/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

If I pull that off, will you still join us for Hat Day? - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Doctor Aphra #7 - The Screaming Citadel - Part 3 (Wed 31st)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUEjsJHIJoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is she, /swco/?

Was Cad Bane still alive as of Revenge of the Sith?

The Empire did nothing wrong.

What is the most stupid Snoke theory?

According to concepts and fragments he was supposed to duel Boba Fett in a western style duel and possibly die

>>>COM/pol/NOR

that hes plagueis

We don't know for sure, but they revealed at Celebration this year that Boba shot him in a standoff, and it doesn't look like he survived.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUEjsJHIJoM

When was this supposed to happen?

>this will never be properly animated
Why even live

So why was TCW cancelled? Why couldn't Disney continue it after the buyout?

Disney didn't want to spend literally millions per episode as George did out of pocket. They also didn't want to move a show with 6.5 seasons to their own channels after its been branded to CN for it's whole run.

Hard to say for sure, but likely around Season 7, about half a dozen months before RotS

Multiple reasons;

>TCW wasn't getting nearly enough viewers to justify the expenses, and existed only because Lucas was funding it as his own pet project
>CW is a rival channel to Disney
>Filoni said the show was truly George's, and it wouldn't feel right to finish it without him, with a big budget or not.

It was pretty much a unanimous agreement that the show would be cancelled so that Filoni could start his own one from scratch on DisneyXD.

They gave us as much as they could via story reels, comics, a book, and The Lost Missions, and then shifted their stories and ideas over to Rebels.

God, George redeemed himself with Clone Wars and became a god among men once more

What the fuck happened with KOTOR 2's ending?

I see.

It just sucks that they didn't wrap things up as neatly as they could have been. I wish they adapted more stuff into books and comics. I know the Siege of Mandalore was mentioned in the Ahsoka novel, but I'd have really liked to see it in a comic. The story reels too.

For any faults he may have, and however people see the Prequels, I always believe he was a god among men. He took risks, pushed the limits of what could be done in special effects every single time he made a movie, and tried his best to tell the stories he wanted to tell.

This only carried over into TCW where he pushed a larger creative team to make any wacky idea he had come to life. From droids lost in a desert with a frog admiral, to civil war on Mandalore Maul pulling the strings. He wanted his world to be as vibrant, but also meaningful, as possible.

Across all of the unfinished media, we actually know about 75% of all of the unfinished TCW stories, so they have been quite generous. They also may be saving stuff for comics and such still. After all, the upcoming Mace Windu comic seems like it's going to be the first of many PT Era comics centralizing on the Jedi.

Also they're definitely saving the Siege of Mandalore for something, it was the grand finale of the entire show, and they're not going to just leave it at a few winks and nods.

>ywn run a train on Ahsoka with all your cloned brethren

Not really feeling it

The Day of the Blaster is coming, Rebel scum.

This isn't official, is it? Kylo isn't even wearing the mask from what we've seen so far in the movie.

Well seeing as how everyone is wearing their TFA costumes, they're literally using screenshots from TFA alongside promo material from 2 years ago, and how there's a huge logo saying 'HEY HEY LOOK AT ME THIS COVER WAS FAN MADE HEY LOOK OVER HERE HEEEEEY' I would guess that it isn't official.

>Also they're definitely saving the Siege of Mandalore for something, it was the grand finale of the entire show, and they're not going to just leave it at a few winks and nods.
I really hope you're right on this, it'd be awesome to see it.

Of course it's not official, look at the logos.

are you retarded

What should the live action show be about?

>male twi'lek with female ears
This is a Legends image, right?

best ranking

>Revenge of the Sith so low
>Phantom menace higher than RotS
>rogue one so high

Yeah okay let's ruin the thread early with another ranking war

>ESB first
>RotJ not great tier
>RotS only ok and behind TPM

what the fuck is wrong with you, user

I forgot Goto existed until Malachor V.

He's a hologram that Luke's ex-wife is using to fuck with him.

easiest (you)s of my life

Swap Episode I and Episode III and this would be my ranking as well.
Note: TFA is not actually a bad movie per se, but it's terrible as a Star Wars movie and as a piece of the shared Star Wars universe.

>rogue one so high
As it should be.

RotJ is good, but it's definitely the weakest of the OT. Blowing up a Death Star is not really original, and goofy teddy bears easily defeating trained soldiers is how you eventually get to the Gungans.

