What are some legit criticisms of this show?

What are some legit criticisms of this show?

>Spielberg knockoff
>Uninteresting
>Unoriginal
>Derivative
These are legitimate criticisms

Winona over acted the fuck out of the 1st season. The blatant product placement was also quite nauseating.

jews

That ugly ass mutant kid kept me from watching the show so I have no idea.

A second season.

-Hammy, over-acting from Winona Ryder and Charlie Heaton, in fact most of the acting is pretty poor
-Suffers from some really corny cheesy dialogue at times and sloppy plot
-80s nostalgia gimmick wears thin and starts to grate
-Lucas is a shit character; shouty, obnoxious, quarrelsome. Hard to imagine his "friends" would put up with such a cunt
-Soundtrack is full of poor choices that don't really fit into the scenes they feature, don#t compliment the score and only succeed in ruining tension/atmosphere
-Rehashes lots of King, Spielberg, Carpenter works
-Feels very cliched

Watched the first episode. Only liked it because the dude from The Knick was in it. Once he got killed off I got bored

Too many niggers

Eleven, the most important, central character, being really unlikable and abrasive, you just want her scenes to end quick

> Spawned a bunch of adults who are writing about the sexual tension between LITERAL CHILDREN
>The black kid making out with the QT GINGER Because MUH CURRENT YEAR
>That try hard Indian disgusting animal in the second season. Nobody likes Indians on TV. Nobody wants Indians, Hollywood.

Monster design and the overall plot is stupid. Wants to be an 80s movie stretched out to a series level length but instead comes off as a modern mediocre idea masquerading as that to capture nostalgia and cover for how mediocre it is. Also really obvious pedophile bait. The way people discuss the underage characters in the show is uncomfortable as shit and I'm not talking about people trolling.

The weirdo hardcore fanbase annoy the shit out of me. What is it with nerds these days? Same goes for the Rick & Morty cunts.

The 11yo nig thinking he knows what theoretical is.

Zero interest in watching the third season. What a lame cliffhanger.
>Oh look, it's that same monster we've been looking at for the entire second season... I don't really care anymore...
Also the boss battle where Eleven closes the gate wasn't good. The pacing was bad and it didn't feel satisfying because she summoned the strength to close it by thinking of all those things that made her angry, but we've already seen her do that when she was moving the train car. Why was it so much more effective this time around? There should have been better character development between those two scenes or just not had the train car scene in the first place. They also should have had her actually kill the shadow monster, then either end the show there, or think of a creative new hook for the third season, instead of the same old shit. The entire second season was kind of crap, they really should have just had one season.

El Atrocidad

Bud bud ding, why you hating on the Singh?

There are none, it is perfect.

11 is OP. If she just hung around nothing bad would happen.

i wish they'd kill lucas

This alone would make the show enjoyable, and then perhaps more people could appreciate it, it has some nice things really but that character AND """"actress"""" is the worst thing that could've happened to them

So many plotlines that only get ~5 minutes per episode. And the format is made for binging. Watch one episode every couple of days and you're fucked.

The monster stuff was really a poor choice for the show

Isn't her actress kind of a bitch IRL?
The first season was alright, but the second season really felt like fanfiction. Lots of weird, cheesy callbacks and memes to the first season and the fandom.

ah now Sup Forums suddenly hates this show evne though you faggots made threads ever 5 minutes about it. Shut the fuck up cunts.

It was good.

Just binge watch Stand By Me, ET, The Goonies, Close Encounters, The Thing instead.

Sup Forums hated the second season though, you redditor newcunt

Incredibly annoying crack whore really.

Literally Redddit: the show

Not enough ass and titties

I don't want to see skelly's ass or titties

>implying she has any left at this point

That is the entire point. She's only character who could/would be objectified like that, and she has none.

Second season wasn't as good as first, but it would have been a pretty shitty ending if they only did the first season. The show should end while they are still kids but the upside down deserves more exploration, especially behind motives

that maybe these

endless Star Wars threads (for ten fucking days so far)

might belong in a separate board, like how Sup Forums expunged all the lunatic bronies.

to something like /swg/

that's all.

