Who shattered her?

Looking for discussions on theories about who shattered Pink Diamond!

My theory:

Yellow Diamond shattered Pink Diamond because she was sympathetic towards Earth and Rose Quartzes cause. This is evidenced by the fact that Pink Diamond had softened tendencies towards Earth, preserving specimens in her zoo for example. Word of a diamond being sympathetic towards a rebellion would shake faith in the Diamond regime, so to maintain order Yellow Diamond shattered her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XBRC3oFGXg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh pls Ruby and Garnet confirmed Rose shattered her

Yellow Diamond was shaken by PD's death much like Blue Diamond, so I doubt it

Maybe it was guilt? I doubt she'd want to shatter her "little sister" but felt it was necessary for the future of the regime.

"What's the use of feeling?" implies, especially towards the end, that she's dealt with Pink Diamonds demise by shutting down her own emotions. This makes sense if she was the one who killed Pink Diamond, deciding to choose logic (protecting the regime) over emotions (supporting her sister).

Pearl

Maybe she wasn't the one to do it, but knows it wasn't Rose Quartz who did it. The fact they're keeping White diamond hidden seems shifty desu.

Or maybe she doesn't actually know shit and just got angry at being accused by some commoner of the murder of her sister.

I feel it's too obvious espically how they got lawyer to directly point at the diamonds and blame them. I think it's supposed mislead us storyewise, however I agree that yellow diamond is guilty of covering up some dirty secret.

White Diamond had Pink shattered, possibly by a Pearl she had infiltrate PD's court. it would explain why Pearl is white yet has a pink diamond on her space uniform. Pearl is a triple agent, working WD, PD, and Rose Quartz

>Who shattered Pink Diamond?
This guy.

What if White Diamond shattered Pink via Pearl because she knew she sympathized and even fueled the rebellion? She could've forced Pearl to do it through some mind fuckery. We don't know the limit of the diamonds' powers.

With what?

Only a diamond is strong enough to break a diamond.

Do we even know Pink Diamond is confirmed shattered?

Rose made a deal with Yellow Diamond to end the war, Yellow wanted the war to end because she felt it was a waste of resources to stay in and maybe she had something against Pink, Yellow helps Rose get close enough to kill Pink and then covered up her own involvement later, Rose does it with the understanding that with Pink gone, Yellow will convince the other Diamonds the cost is too high and they should withdrawal

Next she talked the other Diamonds into ended the war by corrupting the planet even with loyal gems still on it, to make sure any witnesses are useless

Moving forward she made a plan to destroy the Earth entirely so there was nothing that could prove she was involved in Pink's death

TLDR: Rose still swung the sword, but Yellow Diamond was the mastermind behind the assassination

Yellow Diamonds is litereally a walking Gem Destabilizer

I did it

Well if they anything like real diamonds, they are easy break. It's only a misconception that they are super indurable.
Perhaps gem diamonds are the same?

It couldn't have been another diamond. She would have to get Pinks most loyal gems who were there with her to cover it up, even her pearl, and we all know pearls are fanatical to their masters. Plus eyeball is too stupid to be a conspirator.

White Diamond.

Do you really think a Diamond couldn't easily say "leave us alone" to Pink's attendants?

Pointing a Yellow, but then again it may have been Pearl, but then again Garnet is black, maybe it was Connie?

Idk, but i do know this meme is fresh and original

Well who else would have supreme authority other than Pink Diamond herself?

I don't think it really matters what the reality is because, like you said, it's a misconception. A common one at that. I doubt the crewniverse is actually perceptive enough to be subversive and "change" what is considered common knowledge even if its false.

She shattered herself

The newest episode confirmed it wasn't Rose. It was a diamond.

But they were in the open, Pink Diamond was riding her palanquin. And there were witnesses, like eyeball.

But when do the snake people come in

no it confirmed Rose couldn't have done it on her own

If Rose hadn't actually done it, you would think the Crystal Gems would know that

At the very end like Duplo.

Ruby serves under Yellow Diamond, and its been shown that the majority of gems are obsessive over their diamonds and worship them without question. Her covering it up by saying she witnessed it isn't unlikely. Why are Pink Diamonds servants absent while this random Yellow-serving Ruby is present?

Let me rephrase it

A diamond couldn't have been the material author. But there's no doubt some weird shit was going on between them behind the scenes.

None of the Crystal Gems seem to be in the know or else they would've told Steven "No, your mom wasn't a shatterer, your mom was a wonderful gem!"

Which makes it even weird as to why Rose was ok with taking the blame

Pink Pearl did it

so your theory is that they didn't talk about it for like 5000 years and Pearl and Garnet just assumed Rose was a murderer and never actually tried to talk to her about the subject?

