mobile.twitter.com/SpongeBob/status/869197902853419008
youtube.com/watch?v=XgU3AYMcfhU
twitter.com/Marvel/status/869221834696384513
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did they mean by this?

No, really. I'm completely baffled.

HAHAHA
America btfo

Americans are so fat they fall asleep from diabetic comas on the line to the bathroom in walmart (where they obviously shart themselves).

You'd think that after a decade of twitter companies would learn not to make jokes when people literally have died

>it's real
mobile.twitter.com/SpongeBob/status/869197902853419008

>let's pay homage to soldiers, not to the people they kill, torture, rape
Ah, fuck off.

It would be wrong to joke about those people too though. Only fictional death is funny.

>not to the people they kill, torture, rape

other people who kill, torture and rape?

Veterans getting benefits?

I guess it's a reference to the Rock Bottom scene where hes standing in line to speak to the customer service at the bus station and falls asleep?

What that has to do with Memorial Day I don't know.

So who's getting fired for this?

>lets blame the puppets and not the puppeteers
Wew lad

>let's blame the puppets
Yes, for wanting to be puppets.

>all these people triggered
>Even on here

It was a joke, a shitty one, but still a joke

Is someone sleeping with the fishes?

>Is someone sleeping with the fishes?

What, should America just not have a military at all? Should it just roll over and let every other country do whatever the fuck they want? The military may be misguided, but it's still an essential part of the country you jackoff.

It would work more towards that if it said "on" long lines.

>mobile

Having a military is one thing and all well and good. Creating a military industrial complex is something else which the USA promotes with its activities.

>USA must be the world police
What a tool.

it's more that it's completely unexpected that it would be in bad taste

like i doubt anyone here cares about it being in bad taste that much, just the fact that the official spongebob account put it out

I agree in the age of an all volunteer army yeah, anyone who signs up for it knows what they're getting into and doesn't really deserve any preferential treatment for their choice of career. But Memorial Day honors all fallen soldiers, like those who were conscripted and sent off to fight in WWII and Vietnam without any choice in the matter.

This can't be a real twitter ac-
>goes to check

It's real, but it's so bland.

Good god you are deluded. Military personnel who willingly serve statistically don't commit war crimes, and the ones who did were the ones conscripted, and in most cases, they who suffered from war crimes very much deserved it - what with it being war and all. But you wouldn't understand that at all would you from behind a computer screen?

The 70s called. They want their anti-war propaganda back.

That is how we call carphones here, old chap. GiffGaff forever

>they who suffered from war crimes very much deserved it
Good god, you are deluded.

>only troops who were conscripted deserve to be honored on Memorial Day
>troops who chose their fate are less of heroes

wew fucking lad

surprised it's not getting ratio'd

>Creating a military industrial complex is something else which the USA promotes with its activities.

this hegemon came to be due to the nature of intertwined economic and political forces of the whole western civilization, the MIC is neither controlled nor designed by America for America, but by every country that benefits from it, and the abstract keys of power that handle them. America cannot pull out, stand aside or disarm even if it wanted to, because not a single thing about the globalized world can exist in a world without such a stabilizing force, and it's sudden vanishing will quite literally bring upon apocalypse.

>The "People"

...I don't fucking get it.

Spongebob is clearly referencing the countless dead on both sides that were lost at sea, their restless souls damned into the watery abyss, where they will forever remain nameless and forgotten.

The only soldiers who are heroes are ones who've actually done something heroic. The vast majority of soldiers are just doing a job.

>done something heroic
?

OHHHHHHHH SPONGEBOOOOOOOOOB

WHYYYYYYY

>the vast majority of soldiers are just doing a job

And they're still doing more for their country then you ever will, and have amounted to more of a hero than you'll ever be. But this is Sup Forums, I forget, where the only thing you consider a hero has a ridiculous name and a comic adaption.

Also the holiday you'd want to be ragging on with that mentality is Veterans Day, Memorial Day is literally just for those who "have actually done something heroic" anyway, so your point is moot

>they're still doing more for their country then you ever will
Shame on me for not invading countries for oil.

Well anyone who's earned a medal for heroism probably does deserve to be called a hero. Anyone else, probably not so much.

Also be aware there are more than two people in this discussion now.

2003 called they want they're clickbait headline back

It's just a really bad pun.

>"Fallen" in the "line" of duty
>"Fallen" asleep in a long "line"

A really bad really weird pun

>Not wanting to pillage and conquer filthy foreigners for your own benefit.
I mean, I knew you were some kind of faggot son but holy shit.

>tfw the twitter meme wars have gone too far
Wonder if they made an official Shadow account that was this edgy.

So only people who've won medals are heroes in the military? Do you have any historical knowledge of the armed forces, like, at all?

kek

>people

oh please user, it's not about oil, it's about gas.

also the erosion and disbanding of secular arab and persian nationalism that could unite and threaten western power.