Nope

>all star wars threads sent to /mlp/
How is that board not dead yet? The scruffening nearly killed it and that was what nearly five years ago

b-but there is only 1 black guy in the whole show.

>complains about to many Star Wars threads in a non Star Wars thread.
maybe it's you that has the problem

Star Wars threads are at least still discussing television & film. Look at what else gets posted here.

how can the white man even compete?

RUDE

the chicago scenes were really awful in the second season. super campy.

She isn't ugly desu.

To be fair, the whole cast in that show is ridiculously bad, except for maybe Winona and David, everyone just sucks, and millieshit is even worse.

Shameful.

death to all milliehaters

Winona is awful though

Maybe, but she shines in that shit show, and everyone really would next to millieshit anyway.

>Shines
Not really. Winona's overacting is really quite annoying

being this mad

What is it with you nonces?

It is not good.

lol look that clown, rehab when?

I like the show.
Season 1 was great and Winona's character is top tier.
2 was a little less comfy but still good and a better expansion on the dark monster/monsters.
Dustin is loveable and I love profanity but he does it *too* much
I despise Lucas. He has such cheesy dialogue and seems to not fit in with the group at all.
Someone here said there's a bunch of plotlines going on at once each ep. It's true an it's on the verge of leaving every plot falling short or not quite fully explored, if not, already is.

exactly

Finn Wolfhard was pretty shit this season.

There aren't none and Millie is perfect.

I can understand them using product placement for nostalgia purposes, but they should've used products that no longer exist so that it doesn't seem like a blatant sellout

Like?

Season 1 is decent. Season 2 is shit and only femanons and faggots defend it, there are a lot of things they didn´t match with what was established in S1, and now there´s a third season coming out, is going to be shit
>11 will now go to school despite that he can´t even read and write
>There´s this new shitty relationships
>Since it´s going to be set on high school, it´s probably going to focus less on the world and more on the shitty romance (like S2 but worse)
>Probably will have stupid situations like Mike trying to fuck 11, the nigger trying to fuck the ginger, etc
To conclude, it was a show that had a good start, but went shit soon, now I will pretend there´s only one season
PROVE ME WRONG

I watched it all in one sitting and I don't remember anything about it, take that as you will.

idk, like PanAm or something

too much pandering made season 2 worse than 1

Season 1.
>Monster looks too fake.
>Barb dies and nobody gives a shit.

Season 2
>Episode 7
>Shit skin sister
>Will's dad doesn't show back up
>Too much song transitions, to the point where it gets annoying
>Billy
>Dogs look really bad
>11 instantly gets out of the upside down after the previous cliff hanger of whether or not she was dead.

And more.

Wasn't that gone by the end of the 70s. Also when did they goto an airport?

Billy and Max feel shoehorned, they don't really smoothly come into the show.

Of course the dreaded episode 7 which I think could have easily been avoided had they done certain things leading up to that episode

It's mostly cliches, albeit done well. And season 2 subverted some typical story elements so that worked

Feels like they haven't figured out where to go. The Upside Down is "locked up" yet we're still supposed to fear the monster.

Season 3 will really prove if the Muffin Duffers have talent.
I mean they obviously do, but it will show if they can really do something strong with these characters and pull it together or if it will just be more of the same

In season 1, Will is cornered by the monster in the shed and then the next time we see him he is alive and well in the upside down. How was Barbara killed instantly by the thing but a dumb fucking child was able to escape it? It's never addressed and no one ever brings it up in discussions about it. There, that's my criticism

>PROVE ME WRONG

Season 2 isn't shit.
Wow, that was easy.
You are right, S3 will probably blow, though.

>Barb dies and nobody gives a shit.

She's written in to die, even the characters realized that

>"S-Season 2 isn´t shit! I will not give arguments!"
Spotted the femanon, if not, kill yourself, faggot

They could've made it an anthology but the creators have no balls.

Your post is literally "season 2 was shit only grills like it" with no reasons. Your self awareness is lacking

You seem like a faggot and a virgin. No one wants to argue with a virgin.

tfw no daughteru

They shouldn't have introduced the street shitter

What could she possibly do to fight the mindflayer in season 3

>"Y-you are a virgin!"
Yep, definetely a femanon, fuck yourself, you ruined the show with your shitty fanbase, the authors were faggots enough to accept your shitty ideas and make S2 total fanservice

agreed
My biggest complaint about the show is the episode that is only about eleven going to Chicago

What's fanservicey in S2?

