/hor horror general

/hor horror general

What are you watching?
What do you think of what you’ve seen recently?
Pic related for me it was...
Actually really damn good!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fi5EVr1FEFk
youtu.be/QP4DsyaB1eE
youtu.be/0Vm6noM9la0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I gave up on modern horror a long time ago.
I was brought up as a kid watching horrible vile 80's and early 90's horror and now it's just terrible in comparison... the last actual amazing horror film I saw for the first time was REC and that was as soon as it came out!
The Evil Dead remake wasn't terrible, I kinda enjoyed that, but since I'm a huge fan of the original 3 I find it hard to enjoy as much as I might.

Watched that for the first time a few days ago. Better than I was expecting. Saw it on amazon. Is there any easy way to find prime movies on this shit. Found this one through a suggestion of another movie.

Last one I watched was Chopping Mall. Noticed it had a bit part with that woman from Night of the Comet and TerrorVision. She's a cutie.

I watched The Blob last night. The 80s version. It was comfy

I think it had a really good showdown or final fight.
I have amazon too, but to get the f13 movies you need starZ add on
The shudder add on is like 4.99 a month and it has some good shit on there

last horror movie i watched was Dark Song, which was pretty fucking good. brits seems to be stepping their shit up these days, thank god too. altho just Peeping Tom as their legacy wouldn't be too terrible

That weird ass ending

Redpill me on it

lady loses son under satanic circumstances, then decides to go under some crazy ritual where she contacts her gaurdian angel to get one wish. but to meet her angel she has to basically go through the underworld. and all while she has dude who is facilitating this, Steve Oram from sightseers. things don't go as planned, she ends up getting in a fight with dude and he gets stabbed and eventually dies. then she goes through hell and at the end, meets her angel and asks not for revenge but for the ability to forgive her son's killers. there's other shit to it as well, but that's the basic thing. good movie tho, and only 90 minutes which is nice

I watched stakeland 1 and 2

Saw another one recently that was about some people making a movie about vampires in a house that was passed down from their great grandfather or someone that killed dracula. It wasn't very good. Was a horror comedy, but the jokes kind of sucked. The low budget came through in the acting, but not in a entertaining way. Can't remember the name of it.

good thing you don't so i won't be compelled to watch it myself.

Help me identify a horror movie.

So I only saw the very last few minutes of it on tv years ago. I think it was most likely made in the 90s. So at the end of this movie, there was this subterranean world of caves underground, and these mole people or mutant people living there. They were short and had largish, inbred looking heads and were kind of lumpy / weird looking. I got the sense of them being like an inbred bloodline maybe that went sour and moved underground. I think at the end of this movie, either a guy protagonist, or a female character, is maybe drawn back into that world to go live with them. Then the movie ends with a text describing what happens or something, and there is this disturbning, doomy music. It might have been a loose lovecraft adaptation, but I haven't been able to find any that matches this description.

>this subterranean world of caves underground
Uh, didn't mean to write redundantly there.

Descent?
Hills have eyes?

I Had a Bloody Good Time at House Harker
Enjoy

Crazy! I think that might be it! Will have to check into it but that looks like my memory of it.

>tfw still havent watched jack frost
return of the living dead 2 was fucking awful

>Bleeders (also known as Hemoglobin) is a 1997 Canadian horror film directed by Peter Svatek, based upon H. P. Lovecraft's story The Lurking Fear.

Oh okay so it is. Wonder if it's actually decent, at least for it is.

