What was the point of this character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we want the tumblr audience

to give girls a role model that's smart and brave

Stronk womyns

how about you make 1000 more SW threads, OP?

or maybe go back to /swg/ >>>>>>

No white men leaders. Script gets approved. That simple.

Poe gets written into a stupid plotline where the good guys fight eachother.

they needed someone to run the ship into the other ship and they knew it would have alienated the audience if leia did it so they made up this bitch because there are no girls in star wars

she's not even that bad in the movie considering she fucking kills herself to save the day

Kennedy's self insert Mary Sue.
Unironically.

Reminder that Ackbar died for the sole reason so this shitty character could take a major role in the plot instead of him.

She waits until most of the resistance is dead before doing anything though.

She’s a Mandalorian Justice Warrior, master of the battleform art of U’m Sweetai’ IV.

A cis lord?

HE HAS CONTROL OVER THE INSTITUTIONAL RACISM AND THE PRIVILEGE, HES TOO DANGEROUS TO BE LEFT BUILDIBG CIVILIZATION

to eventually create a /swg/

for all these FUCKING SHILLS

someone should rewrite episode III to be Revenge of the Cis

She was basically a minor antagonist to Poe Dameron and gang who turned out to be their savior because of she's a progressive lesbian with purple hair, not even counting her "brilliant plan". There were like 20 ships chasing them, I'm sure the nuEmpire could have spared a couple ships to destroy the transports and keep up the pointless chase that only happened to service the pointless plot.

Why didn't they reveal that she was a spy or something, then it'd make sense why she was withholding important info from everyone. Then she could slightly redeem herself by regretting her decision, and staying with Ackbar when he hyperdrives the First Order

>What was the point of this character?
(((social justice))) indoctrination of little kids/manchildren

To unceremoniously kill Ackbar, more of the ways to erase the OT and replace with new shittier copies.

Because having a CGI Leia hyperspace ram suicide herself would have been in poor taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

There was none. It would have been a phenomenal send off for Admiral Akbar though. I think in the expanded universe prior to the Disney acquisition he actually sacrificed himself by flying a B-wing into a glass cathedral of an alien race after ejecting Leia....or something like that.

The cute asian girl just fucked things up with Fin. She didn't get anything done except get good guys killed.

>best picture nominee

>boo hoo, an old man could have easily beaten a gril with a fucking lightsaber simply because he has a dick
Your insecurity is palpable.

>12 days of Thirstmas
Quality journalism.

>Old movies
>Older figures teach young boy
>New movies
>Young girls teaches old guy
I love this reversal, quite clever i must say desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

powerful stuff

so true, upvote

God DAMN am I glad I never spent money seeing this shit. They literally took my childhood hero and turned him into a feminist punching bag.

We must act triggered if the Fempublic is to survive.

>All this shitting on the new film
This must be the work of some reverse-psychology shit cause now i'm interested in watching the older SW movies (never got into the franchise, never saw a single one of them). Should i marathon them?

To kill of Admiral Ackbar and make Leia a lesbian

Isn't that the podcast that's trying to expose Dan Schneider?

She refuses to tell anyone her plan, which results in several needless deaths and the whole stupid Rose/Finn subplot. She's not a good leader.

notice how she punches through the hologram of the ship named "the supremacy" as she flys in lol

Based. Im a guy but women are just as strong. even stronger

Absolutely. Start with all the once’s Lucas was involved in I-VI. Watch either trilogy in what ever order you prefer seaquence/release.

There is also the cartoon and a bunch of great video games that aren’t canon anymore. I actually spoke to one of the people who worked on The Force Unleashed and I’m hoping he can help me break into the industry as a 3D modeler.

Nah, when she grabs the saber, Luke grabs his saber, and they both stare at each other for a second, lightsabers sizzling in the rain, and realize it's pointless to keep fighting

Commanders don't need to let anyone know their plans when their entire crew is faced with urgent imminent destruction. You know like Picard would have done.

Yes.

you should watch the original trilogy

Ahem, ADMIRAL FUCKING AKBAR? You know, the guy who was literally shown on the ship, who they killed off screen so this cunt could take his place?

Gotcha, i know what i'll be doing this Sunday, thanks user. And i think i'll go with release order, most of the times this ends up better for me desu.

Thry are good if you don't expect a lot, watch it in chronological order and root for the siths.

I don't know why they killed her off and left Leia alive.

It's so fucking backwards.

She cloaked the transports somehow so they couldn;t be noticed. Of course this begs the questions "how did she do that?" and "why didn't she do this earlier?" and "why couldn't this also have worked for the cruiser?", etc etc, but that's the justification they gave for this nonsense """"plan"""" to work.

feminist propaganda

You sound like your thirteen.

>The cute asian girl
The cute one died in the opening scene, the fat shrek-looking one is the fuck-up.

>shrek meme
You gen-z fucks aren't even old enough to be here. You weren't even old enough remember seeing Shrek when it first came out.

