Flash

So I was told there were some people out there who thought bringing the old Wally was the racists getting their way. I mean, really? Wasn't the main problem people had with new Wally that he didn't have any of the old Wally's history even though he was the main Flash for about as long as Barry, not the race angle? And it's not like new Wally was erased either, just retconned as being a different character.

SJW's always believe that their is some kind of hidden racist/misogynistic/sexist message being displayed in all forms of media.

1/10 of the time their right, but most of the time its just idiotic conspiracies generated by attention seeking bigots.

What im trying to get at is, no wally being white doesn't matter in the overall story, its story about sea people, solar powered aliens pushing planets, and time traveling gods fucking with everyone.

If black Wally was to be killed off then yeah it would seem a little strange, but he isn't going to be, hes going to be developed and become a good written character with lots of substance, and white wally is going to be there doing his own thing.

Wait what was this thread about again?

People see white Wally coming back as an erasure of black Wally, they don't read comics so they don't know that black Wally is still around and is actually featured more than white wally

There were like 3 people who tried to raise that idea up in one Rebirth roundtable, but it's pointless to even address them considering how obviously wrong they are. The evidence speaks for itself. Both Wallys have storylines addressing their life concerns and are showing up in books regularly. Black Wally is actually much better off now that he's allowed to be a new character instead of forced to pander to white Wally fans when none of them want to read about those kind of childhood novice adventures. Racists wouldn't even latch on to a guy like Wally in the first place with an Asian wife and mixed kids. It's pure nonsense.

>1/10
You forgot a few zeroes at the end there.

Anyways, yes there were. Not many, but a few idiots. They didn't really care about Wally as a character, regardless of his skin tone. They just wanted something to bitch about.

I think these people need to realize that introducing Wally In Name Only was never an attempt at racial equality/diversity and more an attempt to forestall the return of the Pre-FP Wally West that several creators including Manapul/Bucetallo had wanted to bring back. So really if you are an SJW, do you really want your politics hijacked because of the tastes of DC's management that Barry >>> Wally and that the latter should fuck off and die?

Geoff was the one who wanted Wally back. He said he worked on him and lived Wally and was gutted to see him erased.

He also feels the same for Kon el but can't restore him. It's Didio why most things got deleted.

Of course it's Dan. He was the one that got rid of Wally in the first place and even admitted to it in his weekly column in the last issue Flash 247

Wally is a very prominent racist character

Until Rebirth I never realized how truly insufferable Wallycucks were. I ant White Wally to get killed off again just so that they'll suffer.

same

Wolfman thought Wally was boring.

The problem was that new Wally was a badly written character. Most people who wanted Wally back just wanted good Flash stories.He also got a nice rebirth bump and is now in Teen Titans and what not getting into the larger DCU

That doesn't mean there aren't assholes and racists out there who just didn't want a black kid tho.

The Wally Post crisis sleeze era. Where he hits on married women and pervs on powergirl.

That's from the first issue of Flash, it's Baron.

pretty sure this one is mind control

and this is talking about USSR

no one talks about it but Wally is a great character who grows and matures in real time.

The Comics Alliance editor tried to get a thing going but it didn't go anywhere. To start a fake outragegasm you need to pull in more than just three people, and nobody thinks the black Wally West was the "real" one.

White Wally West is the "real" one because he has decades of comics history (and TV history too) behind him. Now, that history does favor white characters for obvious reasons, but Replacement Wally simply didn't appeal to anybody. The best you can say is he's less unpopular than Nick Fury Jr.

Wolfman admitted Wally is boring to him and tried to remove him at times or write him like a jerk.

Being homophobic here.

The character people love is a creation of Waid. A SuperMan proxy.

Took Linda to grew up.

>black Wally is still around and is actually featured more than white wally

This. nuWally is in Flash quite a bit and Teen Titans while gingWally has been in like two Flash books (which also featured nuWally) and Titans.

gingWally is going to die at the end of Rebirth of this I'm almost sure.

t. coalburners

T. Trevors.

Nah. Black Wallys gonna die. He is a villian with deathstroke now.

I haven't read the most recent Deathstroke issue (been trade waiting) but aren't a bunch of young heroes helping Deathstroke at the moment, including nuPowergirl and some others?

I'd be pretty surprised if they killed off nuWally.