No one said they have to be the world police, but his comment is implying that anybody in the military at all is a sheep. And that's fucking retarded.

Why is soldier worship so prevalent in America? Genuinely asking.

Unless you get conscripted, you chose to do it. Protecting the country is them doing their job. Do you guys clap for your mailmen, too?

>anybody in the military at all is a sheep
Well, they are.

>Drumpf dancing with Saudi Arabian royalty.gif

>mailmen
I heard they get PTSD too. Go figure.

It's been pretty hard drilled into them that if they aren't into soldier worship then they're ungrateful commie hippie traitors who hate freedom.

weak bait

This entire thread is bait

Mostly because mailmen aren't actively risking their lives to do their job. I understand that a lot of soldiers aren't on active duty, but fighting is kind of their job description.
I'm more surprised other countries don't have more respect for their militaries.

Case in point:

I think "going postal" is one of my favorite unfortunately hilarious American phrases.

>Why is soldier worship so prevalent in America? Genuinely asking.

martial history and culture of action.

glorification, gamification and dramatization of violence.

deep connection between military service and life and rural/central communities as a means of social progression and cultural osmosis.

deep connection between military industry and international affairs with local economy, and immigrant populations.

>I'm more surprised other countries aren't morons
FTFY

BOO HOO HOO MUH VETRANS THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

NOW STOP NAGGING WE THE GOVT ABOUT MUH PENSIONS

These are the people dying so that you can shitpost on the internet. Sure not all wars are justified, but if it wasn't for people giving their lives in some pivotal battles everything you have would be fucking gone.
Are you an edgy anarchist or some shit to not appreciate the sacrifices that went into your life?

non-western ones that haven't been washed over by radical neoliberalism still do, like China, Korea, Japan(famous for painting their military in fruitless but noble struggles)and India in Asia, south american ones like Chile, Brazil and Colombia, African ones like South Africa, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Zimbawe. And of course Russia.

really, the west's distate for it's own military is rather uncommon world-wide.

you go tell Ukraine they're morons for trying to regain their eastern border.

>Sup Forums is a collection of liberal contrarians
>other stories developing now: water is wet

>war is good
t. someone who never was in a war

Lol, I bet people seeing this can't take a joke

It's partly because there's less propaganda in most western countries about how soldiers fight for the people. Probably because it's often not as necessary as the military expanditures and recruitement needs are lower.

>falling for bait this obvious
Let it go

Of course war isn't good, that's why it's good when you WIN them. Because they end.

Using the completely nonsensical 'Drumpf'
insult is far more of a sheepish thing to do, desu.

You realize that not everyone in the military wants war right?

>only shit countries love the military
Interesting.

There really should be a memorial day for those who died on the axis side

didn't know Germany was at it again

>backpedaling

twitter.com/Marvel/status/869221834696384513

Cheers

>African ones like South Africa
Haha you haven't got a clue. We don't bash our military, but there's nothing close to the martial glorification like America.

Well there's that too, the idea that America and everything about your way of life is under constant threat of complete annihilation if you don't support the military-industrial complex.

I'm sure that has some influence on people.

>why don't people feel respect for non-democratic institutions?

>backpedaling
That was my first post in this thread, so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, it was just a general observation. There's no need to get so upset that you were called out for being wrong.

>not everyone in the military loves war
>backpedaling

If it wasn't obvious you were a troll before it is now

Too late to surrender, son. Your war was lost before it even started.

>When you wanna respect the fallen but end up accidentally making it a joke.

Well, we have lots of war memorials all around the country, in honor of those who died in the wars.
At my great-aunts place they have one of these where all the men from the village who died in the first and second world war are written.

Memorial Day has become totally meaningless as everyone who fought for a righteous war in America is long since dead, Vietnam veterans are the closest thing left because they were forcibly drafted, but their entire war was a sham, like every war that has come since.

The only veterans still around now are literal retards, or people who signed up only for economic advantages, neither of who deserve respect.

>peaceniks in the military

If I were a cartoon I'd gloat about how my people are incapable of dying too desu

At least they're literal retards who are doing something besides shitposting on a board dedicated to childrens' media.

Didn't pic related end up joining a gang of drug trafficking bikers?

>but their entire war was a sham, like every war that has come since.

the Grenada, Panama, Somalia and Kosovo deployments were pretty justified AND humanitarian.

>dying for some asshole to get richer is preferable to a cozy life of NEETing

I think you may actually be retarded.

>doing something
Yeah, getting gas for Murrikan corporations.

Sure, sure.

People in the military shitpost on Sup Forums user.
I remember that guy who was regularly posting from Iraq on Sup Forums.

Works every time.

Really? Then I should join the armed forces!

>who hate freedom.
you faggots can't even elect a president by yourselves
you got no freedom