And here it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=fi5EVr1FEFk

Looks kind of cool.

that honestly sounds like Time Machine w i think guy pearce (maybe val kilmer? i mix up the two often)

wow it turns out i am a fool

you're a monster. it's on prime too. fuck. why did you do this to me

i know it's not this but anyone else remember when cole hauser was a thing?

youtu.be/QP4DsyaB1eE

i swear for years i thought The Cave and The Descent were the same movie

>Help me identify a horror movie.
>So I only saw the very last few minutes of it on tv years ago. I think it was most likely made in the 90s. So at the end of this movie, there was this subterranean world of caves underground, and these mole people or mutant people living there. They were short and had largish, inbred looking heads and were kind of lumpy / weird looking. I got the sense of them being like an inbred bloodline maybe that went sour and moved underground. I think at the end of this movie, either a guy protagonist, or a female character, is maybe drawn back into that world to go live with them. Then the movie ends with a text describing what happens or something, and there is this disturbning, doomy music. It might have been a loose lovecraft adaptation, but I haven't been able to find any that matches this description.
CHUD

Bleeders was definitely what I was remembering, but I've been wanting to see that one too.

I thought this was a game? Could've sworn there was an indie game out recently that was done in the style of an old slasher movie, and the killer has a powerdrill

You may be thinking of Power Drill Massacre.
Not at all slumber party related though. There is a game where you play a baby-sitter and get accosted by a serial killer, but I don't think he uses a power drill.

power drill massacre? the actual game looks like a ps1 game. all that guys games are shit though. he cares more about designing fake vhs covers than making a good game.

don't forget the full moon lurking fear. there's alot of this type of movie huh

Kek true, the promotional art and menu screen are by far the best parts of the game.

Exactly what I was thinking of, thanks lads. Is it no good? Seems like a good setup for a horror game, especially with the ps1 graphics

it's ok, i liked playing it but it also frustrated me at parts

i played babysitter bloodbath and some prison game made by him which were both glitchy pieces of garbage with awful controls that I had to restart multiple times because they glitched out. Watched a playthrough of power drill massacre and the villain was fast as fuck. not sure if he toned it down or not.

It's Nightbreed by Clive barker. It's on netflix.

Not really? It's all atmosphere but not in the good way. When the killer finds you you die FAST so it's just wandering around a windows 95 dekstop level maze hoping you don't trigger the randomly wandering killer.

There are definitely better games to simulate a horror movie. I think Clocktower is the first that comes to mind.

Most Horror bores me to treats and why aren't there more video games with B movie live action like Resident Evil director's cut? Would it lose its charm quickly?

its the directors cut too

>tfw no elvira blu ray yet

Love Clocktower. Sounds like something to try out at least

redpill me on the best titties in horror

>tfw no Elvira gf

There's a milf in Silent Night, Deadly Night with some nice tits, and a really great ass that gets shown off in some cut-off jean shorts.

most italian/giallo movies have full frontal if you're into that sort of thing. also almost every single friday the 13th movie ever

virginia madsen in candyman, she's covered head to toe in dog blood though

elizabeth berridge in funhouse
jill shoelen in stepfather

What are some good 1970s/1980s exploitation/grindhouse horror like pieces and OP's pic? slashers preferably

Should I play Night Trap?

>elizabeth berridge in funhouse
yeah if you like tiny saggy tits

if you play it the right way you dont get to see most of the scenes. its not entertaining anyway.

Sleepaway Camp
The Burning
The House On Sorority Row
My Bloody Valentine

Some of my favorites are Sorority House Massacre II, it's sequel Hard to Die, Nightmares in a Damaged Brain, Night Train to Terror, Death Spa, Cheerleader Camp, and Stage Fright: Deliria. Hope you find something you like!

black christmas
toolbox murders
terror train
maniac
my bloody valentine
the burning
nightmares in a damaged brain
the mutilator
the new york ripper
nail gun massacre
blood rage
killer workout (especially if you like 80s women in leotards)

what about the original sorority house massacre?

thanks a lot anons, gonna check these out :-)

Not that user but I personally didn't like Sorority House Massacre 1 but find II to be kino.

Prom Night 2

what about curtains? is it any good?

Terror Train and Blood Rage are easily 10/10 slasher kino.

I want to see this but apparently it's really bad. The vhs cover is just pure art though.

