I AM GOING TO PUT ON THE THIRD SEASON. ALSO I HAVE A COFFEE BEAN GRINDER

I AM GOING TO PUT ON THE THIRD SEASON. ALSO I HAVE A COFFEE BEAN GRINDER.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2018/tv/news/twin-peaks-showtime-season-2-1202655629/
youtube.com/watch?v=SFra1nqCigI
youtube.com/watch?v=mc34LKhEuhw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PPd9QaC_4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7fwy3PF9U
youtube.com/watch?v=kY1AzpPbgZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Xki_scdNQpU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUfHg3dFU8
youtube.com/watch?v=_VtxQARJj3o
youtube.com/watch?v=7QfGl9NYkNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its not as good as Twin Peaks the Original

You're right, it's significantly better.

I can’t watch the new season
Too many MILFs

The original series, while I love it, isn't as good as people say it is.
I watched the original and the new one with my cousin. We both agreed that the original has aged a little bit, and the new one is more engaging. The Wally Brando scene had us laughing for 10 minutes.

>seeing the 25 year megafilm that is Twin Peaks as three seasons and a movie
Get a load of this pleb.

>Twin Peaks the Original
David Lynch made all of it. It's all the Original.

WE CAME OUT TO JOIN YOU user

>David Lynch made all of it
Uh, there's a lot of the original series Lynch didn't write. Hell, he only directed one episode of the first season (not counting the pilot).

Yes, but he and Mark Frost were the showrunners, you dumbshit.

God I wanted to fuck the shit out of Tammy the entire season.

>The Wally Brando scene had us laughing for 10 minutes.
Existence disregarded.

>you dumbshit.
No need to get hostile you cunt
My point is people act like Lynch wrote and directed all of the original series himself when there was a lot of talent that went into it, especially during the first season.

Also keep in mind, there wasn't much "showrunning" from either of them when it came to the second season.

>Existence disregarded.
Good riddance then, because I could never be friends with someone who didn't like that scene. It nails the awkward comedy that posers on Adult Swim try to make.

>Also keep in mind, there wasn't much "showrunning" from either of them when it came to the second season.
There was where it counted. And don't pretend all of the episodes leading up to the killer's reveal weren't great, because you bet your ass they were.

ernie niles > coffee

I loved it, too. Forster's increasing disbelief was goddamned hilarious.

can someone repost the webm of this shot that was posted the other day

yeah, and it wasn't funny really. parts of it were funny like how his outfit was a real brando outfit, but it drug on and wasn't funny with frank truman. harry could've possibly made that scene work.

>And don't pretend all of the episodes leading up to the killer's reveal weren't great
The Windom Earle stuff was underwhelming on my latest rewatch. He just didn't feel at all like a threatening villain. He felt out of place, like he belonged in the Adam West Batman tv series.

>and it wasn't funny really.
well excuse me mr. comedy police.

You are aware that he wasn't introduced until after the killer's reveal, right?
Read that post you replied to again.

on a rewatch, yeah. back when you didn't know to expect him to be a batman villain he was pretty surreal.

Michael Ontkean can't act for shit.
Forster understands subtlety and used it to full effect.
Holy shit you're hitting a low mark in the plebeian pit.

Sorry, I got confused because he posted an image from episode 29

also, I forgot Window Earle was actually mentioned earlier in the first season.

Weirdly I had the opposite effect on a rewatch.
I thought he was a fucking idiot on my first viewing thanks to Cooper overselling the fuck out of him (likely projecting his own dark side to Earle's personality, since bad Coop fit a lot of Coop's description of Earle).
On rewatches I like Windom better and better and see him for the hilarious kook he is, rather than the Moriarty I was hyped for at first.

Episode 29 was where Lynch said "fuck it" and took the reigns right out of ABC's hands, effectively running the shit out of that episode.

OK.

twf you realize you'll never watch a new episode of TP again

Coffee memers can't handle season 3. You're going to be disappointed.

Fuck, man.
I'll still get hype for anything Lynch does, no matter what it is, but goddamn I'm gonna miss those comfy moments.

It's hilarious how much coffee memeing there was and it just flew over the normies' heads.
Hell, it was like I'd watched an entirely different show.
Season 3 felt like Twin Peaks to the core from beginning to end, only with a stronger focus on the surreal, and then I was hearing bullshit like it wasn't anything like the first two seasons.
I was seeing parallels on a thematic level that they just couldn't grasp apparently.

variety.com/2018/tv/news/twin-peaks-showtime-season-2-1202655629/

also, Lynch goes where the ideas take him. If they take him to Twin Peaks, so be it.

ahahaha
N

O

R

M

I

E

S

Oh no doubt. It was really cool that the ideas actually took Lynch back to Twin Peaks at all. Waiting for each episode marked some of the best few months recently, and it was always postmarked with another crazy fucking ride. I'm gonna miss that.

>anything Lynch does, no matter w
I am hoping one day to get to Silencio,

It was unfiltered cringe. Michael Cera's an unfunny twat.

I wanna fug jiggly Sheryl

The fuck happened to Jerry. Fuck.

The authorities called Ben to go pick him up.

