movie for a man.

I was unironically raised by a single mother. I peed sitting down until I was 14 and realized I was doing it wrong from talking with friends randomly one time.

Wait, you mean it's not like this?