These are not even close to my favorite genre of horror, but I chainwatched a few I hadn't seen recently and realized that this horror subgenre (trashy 80s slasher) is the most suburban film genre ever. There are surprisingly few films that capture the mis en scene of the suburbs, especially back then (especially in drama) - except for some reason there are tons of horror movies that not only take place there but capture its essence. From Carrie to Halloween to Slumber Party Massacre to Nightmare on Elm Street. I think the reason is that horror is like the mirror image of what the suburbs were conceived to expunge. They're supposed to be nice, boring places where you can walk anywhere safely and maybe know your neighbors (this isn't the case anymore with post-Orange County nu-suburbs, but used to be the case). So of course a lot of horror is the fear that haunts and negatively defines a place like the suburbs. I think Carrie especially captures this - in that the repressed fear/ evil is actually latent in the people themselves, which will spring back on them by the very scapegoat they try to abuse and project their fears onto.

>The vhs cover is just pure art though.

That's how many bad Horror movies trick ya.

Nothing worse than renting a shitty Horror movie because the boxart looked good.

>slashers
capeshitters

is 2 a direct sequel?

>all those replies
>only one say Nightbreed

this thread fucking sucks

never heard of it

>I want to see this but apparently it's really bad. The vhs cover is just pure art though.
DONT. I've been burnt so many fucking times. So many goddamn bad horror movies just because the cover looked cool.

Any good slasher films post 2000?

>Actually really damn good!
look up Rita Mae Brown. She writes lesbian detective erotica but this was a paycheck and she enjoyed writing it

No, instead they try to tie it into Slumber Party Massacre 1 .

>not liking one of the major subgenres of horror

you're the one that needs to get out friendo :^)

I'm aware but I still want to see if the kills are any good.

only ones i enjoyed are all the boys love mandy lane, valentine and girlhouse. mandy lane was the best.

dumb. ill just skip to 2 then. thanks.

when a slasher is boring as shit 9 times out of 10 the kills arent worth it either. just look at some of the reviews on imdb.

Post your favorite horror movie poster despite if you like or have seen the film

actually i got curious and checked imdb. one review says the gore is kept to a minimum. take that as you will.

either this or blood and black lace. my bloody valentines is really good too.

>every silent night deadly night movie is available in HD except for 2
Anybody know why?

Not a Curtains fan, though that doesn't mean you shouldn't check it out. It has one memorable scene on a frozen lake, but literally nothing else about it stuck with me.

anything with this dude on it

Who is that guy? I think he was in Weird Science.

Blood and Black Lace is amazing, one of my favorite new movies I watched this Halloween.

That's Michael Berryman, dude, living legend.

michael berryman aka pluto from the hills have eyes. he was hideously born without hair, fingernails or teeth and was in alot of shlocky horror movies and also star trek 4 and an episode of the x-files

Thanks. I know I've seen him before. Thought it was just makeup didn't realize he actually looked like that.

Spookies

3/4 done and it's shit.

Michael Berryman, you probably know him as Vic Mackey from The Shield

try the willies
youtu.be/0Vm6noM9la0

>Vic Mackey from The Shield

Dagon or Nightbreed

Just watched It (2017). Was a lot better than I expected it to be but it didn't blow my mind or anything like that. I think there were just a little too many jokes from Stranger Things kid and it kinda killed the tension a bit.

Next up are It Comes At Night and It Follows

>watching modern horror

Felissa Rose turned into a major Milf

I would recommend Sleepaway Camp. This is the only film I've seen in horror general threads on Sup Forums that I actually enjoyed.

Movies that turned out to be shit from these generals:
Babadook
vvitch
Lake Mungo

>her husband

I was livid that those germans fucked it all up, but on their facebook page, they said that Arrow might be taking over the project.

Fucking kill me, God.

I really hope so.

She was his waifu. His band even put her on one of their EP's.

There's a second one? Guess I need to see that

Wow I guess I do have a chance at becoming Elvira's boytoy if that greasy guy can get Felissa and pump kids into her.

Just watched this. Decent premise that gets really dumb about 2/3 in.

I had a pretty cool mum.
saw this is the theater with her when it released.
when it showed her penis, i was embarrassed..
my based mum was laughing so hard she pissed her pants.