Whether Michael is funny or not is irrelevant because the humor is from Wally being a poser who is clueless of how stupid and lame he looks. it's a more self aware version of James, who tried hard to be James Dean.

My guess he got fucked up, transported into Lodge territory, and ended up getting transported in another forest that was outside of his phone service.
Whatever possessed his foot came from one of the Lodges, and probably helped him get home on foot.

dude he ran across like 2 states through the woods, did you actually watch the return or just lurk tpg's?

It tried too hard, user.

This scene on the other hand.

Why the hostility?
I was explaining how he ended up being 2 states away so quickly.
I thought the foot thing and phone service made it pretty damned clear that Jerry ended up somewhere else entirely for awhile, before coming back in time to see Bad Dale kill Richard.

>It tried too hard
I don't agree at all, but whatever

also that James scene was never meant to be funny. Lynch legitimately thinks it's beautiful.

there's also the strange conversation he had with Ben
>You say the same thing
>Didn't I tell you

Thanks user, I knew there was another hint of that somewhere.
Jerry's weird adventure also lends credence to the concept that drug use increases sensitivity to the Lodge universe. We see similar lodgelike behavior with the junkie mother, when she reverses her cries for help (911) into 119.

If Season 4 is announced, where do you even pick up from? Did whatever time line Cooper, Carrie and Diane exist in cease to exist because Carrie remembered everything about her life as Laura?

You heard me.

kinda hoping they just let it end. i was satisfied with how it was left and TFD tied together more than expected but less than desired which is frost's usual deal

If season 4 is announced the best thing to do is focus on the new story (Richard and Linda).
Wouldn't make sense for it to take place in the old, since the story about the little girl who lived down the lane (Laura) is over.

let's talk about it two blocks up queer street

>TFD tied together more than expected but less than desired which is frost's usual deal
That's what I like about Frost. He gets a bad rap in general.
Loved Secret History for the same reason. Lot of cool shit about the occult that I'd only briefly looked at before.

Sitting re-watching Season 3 with my gf. She hasn't seen it before. Loved it but man is there a lull around episodes 11-14. Filler with a bunch of shit that literally doesn't matter and people I don't care about. Can be easy to lose patience with it.

Would Richard even exist anymore? Because whatever timeline Cooper ended up in seemed to fade to black and cease because of Carrie getting her memories of her life as Laura back.

>inb4 duh L Y N C H E D lmao

>the original has aged a little bit
Of course it did, as will The Return in 25 years. It's best not to think of things like that.

Richard ceased to exist when Cooper replaced him (hence him retaining all his memories as Cooper).
My personal theory is that Carrie's scream marked the Dreamer waking up, so the whole fucking universe Cooper knew vanished.
I also feel that Cooper, under orders from the White Lodge, fully intended this, as nonexistence is the only way to fully remove evil from the universe.

I want the adventures of Richard and Carrie, there was a severe lack of Sheryl Lee this season

This.
"It feels dated now that it's been decades since release" has never been a valid criticism.

You got lynched whether anybody here announces it or not.

I'm usually not someone who ever criticized something based on whether it feels dated or not, but I mentioned it because it's not the timeless series people claim it is.

One of the reasons I love Twin Peaks because it isn't timeless.
Hell, even Cooper as a character stubbornly refuses to accept the norm of the late 80s and emulates a '50s FBI agent.

I've got to the apartments with Mrs Green and it feels like I could be watching Mulholland drive more than Twin Peaks

Original isn't that good as I remember, yeah. Way more filler and drama, and less lodge scenes. I still don't understand the mill subplot.

Just keep watching Andy. His reactions and eager glances back and forth from Truman to Wally are fucking incredible.

The thing that I think will age the most is the Roadhouse music, and even then a lot of it was pretty timeless folk / indie shit.

I wish he just made a spinoff about the nuclear bomb or something. IIRC the hobo shit came from an idea for a video game he wanted to make. There's so much cool shit they could explore.

____!

Just in case anyone's out of the loop, all the BTS shorts are on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=SFra1nqCigI
youtube.com/watch?v=mc34LKhEuhw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PPd9QaC_4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7fwy3PF9U
youtube.com/watch?v=kY1AzpPbgZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=Xki_scdNQpU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUfHg3dFU8
youtube.com/watch?v=_VtxQARJj3o
youtube.com/watch?v=7QfGl9NYkNs

It's a shame that Robert Knepper is a rapist.

Who was the Muffin?

Friendly reminder that the hobos are actually homeless men who stayed in the convenience store when it was nuked. The convenience store was part of a fake village erected near the Trinity launch site to test the potency of the blast, hence the store's generic name. Actual hobos wandering across the desert took refuge in it, causing their souls to be trapped in the store when it was bombed.

Those bloody Morgans, fuck's sake

One thing that won't age is the visual effects, unlike the CGI in literally every other film. They'll always be just as bizarre as they appear now.

QTP2T

>been gone 25 years, "but Agent Cooper is missing" mfw

What did they mean by this

"What did any of what I have just watched have to do with Twin Peaks?"

>whispers at u
Heh...nothin personnel kiddo

On episode 18 now

What a ride it's been

I want to feed and seed on her

So what happened to Audrey

Went crazy after being deprived of Laura Palmer pussy, all detailed in Frost’s books