Perhaps, although I wonder in the same sense the gem diamonds have misconception of being near invincible or just lied to towards thier people. It can be a fun twist based on that contrast.

But your likely right, I can dream though!

We know that some gems are shapeshifters. The killer transformed into Rose and killed PD.

It was either WD or YD that killed PD.

There is also a chance that this whole thing is a deeper ruse and PD is actually Rose. I thought this theory was fake but Rose seems to OP for a soldier.

Haven't you noticed that each of the Crystal Gems adore Rose to the point of almost worship?

The fact that she, the 'savior' and leader of the rebellion, is able to shatter a DIAMOND only furthers her goals. Giving in to the conspiracy and confirming that she did it only benefits her.

But then, why would that Ruby care about keeping up the illusion in a bubble out in space?

Fanatical subservience to her diamond.

no it doesn't

because Rose didn't like being worshiped, that's why she dumped Rose for Greg

Pearl acted weird when it was brought up. She might have been a part of it. She has to be WD pearl, maybe she was gifted to PD. The blue and yellow pearls seemed to know something.

interesting theory.
Pearl is after all, white and every pearl so far we have seen has complimented their respective diamonds.

There's a difference between being worshipped for a cause and being worshipped in the bedroom, user.

Yellow is likely covering up something, she likely helped the YELLOW lawyer pick witnesses to do the trail faster and make Blue feel like she knows what she needs to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XBRC3oFGXg
Yeah, but she saw it 'with her own eye'. And then the Gems react like that's what happened. So it doesn't really make sense that it was a delusion unless we've got a gem that can alter memories or shapes, or this Ruby is dedicated to keeping aflame a legend that long since stopped being told, since that Zircon at the trial seemed to not know all the information right away.

The fact that there is only a single testimony shown that Rose Quartz shattered PD, and that it comes from someone who serves Yellow Diamond, definitely furthers my belief that YD is responsible.

Pearl, instigated by Rose, who was a double agent for White Diamond. Pretty much like the Boss

>Why are Pink Diamonds servants absent while this random Yellow-serving Ruby is present?

...unless Eyeball was originally one of Pink's Rubies and got claimed by Yellow after the war. You know, like Jasper?

It depends which gem you asked (like Bismuth) or even how you asked. Diamonds are like queens in a insect colony but gems have sapienism and have the ability to be thier own being and have indviusiual desires.
So what happen when you kill that queen that colony that supports you but limits you?

I can't help but to feel they probably would've mentioned that already if that was the case? She's had several opportunities to say that she served under Pink Diamond and hasn't.

No she said she was with yellow diamond back then too

no one. pink diamond isnt dead.

>Yellow Diamond is the second most accomplished in her planet acquisitions, with nine planets
>Only White Diamond surpasses her with 12
>Blue Diamond's eight is not as impressive, but just as large
>Pink Diamond's only world, however, was a failure from the beginning
>in scope and service, and in its Diamond
>Yellow Diamond in turn wanted to deal with all parties, and get big momma White Diamond involved, so she orchestrated the assassination
>Pink Diamond is 'shattered' by Rose Quartz so the war escalates and the corruption song is made, a song of anguish and rage that ripped apart the earth and the minds of the gems on it
>but even deeper in it was a sort of sibling hatred for Pink's lackadaisy desire to end the Rebellion for good, while Yellow Diamond was hounded to forgive her sister's attitudes, and her own states whispered the notions of rebellion too
>in short, her sister wasn't just an objective failure, she infuriated the younger Yellow Diamond, as now as the younger Diamond others doted on her, not Yellow, and admired her just as well, despite zero sucesses
>Yellow Diamond really killed Pink Diamond for a jealousy, as well as playing on all the justifications described earlier
>she inherits Earth, keeps it a secret factory for growing bioweapons and mutants, disposes of most of the soldiers, and keeps her favorites to herself

I'd put my money on Pearl doing it

We KNOW Ruby wouldn't have made the mistake of false memory (gems have perfect memory it seems) and was so zealot about seeing Rose that she wouldn't have kept quiet just because YD told her to.

So my theory is the following: Pearl cracked PD, PD escapes and is found by Rose who finishes her off with her sword

Maybe it'll be revealed that Pink Pearl defected with Rose prior to PD's shattering, approached PD's Palanquin as a distraction and Rose shattered her.

I honestly believe that YD did not do it.
I think that'd be too obvious for all the BS this show likes to pull.

Again, I believe it was probably Pink Pearl (our Pearl) who defected earlier to Rose, re-approached PD as a distraction at which point Rose shattered her.

