Was it really that bad of an idea?

Was it really that bad of an idea?

Yes. It's totally lopsided, it's a pain to reach the second couch, your feet will be in the other person's face.

what about the person in the top middle. how will they get down. or your legs would be in the peoples on the bottom faces

yeah it was dumb

Not if you're a lego minifig

It would definitely collapse if you had more than two people on top.

What if you add a ladder to the back and increase the height?

then the people on top would be up too high to see the tv properly

Didn't you see the scene where Lord Business kept poking holes in the idea?

bigger tvs

If you put it at an angle, it'd work. But then it'd just be 6 person bleachers

I mean if you stagger it so someone is sitting in the bottom 1st seat, then top 2nd seat, then bottom 3th, top 4th, bottom 5th, it could work. Still annoying.

Concept was fine, execution was flawed.
Here's how you do it.

the problem with this is that you use up more space

But the person in the 2nd bunk would probably bump their head. How would you get it through the door?

It's for high ceiling spaces. You optimize vertical space usage.
Also some assembly will be required.

>all these people saying that the legs of the people on top would get in the way
Minifigs don't have knees you fucking morons. They are physically incapable of having their legs hang down in front of the seat.

There might be a problem if someone up top is gassy and there's someone right below them

I think they did this ironically. I have the one from the movie set and minifigs dont have legs that'd hang over

This. The whole thing is structurally unsound.

When I was younger I almost bought something like this, except the top was a bed and there was a desk behind the couch.

This could work if you had it for some fancy media room.

Nobody realistically needs something that large. I can see it sold to a very niche group of very wealthy that would have their own large scale media rooms though.

A loft bed with an attached couch? Not an awful idea if not a little niche.

...so, heavily cushioned bleachers.

Lower the back one to half a height or so to make more efficient use of vertical space and that's just one of them fancy rich people media rooms with cushioned stadium seating.

Theatre seats came to mind when I saw it.

It actually uses technic for the support so it wouldnt collapse!

I got something like pic related in my current appartment. "Couch" is actually a folded up futon on the floor.
Color added for clarity because I draw like I have Parkison's.