DC: The New Frontier Storytime (Part One)

>Fear of the unknown. Hatred of things they can't control or understand.

Good evening Sup Forums. On the 100th birthday of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, it's only fitting to share a story of one of the industry's late great storytellers.

A story that bridges the gap between Golden and Silver Ages of the DC universe, and was later set to occur on Earth-21 of the Multiverse. Take a seat at Jimmy's 24-7, and let me tell you a story...

This is, Darwyn Cooke's "The New Frontier".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/niD_Pv1Iu80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aw yes.

I always love reading storytimes of this

Was originally intending to do OMACmorial day, but Designated Dave beat me to the punch.

Sorry, but decided midway to extend that into a DC Kirby-A-Thon!

And you saying you were going to storytime this just made me add Challengers of the Unknown to that docket.

darwyn ;-;7

It's already been a year since we lost him.

I love New Frontier. Have a bump, OP.

I was actually intending to do OMAC and some Infinite Crisis related material, but this worked out better.

This is gonna fill a couple threads worth, so no worries about posting reaction images.

Gonna be including his issue of Solo, and two more issues related to this book as epilogue.

I'm glad.
I'm just trying to build up some momentum before I storytime the full Fourth World Saga later this week.

Almost everything is in digital now, so it'll be the cleanest looking storytime of it.

I actually have Mister Miracle saved for sometime in the future if you like.

>Darwyn Cooke
>Dead
I... wait, WHAT? HOW WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS? OH GOD...

Last time I did it, it was just 2 threads. Are you doing the Trinity story, Titans and WW?

Are you doing Tomasi's Superman tribute issues?

Thanks, but I have all of the files ready.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes with it that as well.

All three are included in the Deluxe edition, alongside loads of bonus material from the Absolute Edition.

Stay tuned.

I recall reading New Frontier for the first time in late July of 2015. My LCS was having a sale, and I went in blind. It was my first exposure to Cooke's work.

F

youtu.be/niD_Pv1Iu80

Have a nice breakdown of Cooke's Three Panel Grids by Hass.

I don't recall getting into J'onn J'onzz until I read New Frontier.