>>rogue one so high
>As it should be.
This guy knows what's up.

>star wars movie ranking
you people are silly, all the star wars movies are awesome

Corellian Security Force.

Think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but in space, developing much like Rebels (starting small, confined to the planet, later moving out throughout the galaxy), and utilizing unused concepts for Underworld.

>Agents of Shield

You're one of those who didn't watch it past Season 1, have you?

>2014
Think again, friend. It's a reverse trap.

The best kind.

I feel like we've had this argument before, you were a retard who clung onto his garbage tv programme then and will continue to be a retard now so I won't bother

Ah yes, we did. And like another user said about you, the stench of ignorance is strong with this one.

Get a room

The time after TFA came out was fun desu

>So he'd done more of the same. He'd drunk to forget. He'd brawled to let off steam. He'd taken the dangerous jobs to fund his lifestyle-and then began it all again. He wasn't some chivalrous nomad, skulking from planet to planet doing good deeds and leaving when things got too hot. No, he left when things got dull. When the drinking money ran out, or when the bar-owner's daughter suddenly wanted to marry him. Kanan didn't leave because the Empire moved in: He'd stared down Imperials like Vidian before and lived. They knew he was something to ignore. No, he left because where the Empire went, fun usually died.

This is what Kanan was like until he decided to follow a mysterious green twi'lek with a wonderful voice.

Before we spent two years picking at its bones and realizing just how frustrating a mystery box bottleneck JJ had built for the rest of the sequel trilogy to navigate?
Yeah, TR-8R memes and Snoke theories were fun times in retrospect

Not really. We got endless shitposts from Sup Forums.

Wait, you're from Sup Forums aren't you? Well yeah, I can see why it would be fun for you.

>goofy teddy bears easily defeating trained soldiers is how you eventually get to the Gungans
Except the gungans worked and are ok.
>inb4 Jar Jar
One character which every gungan thought was borderline stupid in TPM and which other characters had to deal with later doesn't change that.

>Great tier
ESB
ANH
ROTS
>Good but Flawed
ROTJ
Rogue One (I love rogue one but the first half is kinda shit, desu)
>OK tier
TPM
AOTC
>Ya-blew-it tier
TFA

Fixed!

>AoS
>In Space
that's what season 5 is going to be though

Aphra does seem to have a mean streak.

>fun
No, I'm glad we got past the cancerous "spins" and "traitor" memes.

Aphra is cute. Queen is hot. They still don't agreed on how asian Dr. Aphra is.

return of the jedi is the master race

when do they fug

Oh, they will not. Queen is going to rape poor Luke, that's for sure.

delete this, that queen bitch is a shitty waifu, luke should be porking pash, evaan, aphra, or ahsoka

>Queen is going to rape poor Luke
Then die.
>when do they fug
Why do you want that occasionally nice young lady dead, user?

Remove the protocol droid and the texts and id assume the story is about two teens who end up in a haunted mansion on a stormy night thats clearly home to a vampire

>7 feet puppet
>gold kimono
>giant ring pop
>genie shoes
>marble throne room
>guarded by the teenage mutant ninja turtles

Will he save the ST?

skywalker curse is a myth, the sample pool is too small and has too many false positives

>how the Jedi Order teaches Sex Ed to their padawans

She's into girls, isn't she?

No, but it's a step in the right direction. Though pretty much anything is better than "Palpatine 2.0 but this time slowly morphing into a chihuahua"

What's this business about ninja turtles? I'm familiar with every other leak.

BACK OFF DREW
Whose Line has been my job for years now
GO BACK TO PRICE IS RIGHT

Leaks suggest Snokes guards all have unique weapons, comparable to the ninja turtles.

his guards have unique designs (while still being red) and each one has a ninja turtle weapon (sai, katana, nunchucks, staff), and they are confirmed to see action

maybe, but she's definitely into dudes as well

They don't.

Seriously, what are they going to do with Ezra by the time of Scarif/Yavin? If not kill him off, there has to be a reason why when they "need every advantage" Bail sends for Obi-Wan and doesn't mention Ezra.

dead, or renounces the jedi and bounces

Disney won't kill off a kid

>Disney won't kill off a kid
>their most popular Star Wars character is a child murderer

can you even name a murdered youngling/tusken? there is literally one named youngling and it was a 3 second death cameo by Lucas' son

The day he turns 18, which is some time before RO/ANH, he will no longer be a "kid"

I hate this "Disney wont let X happen" meme when there has been zero evidence.