>he doesn't understand homage
>subjective
>nothing has been original for hundreds of years
>vague
Try again, bud.

I'd give it a few years. She's definitely on coke, though.

Barb was the fucking worst and if you like her you are a megafag

I´m just tired of making long arguments, femanons and faggots are going to deny it anyway, see, I even putted a short statement and you responded "Season 2 wasn´t shit, wow that was easy"; fuck off and go back to the kitchen
>"Oh, man, Mike needs to be DYYYYYYYING for 11!!! Character development after she dissapears? FUCK THAT! HE NEEDS TO BE DEPPRESED SO THE ROMANCE GETS BETTER WHEN SHE COMES BAAAACK!!!
>HOW DARE THE CREATORS?! THEY DIDN´T PUT NANCY AND JONATHAN TOGETHER!!! UUGGHH, I MEAN, LIKE, SERIOUSLY, THEY HAD A VERY STRONG CHEMISTRY IN S1!!! (Ecen though they met in less than a week and her getting with Steve at the end is realistic) SEASON 2 NEEEEDS TO PUT THEM TOGETHER!!!
>Joyce was very frustrated in S1, now that she has Will back, can we see her happy this time? Can her 2 boys make her happy now? NO!!! SHE NEEDS A LOVER, SAMWISE WILL DO!!
>Hopper didn´t have a daughter, can he still move on like he did in S1? NOOO!! I MEAN, COME ON DUFFERS, SHE CAN RAISE 11!!!
I can still go on and on but I think that´s enough fanbase cancer

Didn't need the black kid

>Barb dies and nobody gives a shit
barb was best girl milliefags can go to /lgbt/ for liking boys

season three should have the mind flayer possess billy so it can be a homage to 80s slasher flicks. billy being the obvious alpha male, easily able to physically overpower others, wielding a big fucking chefs knife would be pretty cool

>derivative
>thin plot
>shit second season with no real character development
>garbage inconsistent episode in the middle of season 2
>government is portrayed as weak against a gang of teenagers
>monster had potential but ended up being a boring generic one

Even after 2 seasons there still is pretty much no worldbuilding. You know almost nothing about the Upside Down or how it works.

This isn't really a problem unless you're into that kind of thing, but it can cause some actual problems. Most stories with a heavy sci-fi or fantasy element will try to establish some groundrules because it leaves room for them to subvert those rules and your expectations later. Without them, it makes every big new plot point feel kind of contrived, like they pulled it out of thin air, because that's exactly what they did.

You already feel the stress of this. The big monster in season 2 wasn't surprising because there was no expectation that the demogorgan was the only thing in the Upside Down. Likewise, the hundred demodogs weren't surprising because there was no expectation that they were rare. The ending of Season 2, where they closed the gate, was also not surprising because there were no rules set up about the gates. There's plenty of examples, and it will probably continue to just get worse during season 3.

Didn't the mindflayer grab him and not the demigorgon? You don't actually see the monster take him, just the shack blow apart.

Not sexy enough

2nd season was filler

When you start taking out pods of otherworldly creatures with rifles the stakes go way down

The 80s nostalgia thing they go for isn't as strong as it should be. If you are going for 80s nostalgia you should go over-the-top with it because the 80s were over-the-top. Go watch any movie from 83 or 84 today and it feels like you are watching a parody of an 80s movie because of how cheesy they were.

Pandered out just to sell more episodes. I lost interest around midway through when I realized it was never going anywhere and the first episode just had some out-of-character murders to pretend that the "bad guys" were actually going to kill more people. Turns out they had these awesome reasons to not kill any of the important characters. It's just not a very good show. You're free to like it, but I'm convinced Sup Forums only likes it because of their pedo tendencies.

padded out*

fuck off

no thanks

>The blatant product placement

the only one that was over the top was the KFC one in Season 1

everything, and I mean literally everything else was fine

Season 2...

"It's finger-licking good"...

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

EGGO WAFFLES
EGGO WAFFLES
EGOO WAFFLES