The real question I was wondering if they'd answer was how? Like how could a Quartz muster enough force to destroy the hardest naturally occurring rock in existence.

You have a lot higher expectations for the writers than I do, then.

What if... White Diamond forced Yellow Diamond to do it?

For the same reasoning as OP stated -- Pink Diamond was sympathetic to the Earth cause, and as a result was a liability. WD, the ultimate authority, forced YD to shatter PD, knowing that BD was too sympathetic and emotional but also didn't want to dirty her own hands.

I mean the issue is that Eyeball the Zealot's account of events negates the possibility that YD actually did the shattering.

So it's one of two possibilities:
First, YD cracked PD, but Rose finished her off later (Hence Eyeball saw Rose do it)

Alternatively, (Pink) Pearl distracted PD, allowing Rose to shatter her (again, allowing Eyeball to see it).

Black diamond?

I think that it was definitely not Rose Quartz, at least, as I feel that fits the narrative of Jaspers redemption (which is practically confirmed at this point).

For Jasper to be told that Rose Quartz wasn't the one who shattered her precious Pink Diamond would definitely be a huge turnaround for her and would give her an incentive to join the Crystal Gems to fight a common enemy.

Pearl is pink tho

Pink hair and pink hue on pearl

they existed at the same time in separate locations

>as how? Like how could a Quartz muster enough force to destroy the hardest naturally occurring rock in existence.

This all implies there are remains of a shattered diamond.

My theory is that Pink Diamond got bored and left, and let everyone somehow think she was shattered.

Why? Don't know.

Well duh.
Facts:
1. Pink was sympathetic towards humans, wanting to preserve them.
2. Rose's sword CANNOT shatter gems.
3. Blue stated that it was a sword that shattered her, meaning that people mistakenly thought that when Rose poofed her, she shattered her, when someone else was the one who did it.
4. Blue was the person who is most sad about Pink's death,and should be the most mad, yet Yellow was the most anxious on shattering Rose, easily to a incriminating degree.
5. In Yellow's talk to Peridot, she states that "she wants her cluster, and for that planet to die, just to make that happen". Peridot had a point, why destroy something JUST for a weapon when you could use it for something better? Its because Yellow diamond sees the Earth possibly as evidence against her in some way. Or her want of a geo-weapon is too great, possibly enough that she would be willing to kill to have her way.

It has to be Yellow, no question. Also, no its not Pearl. When blue zircon was talking, Yellow clarified that Pink already knew at the time that her Pearl had betrayed her and joined the rebel Rose Quartz.

Likely situation: Pink sent her guard away to talk with Yellow inside the palinquinn, when Rose showed up. Pink stepped outside, and just as Rose was charging in with her sword, Yellow attacked from behind at the same time, and as the sword pierced her, Yellow did additional damage needed to shatter Pink as she poofed at the same time. Yellow went back to hiding in the palinquinn, and when the smoke cleared, everyone saw Rose standing there with the sword, and Pink shattered. A rebel stating that a enemy leader was destroyed by another enemy leader? Nobody would have believed that so Rose played the only part she was given.

Except Rose has no reason to lie to her own forces, also YD is clearly motivated by grief as much as BD, it's just she focuses it towards anger instead of sorrow.

She's concealed the truth from them in the past already, why wouldn't she lie?

Someone call Batman, it may be the riddler behind this

Jasper being told that White and/or Yellow Diamond killed Pink Diamond would probably result in an immediate turnaround for her.

Well, not immediate. I imagine her corruption would go even more insane first.

Anyone noticed Yellow Diamond's reaction to Steven admitting to crime?

She seemed surprised...
She was also very persistent with just killing Steven as quickly as possible especially when blue Zircon was asking so many reasonble questions during the trial.

Rose never told them about Bismuth either.
Rose saw Pink's death as the time to motivate her fellow rebels.
Also, surprise, Yellow only showed sadness in one scene with Blue. She was faking it. It's obvious she was faking it.
You want Yellow to be some kind of "work a holic", but she's not. She wants the Earth to be turned into a weapon, and Pink wanted to maintain humanity, so she killed her. Why is that so hard to think of? ESPECIALLY when blue zircon even reached that conclusion herself, seemingly by accident as well.

Does White Diamond actually exist?

>That picture name
Photoshop of Blue blushing with bedroom eyes and liquid dripping from around her mouth when?

I REALLY hope YD had nothing to do with PD's death and wanted some closure.

^because the theories I'm seeing so far about YD killing PD over one planet makes her look retarded.

look at the opening of the two new episodes

white diamond is the cybertron

Okay, conspiracy time:

Pink Diamond might have been against the other Diamonds from the beginning because of her sympathy to humans. Furthermore, she might've actually been sympathetic with Rose's cause, considering their world outlook and views on Earth are turning out to be not so different.