Until someone tries to kill off a "kid" (protip: Ezra is 17, about to be 18) and Disney refuses and censors it, we can't possibly know.

Even Gareth fell for this, admitting to assuming that he couldn't kill off his entire R1 cast, only for Kathleen to say it fits the story and nobody would stop him if he wanted to do that.

Lucas's kid, plus a youngling from TCW that was shot and killed.

Just because we haven't learned the names of ever single child that has been killed in Star Wars, doesn't mean its taboo.

Following child characters enough that they have names is rare in Star Wars anyways. The biggest two examples are Boba and Anakin who we first saw as adults.

Not formally being a Jedi doesn't mean he wouldn't be an advantage in the field. He would still have his skills and the Force (and the Alliance would still know it). Even Ahsoka returned to lead the clones in the siege of Mandalore.
I can see Kanan's death affecting him badly and making him not want to be a Jedi, but I can't see him leaving Hera and others (a.k.a. his family) because of it, when they would need him more than ever.

Killing random kids is one thing, killing a child protagonist is something else.

>plus a youngling from TCW that was shot and killed.

Wat?

Killing a child is not taboo, killing a child protagonist is. Nobody in their right minds, especially not Disney, would ever kill off the empathetic main character of a show for kids. It simply isn't done, and certainly not in a Hero's Journey fantasy like Star Wars. Other characters aren't subject to this rule (unless mentioned explicitly in future media e.g. Rogue One), but no matter how many edgelords have prayed for Ezra's death since Spark of Rebellion, it will never come to pass.

him fucking off could have him appear again in any number of stories, placing him in a limbo with the Ghost crew and making it so they had another Jedi the whole time but DIDNT SAY ANYTHING LOL would be so ridiculously lore raping it would make Suncrusher blush

Padawan Lost arc

Younglings kidnapped and hunted for sport

Well it's a good thing Ezra isn't a child then. He is late-17, and will be 19 before ANH starts.

>hurr durr le age semantics
how many role model main characters in cartoons have died user

Nice.

Why didn't he finish the job?

Kalifa!

Trandoshans can't into doubletap

I bet Bossk could've.

He already did.

>KOTOR 2 is subtitled The Sith Lords
>Only 1 actually important Sith Lord in the game

>making it so they had another Jedi the whole time but DIDNT SAY ANYTHING LOL would be so ridiculously lore raping it would make Suncrusher blush
This is exactly what it would feel like if they go with something simple like "he stayed behind on Mandalore with Sabine".
If not dead, he should be either in a deep coma or presumed lost in the Unknown Regions or something along these lines. He can return later to help Luke with his Jedi training, but he can't be around R1/ANH and possibly Empire too.

Tons in TCW. Some of which that had over half a dozen episodes where they themselves were the protagonist.

Star Wars is indeed a hero's journey, but it also isn't afraid of mature storytelling that acknowledges that bad stuff, VERY bad stuff, can happen to good people.

Also you need to stop treating the cartoons as exceptional from the movies. Lucas didn't want that, and that's why TCW wasn't like that. So if we include the movies we also have characters like Qui-Gone and Obi-Wan.

And lets not forget Anakin Skywalker, the main protagonist of the prequels, and what happened to him. Yes, it is a very bold thing, a huge risk, to break conventions in such a way, to NOT have your protagonist come out on top and live happily ever after in a fantasy series. But it can happen. It's not impossible, it's not unheard of, and I don't believe it's off limits.

Good people die, it's a important part of storytelling for kids, VERY important, and Lucasfilm know this.

Good people will continue to die in the movies, and the books, and the comics, and yes even the cartoons. I fully expect Kanan to die, and if they come up with a meaningful story that entails Ezra's death, Ezra would die too. It's not as controversial as you are making it out to be, especially when Ezra isn't even a child anymore. The show is wrapping up so they don't even have the future of the show at stakes. Filoni has said that he has had the Rebels ending planned from the very beginning, so whatever happens, it's been decided for about 5 years now anyways.

Do I personally think Ezra will die? No, the show is leading up to A New Hope, and "hope" is the keyword there. But if Lucasfilm wanted to tell a story of Ezra's death, it could happen.

lucas is not disney

Will Disney allow them to kill the protagonist kid?

Shut up Dengar