New Blade Runner confirmed

Thoughts, faggots?

amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/film/ridley-scott-planning-another-blade-runner-sequel-2213240?source=dam

>Ridley Scott

This.
Dude can do nothing but shit on his old creations

It won't go through Sony, I'll tell you that. The last one barely made its budget back.

2049 failed at the box office which means they are gonna retry it with more action, far less depth

blade runner will be the new star wars

2049 was really good imo. I overhyped it but it still lived up to what I wanted.

I'd say they'll just cut the length. They deemed that to be the main issue

and it will bomb again, normies don't want to see existential crisis kino

Don't kill Rachel.
Make it more entertaining.

It's now impossible for me to ignore nu-wars when trying to enjoy the OT, and it's getting close to that point when trying to do the same for Alien. I really don't want this to happen for Blade Runner considering the original is my favorite movie.
Fuck off, Ridley, please.

Ridley wants to make a sequel because he can't stand the idea someone else made a sequel to one of his movies that's regarded as good, if not better than his original. Don't expect this Ridleykino to have a script that makes sense or if it did at one point, Ridley made sure to ruin it. Look no further than Prometheus and Covenant.

ridley scott will die in 2018

Maybe he will use villenueve again?

Good. Maybe it will actually have the heart of the original unlike the lazy city of "Bladerunner" 2.

dubs if true

WHY?!

Because nobody has seen Bladerunner and nobody knows who Dennis Vellenene is and also Ghost in the Shell fucked things up more

>Ridley Scott
They guy is far past his prime. Covenant was terrible, Prometheus and The Martian were meh

it's going to be about muh replicant resistance

Sounds not bad in all actuality

no double down on waifu blade runnner. Its your only hope.

>no hologram gf

I thought he was too busy making more avatar sequel's & battle angel alita?

where's he finding the time for all these projects?

Making a sequel based on a part of the previous movie that K completely rejected is a bad idea

#replicantlivesmatter

>also Ghost in the Shell fucked things up more
How so?

It won't be a sequel. These stories stand on their own.

STOP

Bladerunner > 2049. He has my approval until he doesn't. I liked Covenant for what it set out to be. As a sequel to Prometheus it made me mad but as a film it was fantastic.

Only a little surprised. Hampton Fancher had confirmed that another sequel was a possibility before 2049 released, and said he already had a story ready in that event.

Ridley must think that 2049 will end up doing well enough when all is said and done to get some studio to take a flier on another sequel.

You do realize Ridley was the Executive Producer on 2049, don't you?

When he says he's planning another one, it doesn't necessarily mean he intends to direct.

Why isn't anyone hyped in this thread ?
Oh yeah maybe because eurobros are speaking and amerimutts are awake. Can't wait until based poo turn off your access to Sup Forums.

>Maybe he will use villenueve again?

he'll turn dune into a 10 year $500 million trilogy, but fuck it up and get blacklisted

I assume the production budget doesn't include marketing?

>falling for the Executive Producer meme
EP is a bullshit credit. They give it out when they want to attach somebody's name to a project without actually having them do anything or even show up. In cases like this it's to trick rubes into thinking Ridley actually made sure it was "true to his vision" or some shit.

Hasn't even made it back, yet, actually.

However, IIRC, I read that the co-production deal was structured such that Sony/Columbia got the first bite at the apple. So Alcon might take a bath, but Sony should have made their money back at least.

Correct.

General rule of thumb is to double the production budget and consider that as the number it has to reach to break even.

That's "Producer."

Executive Producers do actually play a role. And in the case of 2049, Ridley was on the project for three years before he decided he wasn't going to direct it himself. He was also involved with the script, much of which was already done when Villeneuve came on board, and casting.

>2049 failed at the box office which means they are gonna retry it with more action, far less depth
They already hinted to a Rebellion of Replicates. It's definitely going to be a shit action movie.

Because it was a true sequel. Blade Runner is pretty boring to normies.

I'm so fucking tired of movies about "the resistance"

That would fail even harder.

It would alienate existing fans of the franchise, and the plebs still wouldn't show up because it's an established franchise that they either haven't seen the earlier installments of, or if they saw them, they didn't enjoy them.

That's just a basic plot premise. Use your imagination. It's Bladerunner not Soy Wars.

someone needs to make a shadman edit of >ridley scott

FUCK OFF RIDLEY

Bring back Villeneuve or else don't do it at all, 2049 was perfect I don't need to know what happens next, fuck that

This will be exactly the same as that stupid ass Sicario sequel with Benicio del Toro

2049 was amazing

>confirmed
That's not what the article even says.

The quote from the original source is:
>"I hope so," he said. "I think there is another story. I've got another one ready to evolve and be developed, so there is certainly one to be done for sure."

That's not really news. That Ridley (and Hampton Fancher) wanted to make additional sequels and already had story ideas was known even before 2049 came out, and it's still too early to know whether 2049's performance was poor enough to scare off the studios that might fund one. If 2049 should pick up an Oscar or two (and it should have a decent shot in the technical categories), it might get enough of a bump to break even, and that would make a sequel much more likely.

At most, it's a confirmed "maybe."

I was actually asking why they would make a ANOTHER sequel despite box office performance

Sup Forums told me people born long after I'm dead will lament never having been able to see this masterpiece on the big screen, so I went and saw it 3 times in the cinema. I don't want them to make another one for at least a few decades.

>tfw no Luv and K enhanced versions

not according to 90% of Sup Forums apparently everything i like is stupid. im just going to neck myself

I agree.

this desu

They're going to have a female replicant protagonist. Ridley can't help himself.

>90% of Sup Forums didn't like 2049
The fuck are you talking about?

Sup Forums loved this film. There's been constant threads about it for three months. It's like the only other movie that people kept talking about even in the midst of the TLJ shitstorm.

Sort out your issues man.

Yeah and you can thank Villeneuve and the two writers for that.

Ridley will fuck it up.

are you retarded? Yes there are rippling waves of contrarianism now, but that happens in time with every film, on release BR2049 had the most universally positive discussion and the most buzz in general I have seen on Sup Forums since fucking Drive.

came out the same day as my little pony the movie