Yellow Diamond probably figured out Pink's wavering loyalties and staged her shattering to prevent her from becoming a liability, placing the blame on Rose's rebellion.

A prime piece of evidence towards this is found when we learned that Rose allegedly shattered PD with a sword. Bismuth described Rose's sword as being able to "cut through a gem's physical form in an instant, destroying the body, but never the gem." Rose's sword was simply not designed to shatter gems, which was why Bismuth created the breaking point (which Steven originally thought was the weapon that Rose used to kill Pink Diamond).

This information suggests one of three things:

1. Rose found Pink Diamond while PD's gem was already damaged, making the sword enough to be able to shatter her.

2. With or without her knowledge, Rose received some kind of help in her assassination attempt against Pink Diamond.

3. The whole assassination was falsified, and false records were created to make it appear that Rose Quartz killed Pink Diamond. It is evident that a vast majority of homeworld gems didn't actually see Pink Diamond getting shattered and are just going off of rumors and records.

Out of all the characters that could have a hand in any of these scenarios, Yellow Diamond is the only one who had both the means and the motives, as she had a disdain toward Earth and didn't seem too fond of preserving Pink Diamond's legacy.

To add to this, wasn't Yellow pretty eager to get her cluster geo-weapon from the Earth's destruction? Also, if you were to assume somebody was in charge of choosing which Diamond to go to Earth in the first place (white diamond), and chose Pink over Yellow, this would also give validity to Yellow in shattering Pink, because Yellow could believe that she would be put in charge of the Earth in her place then.

>I'd put my money on Pearl doing it
ok, but HOW did she do it? how can a Pearl shatter/crack a Diamond?

White diamond did it. Yellow is a red herring.

PINK DIAMOND IS A FUSION OF ROSE QUARTZ AND THE LION
Capslock is cruise control for truth

Pink shattered herself. It was her first planet and she couldn't bear the destruction of life she had to incur

Rose took the blame as per Pink's plan - she cried over her gem resulting in lion

A rebellion capable of killing diamonds isn't worth one measly planet

Rose did it for fuck sake.

But gems can't change their colour

What if they were the same color as rose?

Hearing word that a non-Diamond was able to shatter a Diamond would be a tremendous morale boost to Rose's cause.

My personal theory is that Pink Diamond was sympathetic to the rebellion, White Diamond shattered Pink Diamond because of her sentiments, and that Pink Diamond asked Rose with her dying breath to claim that she shattered her so that the rebellion could gain renewed momentum.

They literally just told us lion's origin story. Lion died and was brought back to life

But Lion was just a regular old dead Earth lion.

>PD is Lion theory still around

Lars getting rezzed, turning pink and having wormhole hair leading to the same pocket dimension where lion's mane leads to proves that lion is nothing more than a gem thrall like Lars is now

PD shattered herself.....

Most likely the latter. YD's reaction seems to have been one of genuine shock and disgust at such an implication.

We don't definitively know just what happened to Pink quite yet. She may not have been shattered if there was a plan to fake her death, which would explain Pearl and Garnet's reaction to Steven asking about it. If they are in on a conspiracy for Pink to have faked her death, they obviously can't tell Steven, but at the same time know the type of shit they're putting him through by letting him think he did.

Yellow is probably aware of the deception, but has to keep it hidden herself or risk fragmenting the Gempire even more. Given the show's theme of being true to yourself, Pink may have grown to care for Earth and refused to continue the colonization mission. The question then becomes just where is Pink Diamond?

Alternatively, Pink is dead, but that raises a similar question: where is the body/shards?

So now that it's abundantly clear that Rose's powers are op as fuck even among gems and yet she's still somehow a shallow-crust tier gem, my question is: what the fuck?

I hate Pink Diamond-alignment theories as much as anyone, but it's hard not to let the mind wander when she's that friggin broken.

I think the implication might be that pink quartz's are an earth specific gem. Like it requires the Earth's biosphere to make them, hence the healing and plant powers.

Like eyeball suggested that there were no pink quartz's at all on homeworld's side.

I HAVE INFORMATION THAT COULD LEAD TO YELLOW DIAMOND'S ARREST

Was Lars' Head the last episode released in the bomb?

PINK DIAMOND WAS AN INSIDE JOB, REBEL AGAINST HOME WORD, GEM TYPE WAR NOW!

100% it was our Pearl that shattered Pink Diamond, with Rose taking the blame. Pearl probably did it while protecting Rose from an attack.

Enjoy being dead.