The First Order could easily pierce their cloaking technology, she needed them focused on the cruiser for her evacuation plan to work.

I'm genX, 'tardo. And if you honestly thought that fat gook was "cute", you might just be clinically retarded as well as gay.

But don't they have "scanners" that would pick up the launch of dozens of shuttles? And how did they IMMEDIATELY see the shuttles once they were told to look, like, did they not have their sensors on before that?

>He doesn't like em so fat it looks like the fat is closing their eyes

trans quota

There's thicc, and there's tumblr.

S T R O N K
T
R
O
N
K

They weren't looking, they had tunnel vision on the cruiser. When whats his face told them the plan they immediately found the shuttles

Before the movie came out I thought she will be the leader of whats left of the Republic fleet. Would have been so much better to have an actual conflict between her and Leia for the military leadership.

>Kiri Hart was hired to be head writer for fucking Lucasfilm/Star Wars
>her last, and only two writing credits, were two shitty tv episodes in 2003

JUST

What did he mean by this?

There is no reason not to, especially when people started pointing guns because they assumed she had no proper plan.

>she's not even that bad in the movie considering she fucking kills herself to save the day
Is there a term for when a character you hate heroically sacrifices themselves? Because it's not a good feeling. It just annoys me more.

Rain Johnson needed a strong female character to take over Leia’s self sacrifice role once Rain decided to kill Luke off

Yeah but isn;t there, like, a crew on those huge ships? I know that irl, if one fleet is following another fleet, they have guys who are devoting 100% of their attention to radar screens and the like, making sure no other ships or subs or anything turn up suddenly. Don't giant space ships have anything like that, or is General Hux the only guy who can use the scanner machines?

Why is the leader of the first order only a general, anyway? I mean sure Smook is the real boss, but shouldn't Hux be a field marshal, or, you know, an admiral, since he's a ship commander?

Oscar bait

All those characters literally failed in the movie

Look, fuck you... quit thinking about it. She had a perfect plan until Poe indirectly fucked it uo

ADMIRAL GENDER STUDIES

Don’t forget the pointless mutiny scene that had no consequences for Poe who got to go back to normal like nothing happened.

but Poe's shenanigans amounted to literally nothing, Leia spanked him before he could do anything effective.

If she told Poe the plan then he wouldn't have fucked it up.

Cool, so all female SJW's should hijack a large aircraft and fly into shit at mach 1?

#imstillwithher

She did cut something. Ironically the right wing as well.

little girls talk about women in leadership

She was as ugly as she was annoying and point less
>you don’t kill with hate, you fight for those you love
Bitch what the fuck you think Finn was trying to do!?!

Unironcally this

If its a need to know plan about evacuating the entire ship... the ENTIRE fucking ship needs to know

>she's not even that bad

dats vat vee vanted you to tink

>dat fuck yeah expression Mark gives

dammit Mark was wasted in this movie. I hope this horrid experience encourages him to take up new roles now. Just wacky over the top shit. He should spend his last 10 able bodied years having fun

I was so uninvested in the movie at that point that i didn't care anymore, but yeah that was possibly the single dumbest thing in this whole retarded fuckfest.

Seriously, the hack couldn’t write for the OT characters so he made up new ones to fill their roles which also stunted the character development for the new characters already added in TFA.

Me and my friend bought tickets for this. What do we yell??

>Rian predicted this all along
>he probably made the .webms himself and dumped them on Sup Forums anonymously
Is he actually a genius?

Yell “Talentless hack” over and over

To unleash a new wave of sweetie posting

there were no consequences of doubting her. Why wouldn't they have doubted her. Her "plan" sucked. If she was going to hyperspace ram, why didn't she do it straight away with one of the smaller cruisers that got blown up anyway?

FUCK

Scream "YOU KILLED STAR WARS NOW I WILL KILL YOU" over and over, and when security comes to throw you out, shit and piss yourself, then throw your turds and pisswater at Johnson, screaming "THIS IS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE YOU MADE YOU CUNT I WILL KILL THIS IS NOT A JOKE"

Fuck you Poe. And fuck you too Leia.

to take 1st place for worst self insert of all time.

>not posting the superior version

It's not self-insert, Kathleen Kennedy didn't direct or write the movie.

Shoot first.

Or just yell hack every now and then.

Let him know Brick sucked.

>no girls in star wars

To be a lil' fuckin shit for no reason.

>unironically using the word triggered

Dear Sup Forums administrators,

Hi there! My name is Elaine from Geek Feminism wiki. This comment hosting on your website at is actually counter factual. Depictions of sexual violence, even if alleged, can still have a detrimental effect on those who view it in the form of "Triggers". A trigger is basically any stimuli that could bring back unwanted memories that cause discomfort to some individuals. We all have them!

I have many friends who view your website as well in the tech scene. I'd appreciate it if you could take this post down and moderate any further conversation on the topic!

Thank you very much!
Elaine